Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1820: Black Frost Is Best Demon Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

parahumans.wordpress.com/2017/10/21/glowworm-p-1/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Disu.

.. should be a thread waifu

They aren't already?

I don't there's been a vote held on the subject, don't want to speak for the majority

*think
Goddamn, I hate typing faster than I can [above word]

Jumpers, who is the best ghost companion?

Yeah I know what you mean, I do that too sometimes. Also have my vote.

I still think you're cool DiSu

Does anyone have a chain going where your jumper isn't a god-like being that can murder satans by farting in their direction, and makes love to their harem of waifus every night, and is super richa nd powerful and way better than any other jumper ever?
Tell me about your jumpers who still struggle to beat the odds, twenty jumps in.

That's why we voted without you. Disu is the new thread waifu.

I have the opposite problem, I think so fast that I assume I've typed down everything I've thought, so I end up missing parts of what I mean to type.

That's ice of you, Ricrod.

Why the fuck would I be that level of pleb.

Any other jumpers extending their chains for as long as they can because there's spark scenario that would be climactic enough?

>black demon

I'm going with the cute ghost girl in Ravenloft

>there's no spark scenario
fuck

My chain starts out very slow, ten jumps in still street level. Just Spiderman powers and marksmanship. Mostly focusing on any jumps that offer survivability with minimal danger and quality of life perks/items.

Not 20 in yet, but 7 in and still perfectly capable of getting in over my head even WITH two potential one-ups per jump.

No harem, either. Of my three companions, one has no sex drive to speak of and the other two are both of incompatible orientations.

No, my problem is that I lose interest and start a new chain after a maximum of twenty or so jumps.

Yes.

Originally my plans for an end jump were going to be the Dungeons the Dragoning jump Digger had in planning. Had to be something that challenged jumper in all things, all factors, not just combat.

with Digger quitting, no longer the case.

Is there a master list for all the power sharing / stealing / copying perks?

So far I've got,

Shin Megami Tensi 1 - Sacrificial Bestowment - Power Share / Copy
The Avengers Earth's Mightiest Heroes - Empower Heralds - Power Sharing
Ghost Rider - Deal With The Devil - Power Sharing / Stealing
Aquaria - Song of Triumph - Form / Power Copy / Steal
The God Of Highschool - Greed - Power Stealing
Generic Virtual World - Data Drain - Aspect Copy
Jorge Joestar - Ultimate Lifeform - Power / Technique Copy
Ranma 1/2 - Copycat Technique - Technique Copy
Overlord (Series) - Dark Wisdom - Magic Copy
The Legend of Zelda - Mimic - Technique / Magic Copy
Final Fantasy Tactics Advance - Blue Mage - Magic Copy
Final Fantasy 8 - Blue Magic - Magic Copy
Final Fantasy 10 - Lancet - Magic Copy
Final Fantasy 11 - Blue Mage - Magic Copy

Kirby has Copy Hat

Anyone have a copy of that Yandere Jump?

I've already planned to go for the lazy spark (Darksiders), but i can't decide what to do/where to go once time resumes in the worlds i've visited before so i just keep jumping.
I don't even care about the powers anymore and i've been to every setting i've wanted to visit that has a jump.

I just can't stop myself from procrastinating even in my escapism fantasy.

Skill Book Creation from Generic Isekai allows power sharing, it is the Isekai definition of skills which includes powers.

Same jump also has Skill Sharing which lets you steal or copy one power from anyone you kill or thoroughly beat the shit out of.

I think Kirby has the Copy Hat?

Also, Katanagatari has one, but you might want to grab the Wild Man 400cp, because using the powers you copy puts a strain on you, apparently, and that 400cp perk helps you deal with it.

You Are Never Alone (Kingdom Hearts) and Lip Service (Medaka Box).
The Diablo 1+2 jump has one too in the warrior origin iirc.

So is that Campione jump being made or were people just talking about it?

Is Gacha from Generic Isekai the best perk for spawning enemies to grind for exp (for our various kill-based leveling systems)?

>just talking about it
This one.

Someone (I want to say Blade) was working on one, but there hasn't been any update in a long while so it's probably best to assume that it's not happening.

Well they are loyal to you so that seems like a waste of potentially waifuable gacha rolls. Better would be Instant dungeons from the Gamer.

Worm's got Shard Administration, which lets you hand off some or all of one or more powers. You lose access to what you grant while they have it but gain the benefit of any training they did with it upon its return.

Do we have any perks for making the speed of your projectiles scale to your own speed? I'm well past light speed now, and I'd like for ranged combat to still be viable compared to zipping over, punching a guy, then getting out of range of their counter before they can throw it.

