Scion

>toying with the idea of starting a Scion chronic
>oh hey they do a 2nd edition
>go to OPP
>mhm its going to be urban fantasy (WoD with mythology so too speak)
>go to the forums and the developer diaries
>oh jeez...

I always had the impression that the whole OPP=SJWs was an overblown meme but actually I was mistaken. "Muh we have to respect the religious beliefs more so we have to place the whole thing in a fantasy world", vile forum discussions where people went absolutely ballistic over the idea that ancient gods aren't LGBTQ+ positive while boasting over all their transgender Scions.

Welp... looks like I have to use 1st. Edition with a shitton of houserules and my own lore changes.

I would Love ranting about OPP a little but we could also discuss the necessary changes to make the 1st Edition a better setting.

Well Scion isn't well liked in Veeky Forums it seems

It is a pretty niche game, given that as you say it isn't very good and didn't manage to capture the imagination of people like WoD/Exalted did.

So we've got a bad game and an idea that isn't unique and I'd assume anyone who wants to run a Scion like game did it in GURPS, a homebrew or something similar

Don't be a baby. If you think 2e is mechanically superior, use it and the fluff you like. Don't force yourself to try and put lipstick on the pig that is 1E just because some people on a forum are silly.

You are not well liked either.

You're retarded. Just use the new rules and old fluff. Whether you include SJW stuff in your game is entirely up to you.

It isn't a bad game per se and imho the premise is really interesting.

The New Rules aren't out yet and I am really not convinced that they are superior.

Also its not only SJW stuff I am not convinced by other deep lore/world changes and their repercussions for the rules.

I’ve started TTRPGs with Scion and I swear I haven’t seen any game more mechanically idiotic.

It’s so unnecessarily complicated and is also such a slog to play.

The premise of it is really interesting and me and other player all like the story quite a lot.

It's a good premise, sure, but it isn't anything unique.
It's essentially demigods in urban fantasy, which isn't anything particularly new.
It's also not anything that needs a particularly complex and dedicated system to run, so why not just use a better universal system? Hell, even something like M&M could work.

>per se and imho

>I'm boycotting a system because the devs disagree with my worldview even though there's nothing stopping me from changing the parts that are triggering
Isn't that what SJWs do though?

Well, it's not like the 1st edition had anything like a coherent setting, anyway.
(Or system, for that matter - they basically conned everyone into paying a hundred bucks for the hastily-edited notes of a homebrew office campaign of Exalted they'd been running. OPP gets a lot of shit from people, but mid-2000s White Wolf spent years shitting the bed.)
So no real loss if they create some new, dumb world; and no real increase in the amount of work necessary to make a good setting for it.

The system was notoriously bad and that's the reason why they are redoing it from scratch.
One of the reasons it sucked was that it was supposed to scale up to godhood and that was crap, now they are focusing on the lowest tier hence the urban fantasy feel OP called out is actually an improvement.
On the SJW stuff I'm torn. On one hand it's grating at times, on the other I appreciate that they are trying to approach different cultural heritages without resorting to crappy Hollywood tropes.

So you're refusing to play a game because the devs want to respect people's religious beliefs and the fanbase are a bunch of whiney children who get into fights over nonsense shit in regards to gay and trans stuff.

And all this is enough for you to just shut down and play a different edition of the SAME GAME produced by the SAME STUDIO out of spite.

OP are you perhaps triggered

>jerking yourself off this hard for knowing le "reddit" words

Ehh do you know a universal system that handles high power levels well, is available in German and not rules heavy?

>Well, it's not like the 1st edition had anything like a coherent setting, anyway.

True but with a few assumptions and a few not that intrusive changes you actually have something that works fairly well.

And I would prefer to invest (fluff-)effort into a system thats more sandboxey instead of cutting out the retarded parts of worldbuilding.

Nah. SJWs lobby for censorship/ laws. I sure as fuck won't ban OPP products for their "problematic" (at least from my point of view) content. On the other hand I don't have to financially support the company that brought us little sidebars about how we have to accept pregnant male werewolves.

Voting with your wallet isn't SJW stuff.

