Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

What did you do in your last session? Got to do anything cool? Got disappointed? Talk about it!

/pfg/ Link Repository: pastebin.com/fr9piFCi
Current Playtests: pastebin.com/vK9njh31

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/ultimateCampaign/downtime/roomsAndTeams.html
d20pfsrd.com/feats/combat-feats/defensive-combat-training-combat/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>What did you do in your last session? Got to do anything cool? Got disappointed? Talk about it!

My GM told the group that he was burned out and we'd be going on hiatus for a couple of weeks.

This happened over a year ago.

I got the awkward warder boy's virginity. Still not sure what I want to do with it.

>checking out Spheres of Might
>technician description is 19 pages long
Did they not have an editor to tell them no one's gonna read all that shit?

So how would you guys describe a tiefling with the pass for human trait?

He looks human. If you have pass for human it’s to the point that not even experts can easily tell you’re not one.

Is there a working 3.5 pastebin? Didn't want to make a new thread just for that. DM wants to revisit a really old campaign from years ago before I joined his group and it was 3.5.

I was thinking about stuff like minor cuts turn to scars more easily, or I slight scent based off whatever demon/devil they spawned from.

Are there any playable Oni/Ogres?

I don't think so, closest thing would be an Oni-descended Tiefling.

Ibaraki a shit

Why even take a cool race like Tiefling and then dump all over it like that? Why not just play a cursed Human?

What kind of game item would be suitable for a cossack?

Is Weapon Finesse worth it with a Gunslinger?

what no why would that ever be worth.

For using a Rapier in close combat.

Why would you ever be in -close combat-

Let's say that the GM is ruthless.

Still no.

You will be doing ass for damage, your job is to shoot things, not stab at them shittily

One of our players is a god damn poopy head and hasn't shown up in a few weeks to play and another player is meh on attendance. Only two of us remain, we're like 80% the way through CoTCT so we want to finish it the right way.

We're going to start RoW with different people that are actually on 90% of the time instead of having one monkey that drops events because of some potential trim. Or another that drops it because he wanted to play league of legends.

I'm mad that the two flakes think it isn't a big deal, I play inter-friend groups to escape bamboozles, but I guess you never truly can.

Because there are deception based devils and it feels right.

Quick question: do any published PF adventures/modules have a map of a circle of standing stones? If not, any other books that might have what I seek?

Is there any point in trying to be a non-initiating primary martial (or gish) in a party with optimized Path of War initiators?

Even if you bring out other Dreamscarred Press martials and gishes like a psychic warrior or an archetyped soulknife, and even if the initiators avoid Broken Blade/Elemental Flux/Primal Fury, it really seems like the initiators will always dominate combat no matter what.

I have seen this happen in multiple parties by now, and it was embarrassing each time.

I've seen people manage it successfully before.

In general though I give give non initiators free martial training when I GM.

This will make that one "but what if I don't WANT initiating" user come angrily reply

>spheres of might supports DEXfags
Fucking end my life

Earlier, I was running a game with a voyager (metronome), two rajahs (one was a batal), and a warder (ordained defender, zweihander sentinel). All were as optimized as they could be, although Broken Blade, Elemental Flux, and Primal Fury were all banned.

The voyager had some trouble due to poor luck, but even without that poor luck, they would have still been terrible in fights compared to the initiators.

The really embarrassing part was that the Dexterity-based rajah (batal) was actually doing the job of "teleporting skirmisher who retreats from enemies after attacking" due to Time Skitter, the Ephemeral, and the Skirmisher. That was something to see.

Do you need rope to use a grappling hook?

I'm disappointed with the latest set of Voyager changes reducing its complexity and versatility.

It lost out on a lot of fun decision making mid battle.

The voyager was 6th-level and always had exactly one optimal combat option each round: speeding strike and a move action move in either order, than a swift action to teleport away with fast forward. It was disappointing.

I was the one who made the rajah (batal) skirmish build, and it had proven far better a skirmisher than the voyager.

It is not as if the rajah was much worse at utility either given heraldries.

Bringing a non-initiator to a Path of War fight is a bad idea, even with Broken Blade, Elemental Flux, and Primal Fury all banned.

