Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Double firing Fire Prisms edition

>New Alaitoc Attribute
warhammer-community.com/2017/10/20/craftworld-focus-alaitoc-oct-20gw-homepage-post-3/

>Daily Duncan Playlist
youtube.com/watch?v=jjZLVBtkpzQ

>GW FAQ (1.1):
games-workshop.com/en-US/Rules-Errata

>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/j1qLCGbYELw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

1rd for chaos

First for knights

Ratlings completely implode when absolutely anything looks at them. Sure, you get two and a half ratlings for one Ranger still and if you get the first turn, they are efficient at removing a character, but Rangers get a better save, T3 and are practically unshootable, which actually lets them hold down an objective or survive past turn one.

>Sure, you get two and a half ratlings for one Ranger still
Rangers just dropped to 12 points per model, son.

What are your confessions?

Ratlings can JSJ. Give them sight blocking cover and they stick around a lot longer.

When does the new White Dwarf arrive for subscribers?

Poor night spinners. Overlooked for multiple editions, they get their moment in the sun for a couple of months, and then the fire prism overtakes them again (at half speed).

I genuinely like the Aesthetic of the Tau battle suits.

I really like the new Typhus model.

I know. It used to be 4 ratlings to one ranger, it's now 2 1/2.

I took an Imperial Guard detachment in my imperial army solely for flavor and plan to make it all Counts-As

The only armies i enjoy are Xenos, because Chaos models aren't dark enough and Imperium is full of boring armies

JSJ?

Counts as what?

I haven't actually played a game or picked an army yet. I just like shitposting here. And I'm a hipster. I plan on picking the least played army at my lgs.

Reposting

Any idea how to structure a good fluffy Ulthwé list? I'm guessing plenty of guardians and such

Just shoot jump.

Moving after you shoot.

Why isnt zhe black?

any chance of a femarine with an afro covering her vagina?

This stuff is pretty awesome, any chance they will give the same to marine and CSM tanks retroactively in chapter approved?

jump shoot jump

Doubtful

I didnt think this was a thing anymore. I really miss my destroyers having it

I constantly theorycraft but only play twice a month

They'd better do it at least for the Demolisher Cannon Vindicator, Forgeworld even did it for the laser destroyer variant already.

I have like 2k worth of deathwatch that I dont even want to build anymore now that they're manlets.

Someone make Stannis (or maybe Bobby this time) AAAAGHing to fire prisms.

Send them to me if you don't want 'em?

I'm that poster occasionally with the sun-themed Sororitas

I decided that Plasma has a special place in my girls' hearts and they treat Plasma weapons the same way most Orders do Eviscerators - so Repentia are armed with Plasma Guns and flak armor, and dropped onto the front lines with a Valkyrie. Theyre still BS 3+, lightly armored short-ranged suicide troops dropped directly into the fray with a weapon that can potentially kill them, and the Company Commander palling around with them is therefore fluffed as a Mistress of Repentance

while the army is led by a Canoness in a salvaged, heavily modified leman russ that's been converted into a shrine and relic of the order, the Scarlet Star - a Leman Russ Executioner with twin plasma cannons and a heavy flamer

and then I ordered a Deathstrike because sometimes you gotta take that sun motif nice and literally

I change my mind about what army I want every week, and for the past year, ever since 8th hit, I have constantly been coming to 40kg to ask them which army to play or "what should my list look like" with the recent army I've taken a liking to.

The amount of "dubs decide what army I go" and "fluff wise, how would I collect a ____" posts I have made...The amount of polls I have created...I think I've done a combination of all of that and more like 30+ times in the past couple of weeks.

I am so sorry everyone. I'd say I would stop but I probably won't be able to resist it.

I collect AdMech because I lack any sense of taste and genuinely enjoy terrible-looking models.

That doesn't really get you anywhere with ratlings, though. Sure, assuming you are next to sidblocking cover you can shoot and then hide behind it, but then you are significantly reducing their effectiveness by having to move.

