Tell me about that campaign/adventure idea you always wanted to run but probably will never do

Tell me about that campaign/adventure idea you always wanted to run but probably will never do.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wE87YiZPwTc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

That's what I would expect from Veeky Forums.

Only one?

>Only War game where the players are nothing more than military police around a huge-ass trench
>Fallen London pirate campaign with the possibility of putting in espionage elements
>Silent Hill style campaign where the PCs would need to face their own personal demons in order to leave the town they're trapped in

Especially the last one, since it needs some fleshing out that always never happens apart from 1-2 players.

Planescape-esque campaign. Players would take the roll of Private Investigators working in The Madhouse, the biggest planar metropolis on the plane of Pandemonium.
The madhouse has no laws, is permanently dark, has really wonky gravity, and you can't hear anything over the wind/screaming. If you have a problem, most people deal with it themselves, but the nature of the city often means that you often need to hire someone more professional to get revenge for you; that's where the players come it.
I want to run this campaign because I love urban campaigns, but hate all of the issues that come with it (Laws and shit preventing you from exercising violence haphazardly, a general lack of powerful badguys). But, since the Madhouse is in a constant state of anarchy, and contains fiends from CR 1 to 20, it has none of these issues.

I want to run a generational supers game. The campaign would be divided in three sections:
- Golden age heroes punching nazis in WW2;
- 80es-style overpowered cosmic shit;
- Current-day, downpowered versions, like the Avengers.

Ideally, every part of the campaign would feature characters that are the heirs/descendants of the previous age, with similar powersets but different power levels.
I will never find someone willing to make three different characters for this though.

Making Vermintide in WHFB

Tourists getting a tour around an elvish city. The player characters are kinda normal people (the setting is a modern day fantasy where magic is around but so are smart phones and electric cars) who got bored with the tour and went on their own little adventure around the city.
The DM controls an over baring elf tour guide who’s going to stop at nothing to get her missing tourist back.

Unironic zombie apocalypse base-building and resource-gathering game, where I make a subsystem where characters need to eat ==> need to scavenge (farming is hard as fuck) ==> need to fight zombies ==> are probably going to die eventually. Plus random encounters with herds of zombies that must be led away or dealt with. It would probably get repetitive quickly, but more likely the characters would die first.

I want to have a Bank Robber conglomerate roll through the Changeling Freehold, stealing dreams, treasures, titles and goods while sporting magical masks of various forms.
I know 100% the party would all vote to join them

>Setting is an arctic frontier
>Three major cities
>an already existing Penguinfolk colony, built around a giant frozen ruin
>a city made from boats and ships all connecting to both each other and the mainland
>and a massive collective of tents and walls made from ice

plot

>the ruin of the penguin city opens one day, penguins guard it zealously, nobody in
>party is tasked to find out what's inside the ruin and why it opened, have to navigate the wilderness and cities to meet factions who want the ruin for various reasons
>plot twist is that the ruin is actually a frozen factory filled with the very first warforged, and needs a magic item of some sort to activate them
>players get the choice to kill the penguin folk and ransack the factory of valuables, permanently close the factory and help the penguinfolk set up a way to keep it secure, or destroy one of the non-penguin factions and activate the warforged

It'll never happen because my group never gets together because one guy keeps canceling last second and our main DM is only now considering going on without the guy.

A post-apocalyptic version of Anima where the connection with the flow of souls has been cut off from the world, which in the long run creates a massive clusterfuck that ends in the world almost ending due a soul/ghost related apocalypse and greatly changing. It would become almost dark souls-esque when it comes to aesthetics, and the main danger (while not the only one) would probably be spirits and highly mutated/empowered elementals, since magic comes from the well of souls in that setting. The most dangerous place would be where a new, makeshift "well" is forming on the physical world, where it rests unless disturbed.

A game set in a world of floating island where the party would crew an airship they would upgrade and customize over the course of the game. As the campaign goes on they'd realize the setting actually takes place after a Super Robot Wars style apocalypse and they can dive into the wacky world of strapping 1000 year old mecha parts to their ship.

a fallout game sent in the florida everglades, with the players are survivors of a vault sponsored by Nuka Cola, and must now go out and get more delicious thorium, in order to keep the water running (literally all the water in the vault is Nuka Cola). Featuring sinking Ghoul cities, radgators, Nuka-squitoes, swamp men, and other fun stuff. Sessions would be capped off by generating a "Florida man...." style headline for the party's highjinks.

