What would you put in a dungeon that is all inside a powerful Wizard's Mind?

What would you put in a dungeon that is all inside a powerful Wizard's Mind?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cOccRuhGSRI&ab_channel=DrRockso1987
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Something something Silent Hill mumble babble Freudian constructs whisper hiss murderous tulpas holy fuck waifus coming to end your laifus.

Nothing. Seriously. If you put a dungeon inside someone's mind, literally just let them handle it, especially if the person has to go into their own mind. You cannot make something worse than what a person already makes for themselves.

Well, how about we brainstorm this?
>meanwhile, dozens of adventurers in my mind brace for the coming storm

also, never give the wizard in question too much ice cream to eat at once
>brain freeze causes the mindscape to turn into a hellish arctic landscape

also never, EVER expose said wizard to any mind-blowing revelations, one of which is the fact that his mind is a dungeon
>TPK, roll new characters

The place would be filled with traps!

Songs trying to shout over each other.

What a gay wizard.

how about literally?
That's kind of the crux of this campaign I'm making, is this horrible beast was a powerful caster in the ancient society.

10/10, would play, user.

It depends on whether or not the wizard is aware that his mind has been accessed, or is accessible.

We must go deeper!

Sure hope someone gets this.

I feel compelled to write about this in my diary for some reason

The strange thing about mindscapes is that they can be completely abstract and messed up.

For example I've lived a normal life and nothing really traumatic has happened to me, but I can promise my dream world would be messed up.

Why?

You've got to get creative, and represent what would be going on in their head.

What would a Wizards OCD look like? Where do they keep the rote memory of their spells? What does unconscious anatomical thought manifest as?

And you have to make them visit the Black Bug Room.

I did steal the pic, but I know nothing else about where it came from so I just made it up.
A cult is siphoning the beasts raw hatred as a liquid and using it as a poison across the land, but since it's indistinguishable from a drug that's going around (from the same source, only it's from the pleasure center of the brain.)
I figure it might be fun to have players fight the beasts memories of fighting other huge creatures like it, only they're human sized because in the beasts head, they're normal, not huge.
I figured this thread might be a good spot to find more ideas of what to put in a brain dungeon.

Is that David Bowie?

Sentient spell echoes. Manifestations of the spells the wizard constantly imprints on his mind.

Mazes, barriers, and mental defenses where you need to uncover and exploit elements of the wizards psyche to solve puzzles and overcome traps.

probably something like arcane sanctum

or
youtube.com/watch?v=cOccRuhGSRI&ab_channel=DrRockso1987

I suggest that the settlement started out as a mine, following a thick and unusually regular vein of your metal of choice (ie a fragment of the weapon that killed it).
Then the miners struck Old One brain and things got weird.
Cultists, crazed miners, mutated versions of the above, enormous Old One bacteria-equivalents (ie free license for whatever), unobtanium golems animated by its memories.

Paranoid delusions. A tower, sticking out of the filth of the world. The light of higher learning the only constant, unmoving point in the firmament, and all manner of unfaithful, deranged creatures trying to find a shortcut up to it. Any and all shortcuts are deadly, which doesn't make the legitimate way to climb any less perilous.

The most terrible thing possible:
their magical realm

Wasn't there a film about this?

That film is gorgeous

The powerful wizard's mother.

This comic really took a massive dip after the first few pages. Its characters have gone from mediocre to downright awful.

A door that leads into the wizard's study. Not a dream version; the wizard built a door that leads into his mind so he can easily access it.

There's no way im not putting a Primordial Mind/Dungeon in my game now

So i'm using this premise for the starting dungeon for my players, and I want to divide it up into sections.

Basically, a powerful wizard has this mindscape he created, and those who visit his tower get accidentally brought into the mindscape. This has been going on for a loooong time, but time is relative in the mindscape, so a bunch of things have been trapped there, which have made their own and divided the mindscape up into their own dominions.

What sorts of things could have gotten caught? They need to be sentient.

I think obviously the wizard's familiar, one of the oldest things. I'm thinking a pseudodragon that's like a big dragon in the mindscape, that fights with forcing emotions onto you, but also has his stinger.

Goblins, because fuck it, I like goblins.

Probably some thieves looking for a score.

Maybe another adventuring party?

What else?

>>/kys/

Just some cunt saying "I don't like [thing], so no one is allowed to even mention it." in the most passive-aggressive way possible.

>The dungeon reverts all who enter it to five years old/pupa stage/youngling stages, and the mindscape is a kindergarden.
>The wizard plays school marm, setting up inane arts and crafts projects to keep his prey occupied
>Warriors have to break the illusion using words only five year olds know without it seeming like a tantrum and being put into time out
>The DM has to do the entire encounter in babytalk, just to fuck with his players
>During the battle once the illusion is broken, the warriors begin to age back up 1D6 years per turn, until they beat the boss or die of old age.

If we're playing 3.X, Living Spells would be really on point.

Is the wizard sane? Then it's a neatly ordered book hall with all his secrets and personal demons stored away until the players open the vaults and his nightmares spill out.

the art's still nice, though

Not really

I disagree but I respect your opinion

It looks a lot like a colored version of Kirkbride's stuff

>like a colored version of Kirkbride's stuff
Don't insult Kirkbride like that. Nigga actually knows how to do clean lines as well as make images look detailed without being cluttered.

>