Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1817: Confusing Power Levels Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

destinypedia.com/Slug_Rifle)
youtube.com/watch?v=e_uY7WTcIj0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Does anyone know what A Secret Hideout in Digimon world is based on?

If the user who claimed KKK last thread is still around, may I ask if you have any plans for Interview with Kaziklu Bey?

That is actually going to be covered by Dies Irae I think.

Val gave user her approval.

Not KKK, Interview.

What are some good early jumps? Starting a new chain and need some suggestions. Cheers.

Slice of Life

Val, are you going to make jumps for the upcoming Kickboxer movie or the originals?

I'm going to be honest, I hate that jump. I don't know why it just irks me for some reason.
Thanks for the suggestion though.

Generic Universal monsters is good, the Undead tree has some things that help you deal with the problems of immortality which happen to be very similar to the problems inherent to being a jumper.

Val said that she was planning on introducing some stuff that she found diving through the internet, but since she can't into Moonrunes and Interview is also freaking long and set half a century before the main series, I thought that the other user might also claim it.

Fair enough. I just try to always do it first because I don't think I'd have the capacity to give up so much power for ten years.

Am actually including a fair bit of stuff from that one in DI, since I'm aware of much more of what goes on there and it's a fair bit more related to DI. Though if there is a demand, I can try and adjust it to remove that stuff.

Upcoming one? I'd love to. Super excited for it actually, especially with the actors they've shown in it.

Originals? Eeeeeh, dunno. The first one is a classic but the later ones get a bit...shit.

I'll check that one out. Never actually read it before.

I have the same opinions on it but for a starter jump it really shouldn't really change anything. I just don't like the jump for a reason that is completely unknown to me. It might just be the way it's formatted or the text. Fuck knows.

Sims 3 isn't overly dangerous and has some amazing skills that will be useful for the entirety of your chain.
I would also suggest places like Sekirei and Rosario + Vampire for some decent companions. In the early chains having someone to watch your back can really help

Well, ideally you'd make the coverage as narrow as possible, so that way actual jumpmakers can do something with the property that isn't just a thinly-veiled powergrab.

Well, I did just say in that very post that I can remove the stuff if there is a desire to do so, like if the guy does pick up the jump.

Though if that's your issue, honestly it's going to exist no matter what I do. Most of the characters are the same and it's in the same setting too, with the same powers. One way or another, it's going to be harder to make after DI is made.

How would a Rider from the Ghost Rider jump, IE the movie version, fair in Panty and Stocking?

Gravity Falls.

Doesn't it all take place after the prologue of Dies Irae though?

I've never watched that but doesn't some really crazy shit happen in that show? Or does all that only happen in the one town it's based in? Cause I could always just go travel the world if that's true.

It takes place on 1944 iirc

>Interview is freaking long
But it's not tho. Dies Irae is freaking long but Interview is fairly short even by VN standards. It's 2-10 hours on VNDB too.

Speaking of Masadaverse, question that didn't get answered last thread. How is KKKanon going to handle Taikyoku and God stuff in KKK since it's much more common there?

You've only really got to watch out for the Wierdmageddon, but it's a plot point that it only happens in the town of Gravity Falls.

I'd argue for Hollow Knight, if only because the wort of the stuff you might run into is in the giant underground city and accompanying tunnels. not much to do on the surface, as far as I know though.

Gadou for everyone

How can I permanently fuse two beings?

That seems a bit much.

Gudou*

Also that's a dumb idea.

Turn them into vehicles and use This is Our Carnival from Arpeggio.

I mean, that's probably not even KKKanon. Most likely just a sassy user.

The entire main cast has Taikyoku. The villains also have it. The main villain's Law is going to fuck you if you don't have any.

And not even Val is offering that. Having everyone start at that level of power for free is end jump material. It's like making you a Chousin for free in Tenchi or a Voyager for free in Umineko.

Use the Potara Earrings.

>What's you favorite perk or ability that's not primarily intended for combat?
Steel Bladder from The Sims 3. If I only could only get one perk from my whole chain I'd take that one.

It's more like making you an Exalt in the Exalted jumps, if you want to make sincere comparisons.

But it's not that relevant in Dies Irae, as it's only used at the end of some routes which can be avoided, and only four characters have it.

In KKK everyone seems to be using it.

Doesn't change the level of power you're offering for free.

What even is a Taikyou?

Are you Hadou or Gudou, /jc/? What would be your Law?

You know multiverses? They're wanting you to bust them like grapes for free just by going to the jump.

user, inter-jump balance stopped being a thing months ago. Get over it.

Por que no los dos?

Is there really any practical difference between an OC jump and a jump for a setting that'll never be published in a real language?

