/wfg/ Warhammer Fantasy General

Giant Scary Monster Edition

>Resources (Crunch, Lore and Warhammer Fantasy Role-play)
WFB: pastebin.com/8rnyAa1S
WFRP: pastebin.com/0e6RuQux
Novels: mega.nz/#F!9Lw1WIRZ!eKxkOlAQwuZO3_8pHOK-EQ

>We're looking for these novels for the archive (not updated)
pastebin.com/TSQhemJR

>Alternative Warhammer Miniatures and Manufacturers
pastebin.com/CvGaNyrk
the-ninth-age.com/lexicon/index.php?lexicon/462-the-9th-age-miniature-library/
tabletop-miniatures-solutions.com/13-the-9th-age
Tomb Kings Alternative: indiegogo.com/projects/tms-undying-dynasties-army-release#/
Bretonnia Alternative: indiegogo.com/projects/tms-kingdom-of-equitaine-army-release

>The 9th Age
the-ninth-age.com

>Warhammer Wikis
warhammerfb.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Wiki (most complete)
whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page
warhammeronline.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Online_Wiki

>Warhammer Video Games
Total War Warhammer 2: store.steampowered.com/app/594570/Total_War_WARHAMMER_II/
Vermintide 2: store.steampowered.com/app/552500/Warhammer_Vermintide_2/
Mordheim City of the Damned: store.steampowered.com/app/276810/
Bloodbowl 2: store.steampowered.com/app/236690/
Man O' War: store.steampowered.com/app/344240/
Age of Reckoning: returnofreckoning.com/

Previously on /wfg/:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=x8f2ofxtXB8&feature=youtu.be
manticgames.com/mantic-shop/kings-of-war/undead/product/zombie-troll-regiment.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Is this why Wizards all live so long?

Sometimes I like these dragons, sometimes I do not.

Mantic has some pretty good army deals on their website, but all of them come with Catapults or werewolves, and I want my army to be based in Warhammer Fantasy. What do you think I could have the werewolf models stand for?

Can't spell "immortal" without "immoral."

Rat Ogres maybe?

I am thinking of collecting a skaven army as well. I think that might actually work. Thanks for the suggestion.

So why don't the vampire counts use ranged things like archers or catapults?

they did in SoC

Off the top of my dome, because you need to collect ammunition and maintain ranged weapons. A blunt, broken sword is still a metal club in the hands of a zombie, a bow with no string is a useless stick. And vampires themselves can get up close and tear people's heads off, cast spells to hurt or both.
Plus in a siege, a vampire generally has time on their side, as every one who dies is an asset to them.
Though why they don't have magic catapults is a bit beyond me.

Nearly 3 years and you are all still so arse-ravaged about Age of Sigmar that you keep this thread going. Just give up already, it's gone from hilarious to pathetic now. Age of Sigmar the objectively better game in both playerbase and sales awaits.

because unlike TK VC undead just have their souls jammed back into corpses haphazardly and thus don't really have the skills they had in life, archery is really hard epically if have no muscles, stiff bones and no skill.
also

Please ignore that guy.

So what? You really think that people would do this for so long because of spite for AoS? Or maybe they just want to discuss about a world with far more interesting lore of a game they're passionate about and help playing a dead game with no support.
We get it, GW killed the world. But considering how nu-GW only care about fucking up the world building, art, and the general feel of their world for short-term gains, I'm glad Fantasy got killed.

What are good resources about the civilization of Mourkain beyond the brief mention in the army books?

Night's Dark Masters talks about it some, and the Warhammer Companion speaks on the Strigany, who are the vagabond mortal inheritors of that kingdom.

I like to play Warhammer Fantasy 6th ed instead.

No, but it would certainly help.

Access to magic just seems to naturally extend life. Even Dhar, which cripples and maims you, can act as fuel. Just look how long Kemmler has been going.

>Beastmen replenish their numbers by adopting mutants or breeding with human women

... How does this work for the larger Beastmen, like the ones as large or larger than horses? Their dick ain't gonna fit, and if they force it in that woman's not going to carry a child to term.

They probably reproduce solely with beastmares, which also exist.

It kinda stands to reason, since the yuge beasts are rarer.

Possible also that the bray-shamans know some tricks that can help with that.

This is gonna be a strange question even by the standards of the strange questions I usually ask on here, but whatever.

What would it feel like to be immersed in the Wind of Beasts? Like, Ghyran would be transcendent joy as every cell in your body is filled with new energy and life, but what about that which dwells beyond the bounds of man's civilization?

Probably a bit like being a vampire. Senses enhances, instincts sharpened and magnified.

Crypt horrors.

Can you have an undead army without any Vampires, necromancers or ghouls? I want a big army of skeletons.

I'd guess it'd be like shutting off your brain, having your body fight and kill out of survival instinct like an animal

Or just anger? endless energy? standard RPG Berserk?

What'd be directing them, though?

