Why are werewolves so awesome?

How can vampires even compete?

What are some good non-WoD games that let me play a werewolf

I too would fuck a werewolf

>What are some good non-WoD games that let me play a werewolf

...I guess you can make a werewolf in Mutants & Masterminds. Tharn from IKRPG are kinda werewolves too.

Also vampires can't compete. Just the rules of nature.

You mean "would be fucked by"

furry shit

I am okay with this.

>furry threads

>furfags
Reminder that the most interesting nWoD supplement was dropped because WW couldn't find enough existing fiction about symbiotic ghost-demons to wholesale rip off and couldn't be arsed to write any fiction for themselves.

>Also vampires can't compete.
>When the Antediluvian hits.

Psst, where do you guys go for your epic memes? I haven’t been able to renew my Something Awful membership yet.

werewolves are worse than vampires in several areas, and I'm going by the "classic" version, cursed beings whom need blood as a sustenance to retain their super natural power and longevity while the sun light burns them to cinders.

like wise the werewolf is either a curse or hedditary disease that forces the subject into a large bestial body with next to no control over themselves. this can be fixed through experience.

using these definitions vampires hold superiority in art/science/any craft that needs practice to get better at, as well as regeneration and having control over themselves no matter the time.

they do pale in comparison [pun intended] to the wolves strength but power that you can not use is worth less than a bullet without a gun.

or if you want a no brainer, vampires are better than wolves in twilight, but fuck twilight

>Monsterhearts

The perks of vampirism aren't worth the risk of being burned up in the sun. Or even just the inability to walk under the light of day.

Off-topic a little here. But why in fucks name can't popular media get this shit right. Instead of this we get flat-faced misshapen Veeky Forums approved "realism" werewolves

>tfw no stacy werewolf gf

agree to disagree

because if you do it right, its copying a classic and your called a hack

if you make it your own or realistic, its shit and you should never write again

fucks sake. Anyway more on topic I think you will have more ground if we go backwards on werewolf rules. When your BEAST MODE is limited by the full moon being fully risen AND obscured then you've got some major drawbacks. Hell even being locked just to the full moon is significant enough a downside if you retain little to none of that strength as a man

Technically if we go way back werewolves have MORE control. The concept originates with shamanistic male witches who turned into wolflike monsters through magic. This was adapted by Christians as actual good guy werewolves who had lycanthropy as a gift from God before the full moon curse version popped up.

Something I've always been curious about, how are werevolves and vampires not the same thing?
>Vampire and Werewolves both sustained by hunting humans
>Both only active at night
>Both injured by silver
>Both can turn into wolves
Werewolves appear to just be vampires with a narrower power set.

>6/4/4/8 with hypnotic gaze and regen but a pretty bad negatrait that eats through your already shit linemen
>8/3/3/8 with built in claws, regen, and frenzy

Werewolf any day of the week

Travis, you're a happily married man with a successful career. You shouldn't be shitposting on Veeky Forums, even Veeky Forums.

That should be the OP for the next CofD General thread.

Werewolves got knots, vampires do knot.

Vampires being hurt by silver isn't all that traditional. I mean, it's present in stories, but it's hardly universal. They're hurt by sunlight, fire, or suitable enough stabby/cutty damage like staking or decapitation. Turning into wolves is pretty conditional too.

throw in Van Richten's Guide to Werebeasts and you can give them a Gaze if you want

Oh look another redditor who doesn't understand the virgin vs Chad meme

>the risk of being burned up in the sun
>and I'm going by the "classic" version, cursed beings whom need blood as a sustenance to retain their super natural power and longevity while the sun light burns them to cinders

Reminder that Dracula had zero problems walking around during the day. He just couldn't use any of his extra-supernatural powers while the sun was shining on him. Which reduced him from being 100x badass to more like 10x.

I wouldn't say he had "zero problems," because he actively avoided the sun even in situations where his supernatural powers weren't relevant. Presumably it was painful at the very least.

The whole "instagibbed by a single ray of light" is exclusive to Nosferatu, and has just sort of stuck ever since. So, thanks Orlok. Way to go.