Do you collect anything though?

I was quite undecided when I started with 8th.

Eldar, Tau, Thousand Sons or Death Guard were potential choices... went with Death Guard and don't really have any second thoughts. Just take the plunge is my advice.

Because he cant say he needs no man. He needed his boys/tools.

Maybe next week, doing a Skitarii now.
Should be doing a cultist-chan using the Chaos symbol as a hoola too, before that odd request of yours.

So when can i buy the OOP eldar stuff. Notably the old Farseer?

Ratlings have to pay for their sniper rifles, dumbass. They're 7 points apiece, not 5.

got the battleforce, the SC box, the overkill box, assault vets, a droppod, a land raider with options, and an extra razorback.

What address should I send this junk to?

I'm not sure if I got this right (not good with English). Suppose on Game turn 1 my Prism not moved at all. By 'twice in its NEXT Shooting phase,' does that mean my Prism can fire 2 times in turn 2 Shooting phase (shooting phase that comes on the next turn) or turn 1 Shooting phase?

Also, would any ability that allows 'a model to fire as if the said model's in its shooting phase' work with this rule?

Why? The style doesnt fit lewds.
It sucks desu. Sucks balls. Like those WIP fails tier of suck.

Shoots 2 times in turn 1 shooting phase.

Shoots 1 per overwatch or whatever.

lel, are you that insecure you cant build your army because a few people meme'd you into actually believing "marinelets" are going to be "squatted" after they made a very limited extension to their line up featuring slightly taller dudes?

I haven't bought a single thing, cause I know what will happen. I'll jump ship after a week, or get too fascinated with another army.

I can't even remember what I wanted to start with when I first got into 40k. I would probably know if I looked at my notes and documents and downloads from that time..

afro will cover the lewds, honestly I just though it would appease the naysayer who said they'd prefer to see that

[Spoiler]You can understand why I don't want to put my address on Veeky Forums. My discord is Rawb#9341 and my email is [email protected]. Reach me at either of those?[/spoiler]

So, I had a thought. What do you guys think of armies packed with named characters that are essentially "unit, but named character"? The ur example would be the Eldar's Phoenix Lords, each being basically a souped-up Aspect Warrior that buffs the respective unit, but they're not the only ones. Most Ultramarine characters are entirely generic except for being a named and improved version of their generic counterpart (Tigurius is Named Librarian, Cassius is Named Chaplain, Sicarius is Named Captain, and so on). The Orks have Badrukk (flash git), Zagstruk (stormboy), Snikrot (kommando), Grotsnik (painboy), etc. (Being Orks they tend to have a little more personality either way, but still.)

Really most named characters follow this scheme, but there's a few here and there that just do their own thing (like, say, Aun'shi, the Red Terror, Huron Blackheart and some more). I suppose it's an easy enough way to get more named characters in your army, but I feel that it stifles creativity a little. Even some competition within a single character type (like, say, Szeras and Orikan from the Necrons) adds a bit of room for fluffy and interesting rules, and a bit of personality beyond just "named character ".

What do you think?

No, I just like the newer aesthetic better, plus I have a huge backlog I have to work through first.

I didnt say I wont build them, just that I've been demoralized.

It's really shameful to admit that I let marinelet posting demoralize me when I find manlet trolling to be funny if not mildly annoying after a while.

I only own and play with second hand models. I also play an army with a primarily black color scheme so i can paint minimally and still be percieved as tabletop quality. I only use battlescribe and rulebooks i downloaded from this thread. I am ultrapoorfag.

>Doing things anons ask
>Listing things 4 l8r for anons
What a tool

I agonize over list making and spend hours doing it and undoing it. I can never find the perfect balance of what I have painted, what units I love, my favorite conversions and what units are effective. Every time it's missing something, or it's too random and not thematic. The only way to get everything I love is to go up to 3000 points, where I will get shit stomped for having a bad list.

>Bobby
FIRE PRISMS! ON AN OPEN FIELD, NED!

