See this? This is an old chinese caltrop bomb. Scary, right?

See this? This is an old chinese caltrop bomb. Scary, right?

I am trying to spice up my martial campaign a little by using those sort of gadgets. Give me all your strange, non-magical gadgets/bombs/tools/weapons. Real or fictional, just an idea, a picture or otherwise.

A name and an ideia is appreciated. Rules are a plus, but not required.

Other urls found in this thread:

greatmingmilitary.blogspot.com.br/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Scary, right?
Nah, looks kinda goofy.

It does, i agree.

Until it explodes o top of you. And caltrops start raining. The ones that don't flay your skin will be lying around on the floor, forcing you to watch your step and move at lower speeds.

THE HORROR!

how modern is your campaign? the effective tech available does define a lot of possibiltiies.

Kind of a renascence period.

I am playing around with Faerun during the wailing years, when they had a supposed rise in technology. But nevermind the setting, i can adapt your ideas as long it's not futuristic

Fire-siphons. Perhaps even a man-portable version.

>renascence period.
You could have cannons then. And armored jorse carts with more cannon.

There was an obscure ninja weapon that was basically a bear trap on a long wooden haft. You'd use a lever to pry the sharpened spring leaves apart, set two special blocks between notches on the leaves, then you could thrust the thing at a person. Ideally, their neck hits the blocks dislodging them and causing the spring blades to snap together and cut off their head. Might be cool.

Look into the bombs from Assassin's Creed: Revelations.
In addition to a caltrop bomb, I find the ones containing datura, blood, and pyrite gold to be interesting ideas.

That's neat!

This is the sort of thing i am looking for. I should take a look at this series again, for shameless stealing.

Any other game i should take a look for....inspiration?

are guns in the setting?

No matter how many people quote the facts at me, I will always love gun hammers.

There are. Flintlocks and the like. I am giving faerun a mini industrial revolution.

this gun hammer locks quirky. Where it from?

"___ is also a gun" thread

MAGIC IRONCLADS!!!!
SPELLJAMMERS!!!

>people actually believe this happened in real life

The question is not if or if it did not happen in real life. Much like Romulus and Remus being raised by the she-wolf, it only matters if it's totally fucking radical. then it SHOULD be history.

Bring on the puckle guns (bonus points for the square bullets)

I don't know the proper name for it, but bushels of poison ivy balled up and burning.

Supposed to make high grade pepper spray feel like a light tickle.

Man I would read the fuck out of a history book where accounts are only included based on how metal they are

>it does
I've been in tear gas once and it was much more similar to that. anything similar to poison ivy does that in fact.

See pic? The idea is that a horse's leg gets trapped into the ring. While it goes about trying to get rid of it or simply panicking, the blade slices off its legs or of the other enemy's horses.
greatmingmilitary.blogspot.com.br/
Five-weapons-in-one, human-powered bulldozers, flaming rocket caskets rolling downhill, vicious horse traps, brick grenades, this site is full of the stuff.

Will also upload some european ones.

My personal favorite. Collapsible, adjustable to any wall height, simple. This is genius when it comes to siegecraft.

Sword-breaker dagger.

That's actually pretty neat, it's like a horse-powered tank. There should either be wheels or sled feet on the front part though, make it much easier to push.

Seems like it would be really hard to climb though. Fully extended it's a stick, and partially extended the joints seem like they would be really unstable. High chance of snapping the feet too with enough weight on it.

Don't know what you are talking about, but there are the mancatchers.

Only for the muzzies and the blacks user, no useing them on Christians

Wouldn't that make it troublesome while going downhill?