I considered that, but animals aren't just always in a state of berserk rage, are they? I suppose you're right about shutting off your brain, but I'm unsure of how to go about writing that sort of thing.

Since they wouldn't really be thinking about anything, just acting on what information their senses provide.

Unlikely, as they will eventually crumble on their own, you are also gimping yourself because Lore of Vampires is top tier and Vampire Lords are some of the best characters in the game

Exceptions if you want some lore explanation would include:
>Especially magic-soaked places (like Sylvania)
>Shoddy casters around
>Especially tainted champions (like Krell) can prevent the Undead from crumbling
>Nasty curses and artifacts, like the Cursed Company

I'd guess everything would feel like a series of reflexes, instead of having every intention pass through the brain (with the bonus of preventing mind reading, if that's even a thing?) it just happens out of survival instinct rather than conscious choices, I guess that the player would feel like becoming a spectator of his own fight or just blackout as the body decides to shut down all non-essential body functions, like rational thought
You could even have characters become eco-friendly Diogenes after interacting with Amber magics

At least that's my opinion without turning Lore of Beasts into "fur-clad Berserkers lmao"

>At least that's my opinion without turning Lore of Beasts into "fur-clad Berserkers lmao"
I'd save that more for Lore of the Wild myself, since that's the Beastmen's "Ghur Unleaded" version.

I was toying with the idea of it feeling like being part of a stampede, both in one and being part of one simultaneously. Was puzzling over how to explain that in writing.

Is this Nu-Carnac?

You are not alone.

Could an elf waywatcher ever fall in love with a empire soldier?
youtube.com/watch?v=x8f2ofxtXB8&feature=youtu.be

That was resolved quickly.

new to fluff, bretonian wood elf rape?

3E is objectively better

they probably breed with horses, cows, trolls, anything large enough, trees/dryads/ents/wood elf whores

Is this from Warhammer Fantasy roleplay?

Yup. From the The Thousand Thrones scenario.

How does one deal with Dwarves in Mordheim? I know the general advice is to avoid line of sight (because fuck blackpowder weapons) but how do you actually make sure they stay down when you get to them? That Hard to Kill rule has screwed me out of so much experience...

Would people object if I made my Vampire Lord a skeleton? I just prefer skeletons to other undead.

Just play tomb kangs

What's the size difference between GW skeletons and KW skeletons? GW skeletons are hilariously overpriced and KW are ok in all but the heads but I could get the GW skeleton skulls kits and replace them if needed, I just don't want them to be ridiculously big in relation to the bodies

For crypt horrors I was thinking of using their zombie troll models manticgames.com/mantic-shop/kings-of-war/undead/product/zombie-troll-regiment.html

>the lore that launched a thousand ships

Seriously, imagine how huge this reveal would be if Warhammer was the setting that it was three years ago. Imagine if there was a canon eldar and human ship in 40k. There'd be fanart, fanfics, all sorts of new character ideas...

Why not Tomb Kings? If you really hate the Tomb Kings rules, you could probably convince people to let you use them as a count-as Vampire Counts army.

Or even better, just make use of this fucker. He's the sexiest model you could get anyway.

I honestly think the guy just misunderstood and thought the question was are the characters canon.

I don't get too much of a romantic vibe off them, anyway. Kruber seems to have a curiosity about Kerillian, but it seems to be purely platonic. He certainly tries to engage her, but I'm not sure that isn't just him falling back into old habits as a leader, trying to bring an outsider in and make sure she's okay. You see him do this with the others, too. Hell, he even eventually warms (hue) to Sienna.

For Kerillian's part, it seems she wants to dislike Kruber at first, but grudgingly comes to realize that he's a decent, if simple fellow. She definitely thinks he's wasting his time working for Saltzpyre, who she regards (openly) as a spiritually dead man.

Well there are ships, like Arkhan/Neferata and Vlad and his main squeeze isabella
Undead have the best ships!

Yeah, he definately just missed the word 'ship' and thought they were asking whether the characters were canon.

Doesn't matter either way, GW doesn't give a shit about Fantasy, they didn't care much even when it was still a product for them, now it's just a name they can license to vidya devs for free money.

I don't like the Egypt theme, and there are no good cheap models.

Can I use a Wight King as my general?

>Vlad and neffy were once a thing
>now Neffy is with Nagash's top servant and Vlad is deeply in love with someone neferata has never met
I wonder what they think of that

Ladies and gentlemen: I present to you, a very fucking flamable leader.

Why ia a treeman leading some kind of empire institution?

bug

Put all his points into the Bluff skilltree.

AoS user here passing through. They love their game leave them be.

Fantasyfags love the fluff mainly. Enjoy your 40k: Fantasy Edition fluff.

but they hate reading

?????

Do you ever find it ironic that the undead seem to have more canonical romances than the living? Or the living romances seem kinda fucked up, like Tyrion and Alarielle (their love threatening to tear apart a kingdom in its darkest days) and arguably Orion and Ariel (their love having been co-opted by a forest in essence).

