However, Khorne is one of those honourable war-gods...

>However, Khorne is one of those honourable war-gods. So don't think that beating your enemies by anything other than sheer strength, skill and aggression will make him happy. And for the love of Sigmar/Empra, don't try to cheat by picking fights with the weak or helpless or by giving him baby skulls. Khorne expects a form of savage, viking-esque dignity from his followers and for them to be generally manly, this means you have to fight worthy opponents and those generally able to at least hold up a sword. Only after the worthwhile enemies are out of the way; then you can gorge yourself on the blood of women and children all you want (or make them fight amongst themselves and recruit the survivors, or enslave them, or whatever). Most of the writers forget this, thinking that Khorne really gives no fucks about what you kill, and it makes Khorne snarl in anger. Though he continues to send his flesh-hounds to hunt down those who flee and abandon their brothers on the battlefield, be they Chaos or non-Chaos

How true is this? Is he really honorable or does he only care for the bloodshed no matter where it comes from?

in other words is he more like tempest or bhaal?

I've always viewed it as no one shall be spared the rage of Khorne. However followers of Khorne should not seek out the weak. They should be looking for new worthy foes.

He used to be Honourable and even punished his followers for offering the skulls of the weak to him.
But over time the kikes at GeeDubs simplified him to "ROAR GIB SKULLZ".

He is neither Tempest or Bhaal but more along the lines of Garagos.

Khorne cares not from where the blood flows, only that it flows.

Easy answer: Khorne likes honorable, decent melee between mutual combatants who are both there to fight to the bitter end the most. But he'll take what he can get and is happy (in an angry way) to get that much.

Completely untrue. Khorne cares not from whence the blood flows so long as it flows. He revels in betrayal and under handed tactics for the sake of violence and bloodshed. Bloody Assassinations please him. Mindless cruelty upon the innocent and weak in his name satiate his ceaseless rage. The only method he discourages is making use of the warp sorcerers as they fundamentally require thought and premeditation to carry out. To truly please Khorne, the murder must be thoughtless and unmediated.

Anyone who says Khorne is honorable fell for a Norsca lie that they use to retain a little humanity. True servants know Khornes true nature.

You lot are confusing Fantasy Khorne for 40k Khorne.
In 40k, the positive aspects of the Chaos Gods has been drowned under the weight of negative ones.

Khorne has never been strictly about muh honor. His followers have always been genocidal maniacs that blow up planets and kill people in the billions. Of course he prefers the skulls of worthy foes but ultimately he doesn't care.

During the heresy wars angron destroyed over 25 planets held by ultras, khorne never punished him from what I remember

>His followers have always been genocidal maniacs that blow up planets and kill people in the billions.
Even in the good setting that came before 40k was a thing?

He likes skulls and blood. But some skulls and blood satisfy him more than others. But find a chaos marine who stomps around playgrounds only and only kills babies and he's probably not gonna be getting much favour from Khorne.

It used to be this way, but now it seems like his worshippers just prefer to attack the biggest, meanest enemy on the battlefield, in hopes they can claim the skull first.

iirc flesh hounds chase down and kill the weak/cowardly

There might be honorable khorne followers, but khorne's honor only applied to the methods of violence, as opposed to the recipient.

Sorry user, I never touched fantasy so I just figured they kept the gods the same.

Depends on the sett- I mean edition.
Do whatever you prefer, user. There's no fun police outside of Veeky Forums.

Most iterations I've seen have Khorne not care about whose blood it is, so he enjoy battles against powerful foes since it means there's a chance his own champion will get cut as well.

Well his followers are sort of honorable. If you consider beheading people they like and placing their skulls at the feet of Khorne an honor for the beheaded.

Well that and Khorne wants blood being spilt. Honor or a good fight are boni. Great to have but secondary.

Very true, however Khorne cares not from whence the blood flows. This usually leads to idiot followers who think they can get away with killing weaklings being killed by Khorne's wrath. None are spared, not even his followers

Fantasy is even more explicit about Khorne not caring about Honor than 40k. Friends and Allies are the most pleasing kills under Khorne.

>Though he continues to send his flesh-hounds to hunt down those who flee and abandon their brothers on the battlefield, be they Chaos or non-Chaos
This is wrong. They hunt down those who have slighted Khorne by running from battles in general. Khorne doesn't care about betrayal, he explicitly encourages it. What he hates is cowardice and pacifism.

I've never read these can you post what it has on the other Three gods?

He WAS honorable. But something tells me eons of followers that boil down to "Chaos Khornate berserkers" changed his portfolio as a chaos god. You'll only see his nicer side in backwater feral worlds and such where things are pretty Conan tier.

>Khorne
>Honour

No, in fact Khorne loves treachery.

Dunno, let's look at his greatest mortal champion and see if there are any hints
>Kharn
>the Betrayer

Hmmmmm...

I too want the sauce.

Killing the weak: sure thing buddy
Targeting the weak: how fucking dare you

Realms of Chaos, specifically Slaves to Darkness.

Also, notably, those books include rules and fluff for both 40k and Fantasy with the Gods and daemons being literally interchangeable between the two.

Should I ask my mom before I read it?

Yes.

'Khorne was honourable before those damn GW hacks simplified the fluff' is one of those things that every bitter grog knows but which has never been true.

He's always been the god of violence without moderation or humanity. You want a honourable war god, Myrmidia and Ulric are right there.

I may be a dumb asshole but i could not find anything for Tzeentch or Nurgle

Get the fuck out of here, Tzeentch shiteater. You will never taint our bloodletting with your duplicity.

Is "honorable Khorne" a meme that was started by faggots who never read any Khorne fluff?

I was under the impression that it started due to fluff surrounding Khorne's hounds hunting down the unworthy.

Someone literally posted in this thread you mongoloid, what more do you want

Second book. Realms of Chaos is a two parter.

>1d4chan is shit

Who could've known?

"Khorne cares not for whom the blood flows, only that it flows" has been the standard for a while.

My shitty headcanon is that he has a few "Honorable combat" Greater Daemons out there, but it's only a drop of water in the larger sentient warp storm that is Khorne

You have a link?