Sci-Fi Insults

Help me brainstorm for my upcoming cyperpunk game, Veeky Forums. What are the best sci-fi insults you can come up with?

All I've got so far for futuristic slurs is "dollfucker". Pic related.

Cyranoic - Someone who is clearly repeating scripts written by online advice artists, or possibly getting direct advice on what to say from a live advice artist. 90% likely the advice artist was an algorithm.

>yes I saw blade runner

Splicer - Person who has splice in non-human DNA in his or her body
Chromedome - Person who has a overabundance of, or unnecessarily added, cybernetics
Sprawler - Generic derogative catch-all term for the underclass living in sprawling ghetto's

Jibber - Someone who never ever learned to speak any real language, because they were raised around people who used translation programs, or watching media auto-translated from many languages. They can't communicate at all without their own translation program, without it they just speak gibberish.

call people with cosmetic mods ken or barbie

Slike - Derogatory term for "outdated" AI machines.
(Best used with another word, like "You piece of slike filth.")

Professional - A term that evolved to ONLY be used in a sarcastic way.

kek - Derogatory term for a humanoid mutant. (I can't hover down the street without keks begging me for my government issued stim.)

Stimhead - Addict of a futuristic, life-altering drug. (Stim being an all-in-one medicine for mental disorders.)

It really isn't difficult, OP.

>help me brainstorm
just admit that you're going to steal the ideas in this thread and make a small benign change so that your brain justifies giving itself credit.

404s- People who's cybernetic brain enhancements got cooked, and took some of their sanity with it. Ranges from Charles Manon to feral.

Cogsucker- either someone with a robot fetish, or the robot themselves.

chop shop- a black market place where people buy/sell robot and cyborg parts, and install them.

Channer- NEETs who have reached the final stage of NEET-dom, hooked up to IV bags and do nothing but spend their time online. Will REEEE if internet is cut out, and may commit suicide if their Waifu hologram gets corrupted. May or may not be addicted to happenings, but will call normal news sources "fake and gay".

Gearqueer (adapted from /k/)- People who are desperate for the newest and "best". They spend way too much on tech. Can and will wait a week outside for the new iWatch 90XXL Persian Gold variant, only to sell it when the Midnight Sky variant (with early access iOS 206) comes out next month.

Windows/Vistas- People whos shit is hopelessly obsolete, usually the poors.

Nortons- people who are too stupid to have any sense of cybersecurity. These people will open emails with attachments, can't run anti-virus other than McAffee doing it for them, and respond to Nigerian Princes.

Moreaus: Furries who take their shit way too far to the point they identify as trans-species, grafting cybernetics or biological parts to them to make their body match their fursona.

I like these a lot

spam - nuisance, annoying person
patchwork, autopilot - using skill chips instead of learned skills
lard-drive, trained monkey, dog school - learning skills instead of using chips
wirenut - wanker, modding ones genitals, implication of inadequacy
datamine - unremarkable, inconsequential, normalfag, clueless, easy target
guest account - barely tolerated here, you are on thin ice, don't speak while important people are talking, amateur
trialhard - limited, retarded, someone using only freeware, cheap and shitty, being a cheapskate, annoying somebody else or slowing them down with your inhibitions

Schwarbage

Nothing will ever beat 'paleo-faggot'

Fuck you, I happen to be a proud robosexual

Frak you

What is it going to translate to idiot. You need to know atleast one language to communicate.

Robosexual - self explanatory

Spambot - annoying person who won't go away

AS - a stupid AI

Bing - Someone with all the answers, usually the wrong answers

Floppy disk - Someone who insists on using out of date hardware

Kusanagi - Someone who has become completely/ mostly robotic

alt+F4 - Brain dead, moron etc.

Terabyte - someone with bad memory (Depending on how advanced the setting is replace Tera- with a greater magnitude of bytes)

Techpreist - Someone with no idea how technology works

I hate this. Fuck will never die.

