Why is 5e out selling pathfinder if pathfinder is a better and more complete system?

Why is 5e out selling pathfinder if pathfinder is a better and more complete system?

If you do play one or the other why?

Pathfinder is more mature system. People who would buy it already did it long ago. Also, piracy.

Because in 5e you don't need to be a one trick pony min-maxxed anime fox herm to have fun

>the better system
Are you fucking high?
Pathfinder is also the autist-containtment system.

Because 5e is marketed towards people who intend to play it, while Pathfinder is marketed towards autistic weebs, who jerk off to theoretic optimization. The whole premise of Pathfinder originally was "We are not 4e".
The first target audience is bigger.

I play both, both have their appeal, where PF has the advantage of customizability and charge minigame, 5e is more about making a simple fantasy character and not much crunch comparatively.
5e is easy entry into the hobby.

5e: I can sit down in an hour or two, read the PHB all the way through, and play the game competently with a character who won't suck or be useless even if I didn't min-max (as long as I didn't pick Ranger).

Pathfinder: Have to spend 2 weeks studying some wiki on the internet to learn how to play the game, another week making a character who still can't perform at a reasonable level until I've mastered the art of feat-chains and min-maxing, and still end up being useless because I'm not playing wizard/cleric/druid.
Also the community on Veeky Forums is full of fetish-wanking magical-realmers.

>pathfinder is for "autistic weebs".
>teifling is a core race in 5e

Even if you picked the 5e ranger you're not actually that gimped, unlike picking shit and poorly designed classes in PF, and in Core?!, where you'll be literally useless.

>pathfinder is a better and more complete system

>pathfinder is a better and more complete system?
o i b lellyn

Are you implying that tieflings are more anime than kitsune?

>tiefling is a core race in 5e
>kitsune is a core race in pathfinder

>Better
It's a literal copy/paste of 3e.

kitsune are not a core where 5e assumes you are going to have edge lord teiflings.

I don't get all this hate pathfinder gets.

It's like Call of Duty.

It's not particular good, but people like to shit on it to build ehtos because it has a lot wrong with it.

Some contrarians who hate popular things can't stand that a game based on a 17-year old system is still more popular than their favorite systems.

>People with demon blood are less "weeb" than cat-girls and kitsunes.

Congratulations, I think you've won the "most retarded post on Veeky Forums at the moment" award.

Everything it did was done either by homebrewers or 3e. There is absolutely nothing original about it, and you're better off just backporting what few things it actually fixed.

It still has the problem of classes being 20 levels of shit for instance. Instead of outright removing empty levels and making Paladins have say, ten levels, they just fill them up with MMO-style passive modifiers.

But it's not like Call of Duty, you just are upset because both it and CoD are popular and you want to try to attach the negative connotations of CoD's popularity onto D&D.

You're then going to say Bieber and Twilight, instead of things that are both popular and good, but get undeserved hate on Veeky Forums because Veeky Forums tolerates contrarians like yourself.

It's 3.5, but worse. When 3.5 was retarded and broken because designers didn't know what they're doing, designers of PF knew exactly what they're doing, but still did everything the same.

But D&D and Pathfinder are the Call of Duty of RPG...

Seems pretty first-party and paizo-approved to me.

Also lets not forget that there's a literal fucking fucking magical-girl class.

Hey faggot.
My name is Merlin, and I hate every single one of you. All of you are fat, retarded no-lifes who spend every second of their day looking at stupid-ass pictures blah blah blah. I was friends with King Arthur, the original half-demon mary sue, and a powerful magician. What race do you play other than "Human but with pointy ears"? I also get my own TV series and have a banging hot girlfriend (She just gave me a holy sword, shit was SO cast), you are a faggot and should kill yourself. Thanks for listening.

Pic related, it's me and my bitch.

You mean like the Mario series.

Pathfinder is more tiefling-obsessed than both 4e and 5e.

I remember the first time I saw this and thought it was fake.

It wasn't.

That's the last one, I swear.

I want to play a game with SKR

And immediately veto EVERYTHING he does on the grounds of "That's unrealistic" and "The rules don't allow that" while allowing everyone else to go into Saints Row levels of insanity.

.... pathfinder is free

Yes, the horror. People refernece ficition they like when making content.
No it isn't.

/pfg/ is more tiefling obsessed. There really isn't much tiefling content in PF aside from some archetypes and fiend variants.
>Also lets not forget that there's a literal fucking fucking magical-girl class.
Archetype of a class. Of which there are dozens.

To be fair, when he left Paizo he stated a lot of the inane shit he said was stuff Jason Bullmahn told him to say to tow the company line.

You get "reference" and "outright plagiarism". One look at that shows me outright plagiarism. People have been sued for less obvious shit in the past.

So is the steaming pile of brown stuff the neighbor's dog leaves in my lawn, but you don't see me getting excited about it.

