/rgt/ - Robinhood General Thread

Last day to sell stuff for a lost for this tax year edition

--Robinhood FAQs --
- VISIT THE WEBSITE FIRST DAMMIT!! - www.robinhood.com

> How is it free?
Robinhood earns revenue by collecting interest on the cash and securities in Robinhood accounts, much like a bank collects interest on cash deposits and by collecting fees from robinhood gold.

> It's been X days, why isn't my account verified yet?
Not being approved in 3 days seems to be the new norm. Nevertheless, call/email their support if you've been waiting more than that.

> When is it coming to my country?
The only "plans" are on an Australian and Chinese beta. Neither of which has gained much traction.

> I hit sell when the stock was X.XX, but it actually sold at a lower price, why?
Robinhood graphs are *** and only show you an average, not true real-time prices. To get Bid/Ask prices and important things like candlestick graphs, you should use a more robust platform.

> Where can I get better charting or bid/ask?
Real brokers, like TDAmeritrade's thinkorswim. Otherwise you should be using tradingview.com, stockcharts.com, finviz.com, or a non-pile-of-*** for your graphing in addition to Robinhood.

-- Links --
Premarket Movers:
nasdaq.com/extended-trading/premarket-mostactive.aspx

Earnings Report Calendar:
biz.yahoo.com/research/earncal/today.html

Biopharma Catalyst Calendar:
biopharmcatalyst.com/

Pump and Dump Advertising:
stocktwits.com

S&P 500 VIX Futures (For XIV/UVXY, higher is better for UVXY, lower is better for XIV)
investing.com/indices/us-spx-vix-futures

Previous

Other urls found in this thread:

dividend.com/dividend-stocks/financial/closed-end-fund-equity/vgi-virtus-global-multi-sector-inco/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

This thread is a fake thread. I for one will be boycotting this thread.

What the hell are you taking about?

Learn to check the catalog before making threads

this one was made first, was just pointing out the other one

You know what it takes me more than 5 minutes to make a thread. Fuck you people I'm taking the rest of the year off.

MJX

You guys still have these Bagholder Generals?

lol Pathetic

kek

I bought some yesterday after hours and I'm already up like 5%. Very good shit. I feel like it could run over the coming weeks from all the legalization hype and it being the only way to get into weed stocks on US exchanges without OTC.

Damn relax. You're the one who jumped in with a trip and "boycotts"

what memes am i getting loaded off of today lads?

Is this fun?

OHHHHHH BABY LET ME SLAP MY BIG MEATY (You) ALL OVER YOUR FACE

IT FEELS GOOD AHHHH. SWALLOW MY (You) YOU WHORE OHHHH THATS THE STUFF

Not right now. Everyone's cashing out of Dow stocks to buy Ripple :(

Can square stop bleeding out for no reason already? It's not a memecoin company it has an actual fucking product

The dow is up you autist and only boomers buy that shit.

GLUU

yeah my mistake, it shot to 25k on the open

Volume blowing up in TEUM, all holders get rewarded.

XXII looking gud

XXII fags made it

I sold my UGAZ yesterday cuz I thought that the rise was ridiculous. It is still ridiculous. WTF!

IIPR

Be careful about trying to be a chad-vestor. I was like you and was up like 120% at the end of October and now I'm only up like 50%. I got over confident and got raped

Fair warning, thanks for the advice mate, it's hard to keep your ego out of it sometimes

Hope all of you bought into amrs
Looking spicy

Lots of tasty dips to buy. I'm looking at LMFA and ALT. Anyone know what kind of % return I can expect?

Post a loss? In this market? You must be Down syndrome potatoes!!! Lolrofl

>ALT gun spike tummurow guis
>byeee hiiii, sellll luw

If you guys want free money buy RIOT

I know this feel. It's odd how the market punishes greed.

negative

what's your guys projection for the overall market in 2018?

I say flat to down 5%

I pretty much agree. We might see more than a 5% shave off though.

tell that to my average price $430 CMG shares..
Never again am I dabbling in restaurants. Fuck CMG

No buy ALT. It's gonna spike today like someone said yesterday! He even posted a picture with a bunch of lines on it!

I have no knowledge of the company but the TA says the pumps over and going to 1.82 - 1.63

yeah, just discussing the close of next year

i expect way more intra year volatility

>Restaurants
>Restaurants that had e-coli outbreaks

As a restaurant manager stay away from investing in them.

Can the VIX go down forever?

No kidding. I don’t even know when to get out. I’m real tempted to just sell at the $400 loss I incurred.

FIRE, now officially The Supreme Cannabis Company (formerly Supreme Pharmaceuticals) up 20%ish today. Happy to see this one pull off the brakes and hit the gas.

Aurora Cannabis up about 11% and testing that $10 barrier.

MARA is getting real heavy to hold here. I don't know if I can make it.

I predict /rgt/ will continue losing money.

Set a stop for 3.59, don't sell low

>implying you didnt make any bad plays at all this year
fuck outta here.

If you cut your bags today, you can have them make your gains tax less for this year and just buy something else with the money to make up the loss

Getting ready for another ALT spike~

QIWI on the way to $25

What's the backstory behind the thread cover photo? Nightmare fuel!

>RIOT
That shit is going to crash hard one day
>literally a shitty biotech company that lost most of its value and jumped on the bitcoin bandwagon to pump their stock
>vague descriptions of what they actually do "blockchain, blockchain, blockchain"
>their HQ is a PO box

I don't want to be holding that shit when it hits the fan

I have $4.69 to spend.
What buy?

