Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1831: WE KNOW WHAT POT OF GREED DOES Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XrQ5Ui6q7tc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Giant companions and giant alt-forms: yea or nay?

Tell me your tales, troubles, adventures, and woes of living the hueg life, jumpers.

How the fuck does King Crimson works

Ant Man is the most necessary perk.

Dont tell Tzeench that the meta is about using 15 hand traps in a deck

I want to preface this by saying I'm not attached to the 100 CP perk and will replace it in a heartbeat if you guys think it's a bad idea.

Drop In Perks:

Expy-dition (100 CP)- Causing crossovers isn’t exactly possible all the time- not without a pod or some spending points, at least- but you might be able to set up the next best thing. You have a tendency to meet some unusual people- who might even resemble people you’ve met in the past- for better or worse. This tends to happen way more often in worlds where people like them would fit in better, or in worlds where such things might’ve happened before. For example, you might happen to meet a bat-themed superhero in a city that’s also home to red and blue clad wall-crawler, or you might meet futuristic knights or a kid in green tights in a world where sword play is the name of the game. These people might look similar to the people you’ve known, but make no mistake- they are very different people.

Set Piece (200 CP)- Setting the stage is important for a fight- you don’t want to just duke it out anywhere, do you? Luckily, you have the unusual ability to make fights happen in interesting, varied locations- often with lots of opportunities for improvised weapons, or the ability to use the environment in some way. This won’t delay the fight; circumstances will just make it happen somewhere cooler.

Lets You and Him Fight (400 CP)- Why fight your enemies, when you can get someone else to fight them for you? You’re a master at getting people to fight each other at various degrees of seriousness, in the spirit of all great comic book crossovers. You could get two best friends to fist fight with a few choice words, get two super-hero teams riled up against each other to the point they start brawling it out in about a day, and you could make three horror icons start killing each other by- well, you could probably just stick them in a room.

>Ant Man
List perk and jump, pls.

Sim Ant nigga

Call in the Calvary (600 CP)- See, the problem with fighting an army of dead-heads who’ve taken over the nation’s capital is this- even if you’re a big badass with a chainsaw and a shotgun, it’s still a freaking army. Luckily, you have some odd luck; whenever you decide to fight someone, all their enemies just happen to come around at the same time to help you out. This might be an “enemy of my enemy” situation, or it could just mean that you get some unexpected help- not that the military mobilizing against someone who took over Washington DC and killed the president is that surprising.

Damn it. I wish I had a .gif of Tzeench going "Flip flip flip flip" to go here.

>this
>plus Kubera Nastika levels of hueg

I love Snake's face here.

>where am I
>what is happening
>who is this
>why is he dressed kinda like a bat
>is that a tree fighting a black belt
>that's not a metal gear
>is that a fucking dinosaur

It's from Sim Ant (or maybe SimAnt, I can't remember how it's listed) and it makes it so that your power remains consistent even if you shrink. If you can punch with the strength of a thousand Newtons, you're still going to be punching that hard at ant size. Or if you're a giant with the proportionate strength one would expect, shrinking down to human size leaves you with all that strength, still.

It just works, user.

(Peter Pan) #38
-Background: Lost Boy (Free) -I suppose I've been here.
-Flying (Free) -Huh, this could go well with my wings!
-Fairy Fluent (Free) -At least I understand it while here?
-Advanced Flyer (900CP) -FLYYYYYYY.
-Mother Knows Best (800CP) -Multitasking, stuff I do has that personal touch, and domestic skills.
-Wild Boys (Free) -Wilderness survival and sharpened senses.
-Pretend Eating (500CP) (Discount) -This could be helpful if I need to give hope.
-They'll Sweetly Drown You (400CP) -Oh look, another appearance upgrade.
-Siren's Song (100CP) -And an absurdly good voice to go with it.
-Book Collection (50CP) -Some stories to pass the time.
-Bear Suit (Free) -The... bear necessities?
-Mermaid's Comb (0CP) -BRUSHIE BRUSHIE BRUSHIE.
Dice Rolls: Home Under The Ground, 4 years old
-End Choice: Next Adventure

The pretending eating is very weird. I'm also not sure why a 4 year old would have an amazing voice or a motherly instinct. Shit's weird, yo. Like, really weird. How is this even justified. By what point does logic even have a hand to play? Did logic just throw itself out the window? On that note. why is a 4 year old flying.

What even happened.

What is my life.

Beastly. I imagine it'd also make you weight a shit ton in human form if you did that though.

Yea. The HUEG is great.

Size-shifting is a must, because being able to go indoors is still nice. But aside from that, the hueg is love, the hueg is life.

Having waifus riding on your shoulders while you're huge yourself, or just using huge stonking tits as a exceptionally comfy bed, it's all great.

...Kinda hard to find clothing in the right sizes though.

It just does.

