Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1830: Throne of Jumpers Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDOURLR3R3b2FJN3M/view
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDLUdzSnM1OVBjOEk/view
youtube.com/watch?v=UZTwuDi49uA
youtube.com/watch?v=2V4VxlsMuQ4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Changelog: Added 3 new drawbacks, one of each tier.

Fixed the picture on the first page, because it was, like, slightly down and there was a line from the background of the page on top and ARGGGH!

How silly are your weapons, /jc/? Perks for wielding joke weapons?

what does the Wolfenstein Death Suit look like?

I have a protagonist weapon.

INSTALLING LIZARD.EXE INTO THE THRONE AND THERE'S NOTHING YOU CAN DO TO STOP HER

Yes.

Also, Neptunia has Strange Weapons, which lets you turn an actual weapon into something weirder.

Looks cool out of curiosity what kind of setting is this and how dangerous is it. Don't really know that much about it. It looks like a cross between anime and (hinduism?) but I don't know that much about that particular religion or the scale.

What's a good jump for a guys Jump out?

Viking Saga

>idioty smith
Finally all shall know of my prowess when it comes to making amazing names, such as blacky, whitey, or spotty.

What the hell. I love Liz now!

CATastrophe
you know why

That's amazing.

It's basically Hindu Mythology combined with Anime, yes. Scale is multiplanetary, with the absolute strongest being in the setting being a threat to the universe. (He's dead right now, but the dude who wants to be his girlfriend is trying to resurrect him.)

Glad you like the drawback, user!

ONCE THE LIZ IS MASS PRODUCED, THE THRONE WILL BE UNDER LIZARD RULE

What are some jumps with hypnosis/mind control effects? I have five different immunity perks without ever seeing the opposite.

I wonder what would happen if Shirou became a Hadou God, what with his ideal and all.

Marvel Magic, MtG Innistrad, the QQ Mind Control jump

>QQ Mind Control

Pretty weak by QQ standards though.

Hypnosis is like one of the most basic bitch spells for Nasuverse Magecraft.

Sword.

Also Shut In NEET Youkai count as Assassins now I guess.

Ho demons of astlan, animages gain access to a type of magic where you mind control someone so hard they think its their idea.

Most magic jumps have those. All D&D have spells for that. Also, vampires usually have that power.

who gives a shit about the fujo

we got more Liz

No canon companion option?

So what's the story about Mecha Liz?

you niggers need to stop with this. just befriend them, you autists.

>QQ Mind Control jump
The what?

Aside from Pokemon and Digimon, are there any other characters who multiple distinct evolutionary paths?

Ah, afraid not. Pricing that would be... difficult, to say the least, if only due to the horribly wide range of strength among companions. I could set up some sort of pricing ladder, like, mortals cost X, Gods cost Y, High ranking Sura cost Z, but... bleh. Yeah. REALLY frekkin troublesome.

Befriending them doesn't let you take them along though.

Seigi no mitikata

Speak Digimon!

That whole ordeal is VASTLY open to interpretation. The fucking warehouse pod isn't even clear if it's taking someone with you initially from your world or from another. None of it makes any sense.

SEIGI NO MIKATA

KAIBAMAN

No clue, the event just started

Isn't that what pods are for? I took a pod so I could companion balalaika.

>Stasis Pod - Take one person with you.
You fucking tell me. That's all there is. It's all terribly autistic. Just use one of the companion supplements if you want a companion build. Interpret the import options as giving them their own origin when applicable as often that's what they are. THough some jumps don't let you take people unless you companion purchase them. You can otherwise get around most jumps with a supplement. Things have changed far too much from the beginning because it started shit and then was too late to fix because too much had been done so people just did whatever for the jump they were making. Use a supplement but play it by jump specific rules if explicit. It seems like the fairest thing to do.

I didn't know there was a companion supplement. Is it good?

Except you know, when it has been talked about since day 1 that you used it to grab folks in jump.

