I mean, female characters should at the very least have some sort of strength penalty...

I mean, female characters should at the very least have some sort of strength penalty. Its ridiculous how in almost all systems men and women are the exact same and there is no difference between the two sexes even though there are biological differences in real life.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KPxSS1zHWwQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Well depends how long they train for, but it depends on who has more dex or what not. EH fuck it, I am not at Veeky Forums to argue the biology of humans.

This is now a Made in Abyss thread. I don't know jack shit about it but I'm certain it would be a much better thread than the bollocking about you're trying to pull here with your autism.

That said, should I read the manga or watch the anime? I've not read anything all the way through since Soul Eater.

If you compare a man and a woman, in a hypothetical scenario where they are both just as healthy and fit, the man will always be stronger than the woman. This is just fact

"I'm tired of the endless gender war arguments and troll post, I'll hit Veeky Forums so I can read about silly games for a while"
>this is the first topic

what is MAKE BELIEVE, fuck

How is this even a debate, always read the manga

The only time this isn't what you should do is if the anime came first, like with Gundam or Evangelion

yeah egalitarianism is make believe, i agree user

But seriously, I do miss having quest threads on Veeky Forums.

Fullmetal Alchemist called, both anime adaptions beat the manga.

You aren't playing a human, you are playing a hero. They have different rules.

What were your favorite quests?

>we traded quests for generals

If you insist on doing this, it shouldn't be a strength penalty but a (base) strength cap. Exceptional women can rival the physical prowess of strong men, just not the strongest men.

didnt realise "heroes" didnt abide by biology

Alright, so long as male characters get a penalty to spot checks and sense motive.

High levels of testosterone limit your ability to see and recognize color, as well as reduce empathy. The stereotype of the wife choosing between paint colors and the husband not being able to tell the difference? That's because women actually do see more different colors than men do, science fact.

I've played games where the DM mandated that men get +1 to strength and constitution and women get +1 to dex and wisdom, just to get people playing sexes because it's good for the character they want.

Can we have a thread about undead PCs in a heroic light?

They are measured by competency not probability

dont ability scores measure your competency? not the fact that youre a PC

This is something like the 5th damn thread in barely 2 days. Slow your roll.

Why don't you take the strength penalty yourself during character creation?

>Can literally be ganked by a skeleton, who is animated by a festering necrotic git.
>Stronk females? That's ridiculous.

It's ridiculous how in almost all systems there isn't a required CON roll every 12 hours to see if you catch a disease of some kind and then a d100 roll to see what you caught. Also, players should be required to roll a family/medical history to determine their challenge ratings for rolling for cancer, heart disease, etc. How can TTRPGs dare to claim to be a reflection of the real world if you never have a stroke in the middle of an encounter?

>300 replies, 97 images omitted

>abide by biology
>In a setting with dragons
Your obsession with "realism" is why no one plays with you user

How about we just don't all reply.

If you play a white guy you should get a penalty to any disease check, disadvantage to any strength or intelligence check
we could also sage which is what i do

Wring in this case. The manga is full of guro, watersports, pedoshit and garbage. Stick to the anime. It preserved the good parts and sanitized the magical realm.

Only women and fags play female characters

Read the manga, gotcha.

They do, in fact in one book it's explicitly said that you don't make a strength check to see who is stronger the same way you don't make a height check to see who is taller.

It's genuinely worse, but you can do whatever you want, user.

>HE MADE A -4 STRENGTH THREAD, THE ABSOLUTE MADMAN

Fine, by courtesy of their two X chromosomes, women have an increased muscle density in the fantasy setting. Even with their skinnier arms and slighter frame, they measure up with the male peers.

Mine sure as hell don't if we're going by real world biological limits. I'm pretty sure no man alive can throw a grizzly bear, with one arm, several dozen meters. Stop being a wanker here and go comment on a MGTOW video

Stop being a fag and do both
Watch animu for the visuals and voice acting, then read the mango from the beginning to see everything that the anime didn't include or glossed over.

You are playing someone who by definition is exceptional
Therefore the stats are whatever you can buy or roll

Guro and pedoshit doesn't bother me (I read through Tokyo Akazukin, Franken Fran, and Kodomo no Jikan), once my internet is good again I'll watch it but for now, plundering the manga.

its fantasy, edgelord

Manga's gore is more brutal and it shows kid titties. Anime has very nice music
youtube.com/watch?v=KPxSS1zHWwQ
That said, it only covers half of the first arc

Personally I went first half of anime > binge read all of the manga > finish anime, and had a pretty good time with it

Male human: +1 str
Female human:+1 con
There you go.

