Warhammer 40k General /40kg/

Best Edition Edition

>Warhammer Community news(Free rules for the Craftworlds Bonesinger)
warhammer-community.com/2017/10/24/free-rules-for-the-craftworlds-bonesingergw-homepage-post-2/

>Daily Duncan Playlist
youtube.com/watch?v=VB2DNpIWyjo&list=PLEaPE4sLDA7ucJ0dkiVZSW6ghZUNGFHIW&index=1

>GW FAQ (1.1):
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata#40k-errata

>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing
Did anyone actually stick with 7th outside HH?

Other urls found in this thread:

warhammer-community.com/2017/10/25/the-regimental-standard-the-history-of-the-imperium-tanks-of-old-terra/
youtube.com/watch?v=NOUEcdjoCXY
youtube.com/watch?v=4nFue4kZkLY&t=
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Why does GW recycle art so much? Fuck off with that Eldar codex cover!

It's, like the birds say, cheap.

You want them to pay money for a piece of art they use once?

Why would you not?

Best Primarch

>Genecults, Admech, Necromunda, Custodes/SoS and Titanicus will have a modern plastic before Sisters of Battle.

>So edgy he literally killed himself (through proxy, but still)

Top kek

THey dont give a shit about the legacy codexes because theyre just getting them out of the way

Old armies are not going to be updated anymore, just like AoS, we will just get new armies every few months in big splash releases, then theyll move onto the next new army

5th with vehicles needing to he reworked a bit.

And pre-powercreep codexes.

The new Regimental Standard is a fun read.
>warhammer-community.com/2017/10/25/the-regimental-standard-the-history-of-the-imperium-tanks-of-old-terra/

It's almost like all the ones you mentioned getting plastic aren't oc donut steel boob plated tsunderes.

youtube.com/watch?v=NOUEcdjoCXY

"A Reading from The Warmaster by Dan Abnett"

>mfw Guardfag tears

youtube.com/watch?v=4nFue4kZkLY&t=

That doesn't look like Magnus

>"The Tyger tank was first seen in the so-called “Two World War”. This conflict seems to have been notable for only featuring two planets – Terra and Venus – making it a relatively small skirmish. Like the MULE used by the Adeptus Mechanicus in days of yore, the Tyger is probably named after an animal of Old Earth, in this case, large, nine-legged insectoids from the Yndonesian Bloc"

I feel they got some of the information a bit scrambled.

And possibly even pre-painted 40k minis with that wizkids deal.

Why doesn't this guy wash his hair?

Baby Primarch

To invoke terror amongst people who have decent hygiene.

>Konrad confirmed MtG player

Are Repulsors worth getting? I want it for transport purposes but the price for it seems steep for what it's offering.

>Assault Marines are $41 for 5
>Tacticals are $40 for 10
>already have a surplus of chainswords and bolt pistols
>just need a few Jump Packs
Any of y'all bought anything recently?

but user, none of them will have the fancy running/jumping legs

Nope. My girlfriend is too expensive

We’ll be back sooner or later.

>marines need buffed REEEEEEE

>While the Sherman superficially resembles Imperial designs, it has several disadvantages compared to the Leman Russ. Sloped plating is likely to deflect small arms munitions into nearby soldiers while proving ineffective at dispersing las-fire. Attacking the enemy with a cavalry sabre from the turret hatch would be all but impossible due to its awkward position, even if the crew drove the officer very close. Similarly, field simulations suggest that the treads would quickly become clogged after running over even a smallish squad of Aeldari Guardians.

Slope armor-fags blown the fuck out, large flat surfaces, possibly coated in a certain material, aid in las-energy absorption and mitigating anti-tank lasers.

>The fucking Sherman paragraph

That damn meme still gets me and I don't know why!

>none of them will have the fancy running/jumping legs
I never said that these new Assault Marines would be my only Assault Marines.
>inb4 grey tide
Working on it, but I work slowly.

>gf
RIP in peas user. I know how bad that can be.

Eh. At least she likes smoking weed and painting minis with me. Granted its my weed and my minis, but still.

What size bases do custodes use?

40mm

Yo fa/tg/uys, does anyone know which model had a tyranid head impaled on a banner top and not just as a picture?

Bonesinger.

Now I just need to decide what else to put in my Eldar army.

While I have my main Guard list to play with, I'm thinking of going back to the Renegades army I wanted when I first began as a side project, but I'm having issues deciding on a unified aesthetic, so what I'm wondering is if I should try and pick one or try all of them, basically either make the Khornate Renegade Guard, Nurglite trench fighter guys or what is essentially the mortal version of the Black Legion led by a mortal that's earned Chosen status. What do you think would be most interesting to make/paint/play?

GW will never ever sell shitty pre-painted minis.
Even with all the changes, Warhammer is still a complete hobby and not just a game.
The Wizkids deal is just a replacement for FFG and will mostly result in Boardgames, Cardgames and other games with the 40k license.

FW Legion Combi-Weapon pack and Rogue Psykers.

Contemplating making some cultists out of the FW renegade IG upgrade kits, but those cunts will be awfully expensive for 4pt chaff models.

3rd is my first edition and my favourite. Also the art was amazing in it.