For the Craftworld Eldar Jump. If we take the Lost to the Path perk we don't suffer the mental issues that come with it right? (The jump doesnt specify)

They do have that same problem of no one being able to check to make sure the author isn't making stuff up. Though if the anons above are any indication, what everyone does know justifies just about any power wank the author wants to have.

How can languages be real if our eyes aren't real

You're an Eldar. Just being one must give you a large number of mental issues. But I'd assume you don't get the more annoying ones that come with going to far down your path.

What?

Give a free perk likely the Worm jump that gives you resistance on par with a God for the duration of the jump, with options to gain potential for the real deal available for purchase.

I mean just having Power of Domination means Slaanesh can fuck off. I don't really have to worry about being soul nommed.

Okay but...that doesn't actually tell me what a Taikyou is, user.

I don't know what those words mean either.

So quick question?
How does Warhammer 40K (Let's say Sororitas Jump) compare to Destiny? As in going from one to the other with no other Jumps involved. Just trying to figure things out and everything I've read in the fluff is either crazy (138mm bullets for a HMG) or cloaked in a boatload of hyperbole (Tossing Nova Bombs is compared to a collapsing star). So I thought I'd bring it up with you guys to see if anyone happens to be decent at figure this kind of stuff out. I have figured out that in Destiny two thirds of the game health bar is some kind of shielding system that has to do with the Space Magic and that the Cabal 'Slug Rifle' is basically a Bolter by Warhammer standards (destinypedia.com/Slug_Rifle) and that gives me a decent idea of things because the average Guardian in an Leveled Mission usually tanks three of those before going down like a box of rocks.
On the side can a dude with Traveler's Light make Guardians?

No but you'd still have the arrogance, superiority complex and probably a host of other things.

Does seem only fair to allow OC jumps if foreign language jumps are allowed, given they share the same core issue of people not being able to verify. KKK is probably the best example possible for this given how it's well known for being extremely hard Japanese to read, meaning it'd take years of work if anyone wanted to really read it and see if the jump was okay.

Hey Val, what counts as a foe for the purposes of the Greed drawback in Seven Deadly Sins? Is it just someone directly antagonizing you, or just actively trying to harm you? I took the drawback in Narnia that makes Aslan mess with you for... educational purposes, and I'm not sure if taking it would be a good idea.

Are you trying to compare how powerful the races in both settings are or other things?

I can't tell you anything about Destiny, cause I know literally nothing, but I can give you some info for 40K if you want it. Just depends on what you're looking for.

The author could give screenshots/excerpts of the relevant points, which would likely be easier to check. It's not perfect, but it'd go a decently long way.

Generally any antagonist in general. Wow that's helpful. Basically any sort of opposition can work, though you can ignore Aslan. It'd be a little unfair to make you do that.

I want masks /jc/. Magic masks. Wooden ones, stone ones, bone, iron, whatever! Where can I find masks?

Skyrim.

Bionicles

Few problems with that. The first is that if they're doing what is feared would happen with OC/Foreign works, they've got little motivation to do so. Excerpts could also be doctored much more easily than screenshots (Just write what you want if you don't need to screenshot) so they can be dismissed. The second is that it still requires someone to have a in depth knowledge of that language.

The third problem is more specific to things like KKK, where even if the author is willing to do this, they're working with over 50+ hours of text. If they're not taking active screenshots as they go through, it'd be almost impossible for them to find the quotes. It's like searching for a specific quote in a book longer than the entire lord of the rings trilogy plus the hobbit.

There's a Sacred Gear for that in High School DxD

Jojo.

>Wow that's helpful.
What?

And thanks, I suppose. Though I'm not sure if he'd count anyway because his role in the drawback is more akin to a dickish mentor than an actual enemy. One that I chose, as well.

Honestly, there are forums where these series are being discussed, you could go there and ask there if you have some doubts about the authenticity of some things.

It's not like KKK is that unknown.

Sorry, just me being sarcastic to myself about my first line being super vague. Not meant towards you.

Yeah, something like that.

You might wanna wait for the update before making a build anyway

You know where these specific series get discussed most? VS threads. Almost all the info on the various Masada visual novels exists in VS thread forums. That's what is meant to be the way to check the jump isn't exaggerating things, the places known for comically over exaggerating things?

Spiral Knights has a neat magitech targeting mask. Crash Bandicoot let's you become a Mask. Titanfall has a mask/helmet combo for Pilots.

Ah, okay.

Didn't. Didn't the update /just/ drop maybe a couple days ago? Or is there another one in the works? Val? Though I realize now that "greed" might have indicated I was referring to something in Seven Deadly Sins/NnT, when I was in fact referring to the drawback in God of Highschool. Just making sure we're on the same page.

>if you want to make sincere comparisons.
Now that's just crazy talk.