Using the All Flesh Must Be Eaten rules, with some modificaitons

Birthright using 4e when in combat. The players start first session as peasants attending a royal feast, when (bad kingdom ™) attacks. In their dying moments, the lords of the land give their bloodlines to the pcs, who then have to collect the kingdom back province by province.

Star Wars campaign. Players are rebels a couple years after the battle of endor. During character creation, approaching each player separately, I'll convince them that they are an imperial agent infiltrating a rebel cell. The entire campaign will be centered around the players trying not to be discovered by what they think is a team of rebels. They are all under orders to do what it takes to not get caught, and sabotage their 'team's' operations. It'll basically be a race to see who figures it out first

So pic related, but in reverse?

Super Robot Dark Heresy.

Think SR-OG history with 40k flavor.

I did the last one as a fill in adventure in the middle of a campaign. One pc had some stuff I could work with. The other really didn't do I just threw together some bullshit based on the seven deadly sins since his only real character trait was "I'm a priest!"... It was still pretty fun though.

Thats amazing, but yes. Only problem is, with the group I play with, only one of them would actually be up to a game like that, and could actually play it competently. Unfortunately, he doesn't like scifi genre, and specifically doesn't care for star wars. Everyone else prefers straight forward hack and slash dungeon delving style games

Restarting my weird 1950's SCIENCE! campaign in which the players run into all the old classic stupid cliche storylines, except with realistic consequences. I won't restart it since it was too lolrandom me winging everything.
An actual psychological exploration of what superheroes would have to put up with in the world. Sure, you're immune to bullets but that doesn't mean shit tons of child soldiers fighting you doesn't leave psychological scars.

An Underdark campaign in which the PC's are being pushed deeper and deeper by invading forces and have to brave greater horrors the further down they go.
Any classic adventure where I can actually prep and roll with the punches without feeling like I'm bullshitting my players and myself with my GMing skills.

I want to run Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou. Well, not exactly but something very similar. Exploring a mostly quiet, ongoing end of the world as one age slides off into another.

Every season things break, scarcity increases, people move on, the world changes. Life goes on.

I put too much thought and words into a half-dozen starts to this, with different not-quite-apocalypse scenarios, locations, etc. Maybe someday.

A continent of animals where a small amount of them were blessed by the goddess of the wild.
-10 percent of the animals became humanoid animals with human intelligence (beastmen)
-10 percent of the animals became upright animals with human intelligence (beastfolk)
-10 percent of animals became able to speak with regular animal intelligence
Having been recently given this intelligence there's a divide on what the beastmen and beastfolk feel like they should strive toward.

A majority of beastmen and some beastfolk believe they should emulate other humanoids by creating a city and focusing on intelligent pursuits such as education,arcane magic, arts, etc.
A majority of beastfolk and some beastmen believe they should use their divine blessing to become the best beasts they can be and adopt a more tribal lifestyle focusing on treating their body as a temple, community, herbalism, connecting more with nature, etc.

Campaigns/Adventures in this setting:
>Unifying the animal tribes against the threat of outside imperialist.
>In the city, a cannibalism/drug ring is corrupting the city and organized crime is swiftly rising to power
>Some sort of demonic threat that requires both the strengths of the tribesmen and the strengths of the city folk

Also toying around with the idea that the tribal beastmen can ascend to become mythical beasts if they train/connect with divinity/surpass their limits, causing everyone of their species to move up a "tier" like so
>Animal > Talking Animal > Beastfolk > Beastmen > Mythical Beast

>Fantasy game where everyone's a street urchin, using a classless system or hack.
>Same but Cyberpunk
>Groundhog's Day campaign

I want to run a UESRPG game set in the time following Morrowind, but before Oblivion. The main story would focus on random adventures in the beginning and lead into the Oblivion crisis. I'd like it to take place in either Valenwood, Hammerfell, or Blackmarsh with ventures into Cyrodiil here and there.

I'm never going to run it because i don't know anyone who's as into the elder scrolls as i am, and i want a lore focus and informed party, not D&D with elder scrolls names.

I want to play this.

