Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cDfj_286I7s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Make your decision before opening this

Did I ask to go hog wild? No? I didn't?

Then don't tell me what to do. Thanks.

Where's Sombra and Zarya in this list?
Also Rosanon, if you're reading this, requesting a Danganronpa cyoa

Reposted because I feel like this is something the author of Eldritch Bloodlines needs to pay attention to:

Yeah, Hedge Magic is pretty gimped. I mean, the ritualists can do some pretty awesome things, especially with the summons, but it takes a lot of time and resources.

Hedge mages are written as the type of mage who can use many different kinds of trinkets easily and on the go (and directly, without relying on anyone else), but so many of their spells are tied into REALLY FUCKING HEAVY OR UNWIELDY OBJECTS.

I feel like the author has very little idea of just how much 50 or 80 kilograms actually is.

Like, if you wanted to use both the gold rod and the shield at the same time (or at least carry them on your person if you're about to get into a fight or expecting trouble), then that's fucking 130kg.

Like, what the heck? A full fucking suit of medieval armor could weigh 50kg, but that shit is distributed all over your entire body, which means that no single part or muscle of your body has to lift 50kg by itself. The Void Shield and the golden Dominate Mind staff are so fucking unwiedly it's not even funny.

What kind of musclewizards are Hedge Mages supposed to be?!

>Ancient hourglass, tears of joy and a Sphinx's claw
>Parrot

>perfect leader
>manipulating is easy
>no one can lie to me
>everyone believes what I say
That last part is by far one of my most favorite powers. All in all I'm satisfied. The idea of making up total lies and everyone being forced to agree is hilarious.
>That's a nice green shirt Hank
>user it's blue...
>Nope! It's green
>Well shit user you're right. Could've sworn I put on a blue shirt

>TFW you can't exploit the Void shield repulsion phenomenon to propel yourself towards your enemies and go RULES OF NATURE on them with your Gale blade because it's too fucking heavy

You can make that, though. It's not forbidden.
Very unique plan, user.
What the hell are you planning to do with those six souls, though? That's a lot of them.
Worst Disgaea (aside from Girl Laharl) but I commend your creativity with the entrance.
I'll leave it up to you. I'd say yes, since it was born of your hard work. Just think about whether it's "fair" or not.
I'm glad my thoughts on the sports section were validated.

Reposting 'cause autoupdate autoupdated too late.
I dropped a WIP a while ago.

Appreciate it user! Can we post feedback here?

I got those Halloween Vibes

Maybe you should praise Dagon and wear a girdle.

I'd rather have it all in one thread, but I guess that as long as you quote that post up there, it's OK.
Dunno how happy will the rest of the thread be about that though

>This is still a Lovecraftian inspired world. Hedge Mages aren't superheros do-gooding around or soloing abominations. They have access to trinkets that afford them abilities but it isn't free nor easy.

I would if i could afford the SAN loss

The joys of being youthful are long gone for all of us here. What do you guys do during Halloween?

I'd like to do an extra DLC page for this, but my ghost images were near-depleted in its creation. Maybe later, if I can find the pictures. Likely not this week.

Other pages?

I'm aware that there's a crappy work-around, but that's only in areas with a lot of flowing water, and the Girdle has problems of its own (it's permanently active, rather than something that can be turned on and off, and it's pretty fragile when you consider what sort of materials it's made from).

I don't like going on /trash/ but if its easier for you ...

>Says this as the dolls can shit fire and ice stop time and propel themselves with bursts of wind

I can only imagine this same thing being stated on a freemage webform, and having a smug anime girl posted with it.

Yeah, but YOU are NOT the doll. That was the Free Mages brilliant work-around to both the human condition and the Hedge Mages cumbersome use of trinkets and easy-ish magic.

>>This is still a Lovecraftian inspired world. Hedge Mages aren't superheros do-gooding around or soloing abominations. They have access to trinkets that afford them abilities but it isn't free nor easy.

And yet, Doll Users are given, essentially, a super-powered 100% loyal companion (or slave, whatever term works best) that will follow their every command, along with extra passive powers of their own.

