Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1822: An Unsung Hero Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Fast.

Gotta Go

Catch em all

Where can I get the best icecream in the chain?

What are the best canon Dragon Ball waifus, in your honest opinion?

Doesnt devil may cry have unlimited sundaes or something?
Though thats quantity; the best if probably whatever a cooking Jumper makes.

Aria, Gelatto Shop Deed for endless Gelatto you can also sell.

Yeah, I know, not ice cream, but like I give a flying fuck/

Jump 10: Superman - The Animated Series
Origin: CEO
Affiliation: Neutral
Perks:
Administration
Anti-Life Immunity [1000]
Cutthroat Competition [500]
Perfect Publicity [300]
Solitary Genius [0]

Powers: [+200 for Powers Only
Sane Science [600]

Items:
The Corporate Throne Room

Companions:
[Refused Personal Assistant Freebie]

Drawbacks:
Distressed Damsel [1100]
No Good Deed Goes Unpunished [1300]
I Forgot [1500]
Monkey Business [1600]

Good morning, Metropolis. I must say first and foremost that I am honored to be welcomed with open arms by one of the greatest cities on Earth. My company, Illumination Industries, has primarily been stationed in Gotham for the past several years, but we are finally beginning to branch out to other centers of economic progress - where we will be providing jobs to people from all walks of life, as well as assisting in research and development and city projects such as infrastructure. Whoever you are or wherever you came from - so long as you come to us with an open mind and a willingness to work for it, there is a place for you in our family.

Now, I'm aware some uncouth...rumors have circulated regarding my time in Gotham City and my previous court cases. These are rumors, little else. Illumination Industry's primary mission has, and always be, the progress and betterment of mankind. The crime rate in Gotham decreased greatly thanks to our efforts and investments, and I hope to do the same within Metropolis itself. While this shining city has existed as a beacon of progress and the human spirit, there are still areas to improve and build upon, and it is my mission to ensure that everyone - from the corporate genius in his boardroom or the average joe working to support his family - will benefit from it.

Changelog:
It was pointed out to me that Hayate has Collect and Use during this fic, thus it's been added to the buys in the magic section.
Ifrit is not watching, Lady Midday is.
Removed no-longer relevant note about Defense Up.
Probably a couple other minor fixes I can't remember.

To share a little secret, in my final days in Gotham, I encountered a certain someone who confronted me on what he saw as cruel business practices. A cutthroat environment, a high demand from employees, and acting with an iron fist. He had told me my methods were too tyrannical, my business practices far too cold to truly benefit others. And I decided...that they were right. My talk with this person changed my heart. So now, with open arms, I seek to be the one who gives, who provides, to everyone in Metropolis. Wealth is not merely for the elite or the solitary genius. It is not merely piles of money that is stolen or mishandled by the corrupt or the criminal. It is the roads you drive on, the ability to buy what you wish to, the ability to choose holiday dinner with your loved ones, the ability to go on vacation, and most of all, the ability to choose your passion in life and live by it.

So, to all who can hear me, and who seek to better both themselves and mankind as a whole - Illumination awaits you.

>"Wonderful speech, sir."
Thank you, Jackson. Say anything with enough conviction and you'll have plenty of followers, after all.
>"Of course."
We'll have to cut a few corners to increase employee wages just enough to make it look appealing, but the end results will be worth it. We're competing directly with LexCorp, after all. Hmm...wonder what the baldy is thinking of the new face in town?
>"Probably nothing good."
Of course, of course. We'll deal with him a bit later. I have to prove to a certain caped do-gooder that I'm as good as my word - my reputation precedes me, after all, and two Luthors would be a nightmare to him.
>"Do you think it will be difficult?"

Jumpers how many wives have you outlived?

>not giving your waifus immortality

Reminder that magical girls can't befriend you if you're made of PURE EVIL.

Jumpers!

Delicious brown redheaded waifus or no?

What do I have to hide, Jackson? After all...I'm just an honest working man who happens to be a few steps away from owning this industry. And you know what they say - the enemy of my enemy is my friend. Superman will win the hearts and minds of the idealists. And I will win the hearts of the pragmatic and the mundane. Speak of...I need to go rescue Dr. Mobius again. Seems people keep mistaking him for the one actually leading our research team. Well...he does, but he's not where all our material comes from, after all.

