/CofD/ & /wodg/ Chronicles of Darkness and World of Darkness General

Previous thread: >Pastebin:
pastebin.com/7HiVphFm
>News
kickstarter.com/projects/200664283/chronicles-of-darkness-dark-eras-2/posts/2018962
>This week's Monday Meeting Notes:
theonyxpath.com/a-month-on-mars-monday-meeting-notes/
>Question:
Why no new thread?
>5th edition cliffnotes
pastebin.com/cp0r59da
>New Deviant preview
theonyxpath.com/one-of-a-kind-deviant-the-renegades/

Other urls found in this thread:

theonyxpath.com/a-little-island-in-a-sea-of-kickstarts-monday-meeting-notes/
docs.google.com/document/d/1m5wGVat5at_rNpzv99knDNnBsJxZexvbP9XnvoMaZxM/mobilebasic
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Anymore news on Black Hat Matt's position at OPP in light of the recent allegations?

Not that I know of. They're shutting down discussion of it wherever you go.

Except here.

Fill the blank: A lasombra antitribu, old clan tzimizche and a true brujah walks into a bar _____

So last thread we derailed into which Splat would be most delicious. Let's hit double topic:
>Which splat would taste best if cooked correctly?
>Which splat would have best cooks?

>Which splat would taste best if cooked correctly?
Changeling

>Which splat would have best cooks?
Life Mage

Storyteller offs himself

The End.

... mitzvah. Surprise holocaust!

MAGE SUPREMACY CHANGELINGOTS

Elaborate your choices, please?

>changelings
idk, maybe they were changed into something yum?
>life mages
they can probably create the most delicious animal or something like that

Also, the Kiasyd are supposed to be the best drink makers amongst kindred

>turned into something yum
Delicious mien would work, but it could only be tasted by beings who pierce Mask... Mask cowers all senses.
>create the most delicious animal
I am going to disagree with you there. It's unfair to judge cooks by their ingredients.

its not ingredients: you give each mage the same ingredients, but the life mage can turn them into more delicious ingredients
also, maybe mind mages can create food that registers as the most delicious thing to you

damn chef supermacy.

I am still on the fence about Life, but Mind is straight out. It seems completely against any theoretical rules to mind control a judge, however discreetly to rate you well.
That said admittedly in my opinion it would still be Mage in the top bracket. Using Fate to make so that random ingredients tossed together in random order and intervals just happens to be the best recipe available. Close second would be Demon with collection of Cacophonous Embeds with similar effects.

>Why no new thread?
Because I hate all of you.

You forgot to change the Monday Meeting Notes.
theonyxpath.com/a-little-island-in-a-sea-of-kickstarts-monday-meeting-notes/

>Changeling tears, "MY HALLOWEEN PLANS!"

Does Mage The Ascension have any novels worth checking out? How is Judgement Day?

True Fae with the Title of 'Iron Chef' would cook up something fabulous.

Just putting it out there.

Is everything in The Arcana supplement in the Mage the awakening core book? Do I need it to understand the Arcana better? I'm trying to wrap my head around this

I just had a vivid image of Changelings being trapped in a literal Hell's Kitchen, trying to cook food while fires burn around them and an angry demon with a British accent yells at them.

What are you not getting?

Just which supplement books are important and which ones are redundant

Is food Matter or Life?

Matter.

If this was happening in Arcadia there would be no need for discussion. True Fae would simply decide to win and reality would say "Gosh, you are so right!" Expect stuff like It literally having what It cooked and what potential winner cook swap places in last moment and other such bullshit.
The trick in such situation would be that winning would somehow brake Its Oaths without It realizing it until it's too late.

The Arcana supplement was written for 1e, so it's not really up to date. There weren't any radical changes to the Practices, but spells got moved around and things like Mage Sight and Mage Armor became Attainments.

I would recommend sanctum and sigil for consilium politics, intruders form the abyss for a better understanding what the abyss is and how to make it work, secrets of the ruined temple has some good story points but since 2ed focuses a lot less on the atlantis mythos its not really necessary.
I also like summoners because it expands the invisible realms with good explanations.

Of course they are, some faceless nobody accuses him of raping another faceless nobody 20 years ago on the internet and what happens? Friends and colleagues turned on him, his reputation and writing career probably damaged beyond repair.
Due process in the tumblr century, one and all.

He probably did it tho, Beast just makes so much sense now in retrospect.

Plus, how magic works is pretty different. You don't need an extra dot to cast at range, or cast on someone else, or anything like that. The dot levels are now static, tied purely to the Practice and nothing else. But if it's 1e you're interested in, none of this matters.

Dave said Beast wasn't organized enough and that Matt didn't write enough for it to be influenced by him.