There seriously needs to be a Fallout side stories game where they tell much more focused short stories imo.

I have a few.

Monty Python-like Underdark campaign of Drow, Duergar, Kobolds, etc. with a lot of grimbright humor where the main villainous group is a faction of clergymen and paladins trying to redeem, educate, and civilize the citizens of the Underdark. The exiled players resent this greatly, and put aside their differences to slaughter them and take out the surface world's main, completely good-hearted and divine religion once and for all.

Dwarf mining campaign where the players dig too deep and too greedily, get caved in, and are convinced that digging all the way down, and only down, can let them escape with all their treasures in hand. As they dig deeper, they encounter different types of underground biomes such as necromancer and/or warlock cult lairs, drow cities, gigantic spider breeding grounds, portals to and out of the equivalent of literal Hell, dragon dens with their kobold cults, and eventually they'll awaken an actual Old God deep, deep down. As they dig deeper, their greed and distrust gradually go up as their insanity and confidence go down.

Earthbound-like game where a couple of kids have magic powers and have to save the world, set in the 50's. The players are just as used to hitting enemies with baseball bats or firing slingshots as they are casting spells. Implications that the world used to be more D&D-like, with magic and fantasy races in abundance. Cheesy humor, lots of puns, and Jojo naming themes in that every character is named after a band, song, album, etc.

A campaign where the PCs are soldiers and scientists from a high-tech world that is slowly but surely dying from a combination overpollution, disease, famine, and war—not necessarily Earth—whose mission is to explore other worlds through interplanar portal technology in the hopes of finding suitable realms where they can evacuate what remains of their world's populace to start over.

Imagine bits of Stargate SG1, Planescape, and a smattering of Doom and Quake in the form of the presence of an elder evil that would eventually make itself known.

Everyone's a paladin of some sort, but one of them is the paladin of the god of lies.

They need to find out who, while the paladin of the god of lies sabotages the party.

The campaign ends either when: they force the paladin of lies to fall by revealing his lies OR only the paladin of lies and another player remains.

I've wanted to do something like this for years, with the added stipulations that you play yourself, in your hometown, with whatever skills you have and resources access to (and yes, I know this is terribly unoriginal, and I know about the Fantasy Flight Games system for doing this.)

A game that focuses on social interaction, deception, and intrigue instead of everyone getting bored because it's been 15 minutes and there's no combat happening.

The world's been taken over by an inventor who introduced robots (warforged) and other modern-era conveniences to the world and then used them to take over.

I won't run it because I dislike anything modern or urban

That's the dream, baby.

It's okay. The FFG system is complete trash. It was the system that caused me to make a rule: read the PDF before buying the fucking game. Because I checked out the PDF first and realized "thank god I didn't spend 40 bucks on this shit."

>Dwarf Hold terrorized by Serial Barber.

>Dwarf mining campaign where the players dig too deep and too greedily, get caved in, and are convinced that digging all the way down, and only down, can let them escape with all their treasures in hand.
But... why? I mean, even if you got the players on board from this premise from the start, why would the characters come to believe this?
>As they dig deeper, their greed and distrust gradually go up as their insanity and confidence go down.
So how would it end? Would it? Or would they just keep digging forever?

A mystery game that begins with a "broken" party. It would go like this
>start a game with two or three players, pitch it as a game about a handful of concerned adults in a small rainy Washington town hunting down a dangerous person
>start a different game with two or three different players, pitch it as a game about a couple of kids having potentially paranormal adventures in the forests of their tiny Washington hometown
>start a third game with two or three different players, pitch it as a game about students stuck on their small-town Washington campus over break getting mixed up in unsettling local events
Basically, I would run a game about a deep paranormal plot that each group of PCs would start out investigating different aspects of. Once they start putting the pieces together, they find the other PCs in-game, and their IRL groups combine into one (with appropriate rescheduling), until eventually there would be an entire posse of in-game investigators sharing their knowledge and cooperating to reveal the truth.

Ideally, I would get to do it in person, the better to see peoples' reactions, which would be basically the whole point. ("Wait, what the fuck? You're in on this TOO? And there's ANOTHER missing person? Could there be a connection? What the hell is going on?"). Unfortunately, that's probably also the most unrealistic part, because 1. It would be difficult to enforce a "don't talk to people outside the campaign about the campaign rule" to keep it secret without drawing attention to the secret in the first place, and 2. Finding enough people and scheduling would be a nightmare. It might, MIGHT be doable online, though.

