Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Home is where the heart is.
Where does your character call home? Does he miss the place or is he glad he's gone?

/pfg/ Link Repository: pastebin.com/fr9piFCi
Current Playtests: pastebin.com/vK9njh31

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/PgCsG0pe
pastebin.com/CHiUT9uj
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Unchained Swashbuckler when?

what are some fun character concepts that require two people to work? Like ratfolk using the ratstack feat, a witch and witchguard, a centaur and rider, etc.

what about hte legendary swashbuckler?

Those are really hard ones since most of the "you need another person" classes, races and archetypes are rather restrictive if they require two people for it to work. Two inquisitors for one could dance back and forth with Swap Places, Cooperative Reposition and that one feat (or was it a cavalier class feature?) that makes it so that as long as an ally moves around in your threatened area they don't provoke AoO's.

Written by Augunas, and I've already looked at it, it's not really that good.

Thematically? I worked around with a silly "ALL THE ELEMENTS" twin kineticists that each picked a different element whenever they got their expanded element, meaning they had the vast majority of composite blasts in 1pp available to them via that Composite Blast teamwork eat.

name yourselves King and Rook

Two blaster wizards who use Elemental Commixture all the time?

One of my players made a homebrew fey race. He set up his character as owner of a tavern (deep in debt, hence his need to adventure), with said tavern built on a ley line. Now, as my current arc wraps up, I've begun to introduce a "corruption" that is seeping along the ley lines. I want to have this manifest as powerful fey creatures that once guarded sites at the intersection of these lines, being corrupted by the negative energy. But the thing is, I can't find any templates that quite fit that. Would the corrupted template from 3.5 book of vile darkness work? Any ideas for how I should handle this? Should I use heroes of horror corruption rules? Is there something simialr in the Horror Adventures guide? Any ideas for how to make this cool, would be great.

So I'm shamelessly trying to insert elements of Dark Souls into my PF game, and my current project is throwing in weapon arts as a way to give extra functionality to weapons and especially magic weapons. What are some ideas for accomplishing this?

Weapon arts are literally just Path of War manuvers but bound to the weapon.

Look at the SoM Armiger class, and do something similar to that. Weapons with built-in Spheres and abilities

>Tfw they didn't include that as a special weapon enhancement later on that stacked with the Armiger's custom weapons

>Captcha
>Walk Fast

My character's home was ransacked, the servants killed, and his father killed or kidnapped while the character was away. He very much misses his home, but staying there was no longer an option. His primary goal is now to continue his father's work, though if he can get back at the people responsible for the mess in the first place along the way, he certainly wouldn't mind.

I need help picking a second-level spell. Shatter, Stone Call, or Web?

I lean towards Shatter because I already have a lot of area control stuff, but I also might not need a spell to smash stuff because I have martials to do that for me. Also Web's environmental requires (at least two opposed points for the web to anchor on) seems obnoxious.

She calls her old merc group home. She does miss it. For a long time, it felt like a part of her was gone. Now it's a dull ache. Hard to deal with sometimes. They Wept.

What was his father's work?

Shatter is a great choice to aid martials actually, since you can destroy their weapons and armors without subjecting yourself to an AoO and also has a truckload of OoC uses

Can somebody walk me through this and tell me how I'm wrong?

>Looking at SoM
>No sphere for classic two-handed fighting
>Spheres seem to grant minor (and generally bad) abilities, not new actions you can take
>No major ability to inflict debuffs
>No new and unique ways to inflict damage

Am I missing something? Or are these spheres as uninspired and missing content as they seem to be?

Nope. All his old home represents is memories better left forgotten, stagnant city air and his day job which he grew bored of once the taste for adventure was acquired. The only thing he even likes in that home is his immediate family, which he can just have his pet wizard teleport with them.

Wizardry, in a generic sense, but more specifically he was researching Divination magic and learning things through it that some people didn't want anyone knowing. So it made some enemies out of the same people who he use to work with, a wizard guild you might describe it as although the term "cabal" might be a better fit.

That's a good point. I'd mostly been thinking about using it on doors and other things, but using it on a weapon is far from a waste. Thanks! It'll fall off in effectiveness when enemies start having magic weapons but it's still good otherwise.

Non magical objects only, remember that

Speaking of Shatter, anyone here played DCSS? What PF spell would be the closest thing to that game's version of it?

I do. Been ages since I played. I'd guess Clashing Rocks refluffed?

Hmmm, a 60x25 feet radius where everything is attacked or sundered with a ridicolous strenght bonus...
Yeah, that could work. Shame that you can't center it on yourself, but then it would be useless for any situation where you're not alone

What gear do your town/city guards carry?