>can't play FGO because it hasn't come to my region and it detects when I installed the apk
Suffering

drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDOURLR3R3b2FJN3M/view
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDLUdzSnM1OVBjOEk/view
And, you know, that you can't buy enough for the standard 8 companions as it is usually accepted is the standard or "allowed" amount. That also that it was shit an didn't work from the beginning.

The only companion supplements I know of are the semi decent companion housing supplement and it's shittier brother.
Oh, and I suppose cliffc999's companion houserules, but those aren't really a supplement.

Greybeard from skyrim vs blackbolt, who wins the shouting match?

Depends on the version of Blackbolt.

No not really. Timmy is trying something new today.

Your autism amazes me

Hey, atleast its something different.

Tv one maybe? How much does it vary?

You know damn well the whole companion setup is utterly broken.
I'm am pretty amazing.

It's a mix of video related and video related so kinda silly.
youtube.com/watch?v=UZTwuDi49uA
youtube.com/watch?v=2V4VxlsMuQ4

Black Bolt. The Greybeards are a bunch of old men who have never actually fought anything, and who have demonstrated very little offensive power. Black Bolt is a warrior king, and so powerful that his whispers can crack space and time.

No, literally every version of Black Bolt that has powers (and even some that don't, I'd expect) is stronger than any canon feat we have from the Greybeards.

What shout is the gray beard using?

I don't understand about Final Fantasy. Why are guns so weak?

Almost always the Evil Empire main mooks somehow have access to bloody automatic firearms and cannons, but the protags armed with Medieval weaponry somehow always beat them

How do I fanwank how that is? Do I say that their guns just suck at damaging things? That the average Final Fantasy person is super durable?

If I grabbed a bunch of Knights from some medieval world and sent them against these guys would they win or get mowed down?

"What's up, I got a big dick"

Guns are clearly an effective enough weapon for the majority of the world to use them, if they were that weak no one would bother. I'd say that they're just not hurting the protagonists effectively because of protagonist exceptionalism. Some people can get strong and tough enough to not care about bullet impacts, and their number includes the protagonists because protagonists are always special. But those people are rare enough that guns still make sense as a way to kill everyone else, including your transplanted knights.

>Why are guns so weak?
Plot armor and magic. Guns have power, as is demonstrated by the fuckhuge cannon that takes out Sapphire Weapon. Vincent and that black guy, also. Good guy just don't get hit.

Because Japan

Unrelenting force? Good ol fus ro dah.

Are your medieval knights Protagonists.
If yes, they win.
If no, GUN.

Is there a perk i can get to let me know all the laws all the time? Is so, where?

There's another thing that'll never have a jump.

I would check ace attorney.

The Illusionist who cast silence on both of them

Phoenix Wright and Buffyversr, though the latter only works on humans.

Ace Attorney and/or Endless Legend I believe.

They are the protagonists of their own lives.

>Is there a perk i can get to let me know all the laws all the time? Is so, where?

law domain in Marvel magic?

Ahah but the silence is only an illusion! Their voice is still ring out But they cannot be heard.

Jumpers! Tell me about the times where you won a fight using a technique, power, or trick you pulled out your ass-I mean, were hiding.

Is there anything like Pulling Powers Out of Her Ass that allows you to quickly create techniques within going beyond the limits of a given system?

That would be stupidly op in any xianxia.

>I don't understand about Final Fantasy.
Same. I honestly don't get what Final Fantasy is about, and some of the jumps have what I presume are purchases based on game mechanics that I feel like I'm expected to instantly understand.

Black Bolt's powers aren't actually sonic, they're just triggered by and scale to the intensity of his voice. So long as he's still performing the action of shouting, it doesn't matter if anyone can actually hear anything.

Nope, Silence hard counters the ability to use vocal powers

>Some
Ah, yes, that would be the dirge jumps.

Powerpedia from Medaka Box gives you knowledge of all possible uses and combinations of your powers.

that's dirge's fault

Jumpers!

Have you ever forced your ship onto two (or more) innocent characters?