In the meantime I guess I'll just keep drawing maps of small, rainy Washington towns and dreaming of suspicious shapes hiding among the pines.

Meant to reply to

This sounds fantastic. Just run 3 groups of 2 and don't let them know about the other two. Then bring them together when the time is right. I would play this shit so hard.

Game where the party is a group of monstrous minions who build dungeons.
The dungeons themselves would be later used against another group in my FLGS.

A game taking place in the Drakengard/NieR universe. It would take place a few decades before NieR and it would focus on Replicants and Androids banding together to fight an ancient evil from the past. The thing is, none of my friends know much about the universe, and I don't know if they'd be up to learn more about the game

A game set in a medieval-fantasy world in which the party are a special recon team from a near-modern (let's say, 1960s?) Earth that has somehow gained limited access to this world.

It starts off almost too easy since the party have assault rifles and their enemies have swords, but the first-act surprise is when they run into a hostile force from their own world, ultimately culminating in several such groups from other countries arriving and trying to seize lands for themselves through diplomacy or straight up conquest.

This turns into adding some strategic elements to the campaign as the party has one of a number of 'local' factions and fey beings like elves and fairies and shit, all of which they can approach in a number of ways, with the idea being to seize as much land and allies as possible for their country.

Only problem is I can't even begin to pitch this concept without someone immediately calling it isekai, and I don't want it to be pigeonholed as a fucking anime game.

I know it's not ideal but have you considered asynchronous play? Using something like discord it's pretty viable.

God, I know right?
The main concern is that, because most of my friends already know each other, they would just sort of inevitably find out about the other groups. Right now I'm brainstorming which of my friends have regular contact with each other to see if I can't just make groups of the ones that don't know each other well enough to talk regularly.

Or maybe I could tell ONE group that other players inhabit the game without necessarily telling them that the plots are connected: I could then tell that group not to tell the other group about their plotline because I don't want them tangled or something(lying, naturally). Heh, I could even go in a circle with it like:
>Tell group A about group B, but not to talk about the game with them
>Tell group B about group C, but not to talk about the game with them
>Tell group C about group A, but not to talk about the game with them
That way, B won't ask C anything because they were told not to, and group A won't tell THEM anything, so everybody will be surprised by the inclusion of at least one unexpected party. Hmm, this one might have real potential.

I think that might be what I just came up with above, but googling it reveals something like completely different KINDS of game for different players (e.g., one guy runs tactics while another plays on the ground). Is that what you meant? Again, I'll do it online if I have to, though I'd prefer to do it in person if possible.

I had a character/nation built from a nations game that never fired for a number of reasons. Still liked the work I put into him, so I worked on a campaign that has him as the BBEG. Problem is that it runs from level 5 to 30, and I don't think I'm going to find a group willing enough to stick around that long.

Oh man sign me up! Have you got a specific towns from Washington for the setting or are you just going for the generally rainy and heavily Forrested astheic? I ask cause I'm from Washington.

I'd actually love to play in that, but yeah, you're screwed as far as finding a full set of players that won't call it isekai right from the get-go.

(Nevermind that that premise is goddamn ancient...)

I've tried to liken it to an alien invasion plot where the party are the aliens, but as soon as I mention medieval fantasy some asshole says "Oh, like GATE?" or something like that.

Haha, right now I'm leaning more towards making a place up for the aesthetic, like you said. Drawing my own Smalltown USA® is actually surprisingly relaxing to boot, and fitting a plot into it should be easier with a custom map.

I still have a lot of work to do before this thing is anywhere near getting off the ground, though. That plot I mentioned fitting in is still in the growing stages, for starters. If I do decide to go online with it, I still have to learn how to use discord, roll20, and so on, and I crucially I have to find and learn a system for running it in the first place 'cause I've only played D20 games before and I feel like this could benefit from something with less crunch.

Maybe you really COULD run it as an alien-invasion game from the players' perspective. Think about Expedition to the Barrier Peaks: the players wouldn't know they were exploring a spaceship and finding alien weapons unless they put together the pieces. You could make the medieval-fantasy world inhabited by blue-skinned people with weird anatomy or something. You'd lose the aesthetic, but to be honest, that aesthetic is what would get this marked as GATE-esque in the first place. You can't not have your GATE and play it, too.