>Chime of opening for raids and warrants

>Handcuffs leathal and nonlethal weapons, possibly ranged weapon

>signal horn or bell

Badge. Standard issue mustache. Batons. Cuffs. Spray for blinding opponents temporarily. Signal horns. Various weapons for different situations.

What's the best route for doing the classic Rapier+Dagger swordsman using SoP? Guild Assassin Slayer elf using elven thornblade and leafblade, Dual-wielding sphere and Fencing sphere to proc sneak attacks?

I wrote a thing, cuz I was bored. Probably not what you were looking for, but you inspired it so...
pastebin.com/PgCsG0pe

i like to take crops out of context and make silly jokes with them

How should I go about modeling diplomacy between nations, without just abstracting it to diplomacy checks made by whatever diplomats they send to make agreements?

>Town Guard
Shortsword, Chain Shirt, Sling for non-lethal ranged, oil lantern. Typically level 3-5 Fighter.

>City Guard
Longsword, Breast Plate, Heavy Crossbow, Master Keys, healing potions for when things get violent. Typically level 6-8 Fighter, with some Rangers for the rooftop guards.

>Night Watch
Either Greatswords or Warhammers, Chain Mail, Hand Crossbow, Holy Symbol of God of Justice (badge), magical light, sending stones. Levels between 5-10, depending on rank/severity of crime, all at least three levels of Paladin.
Pratchett wrote good books, it'd be a shame not to use his ideas.

What's the furriest character that ever made it into a /pfg/ game?

Rory and Cashmere.

>city guard
>level 6-8

O-Okay.

It's setting consistent with the beastiaries

The reason I split Town Guard and City Guard is because the first is the Neighborhood Watch and the second is Military Police.
Yes, they're higher level, because those are the guys guarding the Capital City from invasion and riots, while the Town Watch has the job of keeping the town drunk from punching somebody in their town of 50.
The Night Watch is the actual investigative force of the guard, and mostly looks intimidating to stop people from planning anything too major.
But that's just >my setting

>B-but MY PC has the biggest dick in the world! How can someone be more powerful than me? Hax! REEEEEEEEEEEEE

Reminder: You will never be as happy and hopeful as you were during RotJR app process
pastebin.com/CHiUT9uj

>happy and hopeful
Heh, yeah, sure I was.

It's a good way to differentiate them, even if i think they should swap fighter levels for warrior levels
>tfw pratchett died on my birthday so now i can't read his books nor have a party without feeling sad

Kill yourself Adam

Was it really a year ago?

Hard to imagine that the people playing the game are still level 4, isn't it?

nice fabrication my man

What fabrication? As far as I know they only leveled up once at the end of RL book 1 and they haven't made it through book 1 of JR.

Tell me about Onryou's boobs, why are they so large?

she thicc

Lotta loyalty for a virgin desperate to cum!

Or maybe he is wondering why you would recruit a man before asking him to ERP.

She thicc but get no dicc, why? Someone gotta tap that.

Nobody cared who Onryou was until she put on the leotard.

If I pull that off will she cry?

It would be extremely arousing

Nice dubs
It would be extremely sexy...

She's a Big Girl.

She's a big girl.

But not for you. Never for you.

Well congratulations Sweagle, you got yourself in on the game! What's the next step of your master plan?

>tfw Rory ruined awoos

Crushing Aranha's hips...with no survivors!

So what's the status on the rest of the party, anyway?

I don't know shit about RotJR's events, I was making a shot in the dark based on jokes I'd heard thrown around.

I really love the mythos and synergy behind the wild hunt. But it is arguably more deadly than the Tsrrasque, with a CR 19 monarch, the monarch's flunkies and an option to summon more flunkies equal to an additional CR18. Most of the creatures ignore invisibility and concealment, ect ect.

Has anyone tried to dial the wild hunt down to a survivable level for a mid range or low level party? maybe the fey lords decided to take the form of goblins as a Jest and limit their powers accordingly.

Confession: I was the one who suggested Casimir and Valeriya as a possible ship. Now that I have seen how toxic shipping and shilling has become in perpetuating the celeb culture of the thread, I regret the part I played in getting them into the game together.

not gonna lie, was probably more fun doing that than actually playing pathfinder

Corwin has been making moves on Aranha. That's all I know.

Don't be sorry. They're adorable together, and celebrity shipping happened regardless.

It really was and it's such a shame that they had to go on and ruin it by actually playing the campaign.

Lies.

Like said, don't hang this on yourself. Before Valimir shipping the Casimir-Amalthea shipping was already in full effect, celeb shipping was inevitable. At worst you gave Sappy a little bit of a leg up on her competition.