>and play a different edition of the SAME GAME produced by the SAME STUDIO out of spite.

Massive lore changes creating a fairly different game and a different publisher ( WW and OPP aren't the same)

>So you're refusing to play a game because the devs want to respect people's religious beliefs and the fanbase are a bunch of whiney children who get into fights over nonsense shit in regards to gay and trans stuff.

Oh common, childish trigger warning stuff and a fairly misguided cultural relativism are just annoying.

>available in german
ehhhhhh
>not rules heavy
Well, if you hate rules heavy systems, and can speak english, why not translate a simple system for your players who cannot?
And if you want rules light, most rules light systems deal with high power levels exceedingly well as they tend to be quite narrative based so it's pretty difficult to break the system.

I can't tell if this is /pol/ bait or not, but at the same time being one of the only threads about this game makes me want to bite all the same

>Massive lore changes

Care to specify?

>Oh common, childish trigger warning stuff and a fairly misguided cultural relativism are just annoying.

And yet they're the thing you care enough to talk about in your opening statement. Not these supposedly GRAND "lore changes" which're the REAL fault here.

Seems to me like someone said something stupid in the heat of the moment and is backpeddling hard for getting called a triggered faggot.

>And I would prefer to invest (fluff-)effort into a system thats more sandboxey instead of cutting out the retarded parts of worldbuilding.
That's fair. Admittedly, since I no longer have an rp group (and am unlikely to get a new one any time soon), the metric by which I spend my money on Veeky Forums stuff is all out of whack. But that said, after the debacle of Exalted 3E's kickstarter, I don't think Onyx Path is getting any more of my money any time soon, even if they did shitcan a couple of inkmonkeys.

My issue is how they've made it so two books are needed to play at Hero level. Nobody picks up Scion to play as a Mortal yet they dedicated the base book to it.

>I'm going to refrain from playing 2E as a form of protest against the propaganda/political leanings of its developers and community!
>Lol just kidding, there's no 2E to play, I just wanted to bitch about something

I don't want to help you homebrew.

What exactly are they 'forcing'? Because I hate to break it to you dude but old mythology is just like that. Loki turned himself into a girl horse and got knocked up by a guy horse on purpose. Like that's a real thing that happened. And stuff like that is all over old mythology

2E is supposed to come out soonish .

If I had the impression of an all out solid System I would wait.

Sorry to spoil it to you but ancient mythology is slightly more complex than your cracked/pop History approach.

Loki got raped and the cultures that accepted some form of homosexuality mostly had a VERY narrow (and pedophile) frame they accepted.

>Loki got raped and the cultures that accepted some form of homosexuality mostly had a VERY narrow (and pedophile) frame they accepted.

So are you triggered whenever there's ANY media that presents greek deities and they aren't touching little boys?

Gods have evolved along with our own culture. There's nothing wrong with that???

>Loki got raped
Nope. At least not the stories I read
And I still don't really get your point. Doesn't change the fact that plenty of cultures had shit like dudes fucking other dudes or other sorts of shit in their stories.

It's likely not as bad as you think it is. The example of some person saying you should be able to play a black aesier but the scions of the African pantheon should all be African then getting shut down by neall comes to mind. Hell the only really out there thing I can think of is that thing they did with the Amazon's in that may preview

Evolving Gods take out
40% of the interesting plot potential for me.

If the gods developed you have a merry and flat giant bashing simulator. Especially if some mystical shit always existed.

If you are a normal modern human and your parent is an ancient god with downright alien morals the whole thing gets deeper if you really think it through.

Look being "allowed" to fuck boys as long as they don't have a beard is not some justification for Zeus being LGBTQ+ aware.

Thats just as dishonest and disrespectful towards the source material as Hollywood tropes.

>Evolving Gods take out
>40% of the interesting plot potential for me.
Guess its not the game for you then, because old and new cultures clashing and the themes of gods and time and change are some of the major draws of the game.

>evolving gods merely accepting developments maybe 50 years old

>hahaha you don't like clash of the cultures

Wtf. Thats exactly what the game misses if the gods just accept modern morals.

