What's the furthest you've progressed a single character?

What's the furthest you've progressed a single character?

About 5 sessions. ;_;

Human fighter, from levels 2-5.
I'm a forever DM who's only played one-shots otherwise.

Took a Dark Heresy techpriest from the very start all the way into mid level Inquisition. Got invited back after a couple years to play him in a Black Crusade game too, though I had to decline.

12 years, with my high school friends, albeit not continiously. Yeah I cheat.

Knew VtM before but just like many bloodlines got me into it. Our GM was inspired by some official wod material that was seperated in 3 different time periods and you would progress from medieval to modern (Giovanni Chronicles iirc) . We started in Vampire Dark Ages but continued there for qutie some time. This was around highschool.

All of us went to different colleges in the same city so we met a lot. Around 2007-2009 we still played, still in dark ages. One of our group had cancer and died in 2009 when he was just 19, almost 20. We kept going on, until about 2012 where graduation-moving out-life began to take its toll.

After a long stall I played my last game with them in early 2017. Just one session, for 5-6 hours. If you call that "progress" but this time we played VtM20, our characters were elders. Enough of doing the dirty work and being rascals for elders, By gods it felt good to be at the other side of the stick. At the end we toppled the prince of Constantinople and established ourselves as the "leaders" (one of us was officially prince) of our domain.

I really enjoyed it, the game itself was not something exceptional but longevitiy of it was awesome, even though it was only due to chance. If you have a stable group, I highly reccomend playing old world of darkness, or any variant of it. Start from the early times, not so early that you would be near gods in 21st century, but enough so that you would feeld the difference of your abilities. "exp point" level up always seemed weird to me, this way you would adventure without caring about xp and would naturalyl "level up" your disciplines etc on the next session, more and more you would rise to the top, you would have to after all, and as you get more powerfull more things would be at the "stake" literally and metaphorically.

Playing for 5 years the same character, on average one game per two weeks (there was a long break period, otherwise I would openly claim a game per week).

Nothing special, an apprentice and eventually healing-focused mage. No quirks, weird elements or anything interesting. Your run-the-mill magic user for a long going campaign using Witcher RPG. The main reason why this character survived this long was a lot of dumb luck early on.

T_T

Probably a tie between my first character, a Half-Orc Cleric/Druid back in 4e, and my Rouge Trader Tech Priest. Both where played over the course of about two semesters, but my half-orc got bumped up to level 20 from level 12 for the last session because our DM wanted to dick around with end game stuff.

Lvl 5/second career

Played a dwarven warrior/multi till about level eighteen. Took about three years. Lot of shit happened. DM wasn't the best DM, but he was serviceable. Wound up dying to a chaos dragon that was making a permanent portal to the abyss.

Well I mostly run games, but for characters I'd say my dwarf ranger that went from 4th to 15th level, is the farthest I've progressed as a player. D&D 3.5. We started at level 4 about 8 years ago and have played on and off since, using standard XP rules. I hope to make it to epic level.

In terms of games I've run, I've run a campaign for my family that lasted for ten years and is technically still going, just need to get to it. Those characters went from level 1 to level 10, but I improvised the XP so even by level 7 they were only getting 300 to 400 per session sometimes. Easily twenty or thirty homebrew adventures, including an entire red herring quest of thousands of miles. Had a recurring villain from levels 1 to 10, then they finally killed him.Now they know about his master, the BBEG I came up with when I was 13 or 14 and just starting to DM. I've adjusted him a bit, but he's still mostly the same. Should be fun when they finally get to confronting him. But yeah, those characters would probably be 20th level if I'd been using standard XP rules, given that they've almost certainly fought 266 encounters over their lifetime as a party.

Also had a character get from 1st to 9th level in a 4e/3.5 campaign run by my friend's dad. Sadly that campaign is basically dead.... and we were so close to finishing.

Also ran a Savage Worlds game that lasted until Legendary tier. It was steampunk but the good kind. Had dinosaurs fighting airships and all sorts of great high adventure stuff. Hope to be getting back to that one soon.

So in terms of running games, I've done a lot. Playing, though, I've still got through 19 levels as a player, a few more if you count smaller side campaigns that never got anywhere.

Back in the BECMI days we had a campaign end at Immortal level. The DM just didn't want to deal with Immortal level shit so ended when the group had achieved immortality.

Couple months before a new concept grabs my attention, I lost the only two characters I ever got heavily invested in to other people's poor attendance and another to someone sperging out and team killing because he had an issue with the DM, after that you learn.

1-20 as a Bard in a 4e campaign.