No, delicious brown catgirls

I don't do waifus, but if I did I'd say Caulifla from Super. Doesn't take shit, fights for herself, all that jazz. And although most of the women in DB fit that description, she's also a Saiyan, so she gets bonus points.

Whatever happened to Launch, anyway?

Red hair and brown skin is an attractive combination, yes.

√-1

Disgaea is the best jump.

The same number I've had. That number being 0. It's just not that time.

Side note, I realized my math was off and I actually got 400 for powers only. So I used the leftover points to buy Desperate Scientists.

Not reposting the entire build because meh.

This one.

Is it the case irl tho? I've never seen an example.

>Shitna

Buubs. Any of them.

What exactly is Humanity in dark souls? not the people but that stuff you collect in the first game.

>canon
None.

>fanon
/co/'s female saiyans are the clear winners.

Tiny fragments of the Dark Soul, I think that's the general consensus

Toriyama completely forgot she existed.

Pic related is better.

It doesn't happen in real life. Red and brown compliment, and bright colors will stand out, but bright colors look worse in real life than in art. It might still work, but it'd depend on what race they are, frankly. Facial features are gonna matter in regards to if they're attractive.

That is the most correct opinion. Congratulations.

It's a very difficult phenotypical combination to achieve, yes. Red hair being as rare as it is and also /extremely/ recessive, you'd have to find someone who wouldn't override it with the much more likely black hair, while still being able to provide enhanced levels of melanin to the child.

This is, as far as I know, completely impossible.

She doesn't have a tail so she's a shit Saiyan. She's also a mary sue.

So, some user was asking last thread about the various endings of the DeSu games. I will happily answer! Let's start with the endings of the first Devil Survivor game, with Overclocked included:

>Yuzu's Ending: Pretty much the worst ending, and before Overclocked a full on Bad End. Yuzu convinces Abel to run away, abandoning the War. With help from Honda, they burst through the blockade of angels and soldiers, all the while being called out by everyone, including Loki. They break the barrier as they escape...and the world ends. All Hell literally breaks loose, and the world is consumed by demons. Honda goes insane, and Abel and Yuzu can only stare in horror as this all happens.
>Overclocked expanded on this, allowing you to potentially fix this. The military holds their families hostage, and force them to return. Belberith has won the war, and become the Overlord of Bel. God attempts to strike him down, but he absorbs the bolt. The forces of Law pull back and abandon the Earth to prepare to fight Belberith. Abel eventually defeats Belberith, but even, there are two endings: one where the barrier is restored, and things go back to relatively normal, or one where it isn't, and things still suck.
>Atsuro's ending: A decent ending, and one that wasn't expanded with Overclocked. Atsuro and a reluctant Naoya reprogram Babel so normal humans can control it. With it, a new era begins. Technology booms using demons. Japan becomes a military, economic, and technological superpower. However, the ending isn't perfect: Naoya is still free to plot and sceme, Amane's soul is devoured, and Jezebel escapes. Abel does not become the Overlord, meaning that in the (unlikely) case another Overlord turns their eyes towards Earth, the planet is in deep trouble. Also, the demons are now in the hands of the government, which considering they were willing to murder everyone in Tokyo by boiling them alive, even if it was to prevent the Apocalypse is still bad.
Continued in the next post.

Hey Jumpers, I'm planning to jump into Devil Survivor 2, but I don't want to use the DSP available there for Reasons(tm). So how would one fight them otherwise?

I've been to CCS and grabbed Magician from there, I've also been to JL Dark and grabbed I Cheat amongst a few other things like the twin guns, and I jumped Madoka Magica Wraith Timeline and got purification.

Would this be enough to fight the demons as a kid who was raised in the traditions of a dead clan of "Demon Hunters"? For extra hilarity, I got this idea from my time in KnK where I was Fujinon's older brother figure after I took over raising her from her dumbass stepdad.

Black Hair>Blonde Hair>White hair>Red Hair>Brown Hair>Any other color

Brown + Red hair is an awful combination.