>A horribly ill contrived and obtusely long jump is hard to understand
IMAGINE MY SHOCK

No, Dirge offered purchases based on game lore that he expected you to know and there was no reason for you to. I don't know what jumps this user is talking about, but they're probably not his.

Chronicle Jump when ?

Why?

10/10, top tier.

>Pic
There is a reason I like Shirou

Define "forced".
I play cupid, and try to set up ships. But I don't force anyone into anything.

Because he's confusing law as in the social construct with law as in the laws of physics, which xianxia protagonists need to meditate on and come to and understanding of to progress in power.

Never ever

Builds. And retarded emo writefagging.

(How to Train Your Dragon) #31
-Background: Blacksmith (Free) -Need to calm down. Just need to focus on the craft.
-Tha's My Handiwork (Free) -Know my way around an anvil.
-Take the Shield (700CP) (Discount) -Foresight, and able to work on mythic metals.
-The Archipelago (Free) -...oh. Oh jeez. I guess I can put all my corporations here?
-The Center (300CP) -Having a base on this place would be good.
-Seriously, Take The Shield (Free) -I guess?
-Smithy (200CP) (Discount) -A forge that upgrades itself!
-The Fabled... (0CP) (Discount) -Buy it, let me seed it with other ores and they regen!
Dice Rolls: 16 years old
-End Choice: Next Adventure

All gone. All dead. I couldn't save them. ...I couldn't stop them. Only a few hours before it all goes to shit, and there's no amount of money in the world that could have prevented it. It was a harsh lesson in realizing that some power can only take you so far. There is always going to be something that no influence can possibly ward off.

A full year inside a ship full of frozen corpses floating in the vastness of space as the air and food ran out was proof of that.

By the time I got into this world? Won't lie, it was difficult adjusting. Difficult being around others, difficult to accept that there wasn't some immediately impending doom that would destroy them all. The quiet was... unnerving. But in a way it was good. It helped me settle down and figure out what I needed to do beyond simply making weapons and armor for the local vikings. Even if that was a wonderful distraction at times that I desperately needed to block out the screams and the curses and the ranting of the dying around me. Sometimes having a perfect memory sucks hardcore.

I just knew that I needed more than to collect money and influence. What good are they if they cannot do all that much? I needed more.

I need more.

I spent a third of my time in KLK doing that

I don't know about 'forced', but I have played matchmaker quite a few times. Indirectly, of course, given that I'm the villain, but hey, it works. Pulling strings so they become closer, using magic to cause 'accidents' that push them together, kidnapping one so the other has to rescue them...well, those are all just coincidences, obviously.

Also, I may or may not be using that 4th wall breaking perk from Medaka Box to threaten the various authors/creators into making my ships canon.

I'm not familiar with the settings, and I feel like some of the purchases focus heavily on the lore or mechanics without really explaining them.
Maybe could you help me then? I don't understand what the crystal lattice stuff from FF13 does, like in the Fabulla Nova Crystallis perk. Why do I need a lattice type thing to map my potential? What makes it different from training myself or others to do something normally?

Oh wow, I'm surprised. I thought for sure you'd pick the Dragon option. It was meant just for you!

No, I usually don't use my ship for stuff, especially not combat, unless I'm in a space or time travel based setting.

How do you think feel about Val causing Dirge to delete his drive?

Maybe you should actually look at the games/source material of the jump you are reading that helps immensely with trying to understand it. Final Fantasy games tend to be on the confusing side.

Also I was talking about the Final Fantasy settings in general where guns seems to be absolutely useless against bows and swords. That's more of a setting problem then a jump problem.

Its the same with a lot of RPG's how does killing things and completing quests just make your character flat out stronger(in a durability and strength-wise) for no discernible purpose.

Its probable just that they are RPGs and I should stop questioning it.

This was all over a sphere grid?

Which jump?

What was that about, I remember he (as user) and Val where shit flinging at each other for something but I don't remember why?

Because in xianxia Laws are the fundamental metaphysical forces of the world and understanding a law gives you power over it.

FF13. I don't understand the crystal lattice stuff and why it's useful.

What?