Obscure RPGs

What is the most obscure, weird, unheard of RPG you have ever played or seen?

Alternatively, what's the most obscure setting, dungeon, race, magic style, etc. you've ever experienced?

Other urls found in this thread:

zurncentral.com).
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Don't Rest Your Head is rarely talked about and really really cool.

Played: It Came from the Late, Late Show. Gaming in bad movies. Great fun, hit points are based on a combination of health and fame, because famous actors do get red shirt roles. You also get a Stunt Double. He has the same HP as you, but you have to remember to call him in before the GM assigns damage.

Seen: Wizards rpg. Based on Ralph Bakshi's movie Wizards.

Warrior poet has got to be the weirdest one. The resolution mechanic is haiku. Incredibly pretentious game, but it's great if you can get into the spirit of things and embrace the pretentious artsiness.

I own copies of SenZar, Synnibarr, and Secret of Zir'An, do any of those count?

I've no idea...
I've never heard of any any of those
So ya probably.

Pdfs to post?

Is Synnibarr as unplayable and fucked up as I've heard.

I've not heard of the other two.

Probably ORK! The Roleplaying Game. I've GM'd a the starter adventure in the book as a one-shot but other than that it has been collecting dust on my RPG shelf for about 10 years

Even got a bunch of original character sheets to go with it when i bought it at a local 2nd-hand/charity shop

This is it for me. A neat little indie beer and pretzels martial arts RPG I only found from a link in an RPG.net review, with the game not listed anywhere on the site it's hosted on.

Should probably have said I was limiting myself to physical copies, there are a ton of weird PDFs about.

I'm at work, so I can't. The Zir'An books are available as OEF, and they're about on the net. Only the Synnibarr core has been scanned (badly). I made a SenZar Mega trove, should be able to find that on the 4plebs archive.

I've never been able to run a game of it, but there are four different chargen methods, all varying degrees of clusterfuck, so it's probably bad in play. The supplement's not as bad, due to being 95% fluff.

In terms of physical books it'd be this fucker. Obviously a labour of love, a game about a world where one family made themselves immortal, ended the world and then remade it anew in their own image, before being betrayed by one of their own, leading to this bizarre post apocalyptic science fantasy world where the immortal caretakers uplifted by the ruling family are the only thing that can stop the big bad from taking over everything.

The system is fucking weird, rolling pools of d6's, d10s or d20s, with the larger dice being rolled in smaller numbers, giving you less consistent results but the possibility of higher ones.

Having read it, it's not a good game, but it's a fascinating one. The fluff is weird and kinda cool, the rules are fucking bizarre but interesting in just how weird they are, and the game has a lot of cool ideas. But it's clunky as fuck, and I've never really felt the need to play it. Still, I'm glad I own it.

I've lurked on this board enough that I've heard of every game in the thread except for your first and third.

>Seen: Wizards rpg. Based on Ralph Bakshi's movie Wizards.
You actually saw a copy of it in real life? Man, that thing is practically a myth.

When I was a kid, there was this thing called The Ancestral Trail. It was a magazine with a pretty basic fantasy story about this kid who ended up in a world with many races and a dark lord, but it had gorgeous illustrations. It was published serially in the early 90es.
Anyway, at some point the Italian editor commissioned a role-playing game to a couple of folks in the boardgaming business, to capitalize on the heyday of D&D in those years.
The result is a weird but strangely likeable game, with a lot of classic D&D-isms but also some creative solutions for the time (spells as skills, a good/evil score that could change). It had a vry limited bestiary and an even more limited repertoire of items and spells, as those were only what was found in the serial novel.
I own a copy and tried running a couple of games, but I mostly keep it as a curio.

i dunno how obscure it was being published by steve jackson, and this is my first ever poast to this board so please have mercy, but i had this really cool one called in nomine back inthe day about angels and demons. if i had friends i'd get a copy off ebay or something.

oh yeah, we tried to play hol a few times, but that's probably not all that obscure either. these were for us growing up in bfe nevada, though.

I would put money on no one here having played Warriors of Zurn (zurncentral.com).

Tried playing this as mortal characters but we gave up after the first session because we kept failing all our rolls.

This game was not designed to let mortals have any fun.

No idea how obscure Kult really is, but it's the first time a horror rpg is legitimate creepy. To be fair all players gone with zero knowledge into it and our GM is most of the time just a wizard.

Patrician.

I've never heard of aeon ever discussed save when I brought it up myself. Moreover I can't find copies of the books online anywhere I look.

Freebase
>Saving the game
>If you have been playing well, go to the nearest payphone and dial "0." Tell the Operator that you would like to Save the game. This will allow you to return to that point of the game if you are prematurely ejected.