How many horses would an adventurer need (for travelling, mounting, carrying stuff)?

So, who got into Duke's Coin part 2 anyway?

I will mention that the voyager's player had established a roleplaying quirk that had entertained me to a great degree.

Their voyager's parallel selves were often seen emoting and acting on their own. Say, in the case of a character with poor self-control, their main self would do their best to stay behaved in front of a pretty NPC, while the phantasmic overlay of one of their parallel selves could be seen wearing a lecherous grin and making wiggle-waggle-gropey fingers. In another situation, their main self struggles to stand brave against a fearsome foe, while one of their parallel self overlays can be seen bolting away.

It is more or less just fluff for their powers, but it is entertaining fluff.

One. You get bags of holding, handy haversacks and whatnot so one is enough to carry your lazy ass.

Between two and three. It's either the equipment or you on top of the horse.

Besides magic items, how would one store his armor outside of combat. Also, how do you clean it an maintain it?

Folded neatly in an oil cloth that is placed gently into a bag of holding. Maintained with care, love and prestidigitation.

A) We're on our way to kill a god. Should be fun.
B) It was cancelled.
C) The players seemed engaged with the town I made, which was pleasant.

A Snakebite Striker/Vivisectionist Gestalt

Would get 1 Sneak attack at level 1 because they are the same.

But at 6, 10, 12 and 20 they would get one more, so at 20 they'd up with 14d6?

Is that correct?

Also, can you use gestalt with VMC?

Do botch classes get a VMC class?

You're giving up feats to get VMC, so unless you get twice as many feats probably not.

Would be great to give up one feat to gain 2 class feats.

I said no magic items.

If you know Beast Shape I do you automatically know Beast Shape II - IV?

Is it possible to somehow use School or Domain Powers to use with Metamagic? Like quicken or extended?

Still one. You can share the load with your party's horses if they are wizards.

If you're set on it I'd suggest a cestus or spiked gauntlet, alway threatening and not needing to draw a weapon means you can easily switch between shooting and hitting.

Stat Mordred.

So pfg, how okay are you with homebrewed magic weapons/armor/items and NPCs with homebrewed abilities?

I'm fine with them, honestly.

Wisdom as her dump stat.

9 times out of ten it's cringey unbalanced shit. NPCs with homebrewed abilities is fine, because there's narrative stuff that needs to happen and encounters should be interesting.

But items intended for PC use? Nah, bro.

I do a lot of both in my games. I adore unusual items with unpredictable effects.

>9 times out of ten it's cringey unbalanced shit
Because Paizo's bullshit is so fucking balanced.
>But items intended for PC use? Nah, bro.
Shitter detected.

It's already an official thing.

It's the only way to even get variety in some classes, so I'm down.

Which personalities are more suited for a slayer?

How do you negate a mage shield/armor without being caster?

It's cool. My GM usually does stuff like this, sometimes better than others. Currently rocking an item that lets me use the lvl1 teleportation school ability and gives me some preset archery feats

What the fuck is this and how do I read it?

Definitely judging, probably feeling, extrovert and sensing.

So ESFJ

Touch Attacks

Big Five is better .

How do I deal with Energy Resistance as a warlock vigilante?

Sounds like
A
U
T
I
S
M
to me.

mystic accuracy from Legendary Vigilantes, and then clustered shots.

Oh yeah, I forgot about clusted shots working with mystic bolts.

Also bangles of Mystic power or whatever lets you ignore 2 points of resistance per enchantment bonus. Goddamn, this book is based.
If I ever get a change to actually play this build, I may actually buy them.

How does a rouge deal with armor weight at low levels assuming Prescient Dodger is off the table. Do they just accept they're going to be in auto-hit range?

No

INTJ is probably good for if you're a GM or a Wizard

I can dig it. I like getting weapons and such that fit the party, and we've fought our fair share of NPCs with custom abilities.

The Moon Elf Kensai / Evoker upgraded his False Front into a Storefront and Storage in the Galata district. He also built a Book Repository (Arcane) in the same district, and one for Planes near the Fourth Hill.

The Gold Dwarf Forgemaster / Ordained Defender finished his Altar, and built a Forge and Infirmary under the Fourth Hill.

>paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/ultimateCampaign/downtime/roomsAndTeams.html

The Galata district is also being raided by Sahuagin, but that's not as interesting to me or the PCs.

Also, my campaign is using the fast experience growth table. How many experience points should I give for construction? They expend resources, and they fail the checks 1/3 of the time. It feels like they should get xp for successes.

I am about to start as a player in Hell's Vengeance today with Path of war and Lords of Night among some of the allowed books. In addition I've beem given permission to use the vampire template supplied in Lords of night (with all the benefits and negatives this decision may come with in an adventure path).

But I've spent hour upon hour in agony on the final decision of the character. The first being a Crimson Countess, taking the vampire theme through the roof and generally being a blood sucking unkillable monster while in the guise of a Chelish Noble with ladylike tendencies. This option is flavorful as fuck but the issue with almost no means of magically hiding my tendencies or aiding in feeding.

While the other option is to keep the nobility theme, but as a Alchemist with the Polymath (path of war) and Vivisectionist archetypes. This option provides a wide array of ablities focusing on a more subtle play style. But still capable of providing a good combat effort. Additionally I would be able to benefit from Alchemical Blood (using the alchemist extract to duplicate it each morning). The addition of extracts abd discoveries would give us a measure of magical answers. While still having access to manuevers. thw only downside is the flavor isnt as cool as the crimson cultist.

the final choice is the Mesmerist. The flavor of a manipulative vampiric noble is right up my alley. A host of utility and mind fuckery would be at my dosposal. In addition to a good skill selection and some small buffs. The downside would be my combat ability, effectively the worst of the three in dealing damage as well as survivability (very few options to heal myself). But there are ways to get around the lacks with some feat investment.

What do /tg?

>Rogue having a problem getting hit
user, are you retarded? Everyone at low levels has ~18 AC. You're fine.

You also need carrying capacity for weapons and tools. 10 Str and Chainmail only leaves you with like 8 lbs worth of stuff.

Muleback Cords merged with Cloak of Resistance.

>Only has an 18 Dex at level 1
m8 you fucked up

No sane GM allows custom items like that. Stop presenting them like they are an option.

>No sane GM would allow you to blow 1.5x gold price as explicitly allowed by crafting rules to slap a single weak bonus ability on an item every single character is stuck taking
>Doesn't even allow you to re-slot any of those items instead of combining then

Your GM must be fun at parties

>No sane GM allows custom items like that.
They're a default rule not even custom.

>No sane GM allows a completely reasonable item that combines a thing that the game literally mandates you have by mechanics, combined with(Using the literal rules that are in the game by default to do so) an item that gives minor utility by lowering the need to autistically book-keep

user, we know you're trying to troll, but come on mate. Put in some effort.

What are some good first level feats to help supplement a TWF Rogue?

TWF/Weapon Focus are already down, mostly looking for some sort of utility or other boosts with it. Right now it's just Dodge, which isn't exactly bad, but it feels sort of weak. 3pp is allowed.

I made a tiefling character that was extremely pale, had white hair and grey eyes. Based heavily off of Lady Maria of the Astral Clocktower from Bloodborne. Really the point of a "pass for human" tiefling is they are unnervingly unusual but not to the point of breaking the masquerade.

You should not have done it as a Rogue, since it's feat intensive, needs a high BAB, and requires the full attack option.

If it's not too late, make a Slayer instead, and choose the Ranger Combat Style talents.

You could also make a Vigilante (Stalker) from PoW, and specialize in Thrashing Dragon.

If you are unchained rogue, focus on dex and get those gains from dex to damage.

Double slice would give your offhand full benefit from your dex/str (remember offhands only get half normally).

Quickdraw is also helpful in gettin both weapons out in only a free action. As normally you can only draw one as part of moving.

I've got TWO games going now. I feel so lucky.
I started a Thursday night game at my local college, in addition to my Saturday Roll20 game (Stjarnagardr). Same setting, separated by a few months time.

>Thursday College Game
The new group set out to investigate some children that had been going missing in a village about 30 miles outside of the city they're near. They met with the village chief, and did some exploring around the swamps, where they stumbled upon a cluster of Archer Bushes. They quickly dispatched the non-mindless plants, and discovered a cloth doll amongst the branches and trees heading South. They went back to the village to report their findings, and kept watch in the village at night. During second watch, as the group's Rogue and Fighter were roaming around, they came across a tall, Slenderman-esque creature luring a pair of young children towards the edge of town. When it noticed the two adults, it vanished and the children were left dumbstruck.