>how are werevolves and vampires not the same thing?
Historically they were the same creature and come from the same myths. It's only relatively recently that vampires and werewolves became distinctly separate.

huh, the more you know
the difference there was vampires turn Into regular or giant wolves. Not huge furfag monsters built around a rip and tear mentality
Silver's a new one for me. Don't regularly hear about it, I've heard more examples of traditional "dracula turned into a wolf the size of a horse" then being hurt by silver

An annoyance, but why go out during a time when you're actually somewhat vulnerable to being mowed down by knights on horseback? being tolerant of daylight 's not good reason enough to surrender most of your kit.

I dunno user, if I was used to having a smorgasbord of superpowers as long as the sun wasn't shining on me, I'd probably start to habitually avoid the sun even if it didn't actively kill me.

But sure, you could assume it was painful, or at the least irritating. No visible damage or instagib though. Hell, it could have been nothing more than uncomfortable, like an itch you can't scratch or a burr that keeps annoying you.

Shut up and post more girls about to get freaky with some Werewolves

>Not huge furfag monsters built around a rip and tear mentality
Isn't that just their natural form?
>Vampires being hurt by silver isn't all that traditional
I'm fairly sure that it is.
Silver was supposed to have magical properties and was originally said to be able to repel faeries which werewolves and vampires originally were.
>Historically they were the same creature and come from the same myths. It's only relatively recently that vampires and werewolves became distinctly separate.
I wonder why?

Anyone have a link to that story with the two girls roleplaying out a werewolf rape scene?

You realize that female werewolves have even worse premenstrual syndrome than humans?

Whut

Actually, it was dropped because it was a mechanical mess (to the point that any expansion of the powers, because they all have synergy, would have been more effort than it would be worth) and playing Happy Fun Ghosts Going on Urban Dungeon Crawling Through The Most Boring Underworld Ever is as shit as it sounds.

I can't tell if this is a legit question or if it's a burn on furries. I'm gonna go with the former and say no. It gets easier to shift from one to the other but spending all your time as a wolfman of uncertain intelligence has more downsides then not

Knots?

I admire your virginity, user

>originally said to be able to repel faeries which werewolves and vampires originally were
>which vampires and werewolves originally were

Wew, no.

Vampires have multiple origins that eventually coalesced into the traditional Eastern European undead vampire. There have been fairies with vampiric traits and certain areas invested strigoi with fairy-like attributes, but that's not where the concept came from. Werewolves 100% definitely did not either, the earliest werewolves we know of in folklore were shapeshifting shamans.

>Silver was supposed to have magical properties and was originally said to be able to repel faeries which werewolves and vampires originally were.
Depends entirely on folklore and culture.
Last time I've checked, vampires were ugly undead that could be stopped by breaking their legs and the reason you turned into one was because a black cat jumped over your dead body.
Also, no faeries in the folklore or their equivalent. Same with werewolves.

Dog penises (penii?) have knots when engorged.

Similarly, cat penises have barbs.

So you lost your virginity to a dog?

>wanting to fuck a werewolf is furry

Shit son, what's wrong with your brain?

Werewolves facilitate two of the most common sexual fantasies among men and women. For women, the fantasy of an incredibly physically powerful, savage man who can dominate them effortlessly, and for men, the fantasy of a sexually aggressive woman who wants to be fucked like an animal.

There's a reason they've been sexualized since forever and it's not furries.

>vampires va werewolves
>not akalichs

Fleshbags get out.

>female werewolves
The root word wer- means male, so they'd be called wifewolves.

>pic
For some reason I have the feeling the artist drew the head then went "lol wait I forgot the body"

Uh, what? I'm not I'm Just pointing out what he meant in a less dickish fashion.

>Silver
IIRC, the link between silver and vampires was that the purity of silver meant that mirrors (commonly made from silver, which reflected without rusting like steel) refused to show the image of vampires, which were inherently impure.
I don't know whether the original mythologies of vampires actually had them be hurt by silver, but if they were, it'd be the fact that silver was a catchall defense against creatures of the night/Satan/evil/what have you.

>wifewolves
Technically, wifwolves. Soft i, less modernized.

It's like you too are new to the net.

>sexually aggressive woman who wants to be fucked like an animal.
That's hot.