Great, thanks.

Is The Gamer ability really all that overpowered? I hear people say that its easily abused, but I've never given it much thought desu

Blade dropped his claim I think.

Not exactly, Illusion Barriers don't need the Gamer power so if you have your own separate EXP system you could just make your own Dungeon to farm monsters in. It is a fairly common practice for creating training rooms in the Abyss.

Nah. The BEST is actually in Generic Dungeon Builder. Your minions in the dungeon will respawn over time on their own. After that, just buy the option that allows your dungeon to quickly reach the size that it was in previous jumps so that it keeps going up in power each jump (as opposed to resetting), and just go to the bottom floor/the furthest floor down you can get to and beat on your minions.

Because they're automatically loyal to you, respawn, and go up in power the deeper into the dungeon you go with no upper limit, they make perfect training partners.

Good, his jumps are terrible.

>The God Of Highschool - Greed - Power Stealing
There's also Mind-Reading from the same jump. There's another stealing option in Bleach's Arrancar section... wanna say "condiscia" or something like that? Merging + Aspect Manifestation from German Hollow Quest does something similar. Some more for copying: Really Wild Adventure from KonaSuba, and The System from Generic Isekai.

Reposting Idolmaster 1.1 imaged and text. Feedback and requests appreciated!

Konata, beating up your loyal minions for XP isn't very nice.

The Gamer power is really just a good growth perk with some added RPG mechanics. It is really good but not really overpowered in the context of the chain.

I'm sure all the jumps you've made are much better. Remind me, what jumps have you made?

It's not as overpowered as people seem to think, but it is very useful all the same. The biggest advantages it gives you, in my opinion, are the ability to eat skill books for instant learning (though you need to meet stat requirements) and the ability to grind away at learning a skill instead of having actual learning going on. Like, if you were really learning swordsmanship, you'd have to be constantly having learning experiences as you realize the optimal stances and strikes and parries and what not. With The Gamer, you can just keep swording without putting any thought into it, and you'll get better so long as you fill up the skill's XP bar.

So asking again as I only got one answer and it was GUNNM nanomachines. Which I do not know much about sadly.

I want to use the Susanoo Unit from Blazblue as my main body but are there any perks out there that would let it evolve, adapt, or upgrade on its own? Like 'No Mere Machine' from Nier: Automata for example, or atleast I think it would work anyway.

You could also use upgrade on the random animals and plants you find and then fight them.

You could do it to an ant queen or something so that you have an endless supply of superpowered ants. With perks you can always find a way to make your own fun/monsters.

No, that would probably be Eternal Corridor from Jade Cocoon, or Item World from Disgaea. They already innately allow you to choose how strong the (effectively limitless) enemies you face will be, but Difficulty Levels from Phantasy Star Online would allow you to adjust them even further.

Omega Self-Evolution from X-Men Movies? That only makes it evolve in response to danger, so to get certain traits you might have to do some weird training montages, but it also lets you dismiss and recall any adaptations you've acquired at will. So you don't have to worry about becoming over-adapted for certain situations, or of your evolution discarding useful traits in favor of new ones. You could put away your aquatic combat set when you leave the water and have it back the moment you need it again.

Don't know what this is and haven't read it but it looks beautiful so I probably will some time soon.

You could use a core drill to plug it full of Spiral Energy from Gurren Lagann I guess.

Good job, this is one of the most aesthetically pleasing jumps I've seen. Really nice work.

You know the note in the Jump about skills levelling up? What does sword fighting/melee evolve into at level 100?

Go to EVO: Search for Eden. Get Evolution Energy.
Go to God of War. Get Forge of Souls + Titan's Blood.

Turn Evolution Energy into a metallic substance, begin smelting it into the right shapes you need, incorporate it into the Susanoo Unit.

>Is The Gamer ability really all that overpowered?
In the setting yes, not due to being the strongest in the setting (there are some seriously powerful people in that world such as the Harem King) but because he was able to become a major player in just a few months compared to his friends who spent years training and are now slightly weaker than him.

In the chain not at all, there are some jumps that would give you better growth than the Gamer power just by going there, it is probably the best jump for applying video game mechanics to reality though.

I think of it as less "beating them up" and more like "training DBZ style". They're super loyal! You just 'port yourself down there and scream "WHO WANTS TO TRAIN" and they'll be lining up!

... anyway, I actually got that from DBAnon himself. I haven't come across anything that scales as well as that, though.
Personally, I just make use of "you get realworld experience for playing videogames" perks.
Training is boring.

So for the Founder Tech Contract in Cortex Command what do you actually get? It says setting so do you get the Tech of every race in that setting? Or choose one? Thanks in advance.