>Black Hair
Aren't you a boring one.

How many of you are good parents? How many are bad? What kind of alternate-characters have you raised?

Who let this nig off the plantation?

Simple is sometimes best

I do not know what kind of parent I would be. Apparently I am pretty okay at training Pokemon. But no kids yet.

user, most human ethnicities trend towards dark-brown to black hair. It is by far the most common hair color in existence. For all you know, you just insinuated that about a samurai warrior wielding a magic sword.

18, but cucking Krillin is literally the shittiest thing you could do.

Am I a bad parent if I'm not a parent? The closest I've been was when I ran an orphanage during Black Lagoon, but I may or may not have been training them as soldiers,
spies, and what have you. Pretty sure that makes me a shit parent.

Marvel Magic

>Warrior
Weird to go warrior but needed it for the weapon import. I very rarely take fighty backgrounds, felt the others were way more likely but it’s a good discount.

>God 300
>To Do Battle
>Domain 500
Free domain, probably go for something vague like change seeing as elder gods generally have domains that are very broad.

>Elder God Hybrid (Set) 800
Went with Set as it means I inherit some dinosaur magic/related powers.

>Sky Father 1300
Makes me a larval form of an extremely powerful deity and gives me powerful broad sweeping magical abilities. Not a lot to say about this even though it's a 1000 CP perk but it's strong and gives you a lot of magical potential.

>Jumper, The Ever-Glorious
>Battle Banter
I do like the freebies for warrior. The title thing is cool and I always take a zinger perk when I can afford it.

>Arms and Armor
>Helm of Hades
Helm of Hades is a weird freebie but a nice piece of memorabilia. Not sure if you get to toggle the invisibility of it on or off so it might be that nobody is ever going to see me wear it.

>Worthy Weapon 1700
Gives me another domain when I'm holding the weapon. Really just wanted it for the too heavy for anyone else effect. I think for the other domain I’ll go light. I could have gone frost but reptiles don’t like the snow and they do like the sun.

>An Old Friend 1800 - Ramona: Genius, God, Superior Science, Elder God Hybrid 300 (Oshtur), Skyfather 800, A Word Is Bond, JUMPER SPEAKS, Cloak, Time-Shift Bomb
She's a bit of a weird one here. Probably wouldn't have gone God if not for the fact it was free and the perks are very powerful. I liked the freebies for Genius the best and the Elder God Hybrid/Skyfather combo needed all her points. Shame she couldn't have a domain but she's got a shitload of raw power and the import only cost me 100 CP. It's a bit of a reversal of roles as I usually give her all the fighty perks and take the science ones myself.

Is it weird how when I choose to replace Abel I cannot help but want to give Naoya a happy life?

>a samurai warrior wielding a magic sword.
Jack's transjap

It's intentionally vague, like most Dark Souls lore. But it's heavily implied that they're bits of the Dark Soul itself, the Lord Soul of the Furtive Pygmy that's been spread between his descendants.

Disco Ball Hair>All Other Hair

>there are people who don't realize that black hime cuts are the best
Is it even possible to be this much of a pleb?

>most human ethnicities trend towards dark-brown to black hair. It is by far the most common hair color in existence
Which is why it's boring and sucks.

>Hazredous Interruptions Jump

I'm gonna unnerf the Nanoha side and then watch and laugh as they stomp the Remnant side.

Ragyo please go.

Nose hair>Head hair

>Mutated Stomach 1700
Now I can only eat magic. Not sure if this'll work on magical foods I make myself but I can certainly find something. If it is really hard to find food my other drawbacks are going to cause some issues.

>Fool Me Twice 1500
Nobody trusts me because I'm a slippery git. I don't think anyone would believe anything a child of Set said anyway. Hopefully I won’t get attacked too often over it.

>Axis 1300
Ramona gets a total opposite change in alignment which I guess makes her idealistic and morally upright (which actually makes sense as her mother is a goddess of balance and white/goodly magic). Fortunately given her speech perk and the one that makes her have a good reputation she can vouch for me. I suspect a lot of people think I'm tricking her into being allies. I guess the fortunate thing is that she's been a heroic type a bunch of times, just not usually a very sincere one, so this might not even be that much of an issue. It'll probably result in me going along with it and actually trying to be heroic which I imagine can only end in tears.