How? Like yeah I get that old Greek/Roman culture isn't entirely the same as the stuff going on today, but it'd still be fucking weird if Zeus suddenly wasn't alright with a dude fucking another dude.
I kind of share your concerns but I'm going to wait. Some side bar in one of the pantheon previews alluded to something like this, the gods being 'set in their ways' or something like that, and characters having to struggle between their current views and the old archaic stuff imposed by whatever pantheon theyre part of. tl;dr I don't think it's going to be all modern sensibilities imposed on old religions

Changing the setting sounds like a good idea. The last version of Scion suffered heavily from 'Trying to squash everything into a greek shaped mould' with it's Gods/Titans dynamic that didn't really work for most pantheons.

>Zeus would be cool with dudes fucking dudes

Nah. This weird mentor stuff the Greeks had just isn't the same.

Thats like saying christians might be cool with sacrificing your son because of that one story.

I don't think you entirely know what you're talking about, given that legitimate professional historians would argue the contrary.
Fuck I wish we could have threads about WW/OPP stuff that wasn't just bait as far as the eye can go

Scion is the one game I can understand them going full sjw with. Do you have any idea how politically sensative America is about foreign religions? They step one fucking toe out of line and they have thirteen different articles yelling about how evil they are

The idea is they change over time right? For Greece/Rome the jump between 'manly dudes can fuck weaker prettier dudes' to plain old 'dude fucking in general is alright' is about one step. The places a clash would happen is in pantheon's like the shen or kami

I'm curious, who's to say that isn't how things are now? I can't see any comment regarding the theoi in specific saying they're perfectly okay with modern lgtb stuff, most of it is about the Norse.

The biggest problem with Scion was way damage worked RAW. Your soak pool was a Flat value, subtracted from the ROLLED damage. Combine that with the way the epic atributes went out of control at Demigod + level and it gets BAD. Like Combat turns into a grind fest of 0 DMG over a titanspawns head for 20 god damn turns.

Additionally, RAW had no good way to boost firearm dmg with Epic atributes. Epic dex gives you bonus success to hit but those are still rolled dice. Now, if your oponent has epic dex themselvse, then you need THAT to be able to hit them. Epic str gives you Flat bonus success to your dmg, and effectivley cancels out an equivlent amount of epic toughness, or whatever the damn stat was called.

And the boons were worthless in combat. Out of combat they gave you some nice toolbox powers, but in combat the numbers where just way to low for the lvl you were looking at. Case in point, a Demigod of Thor COULD throw a 15 dice lightning bolt. Or he could just hit you with a bat and get 15 EXTRA DMG from his equivilant epic str. EXTRA dmg, mind you. Still rolling his base str+ bat + bonus success. That lightning bolt was ONLY 15 dice rolled + bonus success.

So yeah. It was a really cool concept, but more so than any other game ever the dice just weren't necessary. Once you hit demigod you needed only look at a stat line to know EXACTLY how a fight would play out.

Real shame.I had a Scion I loved dearly, Inspired a bit by Thunderstrike. Wore an outfit like Bloodaxe's and was in a Norse Power Metal band. And had a biker gang of Einhenjar. It became a running gag to parody those Snikers commercials when I had to get them all back up after a fight. Go the nearest convience store, grab a keg and all the snikers bars and yell FEAST! Even did the flying thing by throwing my hammer and just holding onto it.

Just make sure to get Best Scion if you're gonna make one.

You're forgetting one of the worst knacks back in 1e, untouchable opponent. It doubles the (already quite massive) bonus from epic Dex specifically to your dvs. There is no offensive counterpart to this at all. It simply means that even characters of equal level can't actually hit each other, combat turns into a standstill. I think there was like one boon you could use to get around this, some unavoidable mind control boon or something

>The New Rules aren't out yet and I am really not convinced that they are superior.
They kinda are. We got a full system preview in the last Kickstarter update

Look just assuming the way the Pantheons would change is boring. Especially because we operate from a modern point of view trying to include as many people as people.

In reality I think its a huge step from fucking boys is cool to gay marriage and shoehorning in gay acceptance is just lame and boring. Its not only SJW stuff. Slavery, sacrifices etc.