No idea. Ji-Han has a mage build, so there aren't any canon example of melee prestige skills. I'd imagine the basic Sword Mastery skill would just start increasing other stats as well as weapon damage, so maybe attack speed would level up, as well. Skills that represent specific iconic moves in your sword style would probably gain new qualities that build off of or synergize well with their effects. Like maybe a skill that represents a really effective parry would start letting you redirect attacks into enemies, or something like that. Or one that's a powerful swing would gain an armor penetration bonus to more easily do damage against durable foes. Something like that.

Apologies it says jump not setting. But even that that isn't all that specific.

If you wanted to be safe just assume a single faction or something. Plenty there anyway.

I'm totally fine with just one faction. It was more trying to work out if you got to choose the faction than anything else. Cheers.

I love the premise of Xenoglossia. It's just so very anime.

>"Hey, what should we make the plot be for the next installment of our show about idol singers?"
"I'm thinking we give them giant robots, make them fight the moon."
>"You mean fight aliens from the moon?"
"NO. Fight. The. Moon."

>Feedback and requests appreciated!
If this is the same as the last post, here is the commentary I made last time you never responded to
You have 300 CP perks, which discount to 150 CP, as well as a 150 CP Barbies Malibu Dream House (I may be paraphrasing the name)

You need more 50 CP stuff.
Some things that are definitely overpriced and good 50 CP candidates
>Puchi-jumper
>Theme Song
Those are prime examples of 50 CP gachas.

Also, you could add a choice to choose your location for 50 CP, anyplace in the world, is you wanted to be a South Korean Idol (they exist, right) or a Paris Idol or something.

Some things that are borderline expensive and could be price dropped to have more 50 CP stuff.
>Producer
could be 50 CP
>Idol
could be 100 CP. It looks like the cost here is not for special abilities not covered by perks, be because of companion imports that come with the background. And it looks like the companion stuff it a bit expensive also. You could slash all the non free companion option prices in half, and their cost would still be fair and in line with other jumps.

>Cash Money – 50
This is a bit generic for an Idol jump. You could make this Residuals, or earnings placed in a trust fund or something. Instead of a lump sum of 1 million Yen, have every 50 CP spent here get you a recurring 100,000 yen every month.

TLDR, half the cost of the non free companion related options, and more 50 CP stuff.

Let me guess: The moon exists to stop a greater threat and/or was wrong by humans long ago and is also a metaphor for nature's wrath?

Jumpers with a game-style skill display, do your skills have icons? What do they look like? Do they all have the same aesthetic?

Question Valeria. For Fallen Goddess from Knosuba is there a way to limit the burn/kill effects of your bodily fluids? Don't want to kill my demon/angel companion by accident due to a kiss.

Also, this is one of the best imaged jumps I have seen visually, very old school. Kudos.
CCDT and Tophat should be proud, and Valeria should weep.

Oh shut the fuck up already.

Your proprietary blend of cheerful amorality and pragmatism makes me feel funny things, Konata.

Very Nice!

As a first jump would being a Servant with A-Ranked Rune Magic or High Speed Divine Words be more useful?

Which Fate? Are you the master? If not who is your master?

Rune Magic is better for offense. HSDW is better for utility.

>first jump

Rune magic is better at getting things done here and now. Using Rune Magic he blows up Medusa, Archer Alter and a weakened Saber Alter-all people who could take down Medea in her temple head on.

>he

Caster Cu in the Grand Order OVA, that is. And in game he's one of the crappier Servants, too.

Looks great.

>A Kind of Magic
Does this make the abilities prettier in any way or increase your skill in performing with them, or does it just remove the non-decorative effects?

Fate/Extra. Master is the protagonist for plot armor. Also did not take the CCC drawback because i want to live.

Rune Magic it is then. Thank you anons.

If you want to start off with runic magic and similar things, why not just start in Viking Saga?

Manyfist, Is it possible to import other ships into the GL:TAS ships?

Jumps with schools (including stuff like martial arts sects) up for purchase? Right now I've got the Rival School from Majikoi, the Academy of Evil from Crash Bandicoot, the Infinite Jumper Academy from Infinite Stratos, and the Proper Facilities from Kamen Rider Neo-Heisei P2, but I haven't exactly gone through the entire drive.

HSDW. Rune Magic is stronger but less versatile, requiring you to draw runes and combine them to create specific effects. HSDW is literally just you ordering reality around like an attack dog. At A-rank (the same as Medea) you're throwing around High Thaumaturgy level Magecraft with speed and effort comparable to Single Action spells. Meaning that you're tossing around spells equivalent to some of the most advanced things that modern Magecraft can accomplish with the same effort that Rin uses to cast Gandr.