My complaint isn't that Hedge Magic comes with complications, that fucking bread and butter with Lovecraftian settings. My complaint is that they come with complications that, quite frankly, don't fit their powerlevel, and that the other paths offer equivalent levels of power WITHOUT equally debiliating drawbacks.

Like, I'm all for having "lol waifu is laifu" options in a CYOA, but it annoys me when the author, knowingly or not, makes it so that people who don't want to pick that option are being more or less punished for it.

Doll magic is that universes' high-tech type of magic. Very cutting edge. Probably a lot of bugs and inconveniences they don't mention.

>complaining about a 100% loyal sub waifu option
What the fuck is this gay thread doing?

>Probably a lot of bugs and inconveniences they don't mention.

If they aren't mentioned or even fucking hinted at, then it seems logical that none of any such bugs or inconveniences are in any way a major problem.

>Cumbersome
One thing is having to use trinkets for your magics or you are fucked, other is that your trinkets are unusable because you can't possibly hope to lift them,

Watch spooky movies and eat candy.

>What the fuck is this gay thread doing?

>I'm all for having "lol waifu is laifu" options in a CYOA

>this user doesn't even fucking read

>My complaint is that they come with complications that, quite frankly, don't fit their powerlevel, and that the other paths offer equivalent levels of power WITHOUT equally debiliating drawbacks.

How is ritual work not a debilitating drawback?

Hedge Mages can do that too by wearing some fuckni' gloves. Of all the artifacts to whine about, those two are not it.

They are hinted at in a way. It says so multiple times that doll magic is a new form of magic. Most new, relatively untested, things come with unforseen downsides or even spectacular failures.

>How is ritual work not a debilitating drawback?

"Oh no, this thing takes time. Like, maybe, half an hour, or maybe even a month. Maybe a bit of blood, or some random fucking dude I killed. Oh wow, such a drawback..."

VS

"oh jesus christ, i am being turned into a fucking murloc"

The main vibe I'm getting from you is that you like the girdle and the staff best but you think the staff weighs too much and don't like the deep one side effect of the girdle. Why don't you give more specific complaints like that rather than saying "My magic isn't strong enough!"?

Yeah. No. Who the fuck wants to do slow ass work for worthless effects. You think hedge magic is bad but ritual is fucking worse.

Might as well go full deep one for the 2x strength on your base form and with the innate ability to cast minor water magic, out of the Lovecroftian mythos Dagon is actually a pretty chill god.

>"waifu dolls OP"
>"hedge magic OP"
>"hedge magic UP"
>"rituals succcccc"

You've all made the same complaints.

I think the whole thing is that
>Staff is unreasonably heavy and cannot be used
>Void shield is unreasonably heavy and cannot be used
>Girdle could *maybe* allow you to carry them if there is enough water around but it turns you in to a fucking murlock

>Call a tsunami to your location that it will get bigger and bigger until it reaches the ritual area
>Worthless

>he thinks dolls are better than hedge magic

>Who the fuck wants to do slow ass work for worthless effects.

I never said ritual magic wasn't bad, mind you. I'm all for giving ritual magic a boost, especially its fucking fire and ice rituals (which are... blergh).

But, I can really get behind the THEME of ritual magic, because I've always loved that shit. Like, stuff that takes time, and probably money and resources, but that they'd get the most awesome and most powerful effects.

Such as, for example, sacrificing people in order to get a permanent strength/durability/reflex boost, or some shit like that... with an upper limit, of course, but still something where if you put in the energy and effort needed, you'd still come out on top in terms of power.

As it stands, Doll Magic is OP. Hedge Magic and Ritualistic Magic needs to be buffed, or Doll Magic needs to be nerfed.

I don't see doll magic as being overpowered. In fact I thought it was rather lackbuster to be honest.

How is doll magic more overpowered than rituals? I just don't see it. If anything rituals need a nerf.

Hedge Mages, kitted out, have about the same powers as Dolls. Better in some ways, worse in others. You know what Hedge Mages don't have? A fucking squishy ass bitch husbando that anyone can kill to take them out. Hedge Mages don't have an Achilles heel.