It does not. You're not compacting down, you're just as strong in shrunken form as you normally would be. Unless being immovable because of weight is a power of yours, then you'd keep it because you keep your powers. Maybe you'd be able to toggle it, in that case, only use it when you want to have full weight immovability? I don't know.

Does the perk let you shrink or add an effect for when you do via other means?

It makes it so that for the next 10 seconds after activation that pretty much any action the user doesn't want to have happen don't, it also prevents people from being harmed during this time, and makes it so that only the user retains memories and can act properly during this time.

>Did logic just throw itself out the window?
Yes. Then it grew wings and sprinkled pixie dust over reason and sanity so they could escape with it.

>...Kinda hard to find clothing in the right sizes though.
Seven Deadly Sins has a perk for that. Even Giants Are Girls, 400CP discounted to the Giant racial option. Makes it so that your enormous size doesn't offer any complications towards living life like anyone else. You somehow always find yourself in circumstances where you could get enough food, clothing or shelter as your size would need, and smaller people treat you like just another person that happens to be really tall instead of a colossus striding over the land.

Post-jump it lets you shrink as far down as ant sized, in-jump you're stuck as ant-sized by default.

So do Psykers get a boost from magic buffing perks or is that considered something different?

I've always thought that lag in online gaming is a good metaphor to explain it. The way you can shoot at someone only for the attacks to not connect because they were moving in a bit of time that you didn't have access to is exactly like how King Crimson works.

This user speaks the truth.
Having a giant waifu is a pain, shrinking yourself provides basically the same end result with less hassle.

Psykers and sorcery both draw on the Warp, in 40K, but they're not exactly the same thing. I'd say that if you take the time to make a formalized ritual to amplify your psychic powers for a specific purpose it would count, but otherwise magic boosters wouldn't apply.

>and smaller people treat you like just another person that happens to be really tall instead of a colossus striding over the land.
That kinda defeats the point of being big for me, but the rest sounds useful.

Toggle or something like it is your friend. Have people freak out except when you're shopping, suddenly everyone is cool then because you're going to buy shit.

youtube.com/watch?v=XrQ5Ui6q7tc

Psykers are more psionics than magic. Sorcery is kinda sorta different IIRC, and probably would fall under magic buffing perks?

>Batman: You have a gun Snake, that automatically makes you a criminal and my enemy. BAT-ROPE GO!

>Ryu: Don't worry Groot I kicked the fly that was buzzing around your ear. By the way do you see the giant robot to.

>Groot: I am Groot (many thanks Ryu, however I am more worried about the giant dinosaur looking in our direction while its mouth is glowing. Also the ground is on fucking fire which is a slightly bigger problem then a fly.)

Pacific Rim Mecha: We have to fight Godzilla this was a battle meant to be. CHAINSWORD ARM GO!

Godzilla: RAAAAAAGHHHHHH! (Damn I wish this mecha would stop fighting me, I need to torch that Japanese person fighting that tree person. That'll teach those weebs to stop dumping nuclear waste in my ocean.

>Snake: WTF is going on.

This is for Freddy vs Jason vs Ash by the way. Is the 100 CP perk fine, or should I axe it and replace it with something else?

Smol waifus are the best

See

>should I axe it and replace it
>axe it
I see what you did there.
I don't see anything wrong with it. Maybe give it a toggle for when it'd be more trouble than it's worth?

Pic related.

Aww I love the embarassed tears.

Nah, I think it's fine. You're not causing actual crossovers sadly so I don't feel there's any real problem.

Do we even have any?

Anyone know a way to convert ki/chi into mana?

Dragon's Crown as adorable, slightly boozy, fairies.

Disappointing, but I guess you don't want to risk a shitstorm.

I don't really like meta perks, but that's just my personal opinion. The perk's fine.

However, I kind of want to, as a gag, somehow get conceptual lawyers powers and sue the expys.

Good idea.

Yeah. I think that would be a degree too far, in my mind; there are varying levels of meta that you can have, and that would be pushing it I feel. I think I'm going to make a Warehouse attachment or an item that lets you simulate crossovers, though, so hopefully that will help you get your fix?

I cannot seem to see the option for that. What is the name of it?

[CONFUSED DEMON NOISES]

(Full Metal Alchemist) #39
-Background: Foreigner (900CP) -Don't mind me!
-Advanced Formulae (800CP) -Understand the advanced stuff...
-Simplified Formulae (700CP) -And understand the basics!
-Alkahestry (550CP) (Discount) -Transmutation from a distance and healing!
-Truth (-250CP) -OOOOOH HELL.
-Throwing Knives (Free) -Chuck 'em around!
-Alternate Clothing (-300CP) -LET ME GET OUT OF HERE.
-Charlatan (-200CP)
-Unoriginal (0CP)
Dice Rolls: South, 28 years old

>...
>...
>...!!