Your godly parents rely on you so you have some freedom. So they won't smite you for being gay or not taking slave but they also won't respect your petty modern morals.

The Aesir being "problematic" is disappointing tbqh. Ties neatly into the SJW accusation.

Well I plan to create a more fluid distinction between Gods and Titans. The whole war won't be Gods vs. Titans. Its going to be more multipolar.

Prometheus for example is still going to be a Titan but that doesn't mean he is Evil. He might actually be an ally against most other Titans while the Aztec pantheon is bitter as fuck and might actually tie in their lot with a bunch of Titans.

>care to specify

>1e: Gods return to the World full force and in your face.

>2e: Hey they have actually always been there and a bunch of people actually still worships them.

>1e: Mythological stuff returns in the World and was non-existent while the gods were gone and the Titans imprisoned.

>2e: In remote corners harpyies and centaurs have always existed.

To name the most obvious.

Oh really. I wasn't aware.

Are the rules good?

I'd say so. They do some mildly weird things like attributes only go to 3 instead of the normal five, and you chose one 'favored approach' that gives you +2 to all roles of that type (force, finesse, resistance) but other than that it's all around pretty decent. Basically separated into combat, investigation, and social, with crafting also being a part of the mental arena. Should give plenty for the different boons/knacks to plug into. Scaling looks like it'll work pretty okay, though if you want a more simulationist thing you won't be happy.

Really? Not him but I don't remember 1e saying really anything on the matter of whether the gods were around between the first Titan war and now. I mean it was kinda a symptom of 1e not exactly having a setting period, but the closest I remember it getting is detailing the forms the gods take on in modern day and some advice in the companion about playing scions in different time periods

Oh and by the way, this is going to be the same system for the trinity second edition. I still can't for the life of me find the old 1e aeon books anywhere, but both settings for aeon aberrent had lots of potential

I mucked around with Aberrant a bit, and while the setting was very cool, the mechanics clearly weren't suited for something like a supers game that should accommodate differing powerlevels. I hope this timethey get it better.

Yeah it had the weird mechanics problems every single early white wolf game had. Which was a problem because in aeon, psions we're supposed to be able to fight aberrents. Though the scalib mechanics we have already look like they might be alright. That and again, now we have more than just a combat system for psi powers and quantum powers to hook into, and the general benefits that come with OPP getting better at writing mechanics over time

Idea is interesting, mechanics are bad for 1e.

I'd just use the vague setting idea, fill in a few bits, then use a totally different system.

Haven't looked at 2e.

No, it's not.
I've played Scion a handful of times, and while it mostly works early on, by the time you hit legend 6, and get more than 4 epic attributes, the game breaks down incredibly, on top of not mentioning things that seem silly, like what does equipment, other than weapons and armor, offer to the pc.
As for 2e, as long as the mechanics are sound, I'll feel free to change the lore as I see fit. I do think some things, like the importance of the Loa, are very shoehorned in, the presentation of some pantheons like the Chinese Bureaucracy, Aztec and Hindu are bordering silly.
The "SJW" complaints mean fuckall to me in the long run, so long as the game works as intended and the presentation isn't pop stereotypes thru and thru.

Add to this, I wasn't particularly a fan of how 1e shat on Abrahamic faiths, or any religion that wasn't established as represented in the game, and all were a plot by a single titan.
That is just me, however, and doesn't reflect on much save my own tastes.

>importance of the Loa
The what now?

Case in point.

No no, I know who they are, mostly because I keep up with the previews, I don't get what you mean by 'importance'. They didn't seem to be treated any differently then any other pantheon

The Loa, hell, Voodoo as a whole, is a very small religion in the wider scheme of things. Why did it get featured in the game at all?
They needed an Afrocrentric pantheon, why not the Australian Aboriginal gods, or the many African pantheons?

Oooohhh. Well at least thats pretty easy to answer. Legacy. They were in 1e so they want all the 1e ones to return before moving on.
If it makes it any better they're going to add more in further books, so those guys probably will get write ups

I'm talking about 1e, user, not 2e.