>Also, no faeries in the folklore or their equivalent. Same with werewolves.
Where?

Also daily reminder that like most things, alabaster eats werewolves for breakfast.

>burning in the sun
>not having 10 fort.

pretty sure he's spot on

Bro, good luck ever accumulating that much EXP.

Nice denial user.
>I want to fuck a sexualized anthropomorphic wolf but I am totally not a furfag, this is a healthy and natural fantasy.

t. Vampire

Just saying that I love these pictures.

I don't want to fuck a sexualized anthropomorphic wolf. I'm personally not even into the male fantasy in that instance, but the fantasy isn't having sex with a yiff, it's having sex with a woman who is animalistic and wild in bed. The assumption with werewolves is because they have something overwhelmingly bestial in their nature, they'll be bestial and unrestrained in bed.

A woman actually turning into a monster during sex isn't part of this fantasy. This isn't even a werewolf-specific fantasy. Werewolves just provide assumptions that lead to the fantasy of a woman that is an animal in the bedroom.

depends on the setting :)

Any man can ride the red waves, but only true men can brave the crimson tempest.

>how can vampires even compete?
>"turning into a furry every 6 months for a single night is better than immortality."

How's being retarded? Seems like you enjoy it.

>bringing up mary sues in a general conversation

lul

>tfw no fluffy werewolf husbando to cuddle up with

>full moon
>every six months
>a single night

Actually it would be wymwolves or womwolves (wym/wom = womb)

>I can't tell if this is a legit question or if it's a burn on furries
It was a reference to vampires in their normal everyday form being bestial hairy humans that hunt other humans for sustenance, that can also transform into wolves.

Be gentle, user has probably never been outside.

sauce pls?

Magic date rape works on werewolves too

stay salty furfags

You can believe that.

these levels of smug should be illegal

Technically, that's a demon. But I'll let it slide.

We've got older vampires too

At this point, that is the meme

>silver, which reflected without rusting like steel

Silver corrodes you knob, it just does so slower than Iron and the metal loss is much smaller. Corroded silver tuns black and has a greasy feel. Gold is one of the few metals that doesn't.

>every universe has the same lunar cycle
>He'd rather have his werewolfdom be synced with his girlfriend's period.

Once a month is still shit, any way you cut it.

>werewolf being synced with a period

Fuck it'd suck to be a female werewolf.

>Geist
>MOST interesting game line of nwod

Shitwit.

Who could have guessed that medieval people were less than entirely correct in their understanding of materials?

Sorry, didn't realize we were talking about your headcannon universe where humans and wolves also exist but full moons only happen twice a year and only last a single night.

He said once a month, which still sucks.

Plus werewolves still die of old age.

That guy isn't me.

I just mixed up the timing of eclipses and full moons. No need to be so upset.

Full moons are only full for a ridiculously small period of time that doesn't even cover one night. Unless you're one of those folks who thinks 95% = 100%.

You wear a silver necklace regularly for a year or two and you have to hit with a polishing solution because the salts in your body oil begins corroding it. I learned that when I was 14 and got a Four Way Medal for my Confirmation. It blackened after about a year of wear.

>headcannon

First off, I'm not , it just took a while to get around my uni cycling my IP into one that's banned here.
Second, I never said that it didn't tarnish or corrode, just that it didn't *rust like iron* - that is, it can stay usable for lifetimes just by having your servants polish it regularly.

I, for one, am glad that they aren't!

wouldn't silver bullets not be very efficient in killing non-warewolves

I mean I know gold is not very good to make weapons out of but don't know if silver is the same way.

Unless you're shooting at a hard target, the only real qualification for a bullet is that it has to be able to withstand the heat of the powder explosion without melting.

Metallurgy is a big deal for bullet production, but if your target isn't wearing ballistic armor or anything, it doesn't actually matter that much.

So if I was a warewolf and wore armor I would be unstoppable

interesting

Good luck getting your measurements, better hope you are in control and a vampire doesn't just come up with a silver knife and shank you.

except that you're not immortal

and you only turn into a werewolf for a pathetic amount of time once per month

99% of the time you'd just be a dude with armor that you can't wear or carry

If Angua can manage it while living in industrial not-London, so can you.