How would you play a cleric that worships a deity of knowledge? Do you have a knowledge deity in your setting?

How would you play a cleric that worships a deity of knowledge? Do you have a knowledge deity in your setting?
Deities thread I guess

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-2qZrz_3LOA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Adventuring Librarian.

You adventure to record things. You record everything in a journal every night when you rest. Everything from local legends, old wive's tales, spells, laws, recipes, all your daily experiences, everything.

You dutifully it all down in a small, brown, moleskin journal, of which you have an unspecified number containing your entire life's experience, hidden in a bag of holding.

That's how you play a cleric of a knowledge deity

Making prodigious use of your journal would help

Play him as your favourite liberal arts professor.

>Zizek
Jesus, no.

NOPE!

By "favourite" do you mean like actual favourite professor, or most stereotypical one?

Cause those are very different things

There are many ways, here is but one. You use your knowledge to aid others, and encourage people to use reason and wisdom. As a Cleric, an active member of your faith trained in self defence, you're not one of the clergy who just potter around in libraries all day long. You're the kind who'd be out in the field, aiding adventurers, frontiersmen and mercenaries. You'll take the chance to discover or uncover lore on your journeys too.

yes, I have a knowledge deity, he is a divine nerd.

His clerics generally beat the living shit out of anyone who is not willing to spread knowledge, so its not unheard of of an army of zealots to invade the lands belonging to a lord that is big on keeping his peasants uneducated

Now the real question is how to you play a Barbarian who follows a god of knowledge?

Wisdom of the forefathers, lore of the clan.

The morality of a cleric of a knowledge deity could be weird.
>Book Burners? Heroes trying to destroy documents that contain things man was not meant to know?
Sinners that should punished. Maybe not with fire, though-Fire might spread to whatever paper you may have.

The issue is of course, how would evil scientists be viewed? Would Unit 713 and Nazi scientists be treated as monsters or valuable members of society?

Both, the necessary bath bois

>How would you play a cleric that worships a deity of knowledge?

A wizard simply in an allegiance/patronage of convenience for more power, knowledge, etc.. Wouldn't even vaguely resemble a cleric unless you happened to spot him praying or were a trained individual in magic-theory and noticed many of his spells were in fact miracles and not 'spells' per-say.

>Now the real question is how to you play a Barbarian who follows a god of knowledge?

Ooga booga shaman: following his ancient god of folky type wisdom, carrying around an inscribed and meticulously carved totem of wisdom to beat stupid people with. Dnd lacks a "primitive caster" class like how I'm used to with some other rpgs, so I don't really know how to describe it any better in dnd comparisons.

Socrates/Plato/Aristotle with magic.

You know...

>how to you play a Barbarian who follows a god of knowledge?

You see him around 0:20
youtube.com/watch?v=-2qZrz_3LOA

That's actualy a nice deity. It incentive you to seek the truths of the world. It's a bonus if said deity isn't omniscient.

Kind like Wotan

The only phrase my character will sag is “why?”.

>Adventuring Librarian.
AKA Archivist

I played a psion/cleric of Sardior once, they went around reading minds and learning secrets that they'd then commune with Sardior and relay the secrets learned.

>Barbarian who follows a god of knowledge
Loremaster.

Take a level or two in bard probably but if not, spend all your skill points in knowledge skills.