Bite my shiny metal ass

>Cogsucker

To be honest it was refreshing.
Fuck is used so much that it has lost its effect.
Frak you on the other hand is much more refreshing you frakkin toaster.

No it sounds fucking stupid.

You're a fucking idiot

Chromosexual/Chromo - someone with a robot/cyborg fetish. Many tend to hang around bars veterans and mercs are known to frequent since it often coincides with a lust for danger/desire to comfort a broken soul.

>90% of the posts are unusable garbage

good job adding a sci-fi term to a currently existing insult, fucking brainlets

wouldn't wanna hurt yourself by using your imagination eh

>present a subjective opinion
>no what you say on a subjective matter is wrong therefore your mental capacities are below average in my opinion

It sounds retarded, like an old-timey replacement for "naughty" words.

I like skinjob or skinner for people with augments/androids.

>using a language with all its ambiguities, vagueness and potential for misunderstanding
>not directly beaming concepts into your brain using a semantic infuser
Get a load of this guy.

>Meathead

Someone who doesn't have even brain implants. Because religion, too poor, too old. It's used for stupid people.

>(Everybody's) waifu

Someone (usually female but not necessarily) that has a dedicated AI algorithm (and the necessary implants, at least in meatspace) to look and sound, and smell etc. like the latest internet -whatever you call it- artificial sensation.

Something between slut and fake geek girl, but up to eleven, especially because said algorithms in "real" cases mess with your speech and even thinking.

>Julian or Apostate

Someone who cries for mankind (well, however you call it) to get the fuck out of this cyber-shit. While there are many genuine political visions that call for that (not particulary in line with each other, even) this one is used for people that actively try to make not only themselves but society do it. Think something between the guy who died in alaska in the wilderness and a street preacher. Usually the diss implants but it's not a given; while most would like to live outside of the sprawl many don't, and are the most pyschotic.

>Hermit crab

This is actually a real syndrome in the cyberfuture, and pretty serious, but the deregatory use is someone that uses fakes identities (in the flesh, but even on the net if it's too extreme) as a pose, without having people see who s/he really is, and changing them often.
Might be related to hikikomorism.

>Cronus
Someone who has a thinking algorithm that mess with his/her sexual desires, generally denying them. Used less for other desires but can happen. Truth to be told, the usage of eupyschic programs it's a pretty standard psycological "cure" (originally for real fuckups, then for simpler things like mild social anxiety) and not even particulary frowned upon, but here we're talking about extreme self-medication. Or just something like "don't be a cronus" for stuck ups.
Named for the god who cut off his own genitals.

Really like the jibber. Distopic as fuck.

Supermassive faggot begone.

>trash
>vastly unoriginal
>doesn't know how translators work
This isn't bad. I'd just call all of em barbies though.
points for originality, but you lost all credibility with the stimhead thing. Adding a word to "head" and calling it an insult is elementary school playground shit.
literally just references. unclever, unfunny references.
mostly all terms that already have a purpose
>trialhard
>guest account
don't know what's sadder. that you either tried and failed or didn't bother trying at all?
I lol'd just imagining the look of "the fuck did you call me" after calling somebody schwarbage.
>fuck you, i happen to be a proud unoriginal faggot
leave and never return
>bing
>terabyte
>floppy disk
>terabyte
So if someone wanted to use a floppy disk you'd call him a floppy disk with a floppy disk?
That's fucking stupid and you should feel bad.
>fuck has lost it's effect
So using a hollow copy of it has more effect?
It's supposed to be insults, user.
>90%
I think you mean 99.

Welcome to Veeky Forums, where your opinion is shit and the facts don't matter

>presents a subjective opinion
>has subjective opinions thrown back
>is offended

Maybe stay off the internet if you can't use basic logic my dude.

>55990619

didn't read

>Cogster
Someone obsessed with having the latest in cybernetic technology.

yeah... no one cares.