And these people whining about ritual magic don't acknowledge how they can store up to like 50 monsters they can summon out of their ass when they get in trouble, let alone the crazy word destroying shit they can do when someone is really fucking with them.

>worthless

with just siren's call and flame sign you could potentially create an undetectable atomic bomb anywhere at will. Also tsunamis n shit.

If anything rituals are the most OP thing.

>Doll magic OP
>Literally the same effects of hedge magics but weaker and in a doll which you command.

If anything the doll magic is the weakest one of the 3 branches. It's the waifu option it won't do shit against proper magic.

What is wrong with the ice/fire rituals?

You just stepped into the biggest mistake with these kinds of conversations. Saying "My build needs a buff because reasons" will get you some decent support, and not a lot of hate. But saying "My build sucks because reasons, so everyone else should be nerfed out of spite" will make everyone hate you and argue against your position so you don't get what you want. Trying to hurt other people's builds is full retard.

Well doll magic is pretty reliable and waifu shaped so it is still nice in my opinion.

It's the comfiest option desu

>In fact I thought it was rather lackbuster to be honest

I thought so at first, but then I looked deeper into it. See, your Doll is your loyal slave, and you decide its personality when buying powers. Whatever form your doll takes, they are essentially an extension of your will, of what you WANT them to be.

If Dolls had their own personalities that were NOT directly molded by the Mage's will, I'd agree that Doll Magic would be much less reliable... but that's not the case. Every doll, provided the Mage has bought the necessary powers, is whatever the Mage wants them to be.

For every power a Doll has, their strength increases by 0,5xa normal human man's strength. With 10 powers bought (as an example, which is very easy to do), that's a 5 times boost in strength from just the most basic of all Doll abilities.

But that's not all. Your Doll, provided you buy the powers with sanity, can block hostile magic effects, can block physical mundane effects, can read minds, make perfect illusions or even shapeshift into other people, be granted super-enhanced regeneration, stop time for short durations, move like greased lightning, use fire powers, use ice powers, be instantly teleported directly to you whenever you so desire or swap places with them instantly, put people to sleep...

AND THAT'S JUST THE ACTIVE POWERS.

THey also directly grant passive powers that, while nothing super amazing or OUT OF ZHIS WORLD, JA, they're still a boost that comes as a bonus.

Heck, the Doll's time magic spell even has something the other two don't; it refreshes itself every year, and you are always aware of when other mages use time magic. Why isn't that a fucking passive for the other time mages as well?

So yeah. Doll Magic might not seem OP at first glance because you're empowering someone else, but that someone is a DIRECT extension of your will, if you so desire.

>My build sucks because reasons, so everyone else should be nerfed out of spite

I actually use Doll magic in my build user (why wouldn't I, it's the best choice), but if you want to pretend I don't for your argument to make sense, that's fine by me.

SDA is a butt.

we are all butts.

Watch loli dance videos.
youtube.com/watch?v=cDfj_286I7s

That still doesn't strike me as overpowered. Rituals can do far more ridiculous shit.

Ignoring how you're a squishy target and how some of the easiest to use Hedge items (like the gloves) give better versions of the doll's magic? Hell most of the hedge stuff gives bonuses too, like look at the gloves I mentioned. A Hedge Mage is immune to cold and fire. A Doll user is resistant to heat and won't die by being frozen (but will still suffer the other negatives of cold weather and potentially die that way.) You keep ignoring how the passives are almost all minor utility skills and not combat based, being able to breath underwater or not suffer g-effects don't make you a better combatant at all. The most you can do is shoot out some little fire bursts (so you have the power of a lighter) and instantly freeze a palm-size patch of skill for all your magic.

And while the doll is an 'extension of your will', you still have your own body. Your squishy body with no extra defenses that anyone can walk up to and gut.

Hedge magic is better than both.

This is all true for really exceptional mages or those making builds for this CYOA and milking everything they can out of it. In-universe, I'd like to think most mages have a couple spells, at most a handful and a few insanities for their trouble. They'd also not have most, if any of the powers and abilities offered here but have access to different and thematically appropriate ones.

The CYOA itself says directly. The average Free Mage or Templar has 2 to 3 Gods, and the average Cultist has 1.