Voodoo has a lot more cultural penetration than all the other thins you mentioned though.

Pop culture references do not make for a good introduction, tho.Hell, they mixed some hoodoo in the voodoo, and it triggers me.
Or they could have mixed all of the various Caribbean voodoo ideals together. Where is my Santeria?

1e can be better explained by simply 'the writers were shit and didn't really know what they were doing'. You're right it isn't really accurate but fuck it, its cool so we're putting it in.

>Pop culture references do not make for a good introduction, tho.Hell, they mixed some hoodoo in the voodoo, and it triggers me.
>Or they could have mixed all of the various Caribbean voodoo ideals together. Where is my Santeria?

I don't disagree with you, but honestly, when writing a hodgepodge of a setting, voodoo is one of the few that might be more or less recognized even by normies, and 1e cared a lot less about cultural appropriation (sorry for the expression).
Now there might be a chance to sell a bit better some other african pantheons, but voodoo is still one of the easiest to get.

I personally dislike that approach when it comes to real life shit someone actually considers important to their life.
At the very least, attempt to get it right, I'll respect the effort.
I know that, but it still bugs me. You have the entirety of the internet to learn how to do it right, or phone call to someone who knows the shit. It's straight laziness, and it's a quality I despise from devs.

>sorry for the expression
Don't apologize for using the correct phrase when it applies.
Is the tumblr boogieman so strong, it prevents proper english?

You realize you are talking about a company that has made insanely stupid sidebars and dramatics. Along with poor design decisions that can be traced all the way back to their forefather company white wolf correct?

If you didn't figure this out when Divis Mal was running around fucking with the setting. When Samuel Haight was fucking around with the setting. When they started turning Gamer gate into a conspiracy. When half the bullshit of exalted 3E and beast happened. Or just from reading half the devs god damn internet posts. Then my friend you may have a problem with pattern recognition.

You'll notice most of the old time players of white wolf games don't play them anymore these days. There is a reason for that.

>There is a reason for that.
Because they wanted the 90s aesthetic that was baked into OWoD, and that's long gone.

>cultural appropriation

I've never really cared too much about this phrase to be honest. Mostly because it always read to me as trying to put a moral guideline on cultural assimilation. Only without actually defining anything about what the hell they are talking about most of the time.

That and the new company has somehow gotten less competent. Most table top players I've talked to don't even know onyx path exists. Let alone that they make games.

>That and the new company has somehow gotten less competent.
Compared to WW?
Hardly. And no one knows of the company just like no one knows companies that put things out unless it's White Wolf, Wizards, Paizo or D&D.
Tell me, who publishes Shadowrun? Gurps?

I actually liked that attempt.

Monotheism as a power grab actually makes sense when the good(ish) guys are actually polytheistic gods. Especially if you consider the whole Echnaton shtick that happened IRL.

They weren't around. They left the World because fatebinding really started fucking with them.

They left as in they stopped involving directly yes, but they still /did/ things. Namely using avatar to show up on earth with much decreased legend so they don't get fucked. And that hasn't changed, like in 1e they didn't start showing up in full power at all if thats what you mean by 'full force and in your face' thats the whole point of making scions.

Scion is shit, Part Time Gods is superior. Get the Fate version.

Alright, I'll bite.
First things first we all agree beast is shit, everyone but like the fifty odd dedicated fans agree that beast is shit.
And yeah, like you point out, old WW had a problem with super special mary sue characters walking around, divis, caine, haight. But hey would you look at that, none of those have returned in any of their new editions.
What exactly is the problem you see with ex3?

Well dicking around as a Mortal isn't really returning. The gods spent some Time on earth and Sired some children.

They never really did mythical stuff or furthered their cult.

What i meant with Gods coming back Full force in your face is the return of myth. Sure Thor isn't using his Legend 12 form blasting Fire Giants in New York but giving his son the sword of Beowulf to kill Grendel who threatens Las Vegas has a different quality.

In my view the Gods sire some Children as a fail safe in case the Titans awake. And it might be fun to cosplay as a human for a while.