Also, PCs are usually exemplars of their race, highly trained and with good genetics. With every statistic there is an outlier to confound it.

I think that's what Arcanum did. Or something like it.

No (you) for you OP.

>white guy
>disadvantage to disease strength or intelligence checks

Lol aren't whites the disease resistant bastards that survived the black plague and destroyed entire cultures that didn't have such resistances?

as for strength and intelligence those aren't hard to dispel. Just look at olympic records and average IQ/history's great people

How many times do have to have this fucking thread?

real life is a stale meme

You know exactly why this is, and you know exactly what to do if you don't like it. Quit posting this shitty bait please.

>people arguing that in FANTASY SETTINGS, strong female exist
>lets talk about female bikini armor
Feminist double standard

You must play female characters then

He said he read Tokyo Akazukin, I doubt kid nipples would even phase him

Yep, and niggers should get -1 int and wis but +1 to charisma and agi

-No female can have a natural Strength Score greater than 14, any points over 14 can be transferred to dexterity or charisma. Females cannot raise their strength score over 14 by gaining levels, or by any natural in-game means.
-Females can cast an extra two 1st level spells per day, if they choose a spellcasting class (arcane, divine or psionic).This applies only to the first class they choose. The extra magical energy is due to females being able to store extra “mana”. If they are not a spellcasting class they receive an extra 4 skill points at 1st level which however are not multiplied.

It's more the ones with inborn immunity passed that gene on after it annihilated most of Europe.

Strength & Bodyweight Correlation
Str Score/Body Weight for small to medium-sized humanoids
12/lowest is 56 Kg
13/lowest is 62 Kg
14/lowest is 77 Kg
15/lowest is 85 Kg
16/lowest is 94 Kg
17/lowest is 105 kg
18/lowest is 106 kg
18+/add 15 kgs to lowest bw limit

No the fact is you are a faggot

>What were your favorite quests?
Lego Quest, CrabQuest, the Street Fighter one...

You know what else there's a real-life difference between? Veeky Forums and /r9k/!

>Just look at olympic records
Yeah, white people like Usain Bolt.
>average IQ
Which is dominated by asians and jews.

>No female can have a natural Strength Score greater than 14, any points over 14 can be transferred to dexterity or charisma. Females cannot raise their strength score over 14 by gaining levels, or by any natural in-game means.
But halflings and gnomes can?

Any female, halflings and gnomes, regardless of race. It does not apply only to human females.

>Tokyo Akazukin
AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Are we really doing a -4 Str thread in 2017? Don't you kids have homework or something?

You're also forgetting that men should get a penalty to iron sight aiming (both having basically the same at hip fire aiming).

Fun > realism

Using Intimidate instead of Bluff or Diplomacy to initiate a sexual encounter is perfectly valid and not rape.

It's not like using social skills takes away free will - if she doesn't want it she can just say no, or leave my hotel room.

It's not unrealistic for a 3' tall man to have the same strength as a champion weightlifter.

Did someone say female armour thread?

Its already hare enough to get women to play these games. Now we should add insults to the mechanics?

I'm going to assume that that's a joke.

>I'm going to assume that that's a joke.
The fact that you feel the need to post this comment sums up everything that's gone wrong with modern Veeky Forums.

>Having strength differences in male and female characters is the norm in DnD
How about you kill yourself faggot?

I love the "full plate on the top, nothing on the bottom" look.

>session zero of game
>explain my games have STR penalties for females
>That Girl at table punches me, catching me by surprise
>"still think i deserve a strength penalty?"
>tell her it didn't actually hurt, so yes
>she complains to LGS staff that I'm sexist, I get a suspension

so much for the tolerant left

Well that's your problem, real life.

Please tell me practical armor is in jest

tongue-in-cheek yes

It's how I tell them apart from my other armoured-ladies pictures

>Hate women
>Love ladyknights
O MY RUBBER FEELS

>Hate women

wat

More ladyknights it

Women also have both higher sensitivity and tolerance to pain. It's why a girl might cry at a papercut but won't die of shock while giving birth.

Is this your first day on Veeky Forums? Or planet Earth for that matter? Is it so difficult to imagine that not everyone thinks women are the best thing since sliced bread?

>won't die of shock while giving birth
That's the most common female cause of death in the pre-industrialized world outside of diseases though, what the fuck are you even talking about? And that's ignoring the hormones a woman releases during childbirth. Women have a higher tolerance to pain than men under THAT SINGLE, VERY SPECIFIC CIRCUMSTANCE because that's literally their only biological raison d'être. A woman who dies during childbirth is a failure and hopefully a genetic dead end.