Nah, GoHS isn't being updated again for a while now. Not until it finishes at any rate. We're on the same page anyway, I knew you were referring to the Greed drawback in GoHS.

So jumps that let you become a Crusader? I know about Crusader Kings, Assassins creed and that you could possible do it in Vampire Diaries (no thanks) and Bartimaeus Sequence.

Hadou just seems to be plain better with the whole cell uplifting and not having a Taikyou cap. The only drawback is having your Law expanding, but you could get toggle perks for that.

Oh I thought you were talking about SDS.
Hey Val, you are planning a Seven Deadly Sins update eventually right? Or am I just going crazy?

>Where can I find masks?
I going to say in The Mask Jumpchain.
We _do_ have a The Mask jump, right?

No but there is a power for exactly that in the Worm jump. Even comes with a green mask.

Huh. Well, I did say Seven Deadly Sins. When I was looking at the GoH doc... Oops. Hurray for context.

Yeah, that's still in the works. Just needs fluff and woulda been done by now but I switched gears to start fluffing Medaka and Episode G, since they were new and ready for such.

Oh, wow, you did. I totally missed that. Haha. My awful habit of skimming posts finally pays off!

>So jumps that let you become a Crusader?
>*shitposter steps in*
Tokhaar Gol, I choose you!
>*shitposter ducks out*

People in /a/ and Veeky Forums have read the thing and usually answer questions about it. Animesuki and a few other boards have also threads with people reading it.

>Episode G
What's that?

What?

Also /Co/Co/'s Bizarre Adventure if you don't want to use you Worm Power pick on this. That one also can come as an actual mask like user wanted.

He has a Deus Vult Lewd Cyoa

Saint Seiya Episode G. Spin off of Saint Seiya, focusing on an earlier battle between the Gold Saints and the Titans. Set about 7 years before canon start, though G is technically it's own AU because of canon differences, and it's pretty good. Has amazing art, depending on your tastes.

Ah. Interesting, thanks. Thought it might have been something Gundam related.

Nah, all the Gundams I like have their own jumps. Been a long time since I was really interested in watching an entirely new Gundam either.

just fuck off with the inter jump balance.
your example is crap.

Iirc adamantium and vibranium in an alloy is what makes captain americas sheild, does anyone know of anytthing that can break that thing?

Depends on the plot/comic. It can be broken by many things or none at all. It literally depends on the whim of the author.

Trying to get to the point where I can have a reasonable sense of scaling. I've done quite a bit of research on Destiny at this point though so I'll be able to list some things out. Shooting Ghosts is a valid tactic for killing a Guardian outright, though they can apparently hide in trasmat space and wait out most enemies unless air strikes completely fuck up whatever the Guardian's hold on to to store their inventory. The guns are also pretty consistently around the level I'd expect with Imperial Guard outside of some real odd balls in the Legendary or Exotic area and, throwing out hyperbole helps here, the powers of a Nova Bomb can one hit crash, though not vaporize or anything, a aircraft about the size of what I think a Valkyrie ship from Warhammer is like.

youtube.com/watch?v=e_uY7WTcIj0
Beta footage (So no real spoilers, but it does have all the traits of the begining of the game) that shows off various aspects of the Destiny stuff. This is the most iron of the feats I could find that weren't in Grimore cards, which fall into heavy use of hyperbole.
Ward of Dawn (Shield) tanking quite a few air to ground missiles at 1:20
Fairly casual teleportation, Blink, with a companion at 1:40
Cayde-6 one shot killing Cabal with Golden Gun at 5:33
Dawnblade Warlock tossing around some firepower (couldn't decide on sword lasers or something else) at 12:55
More Ward of Dawn action at 14:10
Aforementioned Nova Bomb that I noted is able to make a vehicle crash but doesn't total said vehicle at 15:51

With this information can we get a decent range of where a lone Guardian would stand in 40K (Ranging from Imperial Guard to Space Marine Equivalent)?

>never be published in a real language
I found the white trash redneck!
It's like finding Waldo, expect their stripes are more likely to be black and white instead of white and red.

Last god Kubera
Start of canon
Magician
God 200
Element of creation attribute free
Divine affinity free
Barrier creation 100
Silent magic free
Self sword free

-Afterlife-
The wheel turns eternal -100
Sovngarde for the just and good, coldharbour for the evil.

Items
Neutral bow -300

Drawbacks
Delicious -100
Unnatractive 0

You know the self sword thing really reminds me of the weapons the daedric princes like to hand out.

Like mehrunes razor or dawnbringer or even the Wabbajackwabbajackwabbajack

How hard would it be to do the F/GO's Grand scenario with the God capstone boosters of GoH?

What are these glowing crowns and why is that a guy on a scooter?