What does Veeky Forums think about the new waifu card?

What does Veeky Forums think about the new waifu card?

Fuck Yugioh.

konami ruined this game worse than the fan base

>link 1
>0 atk
>small eff text that can't possibly do much
>only arrow points up
What is the actual purpose of this card?

>only points to enemies
>god awful stats
It had better have a damn good effect.

Makes me sad
That's not Minerva

>Cannot be Link Summoned, except during the Main Phase 2.

>What is the actual purpose of this card?
I asked Veeky Forumsdng/ and the actual purpose of this card is to sell it for $30 if you pull it.

Looks like they mashed up Madoka with Prisma Ilya and Homura with Miyu. Like, I'm not trying to imply all magical girls look generic or anything, it looks like they were specifically trying to reference those specific characters.

Seriously?

I assume there's something to abuse this other than the kissless weebs that will raise the price 3000% beyond its value.

This is the only card it's even remotely playable with, but even that's terrible.

Could just be a free Link Summon for other Link Summon Recipes. Like a bad Link Kuriboh

Linkuriboh is $15, blocks an attack, recurs itself, and points to your own field.

It's actually a trap card.

got less funny the while reading it four times

My Yu-gi-oh waifu will always be this exotic beauty.
>When a playing card gives ten year old you a massive erection

Maiden of the Aqua was probably a lot of kids first boner.

I was just confused why they didn't shrink that giant bust like all the others before it.

Shit Tier effect.

Winda is still best waifu

To enable co-linked shanenigans at least?

a shit

That's strange, my version requires Hamburger Recipe.

Say I wanted to buy sets of Yu-Gi-Oh and buy the boosters from when I was in middle school (About 2001-2004). It it as ass-tastically expensive as buying Pokemon card boosters and singles? I want to get back into the game, but people seem to treat modern Yu-Gi-Oh with more disdain than MTG and Pokemon.

For original packs like Metal Raiders and Magic Rulers? You can expect to pay anywhere from $4 to $10 a pack, sometimes more if you're unlucky. The hard part is actually finding them.

Unlike with Pokemon/Magic, Yugioh doesn't use a rotation, so all the relevant cards from back then have either been reprinted or creeped to irrelevancy which tanks their value. The hard part is simply finding sealed product that hasn't been produced for close to two decades now.

On the other hand, it means that instead of buying packs, you can simply buy singles for extremely cheap. Yugioh is easily the cheapest relevant card game right now, where you can easily build a full deck that wins locals for $30 or less.

What old cards/decks are you interested in? Most things get reprinted and recently there's been a lot of nostalgia/rework structure decks and boxes that might appeal to you.

Yeah. Link Kuriboh is good. The new Waifu is a shitty easy to make Link 1.

It turns a normal summon into an Earth/Spellcaster, which lets you use it with cards like Spellbook of Knowledge, Wonder Wand, Secret Village, Lithosagym, the list goes on. Or it sets up your type/attribute for a card like Akashic Magician or Kyrios.

It has a Link Arrow pointing up letting you co-link it with something in an extra monster zone, such as Firewall Dragon or Security Dragon.

It lets you use Set monsters, which normally isn't allowed for Link Summoning. This lets you ladder into other things using a face-down monster.

Lastly, with 0 ATK, the card works with Zerozerock and Reptilianne Vaskii.

>Yugioh is easily the cheapest relevant card game right now, where you can easily build a full deck that wins locals for $30 or less.
How?

What are you asking, exactly?

A few years ago, Konami changed the rarity setup of their packs, so everything short of Secret Rares are insanely easy to pull and are therefore cheap. There have also been a lot of reprints of most relevant cards. An overwhelming majority of cards are $5 or less, and most are under $2.

The only expensive generic cards are things like Ash Blossom ($80), Evenly Matched ($50), or Ghost Ogre ($10). If you're building a budget deck, you can avoid all those and still realistically win low-level tournaments.

Not spoopy enough.

>On the other hand, it means that instead of buying packs, you can simply buy singles for extremely cheap. Yugioh is easily the cheapest relevant card game right now, where you can easily build a full deck that wins locals for $30 or less.
How? My local tournament is packed with people playing the Pendulum Magicians, ABC, and True Draco. I'm honestly surprised I haven't seen anyone playing SPYRALs.

I'm not really sure how you're supposed to beat these decks with Ash Blossom, and the like because these decks are super consistent.

Well, Pendulum Magicians and ABC are extremely cheap to build. The most expensive Pendulum Magician card is, what, Astrograph Sorcerer at $2? And ABCs come in a structure deck. If you're not interested in those, there are plenty of other cheap archtypes you can pick up like Paleozoics, Odd-Eyes, Metalfoes, and more.

True Draco is pretty expensive to build, since Diagram is still at $20 for some reason.

>I'm honestly surprised I haven't seen anyone playing SPYRALs.
CIBR only came out this week.

>I'm not really sure how you're supposed to beat these decks with Ash Blossom, and the like because these decks are super consistent.
Almost all decks in the game rely on some form of searching, milling, or summoning from the deck to do anything. Using Ash Blossom at the right time can stop your opponent from doing what they need to do. It's also a hand trap, meaning you can use it on your opponent's first turn even if you're going second.

For example, use it on Dragon Ravine after they've discarded, and they won't be able to go into Destrudo to search out Union Hanger in ABC AND they lose a card. Or use it on Pot of Desires and your opponent will banish 10 without getting to draw.

>just adds a link to your opponent
This is the dumbest shit ever.

Also lets you take their link zone if you do it right.

>It lets you use Set monsters, which normally isn't allowed for Link Summoning. This lets you ladder into other things using a face-down monster.
no, it doesn't.

no, it doesn't.

Every staple gets reprinted into the ground.

Me on the left

You mean those are boys!?

Yes it does. You can lock out the opponents extra deck monster zone. I forget the exact terms so forgive me.

Starting from the left link zone, if you summon a monster with a down arrow, a monster with right arrow in that link zone, another monster with a right arrow in the second monsters link zone, then a monster with an up arrow in the third monsters link zone. The up arrow should be pointing to the opponents Extra Deck Monster Zone letting you summon a monster to that zone, locking the opponent out of extra deck monster zones.

The monsters need to be co-linked for that.

...Where'd the DEF go?

They're Girl (male)

Links monster only have an attack position.

fake or misprint. There is a ritual card that is a giant hamburger but im too lazy to google it for you

Hungry Hamburger

And it's a misprint, my brother pulled the same thing

>Yugioh is easily the cheapest relevant card game right now

MTG player here. Seems true, I bought into ABCs recently because I got tired of how out-of-control retarded the prices are in Standard.

Someday, Pauper will be relevant outside of MTGO then the prices will spike

You want to know what the sad part is? I think these Yugioh cards actually have better quality cardstock than the Ixalan cards have. It's fucking embarrassing.

Gotta save money to make money.

Mine are warping already...