>Journey Into Mystery 1000
I'm sure the reality of it would be very unpleasant but to be honest the idea of my dunmerself from a past life calling me an n'wah while I'm confused and disoriented was just sort of funny. Or my Nekomi form from CATastrophe saying I'm not eating enough fish.

Plan is to try to enjoy myself despite being probably involved in some very major events. I'll probably do some rolling as to how stuff goes.

>boring hair color in boring style
>best
Maximum overpleb

Be that as it may, the dominant alleles do not lie. It is quite simply the most biologically advantageous hair color. It provides the most protection from the deadly star lasers, allowing the scalp to withstand the constant barrage of solar radiation. It also retains the most heat, thus it is best for keeping the head warm in winter.

It is simply the most practical.

>be jumper
> Having actual strands of hair and not making your scalp into a weapon

What is the best hairstyle for you?

What the others are saying from what anyone can gather. Tiny pieces of the Dark Soul that separates humans from other things with souls.

>be bancho
>post the same pictures in every thread

Pompamullet of course

>Haru's ending: Originally the best ending, either stayed that way or became the second best ending in Overclocked. Abel becomes the Overlord (sort of), Haru uses the Primal Common Tongue to banish all the demons in Tokyo with help from Atsuro, having completed Aya's song. Haru and Gin finally accept that Aya is gone, and that it's not their fault, and begin to move on. Everyone is happy, and when Amane's father dies sacrificing himself to Belberith and she is grieving, Haru comforts her. Naoya is still free to scheme, but for now all the world is safe. Even Metatron is satisfied, though he does threaten Abel about not abusing his power. This ending was not expanded.
>Naoya/Kaido's ending: Originally a decent end, becomes a good end with Overclocked. Abel sides with Naoya/Cain and Kaido, and decides to become the new King of Demons and wage war on God. Most of Abel's allies leave him in horror, though Black Frost can potentially join him. Abel forcibly takes Jezebel from Amane, before crushing the Shomonkai and their Bels. Then, after winning the war, he becomes the new Overlord. Originally, it was implied that mankind would be trapped between the Overlord and God, and would be forced to join together just to survive.

Man, this is a lot longer to summarize then I thought.

Nah, that's fine. Naoya may be a hypocritical jerk, but he's gone through some shit as well. It's perfectly okay to want to help him, you just have to understand that he's had a lot of time to justify his actions to himself and others, so don't believe everything he says. He lies a lot.

It absorbs the most heat. It does not retain the most heat. Radiative heat transfer works both ways, something that's great at gaining heat is also great at losing heat. Blonde hair is much better at holding heat in, and will keep you warmer provided you heat it up with some method other than radiation first. I suggest convection.

>Pompamullet

Curses, foiled by a miscalculation of thermodynamics.

Launch.

Luckily, that's the average day's tea for Jumpers.

>sneezes and turns blonde

N-nani?

why all dem bitches look like bailey jay

>not priming Krillin to start the beta revolution
what are you even doing brah

>Overlord endeing

I remember becoming a Demon Lord didn't affect your stats or abilities at all and caused all your friends to leave since they thought you were a monster but gave you pretty a cool cape. Best ending in my opinion.

Because shit artist desu.

Yes.

Twin Tails > All

Disgaea 2 OP pls nerf.

Short hair > Drills > Ponytail > Twintail > All else

But we don't have a Disgaea 2 jump

>he dominant alleles do not lie. It is quite simply the most biologically advantageous hair color
That's not how this works. Rather, it's just the original hair color and there's no evolutionary pressure to change it. It's survival value is basically nil.

>not bringing AU MGLN and RWBY characters and watching everyone freak out
PUNISHED HAYATE meeting their Hayate is gonna be hilarious.

