Does your setting have a pre-colonial Africa themed region where literally every person is a king or queen...

Does your setting have a pre-colonial Africa themed region where literally every person is a king or queen, with no tradesmen or peasants in it?

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/PKFJzHfA
kotaku.com/dungeons-dragons-stumbles-with-its-revision-of-the-ga-1819657235
santeriachurch.org/the-orishas/
aboutsanteria.com/acheacute.html
orishanet.org/?page_id=95
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

> Every man a King

> Not Louisiana themed

Are you even trying?

The article wasn't talking about Louisiana.

>Not knowing about the Kingfish of Louisiana

Huey Long is rolling in his grave

OP confirmed for tremendous faggot who can't even start a /pol/ thread on Veeky Forums.

God, that article was fucking stupid. It wasn't particularly unexpected, though; these kinds of people (I'm talking about busybodies, not blacks) always find something to complain about.

Also, WE!

Again, that's not relevant to the article. It is about a pre-colonial Africa themed region of an official D&D setting, it doesn't mention Louisiana anywhere. You can make your own thread about Louisiana if you wish.

You didn't get the response you wanted. Stop trying.

WUZ

You posted an idiot /pol/-baiting thread.

He responded with a funny historical reference.

You didn't get it, because you don't know shit, and you doubled down. Twice. You're embarrassing yourself.

You were saying?

>Have a setting based on the US
>It's not about the Emperor, his subjects, the Americans and the Mormons fighting off both the treacherous slaveholders of Louisiana and the foul racist parliament of Washington

Don't try that here, Veeky Forums is basically LGBTBBQ-central these days.

pastebin.com/PKFJzHfA
>African Fantasy Tips
All found in the link comes from research for my african-themed region.
There were two tribes among many:

-Oayas were pyromancers. They worshipped the zebra-goddess Nuami and practiced their mix of supernatural fighting and ritual dance near volcanos.*

-Khayas were wandering blacksmiths, the ones which "knew how to make swords out of the earth". Their totem-god was Kahomi, the Termite, for the mud of termite hives were the greatest secret of their furnaces.

The prophetess Amanirena Thákame united them, created gunpowder and firearms from their combined traditions and crafts, then conquered the rest of the tribes. Both tribal deities fused into a goddess of earth, fire, life and volcanos, Kahonua. How could one argue against union when its results could bring down walls, bring invisible death from afar, scare men and animals?

Meanwhile, the Volcano Goddess, whose domain is fire, earth and life, burned down the other gods. Their fragments are understood to be the origin of many ghosts. Some said the orcoids were maggots of their corpses which ate their hate and divine power.

The whole land became twelve principates governed by a holy city inside a volcanic caldera. To become a legitimate ruler, each prince or princess** has to ride a giant fire serpent, divine beasts whose first appeared when the goddess blessed the prophetess into becoming one.

When one prince dies, the fire serpent sheds its corindon scales. The next ruler must cover his body with the powdered scales to become immune to heat and fire and thus ride the serpent. Where the serpent crawls, terracota trails are formed.

Pyromancers are as much mages as they are priests of the goddess. One particularly important function is to arbitrate Amani, the tradition of war which keeps the peace. This consists of ritual duels between tribes having disputes or vendettas. A couple dozen of musketeers shoot at each other until one side desists or enough bloodshed is done. Undue viciouness is punished through the ignition of the ofenders' gunpowder. Very few deaths actually happen during a duel. They developed line infantry tactics from these events.

The day-to-day administration of a principate relies on the prince or princess' harem. In at least one principate, the standing army as well. This elite is trusted with composite cannons, repeater muskets, rifling and fire nails.

*Think capoeira/engolo mixed with fire-bending.

**As the true and eternal "queen" is the goddess herself.

I love how "don't shitpost about identity politics on Veeky Forums" translates to "everyone on Veeky Forums is a purple-haired tumblrina with problematic glasses" in the minds of /pol/tards.

Is it shitposting about identity politics, or is it shitposting about idiots who care about identity politics?

Pretty good, user. Might steal some bits for a game.

This

Is there a difference?

Holy fucking shit /pol/ is autistic as crap.

>My home my castle taken to the extreme.
>Every household is it's own country with its own laws.
>Every head of a family is king.
>Every trade between two households is international trade.
>Every conflict between two household is international affair, possibly international war.
>Intricate diplomatic relationships between households, forming pacts and alliances.
>Somewhere in the distance AnCap just fainted from too many consecutive orgasms.

Well, yeah, because there's a difference between every instance of "shitposting." One thread about XYZ could be completely different to another thread about XYZ, and it's foolish to wave your hand and judge them all with one blanket statement.

>Lolbertarianism, the setting
Pls no. I just played two different characters trying to do something exactly like this, and it was awful.
Trust me, it's a lot more fun on paper than it actually is in game.

Was there ever any doubt?

You're acting as though the person complaining about the identity politics of their 'opponent' doesn't have identity politics of their own that they wish to push.