Sounds tense. Do they have to do something in the meantime? Otherwise it seems like it would just turn into a game of Mafia.

Wouldn't drinking nothing but Nuka-Cola give you cancer or turn you into a ghoul or something? I'm not that up to snuff on Fallout physics.

One of the players is a member of royalty, like a princess or something, and the rest are members of her court/entourage/guard. I just think it'd make for a cool party dynamic.
Oddly enough, the only faggot I've ever met who wanted to play as a cute princess was myself___________________________________

I want to do the same thing, but everyone has to play the next generation of someone else's hero.

>tfw none of my groups ever stayed alive to do multi-generational adventures
>tfw probably less than half of them even stayed alive long enough to complete their quests
so it goes

I've always wanted to run fun game that all players and GM enjoy.

My group has done something super similar to this with the Aeon Trinity games (Adventure, Aberrant, and Trinity). We did 30s pulp adventurers, modern day imprisoned supers/aberrants, and then near future hard sci-fi psions.

Was breddy fun.

Maybe the mad whisperings of the half-slumbering Old God? I haven't thought it out that well. That's a big reason why I probably won't be able to do it for a long time, if I ever can! My group doesn't care for Dwarves.

I was thinking it'd end when they'd eventually reach the Old God, somehow force back into slumber for an even longer period of time, and are graced by a "good" God to return back to the surface with all their treasures.

Ooh, that's a cool idea!
>A sound like a boulder turning boils behind you, and a black maw of dirt opens into a tunnel, revealing what looks like fluorescent light coming from the other end.
>You half-hear a grumbling from the grinding rocks. "I am buried here, hmm, with such stores... shining, seemly and shining, unseen by Sun or son for such solemn centuries... You will not see sunlight again without me."
I'd worry about it feeling like a railroad, though. Perhaps bring the new god into the story from the beginning as well, make it a choice for the party which one to cooperate with? Each god would offer boons in each area for doing different things, so the party has the opportunity to, say, sacrifice a cultist from an adjacent biome to a den of spiders to enmirth the Gold God or destroy the nests to appease the new one? Also, in that last sentence, "Gold God" was a typo, but there might be something there so I'll leave it alone. Perhaps a thematic tie to the hook where the party dug too deep for treasure.
>My group doesn't care for Dwarves
what a shame desu

Always remember that if your players come back to your games, they most likely enjoy playing with you, or they would be doing something else

Modern setting where humanity is infected by alien "demons" that are spiritual parasites literally riding around on their unaware hosts. The players are "awake" in that their aliens after hundreds of generations are in essence retards or weak willed enough to loose control. The players have "magic powers" in that they can order these invisible beings to do stuff, but the more powerful their powers the more likely they are to be retaken by their parasites. Had a big campaign thought out about the aliens being responsible for "pre-diluvium" humans having much longer lifespans- the mythical "golden age" ended when they showed up and started feeding on humanity.

Low magic, dark fantasy setting where the players are part of a mercenary company a'la The Black Company. Cool nicknames and all.

I've always wanted to run a Shadowrun campaign that's basically just Ocean's Eleven. I sat down for the better part of a week and planned out a full campaign centered around stealing a powerful totem from a casino owned by a dragon for a flamboyantly gay troll mob shotcaller who was secretly a dragon. I went so far as to map our the whole casino and vault (which was placed underneath a nearby lake) with multiple avenues of approach and escape and infiltration.

I put this all together for my internet friends who wanted to play, about 6 or 7 in total. I walked them all through the character generation process and worked with them individually to put together their characters. I decided to throw together an introductory run to get them used to the system and how to play.

>Day of get my last character back
>Player, obsessed with Kurt Kobain, decided to literally just make Kurt Kobain with no backstory other than Kurt Kobain
>Had maxed out literally every skill and check
>Purchased nothing
>Was something like 600 points over
>Fixed his character real fast, explained that he's a brooding charismatic musician with minor magic abilities, and explained how he can still help the group without being a combat powerhouse
>Start up the campaign for everyone, a simple smash and grab on a data site in a high-rise
>Our only Street Sam went to go get a drink
>Came back literally seconds after I posted the introductory text into the chat
>He throws a temper tantrum that we started without him and refuses to play again
>Kurt Kobain proceeds to masturbate in the middle of the meeting with Johnson
>We all ignore it
>He just leaves moments later
>Rest of the characters dick around until I railroad them
>Still takes three sessions for the first run
>Try to enact the campaign with some setup runs
>Campaign peters out after that and never really gets going

I never want to GM again.
>mfw they want me to DM 5e

Isn't that just scientology?