It's horror when people reference shitty anime about little girls when making a game about swords-and-magic fantasy.

But yeah, keep calling 5e for "weebs" because tieflings exist.

>Yes, the horror. People refernece ficition they like when making content.
I too enjoyed this reference to Devil May Cry 3.

They didn't seriously think they'll get away with this

What the fuck is this

Hunter: The Vigil

You're really, really, really exaggerating the degree of similarity.

It's definitely in the realm of homage, because that's clearly a magical girl and that's clearly their intention. But the outfit is rather different than that photoshop is trying to pretend it is. Different shoulders, different sleeves, different everything except the rudimentary form.

But they are both equally terrible.

Is this the new ebin shitpost meme I've heard so much about?

>t swords-and-magic fantasy.
Maodka has loads of magic. Do little girls not exist in your settings that have magic? How does that work.

It's almost like fantasy is a broad genre of shit? I bet you'd shit fucking bricks if you learned of Dragonmech or Expedition to Barrier Peaks.

OH FUCK NO ONE TELL HIM ABOUT SPELL JAMMER.

Well let's just wait for the super crazy plot twist where it's revealed that is only how she is perceived because of mental illness on the part of the observer.

>There are people ON THIS BOARD who are attracted to this

You're really, really, really trying to justify plagiarism.

5e, unlike autism central Pathfinder, is actually good and is actually well designed.

>Shit settings exist, that makes a shitty class idea that doesn't belong in the game perfectly acceptable and OK!

>Tieflings in 5e though, that still makes it a shitty anime setting for weeaboos.

Are you actually this stupid? Answer honestly.

Anything with caster supremacy is badly designed.

>5e

You mean 4e.

Pathfinder is more like Arma. A bit janky and hard to learn but more rewarding and full of mature players.

5E is cod where its a pick up and play game full of screaming children that will buy any shit WOTC feeds them.

The fact anyone bought another rpg from Wotc after 4e blows my mind.

No, 4rrie, nobody liked your game except for contrarians.

What are you doing on Veeky Forums?

This is a weeb hub. The only non-weebs are those cunts that came in along the new /pol/ wave and didn't even stop to realize that this site is owned by a Jap, made by a weaboo, modeled after a jap weeb board, and is dedicated to the weeb gods.

>A bit janky and hard to learn but more rewarding and full of mature players.

>Full of mature players.
>Pic related

Advertising
Accessibility
Critical role
carries the name
release schedule
better than 3e and 4e

to name just a few

>rewarding
>mature players

TOP KEKS

5e reigns in caster supremacy and the martials are all fun to play, give it a go.

No, I mean 5e.

Pathfinder is like a shitty nonfunctioning ARMA full of screeching autists who are only concerned about masturbating to a spreadsheet than playing a roleplaying game.
The fact that PF still sells its bloated corpse blows my mind.

I get it. You're desperately, hopelessly, trying to justify your hatred, up until the point where you've lost the basic understanding of what plagiarism means and want to cry about something absolutely inconsequential.

That's not plagiarism. There's no tracing going on, and the end-result is distinctly different. You can point at similarities, but it's clearly not the same outfit, and clearly not the same character.

Understand?

New Genesis sold better than Old Genesis even though the previous was better. Better

>that makes a shitty class idea that doesn't belong in the game perfectly acceptable and OK!
Please tell me how "person invested with power by supernatural being to fight evil from the shadows" doesn't fit fantasy settings aside from your rabid hatred of Pathfinder. Like ignore the PF part for a second.

What about this class would not fit in this fantasy setting, considering fluff wise it's just a warlock with a companion?
That's one troll who spams kitsune every one the board and talks about how much PFG LOVES KITSUNES WHY DO THEY LOVE KITSUNES SO MUCH until they get banned, and then do it all over again.

Like it's a fucking cycle. We get kitsune pics, a bunch of bait questions with bug eyed anime girls, etc for like a week. Then we have a week without them, they he comes right the fuck back.

5e ATTEMPTS to reign in Caster Supremacy. Keyword being ATTEMPTS.

It's still got a long way to go, but at least it's better than Pathfinder's god-triad of Wizard/Cleric/Druid where they're literally on entirely separate tiers of gameplay.

>and the martials are all fun to play
No they're not, go fuck yourself.

>doesn't realize that that's the result of dedicated trolls

>actually thinks people believe his slander efforts

The Pathfinder image issue is well understood as a few trolls always making threads too early just so they can troll the rest of the /pfg/. Only idiots and those trolls would bother pretending otherwise or that they're reflective of the larger pathfinder community.

>5e reigns in caster supremacy and the martials are all fun to play, give it a go.
This is a blatnat fucking lie though.

All the martials are still "I move an attack" shitters. The battle master option is trash. And the casters while not as powerful, are still much better.