Yes, the statement in the OP image is dumb. But at the same time, the OP likely has opinions of the opposite extreme that he wishes to peddle, which is why he's so offended that he had to start a thread on Veeky Forums. Every thread about identity politics is a battle between two extreme ideologies these days and the best response to give to ideologues is 'fuck off.'

>Here's your (you)s

The false-flagging /pol/tard is back.

Do you have a link to the article? Is the author that retarded? Am I missing some context?

>Having tradespeople is raysiss
I don't get it at all. How does that mean they wuz never kangs?

>nanny pu'pu
pfff

The first Kino no Tabe episode went very well, and it was part way there.

Dude, you do realise that assuming intent without proof is a sign of cognitive dissonance, right?

I get that it's a show about weird extreme countries, but that show surpasses my limit for nonsensical settings

I don't know what OP's views on identity are, and neither do you. More importantly, though, we shouldn't give a shit.
It doesn't fucking matter what his views are on the matter because he didn't mention them. He just said "this is stupid lets talk about this," which is a perfectly neutral statement and perfectly valid topic of discussion.

Google gave me this
kotaku.com/dungeons-dragons-stumbles-with-its-revision-of-the-ga-1819657235

>OP post is just the kangz meme in question form
>implying assumptions

No assumptions are necessary here, OP made it pretty clear what his intent was.

Screenshots of articles without posting a link so you can start a KANGZ thread on the traditional games board a sign of a /pol/ shitposter

Pretty much this.

>nanny pu'pu's adventure in the realm of the Lu'oo

Modern Africa has a lot of the indigenous religion supplanted by islam and christianity, but you can get a lot of what used to be there by looking at what the syncretists have done, since they're not longer being oppressed they're doing as much as they can to revive the old ways.

Here's some stuff on the heirs to the Yoruba faith:
santeriachurch.org/the-orishas/
aboutsanteria.com/acheacute.html
orishanet.org/?page_id=95

>you can't post we wuz kangs without being a /pol/ack
WEW

Seriously though, I want to know why you said that? Not why you believe it, but why you said it.
Like, did you think that was a strong argument or something? It really wasn't.

When in doubt, bombard your opponent with incorrectly used buzzwords, preferably more than one in a single post for maximum effectiveness.

Go on, show me some more thought-terminating clichés.

have you tried Reddit?

It's not buzzwords. user accused OP of having extreme views and posting this thread only because their extreme views. Unless user is a telepath, they're making a lot of assumptions about what is likely nothing more than a shitpost.
Making assumptions like that about another person's thoughts/beliefs is a documented sign of cognitive dissonance.

Sweet! Here's a screencap for you to get upset about.

Nah. Only 1/3rd of the societies in my not!Africa setting are kingdoms. The other 2/3rds are autonomous villages and small republics.

What's generally more important is coming from a noble clan. Every clan is derived from an ancestor who befriended or antagonized a particular spirit in the days of immortals. But some are considered more noble than others.

>Elephant clan
>Lion clan
>Buffalo clan
>Leopard clan
>Rhinoceros clan

After puberty many people discover the ability to project their soul in the form of a spirit-double or shapeshift into their totem. Not everyone can do this, but the others still have an affinity for their clan totem and can approach/ride/call them without fear of harm. The first man still wanders the earth, offering guidance and help to those who deserve it while playing tricks on the malevolent.

You're assuming that what could be little more than a we wuz kangs shitpost must automatically be the result of some far right opinion.
>The intent is obvious
So you can read his mind? You're Professor X, now are you? Well do me next then.

If not, then you're creating thoughts for him, and are therefore projecting your own cognitive dissonance

>QED

So do children inherently violate the NAP after being conceived?

>Half of those were the same person
W E W L A D
E
W

back to

KANGZ

Thanks.

>you can't post we wuz kangs without being a /pol/ack
Correct. Getting mad at being told not to shitpost about politics on Veeky Forums even though you can post it on /pol/ is just like getting mad about being told not to post goatse on Veeky Forums even though you can post it on /b/.

Quality thread OP. Totally not cancer imported from /pol/

Just stop it dude. Nobody cares about your shitty troll thread. Everyone saw right through it now fuck off and drag your identity politics back to /pol/, reddit, or wherever perpetually butthurt overly opinionated newsjunkies go.

You are attempting a diagnosis based on a single post that someone made. Peculiarly, not the first post in the thread in which an assumption was made without being accompanied by proof.

Provided that your issue is primarily with what you consider to be cognitive dissonance through "assuming intent without proof," why did you not take issue with:
where the poster assumes that the individual in the image thinks that the every person in Africa was a king or queen without any proof that the individual in the image was thinking that.
where the poster assumes that Veeky Forums is populated by LGBTBBQ (sic) without any proof to accompany that statement.

Why have you not leveled the same criticism at those posts?

>OP actually posts something Veeky Forums related
>ITS /POL/ITICS NOT Veeky Forums REEEEEEE

Why are you feeding this shit? Just stop posting and they won't have shit to reply to