What elements should I include for a fantasy world based on Ancient Greece besides lots of weird monsters...

What elements should I include for a fantasy world based on Ancient Greece besides lots of weird monsters, jackass gods who rape a lot of mortals, and a completely uncaring world of nature?

Inescapable fate. "Hubris" is not simple overconfidence; it is trying (and always failing) to fight fate. Hear that you are fated to kill your father and bone your mother and decide to leave town to avoid that? Guess what chucklefuck, that asshole you killed over right-of-way at an intersection was your REAL dad and your current lay is your REAL mom!

Fate is a thing and you can't cheat it.

Every supernatural being - god, nature spirit, whatever - is extremely petty.

Marble, bronze, olives and lamb.

Oracles are awesome. Just say something completely meaningless, and let THEM figure it out.

Gods interfering in combat by mortals. They do that all the time in the Iliad on both sides, often at the expense of minor characters.

Great feats of manliness and long winded rants in the middle of combat are also commonplace. Chucking a big rock is a very common maneuver in greek myth, since it crushes armor like a spear can't.

Aqueduct races.
Couple of young hooligans make boats and sail on the water transports.
High speed chases that don’t involve magiteck or smells like horse shit.

Mountains, mostly calm sea full of islands, city states at each other's throat

the gods, while I like mine almost no existant, greek type of gods is good too, just one thing - make ruler of the underworld a nice dude, like hade's

Underworld adventures! Lots of stories involve a hero going to the underworld via some sea-cave. No portals to hell here, it's right under the ground.

>Oracles are awesome. Just say something completely meaningless, and let THEM figure it out.
Oh yes. Especially if the answer is vague and could be interpreted in many ways

Sparta and Athens analogues are a must. The former moreso, if only because people are more readily familiar with Sparta tropes and they're expecting it.

But definitely do some research on the concept of city-states. I think it's a really interesting political system for a fantasy game. Most people forego it in favor of some nebulously unified kingdom.

Greek gods are powerful but the rules say no god can undo another god's work. When Hera cursed Tiresias with blindness, Zeus couldn't fix it and had to give him the power to see the future as a compensation.

Not only gods raping mortal, but your heroes raping all over the place, even the corpses of their slain opponents if they are attractive enough

There's also examples of Gods losing battles against mortals during the Trojan war?

Sure they are gods so they won't die from a mortal fighting them, but they still got knocked back.

Read some Greek history. Apparently they were religiously zealous and each polis had its own patron gods, which meant every summer some asshats would meet on a plain somewhere, stand in neat rows, and try to skewer the living shit out if the other crazies who defiled their sacred field

Wrong board

>le falseflagging questfaggot

I don't see any discussions on tabletop RPG's, card games, or board games, ergo, it's shit that needs to be moved to /qst/ sooner rather than later. Don't get mad at me because you're breaking the rules, simply apologize and make sure to remember that only tabletop discussion belongs on Veeky Forums.
>inb4 muh world building
World building is an excuse to talk about off topic bullshit without getting nuked from orbit. It's no different than posting a "stat me" thread or a thinly veiled political shitpost while pretending to be in relation to a "campaign" that you're planning.

Imagine (still) being this buttblasted over quests.
They're never coming back, bitch-ass nigga.

They can only really lose if there's another god helping the mortal, like Diomedes wounding Ares and Aphrodite. One was because in a significant chunk of Greece Ares was thought of as a weakling and a coward, the other because Aphrodite was not meant to be a war goddess

Under normal circumstances wounding a god is a grave offense to Olympus even if you CAN wound one. Same way it's fair game for a goddess to turn you into a deer and make your own hounds devour you if she catches you accidentally peeping on her. The gods have no concept or need for appropiate retribution - that's why Achilles' rage is compared to the gods', and not in a good way, since he's a demigod acting beyond his station

Clearly you're a shitposter if you're this upset about being told to post your thread in the correct board.

>questfag falseflagging as an antiquestfag to get the mods off his tail
It's not going to work, you already revealed yourself.

>can't make meta threads about quests because mods would ban him
>can't make meta threads of any sort anymore out of /qa/ because mods would ban him
>must look for an actual good thread to attention whore about quests instead

>good thread
>21 posts after 13 hours
Pick one

You questfags are getting desperate!

One last pity (You)

What this user said. Greek gods are almost more disproportionate in their reactions than even someone like YHWH. Also, heroics and morality are VASTLY different from our time. A good example is Odysseus, who is kind of a really big dick to everyone he dislikes (including but not limited to cheating a prophecy so another man dies, getting his revenge on the man that tricked him into coming to Troy, making the wooden horse, which while ingenious and war-ending could be considered extremely dishonorable and so on), cheats on his wife constantly while making his way home (in some stories he is killed in old age by his son with Circe). Achilles himself is quite a bastard as well, and so is the greatest hero ever, Heracles.
However, there is a cadre of heroes who are more or less noble by modern standards, such as Diomedes and such... but even these won't hesitate to kill a downed opponent and will rarely show mercy

You can't really fairly discern Ares character from an Athenian play lauding one of their heroes against their enemies. Ares problem was not that he was a coward or in any form weak, it was that he was fundamentally a borderline barbaric God in the eyes of Central, Attican, and Ionian Greeks. His largest cults, sans the one located in Sparta, were all located in Thrace, one of the northernmost and wild parts of what we consider ancient Greece. Since we get the majority of our myth and history of the period from Athenian Accounts, Ares, both the Gods of Northern barbarians AND their Spartan rivals to the South was an incredibly unsavory God for obvious reasons, so naturally they underplay his potency at any opportunity.

Good, I was getting tired or arguing with shitposters anyways. Just don't be surprised if your thread gets deleted for being off topic bullshit.