Are there any systems out there good for running a modern military campaign similar to pic related...

Are there any systems out there good for running a modern military campaign similar to pic related? Where you're attacking people across big distances (like 500m away) and combats are less "You hit the bad guy and he loses 10 HP" but more laying down suppressing fire, firing in the general direction of a group of people rather than individuals, stuff like that.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0Dg3Us9ld2g
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

GURPS has most of that in it's High Tech supplements. There are some other modern systems that do it to but fuck it let's just get GURPS out of the way.

>"If Saddam spent more on the pussy infrastructure of Iraq instead of his gay-as army, this country would be no more fucked up then say... Mexico."

If anyone hasn't seen Generation Kill, go do so at your earliest possible convenience.

Warscribe Beaver Hunt was DMPC done right.

Why would you want to? It would be pretty railroady by virtue of being a military

It was boring and dry as fuck.

Military is boring. We get it. Pooping is funny. We get it.

Fuck off yankee.

None I can think of, and it's depressing. Not even wargames portray war realistically most of the time. Even WWII games don't portray that most of war is fire and maneuver with people you can barely see.

God would a GenKill game be fantastic.
>See, Trombley asked about shooting people. I asked about pussy. The guy told me I'd get to go to Thailand, get all kinds of strange. What'd you ask about, Brad? Brad probably saw that T.V. commercial, the one with the knight that fucks up the dragon then turns into the Marine.
>Fucking dress blues commercial man. That got so many fucking guys. Now look at us: Trombley hasn't killed anybody, I'm half a world away from good Thai pussy, and Colbert is out here rolling around fuckbutt Iraq, hunting for dragons in a MOPP suit that smells like four days of piss and ball sweat.

Welp you have 0 sense of humour, between your fat rolls and your ridiculous sense of entitlement where exactly did your will to recognize funny crumble?

What if you played a pmc?

Would be epic, some vet out of cash who goes back for a payday, turns into a clusterfuck of iraqi incompetence and waywardness of the area commander who is too green to realize that they are being surrounded by insurgents.

>See, Trombley asked about shooting people. I asked about pussy. The guy told me I'd get to go to Thailand, get all kinds of strange. What'd you ask about, Brad? Brad probably saw that T.V. commercial, the one with the knight that fucks up the dragon then turns into the Marine.
>Fucking dress blues commercial man. That got so many fucking guys. Now look at us: Trombley hasn't killed anybody, I'm half a world away from good Thai pussy, and Colbert is out here rolling around fuckbutt Iraq, hunting for dragons in a MOPP suit that smells like four days of piss and ball sweat.

Wait a second, aren't you quoting the comic from Year Zero?

>tfw I'm in better shape than 100% of the people on this board and 99% of the people in that show.
lmao

Also;
>Watching people drive cars and be faggots.
Not surprised you're entertained by trash.

Wow, that's actually a good point. An impartial observer that still had a character and some fun moments.

>intelligent, nihilistic and with a wicked sense of humor

the fuck do you watch

Ah, I see. An excellent baiter. A master of the combat jack, you could say.

>Raspy godfather delivers his raspy lines.
>Americans cream themselves.
It was a very homoerotic show.

>Driving in the desert: The Show: The Musical.
Not that, that's for fucking sure.

Ignore the cringey vid, but
youtube.com/watch?v=0Dg3Us9ld2g

Why? Most people don't know shit about the military or war to build off of a realistic base, it'd be better to run something silly and inaccurate for your players unless you actually can get a group of combat arms together.

I'm curious as to how you think contractors usually function.

You kind of seem like the kind of fatbody that can't crank out 120+ pushups and run a sub-5:30 mile, honestly.

>tfw I'm in better shape than 100% of the people on this board and 99% of the people in that show.
is that what you call barely surviving a triple bypass you useless fat cunt? I hope the next lipo you get so they can clean behind your gooch goes awry and you die leaking the fat you could never loose.

>shit can't let anyone know anything I like, they might turn the tables on me.
Insecure faggot.

That dude had Throat cancer, its called character and flavour, they cant all sound like annoying whingers like your fat face when they speak.

I can do 6000 sit ups in 2 hours and 1000 pushups in under 1 buddy.

Lifelong martial artist.

>Seething projection.
Burger please.

>fapping to le gravely voice man.

>1000 pushups in under 1 buddy
what you do under a buddy of yours is none of my concern

>Ah yes hyper realistic military jargon!

Jealousy is ugly.

Off we go into the wild blue yonder.

>Burger please.
Sure thing mate, just that I am a kiwi you sissy fag.

Dont need to know about how you idolize your pedo dad mate.

Being a homo is uglier.

Phoenix Commando

Have you considered an actual wargame campaign? Especially something a little goofy like AK 47 Republic?

>will never play in a Rhodesia setting
Why even live

>German detected.

>le epic gurps meme

If you're familiar with PBTA check out The Regiment.

(there is also a ww2 themed one, but it's almost aesthetics; this was the lastes version)

I think it actually does squad level suppressing fire and manuevering... well, not realistically, but gives you the idea.

Unironically GURPS. The designers really fetishize modern military engagements and realism in general.

Check out patrol and its expansion patrol the trench raiders. Its a good gritty game about vietnam (and ww1 with the expansion) hitting right the spot you want. You have to manage supplies and weight while trying not to step on boobytraps ir dying from... well everything nam has to offer. It focuses a lot on the "boring" parts of soldiering and does it with sone pretty good mechanics. A third supplement about mercs in afrca in the 80's is soon published and it can be hacked for nearly every war since ww1

way to miss the point

But what about the military's tax policy?

>mfw that guy auditioned to play himself but wasn't immature enough anymore, so they cast Ziggy instead

You sound fun

As someone currently running modern game in GURPS where the PCs are all former soldiers, I'd say GURPS is best at running a "realistic action movie" style of game rather than "realistic military action," which is kinda in keeping with their motto of "heroic realism."

Basically, if you're looking for a game that replicates stuff like Black Hawk Down, Band of Brothers, 33 Hours or even TV shows like 24, Burn Notice (early seasons, before it went off the rails) or anything else that goes the extra mile with attempts at realism but is still very clearly a work of fiction, then yes, GURPS is right up your alley.

On the other hand, if you want hardcore, as close to real life as possible military simulation, GURPS is probably not going to cut it.

They really did an awesome job of capturing how military guys talk

>intelligent, nihilistic and with a wicked sense of humor

Kinda like Rick & Morty

Never played but read good reviews about 3.16
It's set in a futuristic setting but battles seem to be fun and you can do shenanigans with the chain of command like in your OP pic.

Considering that Fruity Rudy was playing himself, and a shitload of the other real-life Marines portrayed were hanging around the set consulting on the whole thing? It probably would've taken the writers more effort to fuck it up than get it right.

this. on top of all the characters being as annoying as possible except ice man

>I can do 6000 sit ups in 2 hours and 1000 pushups in under 1 buddy.
>Lifelong martial artist.
Didn't your master teach you how to be humble and not brag to strangers about your prowess?

Because that's usually the first thing they teach.

This must be the fabled "woman" thing people speak about 'round campfires

Spend $80k Javelins to fuck some goatfucker and ask congress for more.

Only War

maybe he's just bad with keyboards and accidentally pressed zero couple of times

Yeah, in the GM biz we call those "NPCs."

Considering that a grunt is worth more in terms of housing, feeding, transporting, and paying - it is worth.

>no one's mentioned Twilight 2000
Jesus, the game was made for this sorf of campaign. OP, check out Twilight 2000. It's an older RPG, but if you want something more modern they made an updated edition called Twilight 2013 too.