Hunt them down and kill them.

L. Ron pls

A Deathwatch campaign where at some point they player characters end up in a desperate battle, where they die off one by one in the encounters. Finally the last man standing is facing an overwhelming final boss, when Legion of the Damned shows up, and the players who lost their characters are given the control of them. The LotD characters heavily resemble the characters that they lost earlier and after the final battle is over, they vanish without a trace while the lone survivor is looking away. The remains of the fallen player characters are nowhere to be found.

That sounds fucking awesome, not gonna lie.

youtube.com/watch?v=wE87YiZPwTc

should answer all your questions

>Napoleonic-esq setting where the players are officers or camp followers dealing with life on the campaign and the internal politics of a Napoleonic military.

>Party crews a patrol boat in the frozen outreaches of a country. Doing mundane things like catching criminals or delivering mail, but also spooky paranormal stuff.

>A low fantasy viking inspired game, going on raids but also cozy at home stuff too

Literally anything, I am a lazy lump.

Just a simple old 5E campaign in a dungeon, but the entrance seals up behind them and they have to be super tight with every arrow and spell component. Swords break, food runs low. In most campaigns i just kinda let that stuff go as like 'you spend 20 gold at town and restock everything. ' but i remember playing 1st edition where you needed a mirror and rope and paint. It was intense.

Why not run it in an OSR system, which'll be built for that?

Sorry, fucked off for a bit there. By asynchronous I meant not playing at the same time. Basically play by post over a chat program.

>Heavy Metal
>Darksun
>Pirates of Dark Water
If only my best/least autistic player wasn't a huge aquaphobe.

To answer the question about drinking that much nuka cola:

Don't think about it, fallout radiation is magic

A while ago, Veeky Forums made a pretty neat setting about biomechanical horrors living in the foggy ruins of the old world while mankind cloistered together in cities and sent expeditions into the fog for retrieval. Would love to run a game in that

>You finally get this dream but sometimes the only other player has rather autismal metagaming tendencies

Murder mystery that spirals into a mega conspiracy set in a Victorian horror (like in Innistrad + cthulu) where each player rolls at beginning of campaign what type of monstrous infection they have. The longer they take to solve the more the mutation progresses.

I love looking at some higher level spells and thinking how on their own they could create an entire narrative. Like the Imprisonment spell, you could have en entire lower level campaign based solely around accidentally releasing something from that spell.

I think it would be awesome to have a murder mystery set in a Magnificent Mansion. You'd probably have to bump up the floor space the spell allows, but other than that it can be a pretty standard murder mystery set in D&D. It's not a concentration spell, so theoretically the caster could be the one to die, setting a 24 hour time limit until the spell ends and any hope of finding evidence of the killer is lost. In fact it probably should be the caster who dies to allow for unexpected things in the rooms.
But I don't think I'd ever find people willing to play that. Combat would be very rare.

A Mordenkainen's Magnificent Murder Mystery is a great idea. If I ever want to put together a whodunnit, I'm likely to steal this.

>hand drawn hexagon mapcrawl
>each hex refers to a general area, such as the swamp of sorrows or whatever
>each hex has information about danger level + how long it takes to pass through
>set in new, unexplored lands with a couple of colonial cities

I usually play online except for one shots during get togethers. And I can't draw, either.

I've got one that I've been dying to run for a while. Made it as sort of a Ghost in the shell/Perfect dark type world. Less like Shadow Run and more corporations that are a little more benevolant. At least some of them.

Had a lot planned out already. Corporations, missions, even the technology level and how cybernetics advanced so much so quickly, how laws were shaped because of it. Plus a few real, and not real conspiracies.

Go for it user

Idk /tg always acts like they all know every system but it took me since it came out to be confident with just 5th.