I digitized the whole army and sent them your way. Have your local post office 3d print them for you.

CAREFUL YVRAINE, CAREFUL NOW

All the phoenix lords chillin in a wave serpent flyin into danger

I have the same issue mate, sometimes I even buy models for a list and end up never using them

I do this too. Unfortunately, this had led to me buying units I almost never use.

>after they made a very limited extension to their line up
We're only a quarter way through the Primaris releases, user. And that's just out of what is planned currently.

By next edition they'll outnumber the Marinelets and Marinelets will be relegated to index books/White Dwarf rules/Imperial Agents type supplementary releases while the Codex will be Primaris, Primaris, Primaris.

[citation needed]

Arrrgfghhhhhhh

Chuckle chucklevision

Chucklevision

Chuckle chucklevision!

>Really most named characters follow this scheme, but there's a few here and there that just do their own thing (like, say, Aun'shi, the Red Terror, Huron Blackheart and some more). I suppose it's an easy enough way to get more named characters in your army, but I feel that it stifles creativity a little.
I completely agree. They should focus more on making Special Character their own unique thing and not just "unit+1", and make them more geared towards narrative play and less towards matched play, IE their most powerful abilities should have a line of rules text that says "if you are playing a Narrative Play game" or "this ability is ignored when using Matched Play rules"

So I calculate 2 Fire Prisms sans strategem doing 7 wounds each, and with the strategem something like 16. Pretty damn good. A Leman Russ duo can put out 6.11 wounds in return. They have no equivalent to the strategem, but they do have rerolls to buff #shots, and old grudges reroll to wound, and can reroll ones with the right character.

Call me crazy but as an IG I feel like this is balanced.

Hey, some dude on Reddit had some info on the livestream, copy pasting here.

Shining Spears are down 6 points.
No Ynnari in the Craftworlds codex. Ynnari armies don't benefit from Craftworlds attributes.
Dire Avengers are now 12 points a model (same as Rangers).
New power Quickening, essentially Warptime. Pick a friendly Craftworlds unit within 18" pf the caster. It can move as if it were the movement phase.
Sounds like Guardians are the same cost (they discussed points costs for troop unit, said 60 points for base Dire Avenger and Ranger squads, Guardians are closer to 80 points (which is what they are currently).
Warlord trait on the Avatar allows it to target characters in the shooting phase even if they aren't the closest unit.
Biel-tan attribute affects all shuriken weapons in the army.
Warlord trait for +2 movement.
Webway strike stratagem allows between 1-3 Craftworld units to enter the battlefielf using normal deep strike rules.
Skystrike stratagem allows a unit with Fly to appear on the battlefield
Banshee mask denies overwatch now instead of always striking first. They can advance and charge.
Warwalkers now have an outflank ability
Swooping Hawk guns are now Assault 4 instead of Rapid Fire 2, still 24" range.
Swooping Hawks have dropped 4 points per model.
Craftworlds can field a brigade for "less than 1100 points now."

3 Dark Reapers are now ~80 points. Still have 3+ to hit regardless of modifiers in the shooting phase.
Relic: When this models dies, on a 2+ it causes D3 mortal wounds. If those wounds kill a model, the model with the relic remains on the table with a single wound remaining. Only relic the Avatar can take.

>Imperium guard WAAC scum unironically thinks this is balanced
lmao, talk about graspiong at straws

W-why can't AL use chosen as troops anymore?