>The basic gist of the Overclocked update is that, in light of Abel becoming Overlord and declaring war on God, Metatron threatens to destroy Earth if the humans don't kill Abel. However, he still plans to kill all the people in Tokyo. From here, there are two options: the Evil and Good paths. Evil involves killing anyone who crosses you, and eventually ends with Abel enslaving the world before marching on Heaven and killing God. Amane is murdered by Abel, and Yuzu and Midori try to fight you though you don't kill them. Good path has him spare everyone, with Amane helping you rally everyone, along with Yuzu and Midori. Tokyo unites behind Abel against Metatron, and fights off the Angelic invasion. In both routes, Metatron tries to summon the Archangels to destroy the planet, but Abel stops him by summoning the Bels. In the Good path, God agrees to leave Earth alone in their war, and Metatron even gives Abel some measure of respect. The ending reveals that the demon world is deadly to normal humans, and afterwards reveals that Abel is winning the war and will soon return.
>Amane's ending: Originally a decent ending, it arguably becomes the best ending in Overclocked. It is here that Abel's identity as...well, Abel is revealed, and later on Naoya's identity as Cain is revealed. Abel sides with Amane, helps free her from Jezebel (oh, something similar happens in Haru's ending as well), and defeats the Shomonkai and their Bels, before becoming the Overlord and Messiah. Originally, it follows the usual Law path, where Abel becomes an Old Testament style ruler, with God's approval. However...

It's a pretty sweet cloak. Messiah Abel gets a white version of it.

Shaved sides>all ya'll problematic anime hairs

Has there been any kind of update to the Generic HP fanfic jump? I'm looking forward to it.

I always knew Amane was best girl. So if we go to her ending and be nice we could also get a cloak like that?

Launch is the OG super saiyan. She transforms when she sneezes, getting stronger and more aggressive.

Also, she gets guns instead of a tail.

As the poster of that question, Thank you. And thanks for a great jump as well.

>Overclocked changes this. Abel, instead, acts like how a Messiah should, actually delivering on the promises of Law. He changes the world and the people for the better, redeeming the criminals who can be redeemed while punishing those who refuse to be redeemed. He even impresses the Angels with his mercy, and convinces them that they might have been wrong. If he uses demons to save a young woman from a corrupt, pure evil cop, Abel can even get a demon to come out and do a good deed with no prompting. The demon saves a little boy with Abel's permission, and actually says that doing that good deed made him feel good, and he's going to tell the other demons about how good it made him feel, implying that even the demons will be redeemed.
>Okuninushi is not amused by these new beings claiming his island, and issues a challenge to Abel: he must guide the first murderer to salvation. That being Naoya/Cain, who has no intention of doing any such thing. Abel and his group find out more about the story of Cain and Abel, and talk with Naoya, who is pissed off. He had fought and even tried to kill Abel before he became the Messiah, angry that Abel would return to God. Cain is angry at God, and blames him for his murder of Abel, but becomes distraught when he realises that the original Abel became a demon of Bel not because he hated God, but because he hated him. Time runs out, and since Abel seemingly failed, Okuninushi decides to fulfil his promise and destroy then remake Japan. Abel's group fights Okuninushi, who is constantly revived stronger and stronger by his mother's love, until Naoya shows up and turns the tide, sealing Okuninushi off from his mother's love. He calls out Okuninushi for abandoning Japan and then trying to come back and claim it again when someone else shows up, and then when Abel defeats the deity, he laughs, admits that Abel is both a better ruler and that he has fulfilled his promise, and leaves.

Huh, I never thought about it like that.

Ah, so she’s a Super American.

>Cain still hasn't forgiven God, but at least parts on good terms with Abel and his friends. Abel leaves to visit different nations, acting as an ambassador to both their governments and their pantheons, eventually bringing about an age of peace and justice. The world becomes a better place, and this is even seen on the 8th day, both with actual scenes showing people improving and Haru, ever the cynic, actually having hope and saying that Abel is making the world a better place. Naoya still thinks God is playing Abel, but is willing to sit back and watch...for now.

Best girl indeed, with Haru as an extremely close second. And yeah, you get a cloak like that.

No problem. Want me to cover DeSu 2 as well?

Search for Afrobull. It's good stuff.

It must be odd to be in a relationship with what is essentially two polar opposite women in one body.