>>trash

>implying this isn't already a thing and implying it doesn't need a good insult for when it's more obvious

>>doesn't know how translators work

>doesn't know how languages work

fuck will never die you fucking fuckity fuckfaced, fuck who fucks fuckers fucking fuckholes, so fuck off you fucking fuckhue from fuckganistan

>having insults be so ridiculously specific when other words do the exact same thing

these days we call people who mindlessly follow direction they're given "SHEEP". Pretty simple term that already exists and covers a wider range.

>thinks gibberish is a language
how about a dictionary, my dude.

In many ways, the work of a critic is easy. We risk very little, yet enjoy a position over those who offer up their work and their selves to our judgment. We thrive on negative criticism, which is fun to write and to read. But the bitter truth we critics must face, is that in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so.

>these days we call people who mindlessly follow direction they're given "SHEEP". Pretty simple term that already exists and covers a wider range.

So what do we call the people who are directly following a script provided by a PUA type? Or the ones who are following live direction from a PUA type? The future is mostly bullshit like that.

>how about a dictionary, my dude.

Think about it for even a second longer, chick.

So I grow up with a dictionary of random words from random languages, what do I mean when I make the sound 'turbo'?

And your grand suggestions?

Hitachi: someone with a cybernetic penis; usually used to imply inadequate original parts.
ROMster: someone who has too large of an emergency backup on hard media, used to describe paranoid people.
Cloud-head: someone who doesn't know stuff and has to look up everything.
Rock-head: someone who has a good memory (or thinks they do) and refuses to look things up for confirmation.
Wal-part: someone with very cheap or disfunctional cybernetics.
Screenophile: someone who
A: prefers 2D over 3D.
B: prefers screens over holograms.
C: is sexually aroused by big screens.
Gogo gad-fag/Gogo-Get-Fat: a person who believes that every Problem they encounter can be solved with cybernetics.
Towel: someone who is
A: weak willed (lets others use him).
and B: doesn't like to do dirtywork.
and C: has to do dirtywork anyways.
Also used: dishrag.
Tissue/paper towel: same as towel/dishrag, but refers to young females who have just begun their career in the oldest buissness of them all.
Prosto-tute: A prostitute with "performance enhancing" cybernetics.
Sanic: someone with the compulsive desire to upgrade to the fastest possible PC, even though they barely require that much computational power.
Festi-vulture: someone who sells drugs at festivals or parties for an enournous extra price.
Vacuumer: stupid person with an eating disorder.
0: an unhelpfull person/piece of advice.
DiscJockey: Someone who prefers hardware solutions over software solutions.
Smoothie: Someone who prefers software solutions over hardware solutions.

Bogus
Crash
Duppy
Grodaceous
Surge-monkey
Toaster
Major stamped!

the Grodaceous, Surge-monkey was Major, stamped!

80's cyberpunk, best cyberpunk.

Backdoor: a faggot
Pair of jeans: someone who is extraordinarily boring/normal.
Mil-slurper/Mil-sLARP: someone who buys military surplus and likes to brag about it.
Alarm clock: someone who organizes their day according to a very well regulated scedule, often down to the seconds it take for their toast to be toasted. Will REEEE if it takes slightly too long or too short.
Printer: someone with very nice handwriting.
Drill-: someone who likes to shout at people. Based on Drill-Sergeant, but without the rank.
Shut-out: someone who likes to tell other people to shut up.
Fileophile: someone who neatly sorts all of their files into folders.

Fuark rules.

Bean-can - Metal on the outside, squishy bits on the inside.
Sim - Someone who's copying someone else's style, look or has no individuality.
Berk- Someone without a clue
Obbjob - Someone with outdated or obsolete tech.
Neo - Someone who's trying way too hard to be cool.
Smeghead - self explanatory.
Reboot - Someone who's suddenly taken an interest in tech.

>Asimov, Murphy or Positronic

A cop, ronin, or even a corporate, with loyalty/ethical programs. The joke here is that these laws aren't exactly like in yer olde Robot Cycle, but to be fair this is one might have an air of respect or admiration ("Jesus, have you seen that Asimov? A fucking RPG an he didn't flinch!")

