Who what is the point of all this? Also why did they give the japs manlet marines instead of chad marines?

Who what is the point of all this? Also why did they give the japs manlet marines instead of chad marines?

Other urls found in this thread:

pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=51341044
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Probably because Japan has a different modelling culture, and they hoped to leap in on it with a small 'exclusive' collector's kit.

As for why old ones and not Primaris? Fuck knows. Maybe just that they've been around forever and might have more love?

Manlets > Primarishit

I really like some of the poses.
Gaiun and Aethor are nice and dynamic
Garus is pretty cool.
I also like the seargeant

Remus looks pretty rad there as well.

What is this? Are they updating Tacs?

Of course not. Tactical marines don't exist anymore. These are just guardsmen in power armor. Now then, how about our new heroes, those primaries marines?

>Manlets > Primarishit
That may be but with how much primaris have been pushed it seems odd not to use them for this.

Gaiun name sounds out of place, is it some sort of joke with gaijin?

Japs like collector items.

Without the memes this time please?

>As for why old ones and not Primaris? Fuck knows. Maybe just that they've been around forever and might have more love?
First leaks and shit for this set come out before the Primaris were revealed, so I imagine they have just been sat on the kit for quite some time.

It could be they originally made as a regular starting kit that got scrapped when the Primaris idea come along.

Also, am I the only one who finds it amusing that their tutorial video is just a regular Duncan video with subtitles?
They couldn't even be bothered to get one of their GW managers out there to record one.

Japs think chads are gay.

True story.

Sounds like it's a Korean name actually. Not a good idea to give a Korean name to Japanese buyers.

I can see it, given how much ass they suck.

These models made me realize how much I really like older marines. I like the primaris proportions but they lack the individuality of their predecessors. Primaris don't have a mix of older armor marks and weapons and that really bugs me.

>why did they give the japs manlet marines
easier for jap to relate

>just want to figure out the origin of these models and the relation to Japan
>everyone's too busy being mouthbreathing primaris shitposters

My bet's some sort of upcoming 'board game' monopose models

We saw these guys about four months ago. It's just an exclusive box for our friends in the orient.

They're just a line of snapfit collectables aimed at the Japanese collectors market

I was thinking the same thing. I love the life in these models. Even for monopose, they look really nice compared to their equivalent Primaris. I wouldn't feel ashamed to buy and field these battle brothers.

And this is why classic marines will always be top dogs, even when monopose they out do primaris in terms of style.

I really like how these do not have raised ultramarine insignia, and could thus be used for any chapter. Save for Sergeant Sevastus, maybe. His leather strips have the ultramarine roman look.

How big is 40k in Japan?

I'm surprised GW had the balls to launch something like that in fucking Japan without any tie-in with an anime character/game/series.

It has a small niche, most of them are westaboo.
R-WORCUS is also the sole artist willing to make 40k doujin. Pic related.

How fucking thirsty are Jap dudes for this shit?

I'm still convinced my idea was way better Hell they could probably have gotten Huke (of Steins;Gate and Black Rock Shooter fame) to work on it since he's a Space Wolf player.

It's extremely small and by and large only playable at American bases since the soldiers working there may be into Warhams.

Japan at large has shown GW the middle finger as they get better quality miniatures for less already. Gunpla has the hobby by the balls and you'd have to be a lunatic to drop Gunpla for GW as a Japanese person.

>They should have gotten various popular artists off pixiv
That would cost money, how fucking stingy GW is again?

>design various cute girls based on different things in 40k, e.g. cute Commissar, Tech-priest, SoB, Banshee etc.
Some of these have been done before like the twintailed commissar.
Can't post it right now so have this cute sanctionned psyker and the pixiv link instead: pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=51341044

>Alternatively they could have done a collection of minis featuring various Guard regiments based on various real militaries to appeal to the already large population of military otaku Guard players.
Like anywhere else, most japanese fans are SMfags.

I didn't know Huke even played 40k.
R-WORCUS is a DA fag btw.

>I didn't know Huke even played 40k.
Yeah go check his twitter.

>That would cost money, how fucking stingy GW is again?
Gotta spend some money to make some money, besides it can't be that expensive if every two-bit LN can have it's own illustrator.

What is this and how do I buy the rhino-shaped blister?

>The inquisition beat Titus so hard he turned black.
For real though it's such a shame we didn't get a Space Marine 2. Would have loved to see Titus go AWOL and joined the Deathwatch.

Have you ever considered that you just might be gay?

Japanese love the whole booster pack mini dealio and this also swings them over to 40k. The reason they did normal marines instead of primaris is because no matter how hard you meme it they are here to stay, there is no way GW can make a primaris product line to compete with all the normal marine products they've made all these years, they are nothing more then an expansion to the current line-up

Titus joining deathwatch to avoid execution is fucking ace storyline material, at least they were nice enough to put him in the Veterans kit so we can build him

I think it's an experiment with the Japanese market, so like otakus and such which have a penchant for collecting stuff. They went with vanilla marines because they are more popular and known.

Special products for the Japanese market

these were originally teased long before there was any word on 8th ed

Collecter/display models, like the anniversary marine or Grombrindal

>Collecter/display models, like the anniversary marine or Grombrindal
just like all of the old marine line

>Japan at large has shown GW the middle finger as they get better quality miniatures for less already.
To be fair, the main appeal for many people is the storyline and setting, i.e. the fluff, and also the gameplay.

#1 mini wargaming will be big in Japan is it takes up a lot of space, which few Japanese have

I've read 40k is actually decently popular in japan, but I think they are more on the hobby side than the gaming side.

Wrong, idiot. Otherwise AoS would've tanked harder than WHFB and the RPGs would overtake the wargame.

The main appeal are the models, period. You might as well say the main appeal to LEGOs is the IP licensing.

Have you ever considered having self respect?

>Gotta spend some money to make some money, besides it can't be that expensive if every two-bit LN can have it's own illustrator.
Most of the time, the illustator is the director.

You guys to realize that a regular marine can be made into a primaris marine right?

In the lore, sure, but then you're left with a bunch of marinelet models.

Model-wise, more like you mean Primaris can be made to look like marinelets/marinelets can be heavily converted to true scale.

And each one will cost ¥4,013

>¥4,013
wtf? That's ridiculous

>And each one will cost ¥4,013

Lies - they come in cases of 24 individually boxed figures at ¥17,988 per case.

so in jap land are games workshop like niche, hipster models that only the coolest of the cool kids collect while everyone else jerks off to models of squid monsters, 12 year old school girls and mechs?

Yeah buddy and if you just lifted every day you'd be as fit as chad and all the girls would want you to

are those true scale? are there pics of the minis with the primaris?

Yes, you would. Self loathing gets you nowhere, r9k