I'd assume that has a lot to do with the fact that Cu is a fucking badass with a ton of combat, whereas Medea... is not.

>Rune magic is better at getting things done here and now
That seems backwards, though? Runes require, y'know, runes. While HSDW seems to just work off of will or something.

Off the top of my head:
The Avengers
Kingdom Come (iirc)
Overlord (combat school)

Some of the xianxia jumps are likely to have dojo-type stuff.

Soul Eater has a city that you can own a school in. Miss Kobayashi’s Dragon Maid has Nobody Kanna Cross It Elementary School. Baka to Test has Jumper’s Academy. Noblesse has Ye Jump.

Yeah but, he's literally just blowing them up. The most combat stuff he does in the fights is dodging, and Medea already does a lot of that by flying, teleporting everywhere etc.

And yet, Medea's the one who shoots a bunch of beams anyone who's anyone just sort of runs through and stabs her. While Cu just waves at Medusa until enough explosions destroy her, uses some sort of magical gate to crush Archer and summons a giant wicker man he sets on fire to gid rid of Saber Alter.

Even if he has more and more combat-related Noble Phantasms, the difference in performance is /staggering/ considering Medea could be briefly stalemated just from regular Saiba and a subpar master on a bad day.

They both work quickly enough that you only need to say/spell things out for complicated stuff, and things like small explosions can be done at a wave of the hand.

But so far, all the major things done with HSDW involve temples and magical artifact creation whereas Scathach can create a beach episode with a wave of her hand. This includes modifying the abilities of other Servants to be beach-themed.

This is balanced by the fact that when someone with HSDW has preptime, they blow Runes out of the water. Medea Lily has a pocket dimension populated by sentient magical dolls, and can turn a weakened pillar demon into an infinite pancake.

parahumans.wordpress.com/2017/10/21/glowworm-p-1/

So, Worm_user's probably going to kill himself with Worm 2 coming up.

>kill himself

Don't speak to me or my waifu again you bully

Ah, I didn't see that. Okay, sure.

>Puchi-jumper
>Theme Song
>Those are prime examples of 50 CP gachas.
Sure, that seems reasonable. I can also drop the price of Magic Metabolism to 150 to give the jumper more 150 options.

>Also, you could add a choice to choose your location for 50 CP, anyplace in the world, is you wanted to be a South Korean Idol (they exist, right) or a Paris Idol or something.
Good point, I forgot to add the option to pay 50 to choose your location manually. Mentioning that you could choose a place outside Japan is something I could also do, but that'd lead to a mostly OC jump because we don't hear much about idols outside of Japan (and South Korea who got a port of the mobile game, I think?)

>Producer could be 50 CP
>Idol could be 100 CP.
Seems fine, sure.

>You could slash all the non free companion option prices in half, and their cost would still be fair and in line with other jumps.
OK. Plus it would give more 50 and 150 CP options.

>have every 50 CP spent here get you a recurring 100,000 yen every month.
This seems like the easiest way to rework that, so I'll do this.

Thanks for the feedback, it's greatly appreciated!

>Does this make the abilities prettier in any way or increase your skill in performing with them, or does it just remove the non-decorative effects?
It turns your abilities into performance arts if they weren't before. It removes the non-decorative effects, and gives those abilities a bit of special effects flair if they didn't have any before. As long as your intent is to entertain other people, you just use your abilities as normal and they become performance art.

How is he supposed to know whether or not he's addressing you in future? Maybe you should namefag

To put this in perspective: Emiya's reality marble is fully activated by a 10 count aria. While Divine Words are not nearly as focused as a Sword Incarnation with an alien mindset, it is on the same level of power and interference with the World.

>Medea could be briefly stalemated just from regular Saiba
The Saber class itself tends towards high magic resistance. That's like saying that a minigun is useless in an infantry battle because somebody else brought a tank.

Look, man. Wildbow's already a pain in the ass to work around, and Worm_user's passion for /jc/ as a whole has been on the decline. This sequel's going to be a breaking point, unfortunately.

Yeah but again Caster Cu took down EMIYA Alter and Saber Alter. Both also have high magic resistance, and in theory are generally buffer than their regular counterparts even if they're also dumber and Saber was already a little battered from Mashu reflecting her own Edgecaliblast

>Scathach can create a beach episode with a wave of her hand
Is this canon? Could I do this with the Primordial Rune skill?

Why do you keep pretending you're not the shitposter venting your wishful thinking?

Yep, it was one of the F/GO summer events.

And yep, that's her Skill alright.