My friends are about to run this campaign and i need to make a character...

My friends are about to run this campaign and i need to make a character. My friend who is dming this time likes to kill me specifically, what character should i make to make dying as unrealistic as possible?

for example should i try to make myself resistant to poison or certain elements ( not sure if this is even a thing in 5e) or able to breath water, anti undead spells, etc

i'll be level 1 and theres 3 other people in my party**

>My friend who is dming this time likes to kill me specifically
You shouldn't play with people like that user.

>My friend who is dming this time likes to kill me specifically

What did you do to him?

Bear totem barbarian is resistant to all damage types except psychic, on top of d12 hit dice and con being one of the two stats to focus. Iirc in Volo's guide there is a race that gets water breathing

>Lvl 1
>Surviving

pick one

Talk with your dm like a fucking adult

run a Tortle

>my DM likes to kill me specifically
wow that sounds fucking miserable to play in.

huh, if he likes to kill YOU specifically......maybe reconsider that he is your friend?

Thanks man we already have a druid so i made.. a human fighter ill let you guys know if I die and how i die

Anyone have any good character ideas beyond the class and race

my last character one-upped everyone so he'd constantly say "ive seen more wonderous place than x", "i've been a bigger giant than that giant,: etc

>entering the tomb of fucking horrors

>expecting to not die

gygax was a sadist, you are not prepared.

do not get attached. you're gonna die. a lot.

you'll probably die before you even reach the dungeon. you'll be lucky if you do.

if this is anything like what I think its gonna be you're all fucked unless you play perfectly and work as a team perfectly and the dice gods are in your favour.

here's a hint though, do not approach any giant faces.

Dude that dungeoun is a meat grinder best bet is roll 3 or 4 characters, dont even bother naming them

I'd recommend 2 levels of paladin followed by all levels of Undying Light Warlock.

You get:
The best cantrip
Casting in full plate
Healing powers
Eventually, once per day, when you die, you instead don't die and in fact hurt all your enemies.

Is this supposed to be fun for you guys?

The Tomb is not a dungeon meant to be taken seriously.

>"waaah waaah my character dieeed"

Guys, he's talking about the Tomb of Annihilation not the Tomb of Horrors.

Certainly thematically similar for the ending dungeon...but the Tomb of Annihilation is about a wilderness hexcrawl in a dangerous jungle subcontinent.

So, Lizardman Bear Totem Barbarian is a great way to be nigh invincible in battle...

but other things can still kill you.

You could also benefit from Revised Ranger, either going Hunter Conclave or Darkstalker (soon to be released as revised Gloom Stalker) Conclave. Race of your choice to help do survivalist things there in the humid thick of things.

lol @ everyone confusing horrors with annihilation

reading comprehension, not your strong suit

That’s not even a matter of comprehension, that user’s just retarded.

... Revenant?

Make a character based on the DM, give the character the DM's quirks and mannerisms.

Tbh, I prefer puzzle dungeons (though not necessarily as punishing as the Tomb of Horrors) to just rolling for skills. The former engages me as a player because of the "how" aspect that just rolling lacks.

i'll take the bait.

>make a barbarian
>we already have a druid
>i'll make a fighter

are you really this retarded, or just pretending?

Embrace your destiny. Make an extremely vulnerable character - perpetually ill, numerous specific weaknesses, the works - who is just so easy to kill that the DM won't be able to choose how they want to do it.
I'm assuming that this is all in good fun. If not, screw your DM