>Well dicking around as a Mortal isn't really returning.
..why do you think that? We have no indication that the merit thing that let them lower themselves down and walk around on earth is going away. Hell the fiction preview we have has a full on god meeting with their scion face to face. It should be just as much of a thing in 2e as it was in 1e as far as I can tell.
>They never really did mythical stuff or furthered their cult.
This I will admit is a change but again, I think its just more of a thing of 1e not really having a setting. They could in theory have had cults in 1e or they could not, it was never really mentioned since boy gotta save a whole third of each book for that giant fucking adventure thing.
>In my view the Gods sire some Children as a fail safe in case the Titans awake. And it might be fun to cosplay as a human for a while.
I mean other supernatural stuff still stuck around even after the titans left. There are things beyond just gods and titan spawn, like all the stuff mentioned in the various mythologies. The gods still had stuff they needed to do, on top of all that ruling/guiding humanity thing

Whoops, ignore that first part, I misread some of those words, thought you were saying they wouldn't be doing that anymore

Don't forget to mention that most knacks and boons don't work on enemies of higher legend.

>I think there was like one boon you could use to get around this, some unavoidable mind control boon or something
There was an Appearance boon that set the victim's DVs to 0.

Not him, but...
>Tell me, who publishes Shadowrun?
Catalyst Game Labs.
>Gurps?
Steve Jackson Games.

I'd go so far as to say that they can't actually change the setting, because 1e didn't *have* a fucking setting.
It had a shitty intro story that went on too long, a lot of notes that were apparently transcribed form a napkin, and a huge unfun adventure tailor-made for six pregenerated characters that took up space that could have been used to actually WRITE A GAME.

Hi there.
Played old White Wolf games for many, many years. Aberrant, Vampire, Mage, Werewolf...all the hits, and more.
But here's the crazy thing.
Caine never showed up.
Divis Mal never popped in in the middle of a session to take a shit on us.
Sam Haight never kicked the shit out of the players.
Sasha Vykos never walked in and stole the spotlight.
In fact, I've actually read a lot of these games. And you know what? In none of those games to they recommend having that happen.
Oh, don't get me wrong, there are *adventures* where stuff like that happens. But guess what? You see that in adventures from other games, especially in the time period we're talking about. (Monte Fucking Cook, I like to remind everyone, became famous by writing an adventure where, in order to win, you had to acknowledge that the unbeatable living macguffin of the setting can never be harmed.) But outside of shitty adventures? No, it never happened.
Now, bear with me, but...it's almost like...those complaints are a bullshit strawman argument that are a substitute for actually demanding that your GM not be terrible at running games.
Oh, and Exalted 3e was a ridiculous amount of years overdue (especially because they claimed it was almost finished during the kickstarter), was made by at least one person who doesn't actually play rpgs, has an art design that looks like they sent a press gang to grab every high school senior they could find off of Deviantart, and the devs spent a great deal of time shitting on their audience. Since you were asking.

No problem. My Wording was retarded.

>you needed only look at a stat line to know EXACTLY how a fight would play out.
I had this exact thing happen to me in a game of Scion that hit end demigod.
We had been dealing with giants all game, and 4 of us (Scion of Samedi, Thor, Odin and some hombrew shit) finally found the leadership.
It was 2 fire giants and 2 elder giants, all legend 7, like us. What was different was that only 2 of the pc group were combat specced. My scion of Samedi was a social maven with a lot of boons for support, and the scion of Odin was macguyver.
So the combat heads pop the can open after I fail to talk them into surrendering, and it's bad. It's far and away the toughest fight any of us have seen in the game, and my attempts to deal any kind of injury were laughed off.
What I did have?
Serpent's Gaze. I caught an elder giant, and literally held her in place while I called up all 30 of the zombies I had to dogpile her.
Meanwhile, the 2 fire giants ate it, and teaming up, we knocked out the last elder giant.
And that is how we won a battle the gm expected us to run from or die, and captured 2 legend 7 giants.

