I Set a monster in face-down defense position, and end my turn

I Set a monster in face-down defense position, and end my turn.

Before I summon my monster, I activate a spell card... The Swords of Revealing Light!

Not only are your monsters prevented from attacking me for the next 3 turns, but you must reveal your face down monster!

>playing Yu-Gay-Oh

>Hurr durr playing games like an idiot¿¿?

You fool! You have forgotten that my Knight Piece's special abilities is to skip over square by moving in am L fashion! As such, he is able to ignore face down monsters and attack your lifepoints directly!

>replying to such obvious bait

I set Man Eater Bug, face up in Attack Mode!

I play Itachi Uchiha face up in attack mode. I also set this trap card onto the field, and end my turn.

I just wanted to give them their (you), also I don't recall calling them a faggot

This gif is so grainy and old I can feel it just by putting a hand on my monitor.

it's the fucking ryckoo the lightsworn, swords of fucking shit are destroid

Only good and original mechanic of the game.

Is this real?
What the hell.

Yes. Small claims court case over stolen cards.

So just how do you play YuGiOh anyway?

I thought it would be a typical MTG clone the like Pokémon TCG was for the most part. But there seems to be an apparent lack of a Mana systems, and an emphasis on tactical positioning which is probably less interestingly implemented than in sounds.

You have monster cards that attack your opponents monsters to deplete the players life points. You can play (normal summon) one of them per turn. Spell cards often only have minor or no cost to play if you have the right cards on the field or in your hand. In the modern meta power creep has become strong and the game is very fast paced because you can just chain card effects over and over to special summon multiple strong monsters per turn.

What are some decent decks in the TCG format? I want to win but Pendulum Magicians are disgusting.

Before it resolves I cast Fatal push

No, it's Judge Judy, which except for her status as an actual judge, is entirely fake.

The rules are complicated and change every year.

Like recently they introduced link monsters and now you can only have 1 special summoned monster on the field but if that monster is a link monster he can charge nearby card zones (It's indicated with direction his card charging power works in) to summon more monsters from your special deck. (You have two decks now btw, one special and one normal).

I change the colour to yellow.

That's on the banned list. MODS

Screw the rules! I have money! I play my credit card in attack mode and attack your life points directly for an amount of damage equal to my bank balance!

Your credit card is not only issued by a nonexistant bank, but it´s out of date too.
Keep it next to your Mistercard, poorfag.

I love YGO, but fuck is it hard to learn the rules they don't really have fleshed out in the rulebook.

Also, by the way, in 20 posts, I win the duel.

>implying the card is not valid until end of 2099

I play Dr. Boom

I maneuver to close and prepare optional press to continue.

Playing without automation helps you get a better understanding of the rules and it gets you in the habit of knowing your options yourself.

>implying a duel ever lasts 20 rounds
20 has literally never been a thing, back when the game was just released you could do a first turn kill, even when they added summoning limitations (like only 1 normal summon/turn and tribute cost for monsters of level 5 and higher) you could still win a duel on your first turn by using fusion and ritual monsters.

It should be 10 rounds at most and if it is that slow it should not require a lifepoint cost, with 2k as a cost the limit should be 5 rounds (and even 5 rounds is pretty uncommon even back in the day unless you have something like swords of revealing light).

>forgetting about when stall was so strong that Final Countdown was limited
Sure a normal duel will never go for 20 turns, but if my entire deck is cards that let me survive for 1 more turn, we're never going to have a normal duel.

I literally had 2 NINETEEN turn games yesterday. Against ABC and some other shit I don't remember about. Won against ABC, lost 2nd game because I kept drawing Ash Blossoms when we were both running low on cards.

I never played against a stall deck, the only stall cards I met was things like sword of revealing light and maybe labyrinth wall (it's 3k defense made it pretty hard to take down, it does require a tribute tho and is a normal summon). I might just have been lucky, or unlucky depending on how you see it, to never fight a stall deck.

*only 1 monster special summoned from the extra deck
C'mon user, atleast try not to paraphrase the rules in such a misinformative manner.
Atleast with my correction they can understand that special summoning them from the graveyard or RFG/Banish zone can bypass the restriction, alongside the fact other special summons for main deck monsters aren't affected.

>You have two decks now
>now

Nowadays Stall is probably one of the more less viable strategies, it still works against someone who is wholly unprepared but nowadays you have one or two methods of stopping a stall deck dead in it's tracks.

Also this. Fusion deck has always been a thing, the only change was the name and what sort of monsters could be added to it.

Yugioh has always had the extra deck.

I gain control of it, then pass the turn with two Islands still untapped.

This.

>noone posted THAT Webm yet

wow maybe a yugioh thread can exist without Syncro summons

?

Hmm yes interesting HOWEVER...

I meant the one turn win WEBMs

Eat shit faggot

Forgot pic

400 what...?

>letting your opponent draw 4 cards in YGO

That's basically just a suicide card

Don't be silly - either you win by them being disqualified for slow play for taking so long, or their artistic skills are so trash that the cards they draw look nothing like proper Yu-Gi-Oh cards and they're disqualified for having shitty cards.

I would say it might end with a draw

TRICKSTAR stapel

Ah yes, my old staple. My P.A.C.M.A.N. deck. Loved that shit.

Mill strat
Make them discard their hand right after

Rolled 20 + 5 (1d20 + 5)

Detect evil!

Um, actually, the cases and judgements are real? They say so right at the start of the show.

You've activated the effect of my face-down monster, the Magician of Faith! This allows me to choose one spell card from my graveyard, and return it to my hand!
And I choose the quick-play spell card, Mystical Space Typhoon, and activate it from my hand to destroy your Swords of Revealing Light!

>activating MST from your hand
>on your opponent's turn

Do you even duel?