>Pygmalion

It's no wonder that in the not-so-remote future sexbots/IA are commonplace, and that society is starting to accept them (even the corps don't want you to kill yourself over your JOI, so there are some failsafe measures in the AI that can let you enjoy the thing before you're too dependent on it).
But these dudes (and dudettes, more women than you could imagine)? These are the nutcatses that spend half of their money on the best chassis, the best AI, the best dream-reading programs to have their heavenly mate.

>Tetsuo
In a world of self-driving vehicles, someone obssessed with taking the wheel. Especially in not lawful or safe ways.

>Bastian, Carter, Dorothy, Subaru, Alice, Hitomi

Someone who willfully trapped himself in DBIPRPG (Direct-Brain Interface Personalized Role-Playing Game). As with the sexbots, this is NOT something the corps like and they take pains to let it be as difficult to do as possible, but even in the cyberfuture, it's a worrying societal trend (as it is, if done right, the most blissful suicide: it's considered unethical to terminate them, so their fanastic and heroic "life" goes).
As an insult, it can be used for someone who simply spends too much time and/or emotions into it. "Kazuto" is the term for someone that goes on and on in these worlds not really trying to do it, but preteding he does.

>Musk or Sully

Someone obsessed with the interplanetary colonization programs, especially the terraforming ones. Worst cases spend a metric fuckton of money to download the most accurate direct sensorial inputs from the probes or the people working extra-earth to "feel right there".

Like the Neo and the Fileophiple.

>cracker jack
21st century cognate: junkie
a robot/cybernetically enhanced human who gets high by plugging in to cheap, street-bought harddrives loaded with unsafe software. Developed from 'crack' (cocaine derived drug) and 'jack' (electronic device).

>pre-alpha
21st century cognate: retard
play on the old term 'alpha male' (or less commonly, 'alpha female'). Originally applied only to robots and cyborgs, implying that their cognitive software is extremely primitive/unfinished, it is now in general use.

>Chinaware
no exact 21st century cognate
overpriced and easily breakable software and computer hardware. Play on the old term for Chinese porcelain. Originated after the transition of China's economy from low-level manufacturing to high-end manufacturing and design, when China began to compete in the same areas as more advanced economies but without any updating of consumer protection standards or quality control. Eventually started to be applied to people; rough 21st century cognate 'special snowflake (insult)'.

>tricklet
The inferior partner in a three person romantic engagement. Similar to 'cuckold', but not synonymous as 'cuckold' carries the assumption that all such couplings are unequal and dishonourable. 'Tricklet' also carries connotations of deception, either on the part of the other two in the relationship or self-deception on the part of the 'tricklet'. Etymology obscure, but probably a portmanteau of 'trick' and 'triplet'; theorised that first usage began with men who hired prostitutes to satisfy their romantic partner, hence 'trick' in the sense of prostitute's customer, and when it transitioned to mainstream use the meanings of 'trick' became confused.

see also, phrase: 'poly want a cracker?'.

>nong
Trashy, low class, poor. Adopted straight from Chinese; original meaning 'peasant'.

>Druid or Merlin

Someone obsessed with life taking back the sprawl. In the literal sense, we're not talking here about the mainstream political positions that endorse it, the corps trying to let at least SOME plants grow on the skyscrapres or even the religious/messianic meanings attached to that.
We're talking about dudes that implant brain-jacks on feral cats and spend a week connected to them to "become" a beast, or experiment with the infamous worm-implants on their own body.

>Gendou

A) Member of a religious or pseudoreligious organization that assumes the merging of humans and posthumans' consciences on the brain-direct net would achieve enlightenment and/or the absence of suffering (because every weakness would be supplement by a strenght). While this was born as a insult (the members usually use "sheperds" if they need an encompassing name) it's not really used much in life, execpt when decrying their terrorist acts ("those fucking Gendous' memehacked kids again!").
B) Derived from A, someone that has no borderline between private and social media life, especially people that stream their own id-neural fluxes.