The group plans to head out to an old hermit's hut in the swamp, and find out more about the creature before going to hunt it down.

> Saturday Roll20 Game
Last Saturday, the group managed to sneak in to a bandit keep without being noticed. Said group of bandits is working together with an Apprentice Necromancer for mutual benefit. The party quickly dispatched of several of the skeletons standing guard, and took out two of the three human watchmen. Unfortunately, the third managed to escape and wake up the Bandit Chief, a Ratfolk Warpriest of Jormungand (Evil and Destruction). The Bandit Warpriest summoned three Dretch Demons and fought the party, nearly killing the party's Witch. The party's Skald and Paladin worked together to take out the Bandit Warpriest, with the Skald getting the finishing blow. We stopped there, and pick it back up tonight.

Thanks to SEVERE AUTISM, there's a pair of feats to bump my BaB up to Full progression, Drawbacks to get the feats to get me off the ground, and I've got the dex and whatnot I need.

Dual Wielding
Prerequisites: Dex 15
Your penalties on attack rolls for fighting with two weapons are reduced. The penalty for your primary hand lessens by 2 and the one for your off hand lessens by 6. See Two-Weapon Fighting. In addition, When wielding a double weapon or two weapons (not including natural weapons or unarmed strikes), you gain a +1 shield bonus to your AC. If the weapon has an enhancement bonus, apply the highest to your shield AC. This takes the place of Two Weapon Fighting and Two Weapon Defense, and any feats that require these feats instead require Dual Wielding.
Improved Dual Wielding
Prerequisites: Dex 17, Dual Wielding, Base Attack Bonus +6
In addition to the standard single extra attack you get with an off-hand weapon, you get a second attack with it, albeit at a –5 penalty. Once your BAB reaches +11, you also gain a third attack with your off-hand weapon, albeit at a –10 penalty. Additionally, you add your Strength bonus to damage rolls made with your off-hand weapon normally. This feat takes the place of Improved Two Weapon Fighting, Greater Two Weapon Fighting, and Double Slice, and any feat that requires these feats instead requires Improved Dual Wielding.

Two Weapon Fighting
When using the Two Weapon Fighting mechanic, a character may make two attacks instead of one when using a standard action to make a single attack. A character may use Vital Strike with both of these attacks. When attacking in this manner, you take a -2 Penalty to all Attack Rolls, in addition to any other penalties.

GM's using these, so Double Slice/TWF Defense is already there. Quick Draw was gained from class features.

Okay, /pfg/. How do we make Shadowdancer not shit?

>Thanks to SEVERE AUTISM, there's a pair of feats to bump my BaB up to Full progression, Drawbacks to get the feats to get me off the ground, and I've got the dex and whatnot I need
Care to share those two?

pls respond. I need a second opinion

So, memegame players, hows memegame going?

It's going good. The memes are very memey.

One is Paizo, the other is Super Genius Games: The Genius Guide to Horrifically Overpowered Feats. Which has mostly alright stuff, with some holy shit what are you doing nigger sprinkled into it.

d20pfsrd.com/feats/combat-feats/defensive-combat-training-combat/

Offensive Combat Training
[Horrifically Overpowered]
You fight like a warrior-born.
Prerequisite: Defensive Combat Training
Benefit: Your base attack bonus is equal to your total hit dice.

For the sake of not being a faggot, I've only ever really used it on a few Rogue ideas I have, since Rogues are trash but I like the class.

The drawbacks shit is the Book of Distinctions and Drawbacks, by Cryptosnark Games. Old 3.5 thing, it's in the QANON Trove.

If you go waaay back to 3.0 there was Savage Species, which was a splatbook that gave you a system to make any monster into a playable PC class. It worked pretty ok!

Memetastic!

Baby hands

The memes are falling apart but I'll never give details, only continue to make wild claims that sow doubt in everyone's minds!

I knew it would happen.

Pass around to the onee-sans.

As a base class.