WHY doesnt anyone like F.A.T.A.L ??

seriously its the best game if you want something more nuanced and deep than D&D,Pathfinder,The dark eye or anything else really
so why the hate Fa/tg/uys??

Other urls found in this thread:

iuniverse.com/Bookstore/BookDetail.aspx?BookId=SKU-000500196
thoulsparadise.blogspot.com.br/search/label/Atlantasia
twitter.com/AnonBabble

one of the developers said in a youtube interview, he likes to play it, and try to find people online that likes to play it

I want to but don't know where to start.

I would create a real character generator to create the char, if the game didnt had all those fucking huge tables

Obvious troll is obvious

It's the most obvious bait in the world, but what exactly entails a 'nuanced' and 'deep' game? I can only really think of games that have a specific design goal in mind, like OSR games where the story is created as a result of the gameplay loop.

How do you define a nuanced, deep gameplay experience? Genuinely curious about this.

Because Shadow of the Demon Lord exists.

I think there's one already made
We should resurrect an old Veeky Forums tradition and use it

Played a campaign of fatal once, it's actually a lot better than people give it credit for. Best combat system in any tabletop imo

enjoy rolling for anal circumference

storytime?

Are things like that integral to the system? Is it not possible to pretend those pages don't exist?

I've never played FATAL but I always imagined things like that weren't entirely integral and could be house-ruled away or ignored

>tfw OP first discovers 1d4chan.

Because I should be able to decide my anal depth potential for myself instead of leaving it to chance.

>TFW didn't even open to the chargen.

tg, I think its retarded.

Its unplayable.
To complex and confusing rules.
To long time to make a character.
6 side character cheat.

Is he sad that nobody picked up on his obvious satire?

Autism is an entry requirement, I suppose both posters and op have passed.

I just miss the old days where, whenever someone would ask this stupid stupid fucking question someone would roll out the character generator and show just how bad the game was

Came here to post this.

Ebin

I haven't seen bait this low quality since my brother tried to fish with torn up pieces of news paper while drunk.

I think in this case "deep and nuanced" means "shit ton of obtuse rules that governs fucking everything"

Red Mage (from 8-bit theater) had a perfect line for this, I'd post the comic if I could find it, but it went something like "Not being a freaky weirdo comes in handy in all kinds of situations."

>Are things like that integral to the system? Is it not possible to pretend those pages don't exist?

I think the damage tables refer to those stats.

Colour me mildly interested. Maybe a greentext can save this waste of a thread.

Because it's overly complex. It's not clear if it's meant as parody of rollplayers ("your apperance is completely random. Even your anus and nipples. No, you can't re-roll that") or the author honestly thought it was a good or funny idea, but, fact is, character generation requires an hour just to determine essential stats, and combat guides the Game Master's hand in descriptions to the point of sillyness (a broadsword can hit a liver for 10 damage. As in, you do 10 damage and then roll for what you hit.)

Then there's the fact there's tons of rape and jokes about sex.

FATAL is Hackmaster for gays

They do. There's rules for spontaneously starting to rape an opponent mid-combat, with damage based on girth vs circumference, among other things.

They are integral. Chargen is a mess of cross-referenced stats. To know your Appearance, you need to refer to your Nipple Length and Width stats. I'm not making this up.

Don't forget that Age affects your starting height, weight, and strength with a percentage modifier. Height affects your starting weight and strength with static mods. Weight affects your starting strength. Then Weight and height are used to calculate BMI (yes seriously) which affects appearance (yes seriously).

If anyone has any experience with any amount of math, they'd notice that simply being off the average in age will produce sudden freakish character body builds.

I remember sitting down once and trying to make a character by hand, to write a review. I gave up halfway the creation of my dwarf sex slave, when I realized I had to backtrack and adjust a bunch of stuff that would have cascaded into more modifiers.

RED IS MY MOD VOICE.

This thread is closed citing triggering conditions that users may encounter by viewing this subject matter.

Leave this thread and do not post again. This is a warning.

That's not red.

Yes it is.
Also, you are on a warning.
DO NOT REPLY TO RED TEXT.

Still ain't red.

What?! my rpgnet powers are useless here?!!
NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Sick meme, but RPG.net were shredding FATAL for its many real flaws ten years ago. Darren McLennan wrote a very long, not terribly SJWy tear-apart review and posted it there. Long has it passed into legend.

Those were the days before they turned into a LGBTQ forum tho.

To be honest, I don't think RPG.net has changed that much. Ten years ago the youth underculture was genuinely moralistic and accepting. Veeky Forums was actually unique in it's semi-ironic racism and general misanthropy. But youth culture changes, and now the hip young thing is to be nihilistic and hateful. Then again, pic related.

Eh, I remember having discussions there without half the thread being banned for going outside the groupthink. Can't say the same about my last visits. And I don't mean calling people niggers or fags like we do here, I mean shit like "warning because the tabletop industry is made of REAL PEOPLE and you might hurt somebody's feelings if you give a bad review".

>Ten years ago the youth underculture was genuinely moralistic and accepting.
10 years ago I was 14, and I can assure you we were not moralistic or accepting.

and you felt the need to point it out?
you make threads to say that the sea is wet, too?

Whats better, FATAL or MYFAROG?

I haven't read MYFAROG in depth, but I was under the impression that it's actually playable under the questionable content. FATAL doesn't even get past chargen.

because the LARP scene is dead

>Its unplayable.
Yes it is because:
1-if you are an adult you need to get an random job.
2-jobs have prehequisites
3-Stats are random

You can't be worse than fatal, unless its that rape rpg

>It's not clear if it's meant as parody of rollplayers
> or the author honestly thought it was a good or funny idea

One of the developers explained at an interview told the story

>they only knew and played ad&d
>they liked to play evil people and houseruled the hell out of ad&d
>d&d 3.0 is released
>instead of getting 3.0 and houseruling the hell out of it, they decide to make their own rpg

MYFAROG is just a mediocre and overcomplicated OSR heartbreaker. FATAL is broken on so many levels I'm convinced the writers ignored or forgot most of their own rules when playing it.

Ten years ago I was 19, and Veeky Forums had a sense of warped brotherhood at some level. Now the stormfags are running the asylum.

MYFAROG. They're both bad, but FATAL is in the "So bad it's notable for just how bad it is" and MYFAROG occupies that awkward valley between "So bad it's notable" and "Bad, but still playable", Forgettable bad, if you will.
You mean the Sweden RPG where having fun is literally against the rules?

Realms of Atlantasia's much better. And it's even available in hard copy.
iuniverse.com/Bookstore/BookDetail.aspx?BookId=SKU-000500196

Did someone summon me?

Sure it is

thoulsparadise.blogspot.com.br/search/label/Atlantasia

Except /co/. They've gone full /co/mblr over there.

> why is fatal a thing?
/d/

>bumping a 2 hour old thread that was about to fall off the board

Damn straight.