Would you allow that?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tRlQQ15XbGA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Eh, sure.

Why not as long as hes willing to deal with all the penalties

So a halfling then.

yes but he'd have a halflings racial penalties with none of the bonuses

Sure, why not? I don't game with tasteless cretins, so I know for sure that this character will be memorable, intetesting and nuanced, not some shitty copy of Tyrion or teehee Macaroni tier "funny character".

Well Tyrion is a super acrobatic cartwheeling backflipping Dwarf, so depending on your setting you could leave the bonuses.

Martin actually regrets that scene with a backflip in the first book. Serves him right for not doing the most basic fucking research about the medical condition of one of his main characters.

Of course

Yup. Why not ?

youtube.com/watch?v=tRlQQ15XbGA

Don't see why not. I don't run stuff where that'd make a mechanical difference anyway.

>Martin actually regrets that scene with a backflip in the first book
Didn't stop him from doubling down in ADwD

Well, why the fuck not. So long as they are ok with a few penalties here and there i see no problem with their request.

Mhm. Why the fuck not?

It was more of a weak excuse as to why Tyrion could do it.

Everyone plays and is treated as if they were 6' tall handsome white men after the first 15 minutes so I don't see why it would matter.

you mean a midget? they shouldn't be adventuring.

What is the barbarian going to toss if not?

Say ok then make the whole setting little people and little races, the other players at the table will be the snowflakes then.

m.n.shamalama.jpg

That doesn't stop people who write about trannies

Do Halflings have dwarfism? Do Dwarves?

Why would it?

Halflings with dwarfism die either before birth or few days after, midget dwarves once drank from elven god's cauldron and became gnomes

>/pol/tard sees a thread on Veeky Forums that isn't currently talking about identity politics
>/pol/tard thinks to himself, "This thread would be better if people were talking about trannies instead of dwarfs"

Why not? There'd be some physical attribute penalties, naturally, but purely for realism's sake.

Was actually my very first character around a table. Very basic rule set, with a few examples for monster. I asked if I could make a goblin, DM wasn't on board, so instead I made a human midget. A stupid, cowardly, really ugly midget.

Probably one of my funnest characters.

If you have to ask yourself wether to something or not, you are a bad gm.

That being said, sure, I would it, but I would make sure he would be aware of particular restrictions. A human with dwarfism would find his life very hard in a grimdark gray sad rainy world of Warhammer, for example. Also modifiers to his strength, dexterity, maybe toughness.

One word thou - if someone wanted to play a smart, mouthy, wealthy dwarf who likes whores and drinking and his name is Tarion Lonoster I would smack them.

There's also a scene in the book about how, as a teenager, he used to walk on his hands and do all kinds of acrobatics to amuse his uncle before his father found out and forbade him from doing it.

So he's been training for it

Depends what we're playing.

Only if get to have actual dwarves give him shit about his lackluster human beard every time they're around.

Midgets and dwarfs are not the same thing.

What reason would you have to not allow that? As long as he is willing to deal with the disadvantages of having dwarfism instead of being a halfling that isn't actually a halflinf I see nothing wrong with it.

Yes, as a reskinned Hobbit.

Sure ok

Absolutely. I'd give them a bonus to something else to make it fair and then boom: interesting character.

Charisma

Everyone loves little people, after all.

Literally happened in the first game I ever ran. He used it to rally a mob of enslaved dwarfs.

>A stupid, cowardly, really ugly midget.
Just say midget

I do feel bad for humans with dwarfism in fantasy settings.

Like how many times do they just get totally shut down by someone they're into who probably would be interested in them but knows they can't have viable offspring with a Gnome, Dwarf, or Halfling so they won't commit to a long-term relationship?

I feel like to a halfling a human with dwarfism would look like Sloth from The Goonies anyway. They're kind of just double fucked in that they would get the worst of both worlds

>retard sees a post by a supposed /pol/tard
>retard thinks to himself, "This thread would be better if I gave him a (you) and mentioned /pol/ instead of ignoring him"

Smaller target, they could be just as good as a mage. The could rest on a barbarians shoulders too, mad max style, to form the ultimate fighter.

Well yea actual non-human shorties wouldn't be likely to be interested to begin with, but I was talking about what normal humans would think.

Like it'd be really hard to convince someone that such a thing could exist that wasn't just a Gnome, Dwarf, or Halfling either trying to pull a fast one or being completely nuts thinking they're a human.

>virtue signalling newfag sees jocular post calling out stupidity
>virtue signalling newfag thinks to himself "This will surely win me friends and respect for time to come"

>"virtue signalling"
>it was just a joke guis!

ah the two trademarks of the caught /pol/tard

>virtue signalling
>"I don't know what that word means"
>jocular
>"I was just pretending to be retarded"

Sure, it's just a human with one less Size which is a free trait during chargen since PCs tend to be exceptional members of their race.

It's just a joke, mate. Chuckle and keep scrolling. Your outgroup bantering and having a good time ear you isn't actually an act of agression.

Go to a circus sometime, or just watch some wrestling. Acrobatic midgets are not some mythological thing.

I have an urban fantasy character who has gigantism funnily enough

Maybe he saw a circus in the mean-time?

It's a real thing, even now. I thought the original story was pretty good, child-Tyrion thought it would be hilarious to be like the circus-midgits, his uncles thought it was hilarious and Tywin knew that it was demeaning and humiliating and put a stop to it.

>wants to play a human with dwarfism
Use the halfing physical stats and the human mental ones.

>assuming peak &d
He'd retain human skill points and bonus feat
Small size obviously, that's mostly a benefit for non-combat classes
-2 con but maybe not +2 dex, depending on whether you're simulationist or fantasy.
If fantasy then sure, +2 dex to 'compensate'
If realistic then no, it's a disability and makes you worse.

You might have to explain to your player that disabilities don't give you super-powers, they just suck. OTOH: if they expected an offset bonus then you're playing fantasy not simulation and sure, give them their +2dex or whatever.

Gigantism doesn't have quite the same response as Dwarfism though, particularly in an imaginary setting where the player characters tend to be at least 6'6 anyway.

yeah but there's an involved explanation involving magic returning and acromegaly there. Though admittedly that's different from the role of dwarves and midgets in semi-historical fantasy settings.

Sure, he can just stay keep Str/Con analogues fairly low, and if it's a system with move and size rules he'll take a hit there.

Recently I've been playing PF, Savage Worlds and OG Star Wars, the last two are trivial and in PF you just get 20 move, small size and go.

>It's just a joke
But it wasn't funny or even chuckle worthy, the joke is basically just saying "trannies lol" out of nowhere, very shitty /pol/ tier humor akin to saying "yet people still write stories about niggers"

>Your outgroup bantering and having a good time ear you isn't actually an act of agression.
wtf

Yep. This user is right. Not every board needs to hear the same shitty /pol/ and /b/ memes all the time. Those two boards already give this site the bad reputation it has. Can't you fucks be satisfied with being the shitty main characters of this website?

It's funny because he's right though.

There used to be a time when mods would clean up any /b/ behavior outside of /b/, but stupid phone posters have made that impossible.

better one

also, why not get two players to play as a blind man and a midget up on his shoulders being his eyes ? monks maybe ?

this

This.

lol irl dwarfs can do backflips just fine.

>Yet Q comes after P in the English alphabet
hahahaha.... ?????

This

Not this

What if I want to play an Orc with dwafism

This desu

But a bit more agile