Can you turn undead from inside Forcecage?

Can you turn undead from inside Forcecage?

Other urls found in this thread:

d20srd.org/srd/combat/specialAttacks.htm#turnOrRebukeUndead
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

No, since turn undead needs line of effect which is blocked by solid barriers.

>No, since turn undead needs line of effect which is blocked by solid barriers.

Different user who idly became curious.

Does it matter that the magical cube of whatever is transparent and that you can see out of it like a pane of glass? Or how does whatever Oots edition of 'turn undead' work exactly?
I'm not like, hen-pecking you to death or anything, I've just understood that the only thing you need to successfully do 'turn undead' is to have a symbol or icon of your god and for an undead to be able to see it, and maybe be able to hear your spoken words, but that could potentially be neither here nor there.

It works by the 3.5 definition, since it's using a 3.5 ruleset.

>You turn the closest turnable undead first, and you can’t turn undead that are more than 60 feet away or that have total cover relative to you. You don’t need line of sight to a target, but you do need line of effect.

d20srd.org/srd/combat/specialAttacks.htm#turnOrRebukeUndead
>You turn the closest turnable undead first, and you can’t turn undead that are more than 60 feet away or that have total cover relative to you. You don’t need line of sight to a target, but you do need line of effect.

>You don’t need line of sight to a target, but you do need line of effect.

Very interesting, thank you, Anons.
Considered me educated.

thog like

no bully ;-;

I feel like the part about 'we're going to fight the bad guy soon' is sort of important.

It's implied in the greater context of the strip, and the last two didn't really mention it.

Are casters unable to dismiss their own persistent spells?

My attempt.

>much
Okay, you got me.

Upshot of which is you can Turn through a bank of fog, but not through a window.

Homo wizard needs fixing.

First bubble should just read 'yes.'

Second should read 'thirty-four.'

This is deeply amusing to me.
> Necromancers giving their undead hordes riot shields made of enchanted glass, just to mess with the clerics

Homo wizard's joke is his loquaciousness.
Thogging his dialogue would be detrimental.

That's just fucking retarded.

Correct, but retarded.

By 3.5 rules that doesn't work IIRC, at least for tower shields (which, to make it cover, the riot shield would have to be).

Although maybe that's only for spells, not other special abilities.

Thog.

Best edit!