>YOU THINK YOU CAN BEAT ME!? THAT'S ADORABLE, MR. I-FORGOT-TO-WEAR-PANTS-TODAY! *audience laugh track*
>HOW ARE YOU EVER GOING TO BE ABLE TO FOCUS ON COOKING WHEN ALL YOUR TEETH ARE FALLING OUT! *demented laughter*
>BY HEDGE AND THORN YOU HAVE ALMOST BEATEN ME, BUT WAIT! WOULD THAT HAPPEN TO BE YOUR SIDE-DISH RUNNING AWAY AT MATCH SPEED? *mocking trumpet noise*

>Your honor, I call for Mr. McFarland to be punished to the full extent of the law, on the grounds of some totally creepy stuff he was paid to write in this work of fiction for the refined roleplayer.

docs.google.com/document/d/1m5wGVat5at_rNpzv99knDNnBsJxZexvbP9XnvoMaZxM/mobilebasic

new hunter stuff

Actually, this sounds pretty cool, who do I take to court for that old Werewolf fomori sourcebook where every mutation out of three was genital-related?

Beast having no direction does explain it's terribleness better.

Seriously, I'm going to need more proof than some random message board posters say so.

I wonder if there was Kith for edible Changeling in 1st edition or 2nd edition playable material... Gingerbread Man seems too perfect opportunity to miss.

Which CtL books do I need

Which do you need? Just the core. Changeling had a fantastic run, though, and they're all quite enjoyable reads.

>Dave said Beast wasn't organized enough and that Matt didn't write enough for it to be influenced by him

Matt was the damned developer for Beast, including submitting the proposal and outline for the project.

Matt completely failed as a developer, and blaming the writers is unbecoming. While I generally respect DaveB, his defense of Matt for Beast appears more the product of friendship and loyalty than fact and professionalism

Further, to state the obvious, Matt's blindness and incompetence concerning Beast in no way constitutes evidence of an alleged rape nearly two decades ago.

I believe Matt is a pompous, virtue-signalling ass, whose work quality for WW is at best mixed, but I'm going to need a whole lot more than a single third-party accusation on rpg.net before I label him a rapist.

SA's forum is talking about it a bit but any news isn't coming until next week, most likely.

He didn't say Matt didn't botch when it comes to Beast, but that it's just dumb to think that Beast was influenced by something Matt did forever ago.

Nobody remembers the Knights of the Knowledge of the Tongue.

Equinox Road has the material on True Fae and "Epic Level" -play.
Night Horrors: Grim Fears has some nice quick antagonists and few short Chronicle concepts with pre-made scenes for you to run if you want.
Swords at Down has pretty universally loved Talecrafting, which lets players manipulate outcomes with Narrative Causality.

>Iron Chef
>Iron
If they don't disappear in a puff of logic, that is.

I do, but felt like bringing them up would just raise ire for favoritism.

Thanks, puta.

There's a bit of argument on the OP Forums about the Hunter's Code. Any thoughts on that?

>God-Chef of Feasts, Meals, and Snacks

*Swords at Dawn.

+1

>Duke of Dairy Delicacies

I think most are jumping the gun, and playtest should give better insight on it. But it's understandable that people would be hesitant about change since it seems to punish more sympathetic Hunter Compacts/Conspiracies from past editions.

He says that Matt wrote very little but also that the writers weren't reined in enough. No names are named, so any criticism is implied, rather than stated.

Everyone is just goofing around, so any ire you raise should be taken in the same vein. Chill and have fun.

I want to be a Spanish vampire

I NEED PICTURES
PICTURES OF GARBAGE

Do Awakened Mages in MTAs still use linear magic? Why do the Hermetics still recruit sorcerers?

What's it about? Or should I just check it out myself

Take a photo of a mirror

I'm okay with it, but my group has always run "most supernaturals are bad, but there's a few good ones and they make for fast allies"

It's pretty easy to houserule though. Just define monster as malacious supernatural, not any supernatural. Define benevolent supernaturals as people.

You can go further and add low integrity humans like pimps and drug dealers into the monster category.

This image will always be funny to me. People always try to use it as evidence of how 'SJW' opp is when it's three sidebars of maybe 300 words from three multi hundred page books.

Not a third party accusation - it's been made clear that the victim was the one who raised the accusation and at least two victims have been in touch with the rpg.net mods.

Two of these are fine.

are there pirates in any of the splats

Fair point but not time to jump to accusations or conclusions yet. I strongly support distrust towards both accuser and accused.

>houserules
You're right it's easy to houserule. The question is whether it should have to be houseruled in the first place. It's like the Lost Visage in Requiem 1st Ed. It was intended as a tool for hiding Vampires, but worked as a reliable tell for identification. It was easy to houserule away, but it was still a mistake and Requiem 2nd Ed did away with it. It would be neat if any problems (whether you consider the Code to be one or not) could be fixed now instead of in Vigil 3rd Ed.