Also 1-16 then a straight jump to 30 in the same campaign as a Cleric. She became a goddess.

1-30. Lichdom at level 11, archlichdom at level 30.

Second place- 1-19, then switch to different system for maybe the equivalent of four more levels, then godhood.

why would you poke your own boob?

Five campaigns and counting.

About 4 years of campaigning. Level 5 to 20 in D&D3.5 (with two off-camera time skips that gave about 4 levels). The only survivor from the first party to the end of the campaign. Went from nigh-purposeless undead assassin to grumpy old immortal and father of three.

To demonstrate their softness.

Can't believe they are real.

Two sessions.

Tell me their story.

Why would you touch your own penis?

From 1 to 6 so far, almost at 7

1-20 dorf rogue/wizard/gunmage

Day late, but okay.
Wanted to do dnd for the first time, was given a precreated character, a dragonborn cleric. Wanted to do my own character but whatever.
So in the last session before I joined the group they barely survived being trapped in an old tower fighting a demon, after being trapped in a church by a horde of undead, so I got to join the fold as I joined them to help keep supernatural bullshit away from us.
In the first session with me was exploring an ancient pyramid. We very nearly got raped to death by scorpions and our fighter got captured by a lich. Thankfully I played the type to attempt to talk to creatures that seem reasonable, unfortunately our fighter(and the player) is a lolsorandum fuckhead, so while I was attempting to get a deal going in exchange for his freedom the fighter was alternating between offering sexual favours and demanding I be captured too. Not exchanged for him, captured and kept as well.
>mfw
Thankfully he left that session because I don't give a fuck, but we all agreed his blood count was almost half scorpion venom and we told him to fuck off back to camp.
Near the end we found a magic interdimensional tavern with a barmaid that creeped me the fuck out, couldn't get any intent readings or anything. Someone started getting rough and we almost got raped to death by a horde of familiars and the very alive dragon head mounted on the wall, and the main thought going through my head was "Man I'm glad the fighter left, we'd be fucking dead five minutes ago."
We bought some stuff for the road, said oour pleasantries and left, fought a giant lamia dude and took him down with the power of teamwork and collected two liches(I feel like mentioning they were represented by the monster girl encyclopedia lich is important) as companions. I thought this was impressive until we got back to the camp I technically never seen and it was bristling with companion npcs.

Our next session several of the other players lost interest and fucked off, leaving me, my close friend the elf thief, a dwarf knight and the fuckface elewyn(iirc) fighter camping in a spoopy forest hunting a dullahan(thankfully not represented by a monmusu sprite).
We found two dire wolves fucked up and bleeding, fighter killed one but I can't remember if it was infuriating or not, I healed the other one and the thief got a fluffy ball of murder. Then skeletons started pouring out of the literal fucking woodwork, and thanks to some careful use of a few jugs of holy water and some sort of holy aoe spell whose name I can't remember we were able to funnel them into an area directly infront of us. Then the fighter decided to drop his pants and stick his penis in a zombies mouth.
>mfw
Thankfully the predictable chain of events happened and he got his crotch mauled instead of the session turning into sexorcism 2. Eventually the dullahan rode into the grove through the fog of war and demanded to know why we were trespassing his sacred woods. We were about to ask what he meant when the fighter loudly announced his desire to put his penis in the dullahans neck stump and immediately tried to roll initiative.Thankfully I did, and I used it well by kneecapping him with my mace. The next ten minutes was a humiliating affair of us attempting to kill a loud, stationary target and rolling consecutive fails, which resulted in the thief and the knight(both women) naked when my attempt at a shotgun failed and missed point blank, and me stabbed in the shin when the thief rolled a crit fail. Eventually we decided to leave him to be turned into fertilizer by the dullahan and move on with our quest. We talked with the dullahan, he was protecting the graves of his wife and child, we agreed to bring word back to the village that they can do whatever as long as they don't disturb him, etc. Session ended, the fighter and knight fucked off and dm disappeared into the ether.

1 to like 18. A Half-Elf Bard in a 3e campaign that ran for-fucking-ever, and has spun into a homebrew setting that has had like ten campaigns set in it.

Feels good man.

>5 years
>nothing special or interesting

Maybe that's the secret to a character's longevity.

19th level, almost 4 years, DND 3.5. Druid.

The only one character right form the start to the end, even.

Ascended to a god. He was my favorite and become a fucking insane space marine. I miss you varkus you were nuts and my favorite.

There's something a little sad about going 1-19.
Like, just give them the final level at the end just for the sake of closure.