Do you think a game about spirit science/ climbing the psionic evolution ladder would work?

Do you think a game about spirit science/ climbing the psionic evolution ladder would work?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw
suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/23757275/
1d4chan.org/wiki/Talk:Future_Space_Hebrews_and_Christ_Spaceships
1d4chan.org/index.php?title=Future_Space_Hebrews_and_Christ_Spaceships&diff=309759&oldid=303393
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Oh sweet Christ.

I guess I should leave this here

m.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw

it could certainly be interesting, but many arbitrary rules would have to be added, because this shit doesn't make any logical sense and just explains everything with "frequencies" and "waves"

I tried recently. For all the detail he goes into, it adds up to self-contradictory nonsense. 40k makes far more sense. I realized how much time and effort it would take to sort through it all and condense it into a setting doc people could actually read, and moved on to other projects

With every level gained you open a chakra.

I've actually been working on something like this.
I'm using a modified GURPS thing with chakras as attributes and "combat" based on the characteristics of a person's aura.
And all the weapons are crystals.

I actually really dig this new age shit and I feel it's very underused in fantasy fiction.

The other problem is all these different levels and categories and things. A system that would actually work the way he describes it would be incredibly complex and crunchy. You couldn't just make a lore book and layer it on top of your favorite generic system. I'm not sure even GURPS could do a good job of it, or that it would be fun to play even if it could.

Just use stuff like theosophy, golden dawn society,ect...it's basically what that channel ripped off but at least somewhat self-consistent.

Some settings that use this kind of stuff:
Nephilim (especially the original french version)
Mage The Awakening (Mage the Ascension is cool but too superficial so unless you do your own research for this kind of paradigms then it don't help)
Gurps CABAL (Also for GURPS there are a lot of Pyramid articles about that kind of stuff)

Can you use all Spirit Science lore and have it all work out? No. That shit is self-contradictory and confusing. Some of it works, but a lot needs to be ignored. You'd also need to use your own jargon.

Can you use the idea of becoming an increasingly spiritual being in a modern setting? Absolutely. WoD/Storyteller is probably the best way to do it. You could make you own splat, or refluffed/heavily-modify a different splat.

If you want to play a mortal who's part of the Tat brotherhood and is just getting used to this crazy conciousness stuff, play refluffed Mage.
If you want to play as a bunch of super powerful Naacals doing neat shit, play refluffed Exalted (probably as Sidereals)
You can probably also do some cool shit with Demon or Changeling, just don't ask me what.

Pic unrelated

I'm still mad about whatever retard deleted the 1d4chan page for Future Space Hebrews and Christ Spaceships. At least the thread's archived...

suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/23757275/

>I'm still mad about whatever retard deleted the 1d4chan page for Future Space Hebrews and Christ Spaceships.
1d4chan.org/wiki/Talk:Future_Space_Hebrews_and_Christ_Spaceships

That's the discussion page, the actual page itself is gone.

1d4chan.org/index.php?title=Future_Space_Hebrews_and_Christ_Spaceships&diff=309759&oldid=303393

I am so proud to have been a part of that thread.

This would be an above average article if you just through in some introduction and advice for using it as a campaign setting

The different "Consciousness levels" he rambles on about in themselves are fairly difficult to make work. He somehow ties them to absurd things like genomes and height, meaning higher-level players would make Space Marines look like toddlers. Further, the apparent power scaling between the "Consciousness levels" are like DBZ-tier retarded in terms of growth. You'd have to drastically hack away at that to get a more sensible series of mechanics to work, probably based on Psionics or something.

Also, obviously Kult and Unknown Armies

You know, I wanted to argue with that last point, but I can't. The fact that you have to resort to Psionics to even TRY to make sense of it speaks volumes.

Yeah, that's something I forgot to mention. A lot of his lore doesn't make sense, and a lot of the lore that DOES make sense is inconvenient to run in a game. Ignore it, and patch it something else that fits both the lore and the game.

This image is the only good thing to come out of this guy's crock of shit. And only if used in a different context.

well you have to scrap some stuff but it could work.

I would recommend having a generation mechanic like vtm. probably 7 levels.

brb writing this into risus engine.

Why don't we make our own whacked out new age setting? Something that could actually used with any generic system to run a campaign? I was thinking something like
>Most drugs, while occasionally good for psychological introspection, don't provide any true spiritual benefit or mystical abilities
>The exception is Soma, a rare psychedelic plant which used to be commonplace that was systematically eradicated from nature by Them to prevent humanity at large from seeing the true nature of reality and overthrowing Them
>Soma can still be found in certain remote areas (like the Himalayas), but mostly it's grown in secret and can only be had by knowing the "right people"- any old drug dealer won't work and won't know what you're talking about
>Judicious use of Soma, along with meditation, can unlock supernatural abilities
>However, the more Sacred Knowledge you unlock, the more likely you are to be detected by Them
The game will generally start with players unlocking mysical powers and coming the attention of Them, then having to survive by their wits and not!magic. "Them" is just a placeholder for whoever we decide is actually running things.

Yeah, it's not really something for the individual growth during a heroes journey. More a trait of a certain kind of people, like a certain ethnicity comes with certain powers.

Another thing that confounds this shit more is the "right/left" or "male/female" brain thing that ALSO affects the psychic abilities. Martians are "male-brained," focused on "logic" and technology, and warlike. Humans were "female-brained" and emotional, empthatic, and psychic before Martian technology flipped it. Both of which is completely detached from biological gender. Do you model that as a class thing? As a """racial""" trait? Alignment?

think of it like vtm clans, different gendered species possess different disciplines.

same thing with the Lucifer species.

i'm going to make Space Jews and Martians have their own disciplines.

>Space jews
always gets a laugh out of me.

Jeez, this is just fascinating for all the wrong reasons.

What specifically?

The male/female brain thing isn't that farfetched. The left half of the brain DOES tend to be more involved in logical tasks, and the right half similarly tends to be more involved in social and artistic tasks. Traditionally, the left and right halves of the brain have been called the male brain and the female brain respectively.

Saw this, saving it for future use.