>Shirow

Someone that sexually fetishes (usually to the -implied- point of having no other attraction) military and paramilitary uniforms, cyborg chassis or even AI weapons.

>shyte
portmanteau of 'shit' and 'byte'. Started as slang for heavily corrupted software, down to the level of individual bytes. Extended to any example of poor work in an electronic format (note: this is more specific than simply using 'shit', as 'shyte' implies that the recipient could run a magnet over the harddrive and the resulting hexadecimal garbage would still be just as useful. A poorly built hovercar and a jargon-loaded email can both be 'shit', but only the latter can be 'shyte').

>fragged
mentally unstable. Original usage confined to robots/cyborgs, in the sense of file fragmentation.

>fake-hip-ster
old person (i.e. someone old enough to require artificial hip-bones) who doesn't realise that what was popular in their generation isn't popular anymore

>cunter
person who acts like a cunt

>worm
21st c. cognate: 'rat'
Someone who informs on their friends; developed from 'worm' in the sense of invasive software.

>nuflu
An annoying person who is extremely hard to get rid of in social situations. Portmanteau of 'nu-male' and 'flu' (contagious disease). Originated with the term 'new flu', a popular term applied to the RedBaby computer virus when it reached its height, and subsequent widespread computer virus outbreaks; a reference to the fact that they were becoming as endemic and hard to get rid of as biological influenza.

Usage Example: 'Here comes Barry. Shit, make it seem like we're talking about something important, or he'll start trying to talk me into coming along to iCon again.', 'No way man, I'm out of here. Just because you've got the nuflu doesn't mean I have to catch it.'

>scool
21st c. cognate: lame
'school cool' - i.e. something that schools try to convince their students is socially popular, e.g: 'it's cool not to use drugs'. Used with sarcastic inflection, following a statement which the speaker hopes will be answered with 'cool', with inflection that could be mistaken for 'it's cool' but is clear from context.

Great taste

Genejoke - someone with fucked up genetic modifications or alternately, no modifications in a society rife with them
Slutbot or Hobot - self explanatory
Moddy (from Effinger's When Gravity Fails) - people who wear plug-in personality modules. Pop in a James Bond moddy, you're 007 for as long as it's in. Ditto for Kim Kardashian, Trump, whoever you want to be.

>Frak
No. But for me, 'fugg' just seems to work. Probably spurdo's fault.

>Instawanker

Someone who (without the recipent's knowledge) uses sensory distorsion on his perceived vision (or hearing, etc.) of the partner's body, especially during sex.

>Demolition Man or Dem

Someone that behaves like he's just woken up from cryostatis, either because he's not totally here yet ("are you with me dem? I need you awake and thinking") or he's not up to the news.

>Doge

Either the owner of or the actual drone of a unbearably "cutesy" artificial animal with a relative degree of intelligence and (often repetetive) vocabulary.

>Heather

Someone (dangerous, especially massively cyberpowered soldeirs and the like) that is affected by the cyberpsycological hypersymbolic syndrom or CPHS (which makes you confuse sensorial stimuluses and "rewrite" the world you perceive as a dark surreal drama in which you need to "explore" your inner self).
Generally used in a sarcastic way to imply the person is overreacting ("what are you gonna do now Heather, shoot the car?").

>Kobold

Mindless corporate office worker, loyal to the company and relatively sharp, but with destructive temper (usually let out in larger groups).
Used with terms like "dragon" for the boss, "dungeon" for the company and the like.

Like the tricklet.

Ferengi - someone who charges a micro-fee for accessing their online profile.

Cloudcuckoolander - someone who relies entirely on free at point of use internet services.