Phoenix Lords don't benefit or effect Craftworld attributes. Can be taken in any Craftowlrds army without messing up the detachment bonus.
New warlord trait: Puritanical leader: All units within 6" of the warlord auto pass morale.
Striking Scorpions down in points (didn't say how much).
"I saw a really nice comment on Reddit, actually..." Looks like they do browse the sub!
No big changes to Wraithknights.
Everything in the book benefits from the Craftworlds attribute. Hemlock Wraithfights of Alaitoc now have -2 to hit.
Nightspinners down in points.
Iyanden Warlord trait: At the start of the turn, roll a dice. On a 6, gain a command point.
Falcon Grav tanks down by 50 points.
Heavy weapons cheaper now.
Warlocks are 35 points.
Jain Zarr, all Banshees always fight first within 6" of her.
No changes to Storm Guardians.
Empower psychic power: +1 to wound rolls for a friendly unit.
6 Runes of Fate. Guide, Doom, Fortune, Mind War, 2 other they mentioned quickly.
"Harlequins and Ynnari will be in a codex at some point." Implied they'd both get their own codex.
Eldrad down in points plus some new lore.
Windriders are 18 points with shuriken catapults. 28 for shuriken cannons.
Ynnari rules packaged in the Triumverate box are the same as the index Xenos 1 rules.
15 points for scatter lasers
"Tyranids are a really, really interesting book! We'll talk about it in a couple of weeks ;)"

BUFF VINDICATORS WHILE YOU ARE DOING THE OTHER TANKS, THEY SUCK

they might have gotten another D6 to their shot total, or the ability to spillover wounds, that could be cool

Because Troops aren't so critical now that we have the Vanguard, Spearhead, and Outrider detachments

maybe to vindicators, predators are strong enough already though

It would be nice if they made a list of abilities that characters could take one of, maybe this guy is a really good duelist and gets to reroll hits in CC, this guy it really good at sneaking so gets infiltrate for him and his bodyguard (limited to tacs/company vets maybe so there isn't 10 infiltrating hammernators) etc. So you pay some points to turn generic X into generic X+better at one thing, rather than needing named characters to do that.

>old grudges
You're taking Grand Strategist as your trait, shut up. There is a comparable strat that does this with less limitations against Chaos though, because fuck Chaos I guess.

What, where?

seems like the best faction to me

>"Tyranids are a really, really interesting book! We'll talk about it in a couple of weeks ;)"
I WANT IT NOW

It shoots twice if stationary. It's in the Imperial Armour space marine index

More likely that they look silly next to properly proportioned new models. At least death vets ain't doing the squat pose.

Also don't kid yourself. It will take a while, but they're gonna be replaced eventually.

Sounds kinda like warlord traits famalamadingdong

Yeah, but for more than just one guy.

Aaarrrrgghhhhhhhhh

Time to bust out the heldrakes?

Oh, I thought you were talking about the other laser destroyer tank. Still the SM only gets the worse of the two firing modes if it shoots twice,

>Cheaper shining spears
>Nightspinners down in points
>18 point windriders
>falcon grav tanks down 50 points
>heavy weapons are cheaper
>EIGHTEEN POINT WINDRIDERS

WE RIDE WITH THE WORLD SERPENT NOW BOY'S

What? Is the eldar buff not good enough for you?

Hmm come to think of it, they do kinda counter all the eldar - to hit cheese.

Its a 25% loss in hits. I consider it viable.

Is there any Craftworld that focuses on big fucking guns and tanks?

>T3 5+ unit hard to kill
Just walk up and punch it nigga hhahahaha

Flamers it is then.
youtu.be/j1qLCGbYELw

FUCK YESSSSS

SHINING SPEARS WITH EMPOWER THO

Fuck it, shining spears with Empower and Enhance. And Conceal. With rerolling charges. Warlock my shit up.

Craftworld Imperial Guard.

So all in all, the CWE codex looked like an AdMech case at the start but it's definitely settled into something a lot closer to IG. The Craftworld traits being bland threw us off, but there's some real good shit in there.

Name a team up in the fluff you'd like to see.
>Mordian Iron Guard
>Kriegers

>wraithfighter
>t3 5+
>able to be charged by most units

>-X to hit rolls

Commissar, what's a hit roll?

So glad I have a hefty melee focus when i build lists.

Huh, just realized the shuriken weapon shred goes off 1/3 of the time with Empower. Pair with the Biel-Tan attribute and some newly cheapened Dire Avengers and you got yourself a gunline. That's pretty fuckin' neato.