Not a specific campaign, but I've got various set-pieces I'm dying to fit somewhere.
>A crawl through some magitech (sea/air) ship, complete with an engine room that would give Banjo-Kazooie players PTSD flashbacks
>Underdark cavern with psionics-enhancing crystals, which can be telepathically moved by ordinary people
>Rushing through a place that's slowly flooding with water/magma
>etc etc etc.

>dungeon architect campaign
Oh hell yes, I'd play/DM this.

Oh, god, of course they wouldn't be run at the same time! That would be utter madness, especially with an IRL group as I've generally been thinking of it. I figure I would run each on a different day of the week, and then once circumstances made it so that one group ought to encounter another, I'd end the session and reschedule so that the appropriate groups would show up at the same time.

>Earthbound-like game where a couple of kids have magic powers and have to save the world, set in the 50's. The players are just as used to hitting enemies with baseball bats or firing slingshots as they are casting spells. Implications that the world used to be more D&D-like, with magic and fantasy races in abundance. Cheesy humor, lots of puns, and Jojo naming themes in that every character is named after a band, song, album, etc.

Make that last one or I'm hurting you, user.

"user in Equestria"

It's a well-built, unique world with its own races, cultures and even rules of nature, and it would be fun to see how some people who didn't know the show would fare in it.

As a more realistically attainable version of this, I intend to someday run exactly that campaign but with all the sentient races switched to something more common, without mentioning the players where the maps and lore come from.

Giant robots on the high seas, anime weirdness where the age of piracy was altered by some mad genius somehow inventing and popularizing mecha during that time. Not so much steampunk as it is just pirate times but there just happen to be modern futuristic giant robots that the pirates and sailors use. Cargo ships are much larger as a result.

Wait, so are the boats themselves mechs? Are they wading through the ocean like Pacific Rim?

A full sad mode game set in a fantasy civil war based on the breakup of yugoslavia

Minus all the rape probably

My own games are filled with so many jokes and shit that I can't even imagine a sad one

This is based off a dream I had, so therefore my explanation is going to be poorly written.

A one-off with a few few of my friends, where they all play as chocolate cereal mascots trying to raid the R&D vault of Kellogg. Kellogg is developing some kind of cereal superweapon and the other cereal companies have to send their genetically-engineered mascots to stop them. The superweapon is the Krave cereal monster.

Think the Dai-Gurren

I have roughly 3 settings I want to put enough work into so I can run them

>Age of Sail game featuring cute boatgirls who act as ship's heavy weapon
>Cape game where there's an inworld reason for why names and titles are passed on
>Slightly furry adventurer school game

>the party is part of the city watch in Sigil
>the party are paranormal investigators who go on rompy ghostbusters-esque adventures
>the party is a group of dwarves from different clans trying to unite all the great clans and form a new glorious dwarf empire
>the world is basically dead after an apocalyptic god war that killed all the gods and the party heads to some island tomb/dungeon for a dark souls-esque adventure to find and sign the contract that created the world and become the new gods and restore the world
>a game the follows the same events as Final Fantasy 1, SaGa 1, or SaGa 3

The one where I die in real life by gunshot.

I tried to run a vampire game set in 1750s Canada about occult politics and the struggles of life in a lawless frontier town, and another about warring cults and ethno-religious tensions in Roman Alexandria.

Both taught me that players will not do any homework, do not like to learn in the session, and will gladly derail a session instead of just saying they aren't interested in the premise.

>tfw none of your players know history and it makes you hate them

Red Markets?

A One Piece sort of game where the party characters would basically be the Strawhat pirates. I know for a fact that none of my players watched it, so I could basically go through the entire story with them in the main seat.

I was thinking of making it so that only npc characters can be "wizards" of sorts, at least pure casters and that most encounters are (against humanoids at least) with characters that have martial schools, aka Tome of Battle/Path of war. The characters would be given an option of having a random devil fruit in the begining which would open a new school for them and give them some passive abilities, but they wouldn't know what said fruit would give them and it would inhibit them from being able to swim...which is quite burdening for most D20 systems.

Protip: if you want to run something like that, don't try to kludge a D&D conversion. There's a ton of superhero games out there, from the lighter to the crunchier, some even d20-based (Mutants&Masterminds). Those would be a far better fit to represent something over the top and with wil powerlevels as One Piece.