Celeb shipping would've died then and there when SWeagle chose Onryou as his character instead of Amalthea.

dubious

What classes need better SoP archetypes?

Valeria was going to get in regardless of shipping and who else was Casimir going to lust after? Is there a world where he's going to go for the spidergirl or big red over tits mcgee?

>and who else was Casimir going to lust after?

I don't know, one of the innumerable NPCs the DM would have inevitably made to get in his pants, as is the case with the vast majority of bachelor(ette) PCs?

Looks like champion of the spheres playtest is up.

Sauce or get the fuck out

When should i play pathfinder over 5e?

When should you play any game over shooting yourself in the mouth?

Depends.
PF: more content. More ways to design what you want as GM or as Player. More people who play it.
5e: Simplicity. Less swingy numbers. Less powerful casters. Less content overload.

So, PF=more everything including bad, and 5e=less everything, including good.

Several different city states in my setting have different loadouts for their city watch.

Syr:
> Lightweight Sentinels constructed with Aluminium harvested from ruins across the disc. They're powered by a gem-like reactor mounted at the rear of the robot's "Skull", which is fueled with humanoid souls. They can potentially run for hundreds of years given regular maintenance, which is handled by machine shops across the state.
> Older production models have integrated swords built into their arms(Have significant bonuses to resisting disarms), as well as cartridge loading crossbows.
> Newer models have heavier armour that requires specialized equipment to repair, and are equipped with integrated rifles, that are fed by a belt-backpack array.

Wind Rises:
> City watch consists of a small but highly elite military force, Mounted and Dismounted gryphon hussars. They're supplemented by civilian militia, and state-wide mandatory arms ownership. Every adult-male in the kingdom is legally required to own a rifle, and to keep it in working condition.
> Standard equipment for gryphon hussars: +1 Agile Breastplate, Full Plate Barding for their Gryphons. 2x Cavalry Sabers, 1x Lance(with 4 spare tips), 1x Rifle(loaded with cartridges), 2x Cavalry Pistols.
> Royal Family hussars(of which 400 exist in the state) typically have finer equipment, +3 Elysium Bronze lance, and a single revolver with a +1 cavalry saber as their backup. Some of them choose to have their cavalry sabers forged in space-age alloys that are looted from ancient ruins, of which titanium(called "Flightsteel" in the setting) is a prominent choice.

There's more too, other prominent locations would be Londorium, and Pinnacle of Five Peaks. More?

Another pro/con of 5e vs. PF:
PF attracts weebs and grognards.
5e attracts fake nerds and attention whores.

5e attracts fad nerds

Yeah, pretty much. Every 5e community I've been to has been much more prone to normies coming in. The kind of people who love to pretend they're hot shit, but then go "lol you're all weird" and get offended when people won't treat them like royalty.

So I really didn't miss anything?

They're just better feats. 2H combat needed nothing but power attack, so there's barely anything you have to do since so much already works with it.

>not new actions you can take
Wrong, re look at Open Hand, Boxing, Barrage, and Brute. It also adds new conditions like Battered and you can mess around with Focus and Dedication mechanics.

As for 2handing, it's already the best supported combat style in 1pp, so it really didn't need much aside from Berserker and Lancer Spheres

Also, what the fuck are you smoking about no debuff? Nearly every other Sphere is dedicated to debuff and manuevers. Are you fucking blind nigga?

How do you guys build characters without knowing the rest of your party? That's just begging for trouble.

O ask the GM what the premise is, then just take a guess.
That's only if I haven't bothered to ask the other players to at least give me hints on what they're planning on playing

I have at least 10 character ideas at a given time, ready for all roles and ready to be adapted to fit into the world

Yes please, the obvious choice for human souls being the criminals that the constructs capture

I mean in the /pfg/ app circus style. How do you coordinate to not overlap party roles, or have any chance of interweaving character backstories if it's all up to the GM?

I make it work. I've ended up a LG character in a party that is majority evil and one CN character. I've found the experience both rewarding and fun.

You don't, you just make a character as best you can, hope the DM picks you, then discuss things with the DM and other characters to change and for things properly.

It is, admittedly, not suitable for everyone or every play style

You leave key spots open, then interweave backstories after picks. Trust the GM to not pick PCs who overlap too much, or just adjust your builds/classes after the fact.

I can never fight the itch to try and round out the missing party roles. Leaving that up to a single person, even if it's the GM, feels like too much. I love sitting down for a good session 0 to discuss party composition, overall themes and tones, and playing off each other in character creation.

Any picture of an Int and Cha headband that doesn't look like a female fashion complement?