It's just watered down 3.5. Without any of the subsystems like Psionics or Tome of Battle that made 3.5 tolerable.
>class idea
It's not a full on class. It's an ARCHETYPE of a class.

It still does it to a degree, everything is more balanced. It's not even an attempt, they've done it.

Have you even played 5e, severe autist?

>Pulling shit from supplement rules
Have you ever looked at the older dnd books they are all full of crazy shit. It was alway supplements or optional rules for the people that like to play that.

5e have these fuckers in the core and advertise the shit out of them to appeal to moba mmo fags and edge lords. Also if you think 5e is not going to get a fox race once the WOTC jews profits start to slip your out of your fucking mind.

Yes.

>objectively best tanks and damage
>get the same number of skills

what more do you even want
feel free to get asshurt about 5e but dont blatantly lie

No, it's really not, you'll understand this if you had actually bothered to play 5e instead of autistically screeching.
Martials have a lot more options than move and attack and they're all feasible unlike in OF. Again, you'd know this if you actually played 5e rather than shooting your mouth off.

They really havent.

At level 5, the fighter can hit things harder.
At level 5 the wizard can fucking FLY, turn INVISIBLE, Disguise themselves flawlessly, and a ton of other "fuck you"s to the rules.

Now be honest and tell me who just gained more in the way of roleplaying options and story agency.

Still better than Pathfinder, but come on bro.

Doesn't sound like it, sounds like you're using PF to justify your bullshit blatant lies.

>fly
>get hit by an arrow
>roll less than a 10 and fall out of the sky

woah the game is really broken how can we ever recover???

Too bad, I did. Battlemaster is one of the biggest disappointments ever.

A variant set of ability adjustments and SLAs to make them ideal for every build you could think of.

Go ahead, show me someone who can bull rush like a Dungeoncrasher could.

What are concentration rules, autistic asshat.
The 5th level fighter does more than hit harder, there's spells if you're an eldritch knight, there's manuveres if you're a battlemaster. Then there are the other fighter archetypes. There's action surge and the shove and grapple actions, which will blow your mind because they're actually well designed.
You'll know this if you had bothered to actually read instead of autistically screeching like a severe retard.

Actually play one instead of crying on an imageboard.

What is the shove action, what is pushing attack from the battlemaster.
>Pushing Attack.When you hit a creature with a weapon attack, you can expend one superiority die to attempt to drive the target back. You add the superiority die to the attack's damage roll, and if the target is Large or smaller, it must make a Strength saving throw. On a failed save, you push the target up to 15 feet away from you.

Straight up shit compared to a Dungeoncrasher. Maybe try to know what I'm talking about before you go on about how good 5E martials are.

Fucking read the battlemaster.

Maybe try to be less severely autistic but I don't know is that's at all possible. I know what the thing you've been spewing, understand, you fucking shitfister that 5e is lower powered overall, the pushing attack would be the equivalent or as much as it can be if you're not fucking retarded.

if*

cute anime girls>>>>>>>>>>>edgelord goat men

many don't understand this

I don't understand the point SKR is making

I did as he asked and googled how long it takes to make a chain shirt or full plate armor, it takes between two weeks and two months, that's a lot less time than it takes in Pathfinder

Gee, Pathfinder is poorly designed.
Who'd thunk it.

Where are these cute anime girls in pathfinder that I keep hearing about? Is there a collective pathfinder hivemind that pretends their pathfinder characters are anime characters? That's the only explanation I have for this discrepancy, considering pathfinder wasn't even made in Nippon.

>that 5e is lower powered overall
One look at the Bard would tell anyone that this argument is full of shit.

All 5e characters are tieflings. All pathfinder characters are kitsunes. It is known

Why does a kitsune have to be imagined in anime style in a fucking western tabletop rpg?

Threaten reminder, merlin was half demon.

Do you actually understand what lower powered overall means?
And the 5e bard in the context of a party doesn't overshadow the other classes in the party, unlike PF.

One look at this post would tell everyone you're full of shit.

>What are concentration rules
Barely relevant out of combat.
>there's spells if you're an eldritch knight
Cool, they get shit spells that have to go towards defense because everything else they get sucks.
>there's manuveres if you're a battlemaster
Cool, they get a list of maneuvers that's half shit, a quarter must-have maneuvers, and a quarter of maneuvers you might want except others take priority, and they don't get to use them regularly unless your DM is giving you a short rest inbetween every single encounter.

5e is the better and more complete system, the rules are self-contained, easy to understand, and (with only a few exceptions) clearly and concisely written, as opposed to Pathfinders hideous content-bloat and bizarre wording that leads to endless RaW/RaI questions.

That said, I still enjoy Pathfinder more, because there's a lot more character-creation choices to make, and even if most are somewhat pointless, I LOVE the experience of squeezing every little bonus I can get to achieve a silly goal

5e literally revived interest in tabletop roleplaying
Pathfinder is just for grognards