He does. It's his hair thinning.
He's going to get bald.

I have like 10 regular CSM dudes and I want to make some choosen because I play AL.
Should I get intercessors and convert them or just use the ones I already have and give them some cool pimped up greenstuff clothes.

>Weed
It's for people of sub-saharan blood, stop using it

I need complete scans of the 3rd edition rulebook.

For some reason the ones out there left the lore sections out. Like someone wanted to erase the best lore of 40k...

Can I use old armies that didnt had their rules updated to 8th or that dont have New codexes? How does it work?

You pretend

Being a Sisters player is suffering.

Between 3rd and 7th you could do it no problem, with little fine tuning.
Before 3rd and after 7th good luck trying to convert things to 2nd or 8th from things between 3 and 7

user, it either that or pills, and only rhe worst of scum use opiates. So I'll take being a nigger over a junkie

Listening to Xenos as I type, feels good man, feels good.

Second this. From 3rd to 5th.
I want to see what all the fuzz is all about

Stop both

>bloody rose
re-roll wound rolls of 1 in combat

>sacred rose
re-roll failed morale tests

>our martyred lady
free acts of faith from friendly characters' deaths

>ebon chalice
5+ shield of faith invulnerable saves (doesn't stack with other buffs) and re-rollable deny tests

>valorous heart
6+++

>argent shroud
5+ overwatch shots

what do you think?

Make an army led by a Chaos Lord, make it undivided.

Unless you have a chronic pain condition
what now?

>no ignores cover
Shit list

>Fitting as they were rooted in rogue trader
>given a shitty range not doing justice to their faction
>bit of a niche game, not directly 40k though
>custodes/sos already have a paltry range and need some expanding

>Titanicus
>plastic titans
>implying

Sisters are just a really niche army. They still have metal left over, they don't sell well

Is the Avatar of Khaine worth it? Seems abit pricey.
What armies don't have updated rules for 8th? All armies should have rules in the Index go check.

>no -1 to hit
3/10, apply yourself

I know FW Resin, GW Plastic, and the old GW Metals all use different equipment to mold and manufacture, which is why GW's old metals aren't in plastic.

But what about GW plastic and GW clear plastic, like they use in flying bases or necron sprues?

How difficult would it be for GW to do a promotional run of, say, Tau Stealth Suits in flight-base plastic?

>order of the flaming flamer
flamers ignore cover

But who will get the coveted +1 to wound buildings

Is there a difference between the sprues for the Talons of the Emperor/BoP/5man Custodes boxed set? They seem close from what I can tell on google. I'm assuming more options in the stand-alone boxed set?

I ask because I only want 5 of em, and the BoP sprues are cheap on ebay.

invisible frodo mini never forget

Its the same sprue.

Man up and learn to deal with it

>custodes in 40k
>options

Choose one.

I have a feeling Martyred lady will have 6+ feel no pain.

I hope Argent Shroud gets something good. Though honestly I guess I'll just be happy if we even get a codex.

Its the same in everything
5 swords, 5 spears, 5 shields
2 bare heads
+ everything else

stop breathing and report back

>flamers ignore cover
>still get +1 armor in cover

What did he mean by this?

I hope you get in a debilitating accident and have to deal with it

>junkie cant quit
Lmao @ u

I cant believe same guys who write the nu-gw lore exist in the same environment with those who write the regimental standart.

if we aren't supposed to smoke weed, why's it fuckin' called "chronic" pain then

>t. person who has never dealt with chronic pain
AHAHAHAHA
you're a funny one

AH HA HA HA NO.

if they only could have some kind of weak soulburst effect from destroyed friendly units but even a shitty version of it is quickly overpowered

Not at all difficult

Neat.

Did it, what now?

i only see a grassy base. what's up with this pic? reddit here

Huh, thanks. But why on earth would people spend $50 on a 5 man squad when the same damn sprue is $25? Oh fuck it why am I even asking.

You started again! typical oxygen junkie

I dont play eldar but i really really was tempted to buy that bonesinger.

>You need weed to survive

Because geedubya

Piss off, racist scum.

>flamers ignite cover
>flamers deal 2 Damage when targeting models in cover

Wasn't weed popular among the whites for centuries until the mexicans started doing it?
Or did Adam lie to me?

Yea. I really like it. It would bring me to:
30 wyches
20 hellions
12 Reavers
6 raiders
2 Venoms
2 succubus
And that's not counting my kabalites and obviously. Once I get the money, I think I'm going to go for it.

Objectively incorrect.

to be real though all sororitas flamers need is a few extra inches of range and a stratagem to push some serious damage when needed

>While the Sherman superficially resembles Imperial designs, it has several disadvantages compared to the Leman Russ. Sloped plating is likely to deflect small arms munitions into nearby soldiers while proving ineffective at dispersing las-fire.
Oh, that's the excuse for not having slopped armour.

It's originally a south asian thing.

I'm sure they get Acts of Faith to boost their abilities.

guard orders remained the same. orders might get specific extra acts but they won't add army wide acts to the pre existing list

You need to spam them so hard with SoB in 8th that you are better off spamming meltas and hoping the Vehicle flamers and bolter do the job