Son of a glitch - the offspring of a mistake

Nigger

Cogcuck - Obsessed with AIs to the point of spurning other organic beings
Throwback - Someone without any modifications
Frankenstein - Someone with an abundance of biological enhancements
Pink Goo - Derogatory term by AIs for Humanity at large
Spare Parts - Derogatory term for clones
The Walking Lead - Derogatory term for cybernetically-enhanced individuals or groups as a whole
Chip Kiddie - Rich teens with expensive cyberware who think it makes them badasses
Pinocchio - AIs who act needlessly Human or may present themselves as Human
Sim Lifer - A NEET who lives extraneously via life simulators and the internet
Null - Insulting term for someone who has lived without a computer or other such technology, such as someone from an uncontacted tribe

rigger

Shazbot.

Some shitty fucking AI that took over earth and pushed everyone else out into the far reaches of hte galaxy.

Fuck those guys dude.

-grabs disc launcher-

nerf herder seems to be pretty durable

this is good

also, cogsucker and chromosexual work. An insult doesn't become popular because of how clever it is, but how well it rolls off the tongue.

>splicer
In addition to that,
Canner –person who has artificial parts in his body
Scripted – designer baby; parents picked and chose genes they wanted rather than let healthy processes reign
Reported for autism. No one gives a fuck about you or what you think.

Man, that's so low res

> In the far future the word Nigger has completely lost it's original meaning and is used as a catch-all insult for everything

(You)

Oh shit, honky, what are you doing?

Meatbrain - someone with zero mentally-connected augments

Vaitie - Originally 'whitey' after whites became a minority in 2050, after the Righful Purge (where whites where exterminated) it morphed into the current form, most don't remember the original meaning (due to lacking IQ, and zero white people around)

Sorry

>Kusanagi
Ok Aaron Diaz

>Moreaus

What is the origin of this term?

The Island of Dr. Moreau.

Turned animals into hybrid human-animals.

Turned out badly for everyone involved.

I'll try my hand at this.

Junker
"Did you hear Dennis actually plugged those burnt out flash drives to his holocoat? Man, what a junker!"
Sci-fi equivalent of cogfop, a person who thinks gluing broken down technology to his clothes makes them look futuristic. May also be...

Boltie
"Pulse in hell, boltie."
Wannabe cyborg. Basically fursuiters except with robots.

Adminbus
"Bloody hell, our new landlord drives a mean adminbus. Just yesterday she banned everyone on the TG club for 'subversive hobbies'!"
Primarily used on those who abuse their administrative privileges to harm the community.

Matter
"It is the year 3079 and yet you matters persist in filthy organic form instead of embracing virtual/luminous/vocal perfection."
If ascension is a thing, ascended energy beings could use this as an insult towards physical life forms.

Mekkie
"How's ya legs, mekkie? Oh wait - you don't have any!"
Mainly for physically invalid people who use mechanical prosthetics or outright mini mechs to function as normal.

Blackhole
"Stop being such a blackhole, you're giving me the zaps!"
Anyone who's too attentive and curious. See: A black hole of information.

Tuffie
"Hey, tuffie, help me load these freight containers to the cargo bay!"
Overly buff and muscular individual, probably also somewhat lanky.
Mostly used for heavy worlders and those who intentionally use spaceships with faulty or nonexistent g-force negator systems to train their bodies while travelling.

ToyX
"Hey, toyboy, momma's looking to play again."
Toyboy or Toygirl, people who turned to cybernetics to retain a given body style/shape for sexual purposes.

Mods
"Oh shit it's the mods! Hide the torrents!"
If virtual reality internet is a thing, mods is a slang derogatory towards police moderators scouring the internet for illegal data.

Amazon
"Sam, where the fuck did you get this amazon, Tellus?"
Modern term for ignoble savage. Mostly confined to not!Japanese however.

(cont.)

And one more for good measure.

Everbabby
"You have to use your hands? What an everbabby!"
Anyone using archaic manual technology. Guess where this came from?

>not what the frack am I watching

You had your chance, user. You failed

Botistic

Just put cyber and techno in-between other insults you cyberfaggot

Bob. Refrences a baseline human, after the popular superbright children's book.