When Cubicle 7 releases a sourcebook on Ulthuan as part of WFRP 4th edition, will it be canon?

NO

Yes.

maybe

No, just like none of WFRP is canon

Are female beastmen cute? I'm pretty sure I've heard lore about them being beautiful frolicking woodland women that, unintentionally or not, lure humans in and get them ripped apart by beastmen males. Is this in the same category of things like "Do elves have creepy black eyes?"?

no, beatsmen are never good looking

Of course it will be

It bugged out. It's an army of all explosive things, starts with steamtanks and grenadier outriders but then changes to rockets only I guess once they capture cities it's all they can build?

>implying WFRP isn't canon.
It's approved by GW, AoS shill. It's as canon as Gotrek and Felix.

[citation needed]

(you)

First off - as far as I'm aware, the proper terminology is beastwoman, not female beastmen. That I distinctly remember from one of the Gotrek and Felix stories early on, and there they were described as being relatively gentle and timid for beastmen.

A long while back an user posted a story where a man actually watches a baby get stolen by a beastwoman, and she's not depicted flatteringly - more like a kinda grosser beastman in some ways. I can't describe it well, but you might be able to find it with some searching in the archives.

If you wanted cute beastwomen I wouldn't fault you though.

So is total war warhammer, but that doesn't make it canon.

The way i see it Total War: Warhammer exits in it's own sort of canon, it's own version of Warhammer Fantasy, same as BloodBowl does. The World is the same save for it's changed around the type of game being played.

WFRP past 1e will never be canon, just like warhammer online, TWW or any of the boardgames will never be canon.

Just like how WFRP is it's own canon, changed around the type of game being played.

>WFRP 1e
>Canon

As far as I recall, the Emperor was still alive as of 8th edition.

WFRP 1e was canon when it came out, but 2e, 3e and 4e will never be canon.

Statistics Time!

A Journeyman Wizard with the Talents of Meditation and Dark Magic would have a 7.9% chance of successfully casting this spell.

A Master Wizard with the same Talents would have a 66.7% chance of successfully casting this spell.

A Wizard Lord with the same Talents would have a 93.4% chance of successfully casting this spell.

Remember everyone, wizards have no sense of right and wrong. If your local wizard is older than 70, it's time to get out your torches and pitchforks.

Why?

>WFRP 1e was canon when it came out
Yes, and as we all know, Warhammer's lore is set in stone from the moment it's written.

Those were better times.

That's a good way of looking at it, and probably the fairest. You can't take account for the things that can happen in TWW in the actual Warhammer canon, like say Nordland managing to conquer everything from the Sea of Claws down to Wissenland.

What about the Warhammer Fantasy wiki in our own OP? More than half of all of the citations on that entire wiki come from WFRP 2e.

Felix has some odd ones, too. His relationship with Ulrika is a screaming shitshow and he later marries someone who was a child the last time he saw her (since he's stopped - or slowed - aging).

Yes, WFRP is canon.

As far as I know their features are not described beyond them being rather docile. They still have horns, though, just like their men.

It's POSSIBLE some are beautiful - I could see this being a Slaanesh thing - but there's not much info to point to them being more human-looking.

Why would a wiki be canon? It's a fan document.

Any smart wizard is going to stack his odds, though. Find a leyline, weight for the winds to be blowing strong, stand a brazier with a warpstone in the room. Tricks like that.

This guy is literally a troll from /aosg/. I dunno why you guys keep responding to him.

Who's the coolest champion of Chaos, and why is it Aekold Helbrass?

I have been posting in warhammer threads long before AoS was around, and have always considered WFRP non canon.

In places where the natural level of Dhar is high enough, yes. As far as I know that's only Mousillon, Sylvania, and parts of northern Kislev and Troll Country.

>AWAKEN MY MASTERS

Is he an elf? The armor makes me think of elves with the scale and tall hat.

alright /wfg/ I wanna expand my lizardmen army. here's what I'm thinking about:

Bastiladon- love the model, probably the one I'll have the most fun to paint and look at. but given what I currently own it probably isn't the best competitive addition.

Slann- I've only got about 1500 points so I'm not sure how useful a slann would be, but I'll need one eventually and the model is pretty great.

Cold on riders- just to run a bunch as scar vets. love the idea of dinos riding dinos but the models are a bit ass. also would probably only paint a few all the way, don't really feel like painting a unit right now.

Salamanders- I don't know. I'm in a monster mood, and they seem strong but i'm not in love with the model.

I'm also thinking about a second stegadon or a carnosaur, but i'd rather get something new and carnosaurs are really expensive, even on ebay.

pic is my stegadon, I'm not a great painter but I'm pretty damn happy with the way it came out! also if anyone has tips for nice jungle bases let me know.

Nah mate, you're thinking of dryads. What you have there is practically word-for-word their description from the Old World Bestiary.

If you get the AoS lizardman start collecting you get a second carnosaur and some cold ones for the price of a carnosaur.

Otherwise I would go for the Slaan, they're magic toads (!) and are pretty cool.