Mages are going to take on high sees in coming Dark Ages, and there is human conspiracy intending to manipulate God-Machine, but otherwise I can't think of canon examples. Some splats however are completely suited for naval adventures as is.

"Bloodlines the Chosen" has Rötgrafen. Nordic Vampire pirates. Vampirates.

At the end of the day it might be right choice sometimes to make decisions bad for your mental health. It adds drama.
Example: Picking up the Vigil in first fucking place.

Mages were fucking around in Nassau and they're getting a pirates Dark Era. Geist is too, in case you aren't interested in Mage.

True, but I'm sure there's a way to have options both for nuance and for poor life choices.

Can Thaumaturgical countermagic stop Psychic powers? owod

Looking to get my d&d pals into this. What should i start with?

Depends if you want OwoD or CoD
People here are going to insist on the latter tho

I want tonplay a malcavian

Malkavians are OWoD

CofD. Avoid Beast. Mage, Changeling and Demon are very good, but I'd wait for the 2nd Edition of Changeling. Promethean is good, too, but special. Werewolf, Mummy and Vampire are okay, too. Just avoid Beast.

Don't.

One of the Tremere Houses(Sao Hel or something) used to be pirates I think. Also Viking-Vampires

Can anyone answer this question please?

Gaia, God-Machine & The Exarchs

Which one actually controls the world?
Where would The Principle fit in all of this?

Gaia IS the world

God-Machine RUNS the world

Exarchs OVERSEE the world

Its up to the storyteller, but the game suggest converting the sorcerers paths to certain sphere ratings
Hermetics still recruit sorcerers because
a) they're damn useful
b) they believe sorcerers are on the path to full awakening

Exarchs for a simple reason not related to power. Exarchs want to control it and they want to exercise their power.

God machine and principel do not give a fuck as long as they can do their thing

>gm
>god machine
>also game master
HOLY SHIT

This fits even better

>God machine oversees the workings of the world(rules) and puts infrastructure in place(npcs and setting) to get output(pissed off players)

Exarchs literally kick all butt
>Below the Archigenitors and the Iron Seals that represent the Arcana, the Seers of the Throne populate choruses and legions of lesser Exarchs. They speak of 8 million recorded gods, seven legions of Arch-Ascended under every Seal, ruling 77 ochemata and 777 secret masters of the world, and even universes within each Exarch’s soul, huge enough to spawn infinite avatars.

No other entity has displayed as much power. How they're not fixing all their problems is beyond me.

I like the ship in the bottle theory. Too powerful to interfere.

How about Wyrd and Principle?

>Not a third party accusation - it's been made clear that the victim was the one who raised the accusation and at least two victims have been in touch with the rpg.net mods.

2 victims?

Has the story changed? I though Matt stands accused of sleeping once with a single 15 year old girl when he was 25, about 18 years ago?

Who is the alleged second victim?

Also, are the alleged victims the people who posted the accusations, or were the posters third-parties purportedly acting on their behalf which, as a legal matter, is little more than hearsay?

In any event, Matt's ttrpg writing career is almost over regardless of the veracity of the accusations, and he indirectly shares part of the blame. Matt is knee deep in and encourages the left wing identity politics that equates accusations of sexual misconduct by a man as absolute proof of guilt. He will now, absent actual evidence of this serious criminal allegation, unjustly suffer, if for no other reason than as a sacrifice to WW/OPP's vocal, bitter chronically "oppressed" and "progressive" fanbase.

As another user indicated, the revolution devours its own.

Sorcerers outnumber Mages. The Awakened were always a minority.

The Huntsmen Chronicle Anthology for Changeling 2e has been released.

Here's the obligatory request to share.

>What should i start with?
CofD is what I would recommend that you start with. It's a much more streamlined system and setting, easier to understand and get into. WoD is its weird older brother, renowned for a surplus of crazy shit (and not always good crazy shit) and sometimes wonky mechanics.

So yeah. That's my advice to you. Start with CofD because it's more beginner friendly, and then from there, go to WoD if you want.

But do the awakened still use linear or 'hedge magic'? I'm curious because it seems more convenient and easier to use.

>"I shouldn't be held accountable for anything in my professional life or hobby community until I've been convicted in a court of law and exhausted all my appeals. Until then you must all act like nothing has happened."

>They speak of 8 million recorded gods

???????

No. Linear magic and Dynamic magic are of the same source. Awakening is being able to push Linear magic in a Dynamic direction. You're no longer constrained by anything, you make your own Paradigm.

You can't use both, as that makes no sense.