>Caine never showed up.
Didn't stop some clans from being functionally inferior to other clans by rote alone.
Old WW was rife with shittons of mechanical problems that got in the way of a better game. Yes, the ST could kludge on thru, but you should be forcing the ST to work around the system, the system should be helping the ST.
Your bleating about "Hurr GM" is the same excuse 3.5 cucks use when the massive ground floor up problems with the game are on display.

Imho the developers intended the System to work like that in a way. Its no excuse for the fucked up design but the designers inteded pulling shit like that.

Using special powers or enemy vulnerabilities to best superior foes. Like it happens in a ton of legends.

>You see that in adventures from other games, especially in the time period we're talking about
No, no not really. Outside of one or two exceptions WW is the only developer that comes to.mind who spent so much word count jerking off about their cool ocs. And here's the thing you don't realize, and a lot of people who have the 'just ignore it's argument to all the bad metaplot/characters across the game lines. The more you write about something the more readers start to care. The more word count you devoted to divis and what a cool badass he is the more players are going to /want/ to have him in their games, or read even more about him, and warp the setting around him even more. What's more there's a point where ignoring metaplot becomes impracticle, such as when the devs write an entire new corebook to account for setting changes, wholesale removing clans because of it, or when fucking Hunter and demon origins are tied to that week of nightmares bs.
Besides you seem to be kinda missing the point. You complained about new WW/OPP and brought up those characters, when those characters don't happen at all anymore. That's still a marked improvement isn't it?

Do you have the death sentence on 12 boards?

The worst part is that it's not houserules that kill it. It's that they had THIRTEEN writers and one editor, and they put out three 300+ page books in two years.

It's really obvious where the edges are between what one guy wrote and what he thought Fate was in the fiction and how Legend worked mechanically, and someone with a different idea of Fate and a different draft of the Legend rules.

Hell, the Aztec pantheon ended up controlling the cosmos because no one else got the same treatment in the pantheon blurb that they did.

The Scion kickstarter did well, and that was after the Exalted one. OPP inheirited the braindead WW fanbase, who will throw good money after bad.

user, Serpent's Gaze is one of a kind in that it can disable an opponent in means outside of direct combat, and is noted as one of the most busted knacks in the game.
You say that, but show me another knack or boon that can defeat an opponent on your level without direct combat.

With you on that

The Akhenaten thing was shit, easily the worst Titan. They did a decent thing in Companion (iirc) with that secret abrahamic cult that was working to co-opt the myths into their framework as devils and angels under God, knowing that changing the stories would change the beings. Made more sense and worked will with Fate and the other established rules of the setting.

Yeah, user is a retard. Saying no one knows publishers is like saying no one who follows sports knows the coaches.

Serpent's Gaze, iirc.

Ehh. I like the Aten shtick. Solipsism was a nice touch for the Sun.

In my headcanon the whole Monotheism thing was developed by this secret order. Aten is using the Monotheistic imagery to manipulate humans while trying to stay away a but to avoid fatebinding. This works for a while but he is quickly sliding down the road to godhood. Christians, Muslims and Jews start pronouncing the Light aspect very strong while Aten becomes more Humans.

This leaves us with a pissed of God thats Fatebound to oblivion and with a Greater Titan without an Avatar.

*trying to stay away a bit to avoid fatebinding

*while Aten becomes more humanoid

It's pretty sad when I feel like a fapbait mobage from japan is going to treat myth better than Onyx Path

I think that the solipism is interesting, but I really don't like it as a Titan. The whole point of Titans is that they are so huge, so vast in the scope of what they cover, that they are broken down into many separate lesser Titans, each of which is more powerful than the gods and whose destruction would cause the fundamental laws of the universe to change.

For something as important as Light and the Sun to have a single avatar is dumb.

Thats why he is going to become a sun god in my world. He is acting to much like a god to be a Titan Avatar.

That doesn't really address the central problem that the Greater Titan of Light should have multiple avatars in the first place.

Who knows. I mean that itself likely sprang from the general miscommunication and mediocre writing of 1e, he might get more now, it might get clarified why he only has one, or the nature of the titans might change so that only having one makes sense

I'm going to smooch every single hot mythological figure and there is nothing you can do to stop me