If your races don't have as much complexity as the vampires from VTM they shouldn't exist

If your races don't have as much complexity as the vampires from VTM they shouldn't exist.

Are you seriously using anything from world of darkness as an example of good world building

>much complexity as the vampires from VTM
You mean three quarters of a page to one and a quarter page of fluff and a quarter of a page of misc. or statistical info?

Why would you reply to a bait thread if you didn't want to encourage OP

non euclidean is just geometry without straight lines in a cartesian coordinate system

A fucking sphere is non euclidean you're surrounded by non euclidean geometry every day there's probably some noneuclidean object sitting on your desk RIGHT NOW

You mean 13+ clans each with a page of backstory not counting the errant bloodlines. And the fact that each major bloodline has named vampires and their deeds. And the fact that they have a complex history and multiple different theories?

Then yes

Comparing something one person created to something a company has been working for longer than they've had the idea is not advisable.

I wouldn't call the intellectual diarrhea that is most of World of Darkness to be complex.

Let's look at this shall we.
>1) vampire society has multiple family and group boundaries. The groups are neither evil or good, but different
>2) if a vampire doesn't like any of the groups they can just flip off everyone and leave
>3) family or group standings are extremely important or not at all.
>4) vampires are very much individuals
>5) possess history books but the origins of them are still up to debate.

It's almost if they have an actual society.

It's a meme term like 'entropy' popularized again by Bloodborne babies

This. It just refers to a curved co-ordinate system, which is all of them realistically, because we live on a sphere, and everything is bent by gravity anyways.

it does not mean space testicles.

THE QUADS HAVE SPAKE AND THUS IT SHALL BE.

>lecturing about complexity
>while posting the blandest, shittiest MtG villains

Something tells me I shouldn't take you seriously.

>vampires
>villains

I mean some of them.

>villains
>what are the salubri
>what are the gargoyles?
>what are the blood brothers?
>what are all the neutral factions?

arguably very little vampires are evil.

Damn that's what it means?
That what is it called when shit just doesn't add up? Like 1+1 =2 but 2-1 = something else?
I always thought non-euclidean was something like you walk down a hallway then turn around and walk back down that same hallway and end up somewhere else.

Is this guy fucking serious

Meme term as in it's been appropriated by a bunch of retards to mean something completely different from its actual meaning

Languages change all the time though use. It isn't objectively wrong to use a word in a different way, give it a few years and the dictionary will have both the mathematic and lovecraftian definitions.

No need to get upset.

It's literally a meme though, in both the Dawkins and internet definition
And still retarded
No need to be so defensive

>we live on a sphere

"Language evolves!" said the illiterate. Know what happens when evolution fucks up? It dies.

Joke's on you, my setting only has humans.

Eldrazi ruined Zendikar 2 and Innistrad 2. And they're as complex as potatoes. GTFO with that shit mang

You literally cannot stop it. The number of people who use it in a lovecraft way outnumber the people who use it in the mathematical way.

Again, in a few years it will able to be used for both.

you fucking cucks, he said mtg villains, he is talkign about eldrazi

People don't use it in the Lovecraftian way though, they just hear the word and think it's a fancy way of saying "mysterious, mind boggling eldritch magic n shieet"

>Is this guy fucking serious
I told a guy about Mad Max and he said, "Oh, like Fallout!"

Yes and?

Language is shaped by the hive mind, so it now is acceptable to use it in that way.

>"Language evolves!" said the illiterate. Know what happens when evolution fucks up? It dies.
Why do people who don't know anything about a topic (like you) feel the need to comment

>People don't use it in the Lovecraftian way though
Someone used it that way in this very thread

>acceptable
Sure , you're free to say whatever you want and other people are free to judge you based on it

>Someone used it that way in this very thread
Wow, very cool

>"mysterious, mind boggling eldritch magic n shieet"
Literally trashcraftian.

(F)art vampire, crazy vampire, fighty vampire, wild vampire, ugly vampire, stupid gypsy vampire, rich asshole vampire, shadow asshole vampire, assassin vampire, asshole snake vampire, I play with meaty playdough vampire, Other rich asshole vampire that's part of the mob, Yeah..... That's a REAL bar for complexity there.

No it is not. You and your shitfaced commune are not the hive mind nor even the majority.

All the people shitting on VtM clans are missing the point, which is that your races should be at least that fleshed out. Few actually are.

spheroid

>(((oblate sphereoid)))

OBLATE SPHEREOID

Well that is part of it. Simple example: a straight line on a sphere's equator will actually loop back on itself while a straight line on a flat surface will not.

Yeah, while we're at it:
Eldritch: weird
Gibbous: between a half and full moon
Squamous: scaly
Rugose: wrinkly
Batrachian: froggish

>If your races don't have as much complexity as the vampires from VTM they shouldn't exist.
So are you saying Eldrazi are or are not complex? And then based on your answer explain your picture.

honestly now, i should have said pic related

unrelated*

You forgot cyclopean: ancient masonry made with massive irregular blocks

Eldritch cyclopean palace under pale light of a gibbous moon = weird-looking house built up from irregular sized stones, at night.