You wanna do this? ok

Ritual magic can, assuming you have siren song and a competent effigy, and are in a place with people around, (not perfect) create:

>A nuclear bomb
>A wave several km tall
>An ice bomb that will freeze everything
>A literal army of shub niggurath zombies
>Take you anywhere back in time when you were alive previously. (Can use this 100 times to basically live 100 lifetimes, more if you can kill those hell dogs or whatever)
>Take over the world through inception-like dream controling of people

In the meantime,
>Doll magic does basically everything hedge magic does but worse in every aspect
>Doll magic is still OP somehow because you get a loving waifu construct that is mildly powerful but couldn't stand a chance against an quivalent hedge mage.

Am I missing something here?

You can slap on that fish girdle you hate and get x25 to x50 passive strength. Just don't wear it for three days straight like an idjit.

Honestly I'd take doll magic even if there was no doll attached and all I got was the passive bonus powers that I get to use myself. Ritualism is highly impractical and item based magic is item based.

Don't forget how you can set up passive bombs in as many circles as you want all around your base. Shit's excellent. And that army can be pre-summoned and stored to instantly summon whenever you want. Seriously a Night Gaunt has the strength of three men. The strongest doll has a collective strength of 7 men. You summon 50 of those and she can do jack and shit.

Scourge of the Cosmic Seas

Raiser of the Dead
The Greatsmith
The Reaper
The Bulwark

Artifact: Accessory, small gem, Hungry & Bound Spirit

Sail around the cosmic seas with my crew of corpses. Greatsmith should allow augmenting of both ship and the crew. Skeletons might not be smart enough to make use of high tech plasma rifle but they can still carry augmented weapons and maybe some high explosives in their ribcage. The spirits summoned from my horde of artifact copies will help them in combat.
If whatever is holding the stuff I want is too tough nut to crack with my crew only, I can spend some time raising ships from the bottom of the sea to serve as my armada.

Definite weakness for this build is reliance on the Reaper for personal power. My preferred fighting method is to bound enemy from afar with my ship's weapons and souls and letting my unliving army handle the fighting, getting locked into tiny room with someone actually dedicated to fighting would end up badly for me.

>Twice as strong
>Can breath underwater
>Limitless Stamina
>Cold resistance
Go Deep or go home.

Don't forget being homies with Dagon and innate minor water magic.

disgusting fish go away

>getting locked into tiny room with someone actually dedicated to fighting would end up badly for me.
Unless you build yourself an iron-man suit. Hell, build one for every one of your crew. Build autonomous ones too. While you're at it, turn your ship into a sea-worthy spaceship and put planet-cracking cannons on it. Let's see the nut that survives that.

I wonder if the deep one's strength stacks with the girdle. If so, you're popping that bitch on for x100 strength.

most likely probably very much no in no uncertain terms to be honest

Post good cyoas for a change.

wow user, you're so edgy being all "look at me im an unrepentant hypocrite xD" how can i be as cool as you

>MagicCop TimeCop SpaceCop
where is AxeCop

By posting good cyoas for a change. Now.

Oh, absolutely. I would spend moment considering what are the changes that there's some turbo murderer out there with Reaper that wants to stuff me into a gem so that he can wear it as cock piercing and then plan very carefully to not be in situation where I need to fight alone, ever. But three of my skills and my artifact are not for direct combat, so I will be at serious disadvantage against anyone who is more focussed.

Accelerate enough anti-matter to completely annihilate a human sized target to relativistic speeds via a supercollider, if a Artifex reapers wants to capture your soul in a cock ring, then just throw that anti-matter into his face.

haha entry level irony is pretty cool too r-right?

I want a Nathan for You CYOA.

This is why the Greatsmith and the Gunslinger combo so well together. Build whatever insanely useful and/or dangerous gadget you can think of, remember to also make it into a ranged weapon and voila! You'll always have access to it, anytime and anywhere.

How do I make fantasy nations based off real world nations without being offensive?

Fuck the offended people.

1. Educate yourself on how people in those countries portray themselves to avoid hurting their feelings

2. who gives a shit dude, this place is 90% white americans and europeans.

someone post the incomplete magic race war thing.