I'm really hoping the new years will liberate my hands.

Got in ARCI at $0.97 - do I sell now for tidy gains or sit tight

Your opinions on VGI? Fat dividend.

I agree completely, all these crypto stocks are fundamental jokes but the TA for these pump and dumps are textbook Elliot wave so they are easy to trade with very good R:R ratios. I entered at 28.02 and with a stop loss of 26.99 and target of 36-41 or even up to 46. I'm getting very high ratios of more than 8 to 1 and only a downside potential of 3.7%

Virtus global? I don't see any dividend on Robinhood

No shame in taking profits

Looks good, try ORC and ECC if you like monthly divs.

ORC is a 0.14c divvy under $10 a share right now.

Or ECC, .20c divvy under $19 a share.

dividend.com/dividend-stocks/financial/closed-end-fund-equity/vgi-virtus-global-multi-sector-inco/

>> 5601735
Actually own ORC already :-)

Here's a bunch of dividend stocks I had copied down. Don't know a thing about them, but ORC is on the list
TICC, PSEC, CLM, ORC, CEFL, CRF, SDIV, STAG, MAIN, SLVO, BIF EXG SPHD

Lmk if you find a winner

I'm a fan of ORC & STAG, I'd like to see MAIN do a little movement. Not familiar with the rest, although I do remember rejecting TICC for some reason last week (I don't know why lol)

It's a split corp that sells capital and hands it out as dividend. Look at its share price over the last 5 years. Down 10 percent when the S&P has doubled since then. Just buy a EAFE etf if you want global multisector.

I focus pretty heavy on dividend growth; here are my larger holdings heading into 2018

Very Heavy - MORL, NRZ, UNIT
Heavy - EPD, OHI
Average - ORC, PBFX, MIC, IRM

Those 9 make up about 70% of my portfolio.

HOW HIGH CAN TEUM GO

M J X
J
X

Thanks a bunch for the info. I'm sure I'll find a winner. One question, why so diversified? Why not just go all in on the stock with the highest %return?

What are we buying for gainz over the weekends bros?

AMD, UGAZ, HMNY, JCP

To get an idea of how the market as a whole is moving?

JCP kek

A lot of those could be prone to individual drops that would really upset my tummy being 100% in. My portfolio is too large to give it all up on one bad call - and I ain't bitchin with nearly 11% yield projected overall.

Don't forget DRYS

CRF CLM UNIT VVR NRZ

ORC dividend probably isn’t sustainable. OAKS may cut their dividend, but for the price worth it. BIF is a safe equity grower, the dividend is small but nice.

IRM has shitty debt. Hook up with CRF, I like it’s holdings over CLM.

BUY THE LINU DIP BOYS

oh yeah, can't forget the worlds premier mineless gold miner, NAK

>yellen on the sail

ORC's dividend payout ratio is only 83%, I'd argue is sustainable - at least for the time being.

Ya, IRM is something I'm looking to ditch on a good pump if I can. That and F, I feel like I'm stuck in them for too long.

Think I'm done for the year.

-The supply is fixed. There's no inflation.

-The current transaction cost for a standard transaction is just 0.00001 XRP.

-The transaction cost is not paid to any party: the XRP is irrevocably destroyed.

-Ripple consistently handles 1,500 transactions per second, 24x7, and can scale to handle the same throughput as Visa.

-Ripple Labs's share is locked in 55 batches, only one batch can be unlocked per month. It would take them 5 years to unlock them all. This makes their incentives 100% aligned with XRP holders. The company is always working on creating new partnerships and expanding XRP's marketshare.

-Ripple doesn't use proof-of-work anywhere which requires inflation and/or outrageous fees (like Bitcoin)

-Ripple is more decentralized than Bitcoin. With Bitcoin, you have no choice but to trust whoever purchased the most hashing power (currently it's a chinese company called Bitmain). With Ripple, you can run your own validator and setup your own trusted validators list. 10s of non related reputable public and private entities around the world are currently running validators, more keep joining.

-The software is open-source (Stellar was a fork of Ripple).

Go home bot

Fuck, meant VGR.

Oy wey, got $50 left over after buying HMMJ and MJX
What do I buy $50 worth?

kucoin

What does this ripple company produce, exactly?

serious replies only plz

VMIN

How high will BAC+b go up if BAC hits the price of $30.79?
Will it be worthless? Otherwise will I be forced to buy BAC stock in order to get out?

AHHHHHH weed is crashing

I read somewhere it's supposed to go up $1 for every dollar BAC goes over $30.79

That would be very nice.

Also you have until OCT 2018 to either sell your warrants or use them to buy BAC stock. Afterwards they're worthless

Ok cool. I'll bee sure to get out before then.
Unless each BAC goes up crazy

The B warrants allow investors to buy BAC shares at a price of $30.79 on or before October 28, 2018. One warrant gives you the right to buy one share. Once BAC hits 30.79, the warrant value should track the underlying on a one-to-one basis. Exercising the warrant means you will buy a share for 30.79. You can then hodl the share or sell it at a profit. In any case, you will have to have cash (or margin) to buy the shares.

Bought a few DGAZ today, am I going to make it?

I bought MJX yesterday and all my tendies from it today got erased in the span of 5 minutes!