>makes post about VTM
>Posts Eldrazi

i peeked through my vtm folder, couldn't find a good enough picture to start a thread with.

VTM vampires are the edgiest snowflakes imaginable. Got several almost interchangeable scheming evil politician clans, college anarchists, raving madmen and eeevil mad scientists. If you include the paths, about 90% are just that guy sociopaths that wouldn't work in any game that isn't a power fantasy for repressed emo children.

you realize that that's the tone of the game? vampire gothic punk.

that's like getting mad at 40k for having stupid metal cover artwork.

plus they are actual vampires that are actually a threat. those are the best vampires.

Um, no.

In non-euclidean geometry, parallel lines can meet, right angles are not necessarily 90 degrees (because curved coordinates alter angles degrees as they expand/contract) and perpendicular lines can meet and may have non-right angles.

Yeah my dude, let me roll up a guy who holds torturing and killing anyone they meet as their raison d'ĂȘtre. I'm sure that will result in an interesting story!

i wouldn't that's boring.

but you could do that, but your humanity will suffer.

Reminder that VtM vampires are literal hollow shells filled to the brim with blood in which the heart floats, like some kind blood balloon.

Is that complexity? Being a fucking menstrual Stretch-Armstrong doll?

they don't have internal organs?

thats not what i remember. I remember that they slowly replace their bodily fluids with blood, but i'm fairly sure they at least have bones.

>"Language evolves!" said the illiterate. Know what happens when evolution fucks up? It dies.

The increasingly nervous and irate English professor mumbled to himself, taking a swig from his flask. He needed the drink to block out the screams. The screams of all the other languages English had held down, beaten, and raped while laughing maniacally in order to produce it's foul and distorted lineage. No one could ever know the truth, and the longer and louder he shrieked about the "rules" of English, the further from truth everyone would be. If only he could blot out those screams.

At this moment, a brave, patriotic, pro-life Navy SEAL champion who had served 1500 tours of duty and understood the necessity of war and fully supported all military decision made by the United States stood up and walked towards the podium.
In his hands, he held the 1st edition of Macbeth. "How old is this play, pinhead?"

And they're correct. You do realise that language is just a series of arbitrary sounds with no direct correlation to what they represent, right? There's no hard and fast objective rule that says non-euclidean can't mean that. If people say it to convey that meaning, and other people understand that meaning, then that's what it means.
This is how language works.

>Dragonborn
Originally created as golems for service by the Draconic gods, they were given sapience and gender by Tiamat to vex her brother Bahamut/ After this prank resulted in the death of The Mother of Monsters and the draconic gods leaving the mortal world, many Dragonborn went into secluded communities to contemplate their existence and the circumstance surrounding them becoming sapient and what it meant for their race. For three thousand years, Dragonborn remained largely secluded from the rest of the world, often being considered monstrous creatures by the "more civilized" races until the invasion of the Dark Mechanicus when they joined the allied coalition after a group of adventurers rescued the survivor of a delegation sent in hopes of negotiating with the Dark Mechanicus (The Survivor had been descaled over half of their body). While Dragonborn have become more common outside of their cities in the three hundred years since the invasion, many Dragonborn remain in their secluded cities to seek contemplation on life and other matters.

Tiefling: Tieflings mostly are descended from the Aasimar that served the goddess of the sun and order, Jubileus. Jubileus was a petty goddess and demanded worship and tribute less with the threat of witholding the warmth and light of the sun from those who didn't meet her demands. A group of Aasimar took pity on the mortals who weren't in their Goddess' grace and brought the art of creating fire to the mortal world. This angered Jubileus and she stripped the Aasimar who defied her of their angelic features and banished them to the dark lands as Tieflings. Through the thousands of years, their origins have been forgotten by the majority of people with only a few Tieflings in each generation being chosen by their elders to preserve the knowledge of Jubileus out of the fear their old master might one day be resurrected. They have been shunned from polite society as demon and devil spawn.

ITT: Triggered "worldbuilders" who are content to slap an IRL culture on short, tall, or point eared humans before calling it a day

>LaughingVampires.jpg

Don't bother, user.
There are two schools of thought -
1)DnD was all that was necessary, and therefore all discussion must be about forcing people to play the correct edition, whatever it must be
2)Everyone should suck Ron Edwards's cock and 'tell a story'.
Neither of these has much room to admit that the World of Darkness games were actually fun, and had a place in the history of rpgs.
And no other opinion on rpgs is allowed.

Out of interest, what is the 'meme meaning' of entropy?

I ask because the term has had multiple applications since its creation.

That's a good excuse for being stupid

It changed though. Now there is actualy organisation dedicated to regulate languages.
You can't speak like a nigger and claim it's right just because you want to be right