That's pretty much my interaction for the majority of the time. I can't talk, people think I'm a no-good filthy foreigner... yeah. It's gonna really suck. But at least I can do some nice alchemy? Without a circle, too! Just need to properly apply it, do the math and... oh. The fight's over already, isn't it. Shit.

Uh.

...I can help by analyzing the scene afterwards? I mean that's gotta count for something, right? Right? Surely that can do enough to help some of you out? ...oh, right. You can't hear me. FUCK.

Someone previously mentioned a jump that could let you make machines that do specific energy conversions (e.g. chi to mana), but I'm not familiar with it.
Symphogear has Memory Combustion, which can convert memories into energy. The jumpmaker said that you could eventually convert energy into memories to do energy conversions, but also that you can only ever convert energy into stuff along the same lines as memories. The perk can't convert energy to energy or energy to tangible materials.
Aside from that, I don't think there are any general energy conversion perks. There might be some that can do specific conversions (e.g. chi to mana), but I wouldn't be familiar with them.

Speaking of smol waifus...

Hellboy customization. If you go with a form of a few inches tall, but then pick up Enhanced Strength, do you get the full 'hellhound-punching' strength and 'get hit by a subway car and be fine' durability?

And conversely, does it scale up with being bigger/getting Behemoth?

The 100 cp perk is cool.
What jump is this for?

Ah, no- you'd be unusually strong for something your size, but you wouldn't have the same strength as a normal sized being. But you would be stronger if you were taller/had Behemoth, yes.

>Giant companions

Usually I don't take Giant alt forms / powers or at the very least hate using them, But I did pick up the blonde bunny eared bridge bunny and make her a zendatri

Freddy vs Jason vs Ash, an official crossover comic between Friday the 13th, Nightmare on Elm Street, and The Evil Dead.

>tfw both you and your wife have freeform size-shifting

It's pretty great.

>You will never be the Chad Fairy who breaks men like matchsticks and gets all the bitches
What's the point then?
Said in jest

Using his ability, Epitaph, the Diavlo sees 10 sec into the future. Then using King Crimson everyone but Diavlo blindly acts out the scene that was predicted in the Epitaph. They're unable to react to any change in the Epitaph that Diavlo has enacted until the scene is finished. Diavlo can't interact or effect anyone whilst their Epitaph is being enacted by King Crimson, so he adapts to this by using it to dodge and set up counteattacks. has a decent idea of a good example.

Peter Pan has one also.

You could probably break bones and knock people off their feet; you just won't be able to lift them up or anything crazy like that.

Ant Man.

I say it without jest, I think it's really stupid to make perk-based enhancements scale with size rather than being consistent with their own text.

Hyperdimension Neptunia has little fairies.

Incredibles and B-Movie

what are some good street level jumps?

You can just buy them like they're companions if I remember right.

Spiderman

Spiderman
Sherlock Holmes
Heroes
Golden Sky Stories
ClusterTruck
Goat Simulator
Thing Thing
Generic Zombie Apocalypse
PS238 technically
Infinicon

He said street level you dummy, Spiderman crawls around on the walls and swings through the air

Anyone know of any perks that increase the rate at which I regen my mana? My pool is pretty big lately but I want to blast some stuff.

Terraria

(Otoyomegatari: Bride Stories) #40
-Culture: Nomad (Free) -Just wandering, don't mind me!
-Background: Traveler (Free) -I walk alone.
-Eye for Detail (Free) -I know the finer things in life.
-Warrior Blood (Free) -Do not fuck with me.
-Archery (800CP) (Discount) -Make bows, and damn well use them.
-Journeyman (Free) -The stars themselves are my guide.
-Calculator (500CP) (Discount) -BITCH I AM A LIVING CALCULATOR.
-Embroidery (300CP) -Really good with embroidery and can weave magic into clothing!
-Best Way To The Heart (200CP) -TIME TO COOK WONDERFUL THINGS.
-Window to the Soul (100CP) -I have amazing eyes.
-Beauty Shines Through (0CP) -My appearance is not hampered by clothing.
-Attired Appropriately (-200CP) -NOTHING WILL REMOVE MY CLOTHING WITHOUT MY PERMISSION.
-Period Wear (Free) -And I look the part.
-Recurve Bow (-300CP) (Discount) -A bow that scales with my strength? Oh fuck yes.
-Eagle-Fletched Arrows (-500CP) (Discount) -Arrows that retain improvements are a godsend.
-An Abacus (Free) -I guess we're done here?
-Unladylike (-400CP)
-Culture Shock (-300CP)
-SO I HEARD YOU LIKE EMBROIDERY, MOTHERFUCKER (-200CP)
-Marriage Proposals (0CP)
Dice Rolls: Khiva, 20 years old

S-so what if I like doing archery and being strong? I can be feminine too! ...whatdoyoumeanyouwanttomar-UH LOOK THERE'S SOME BANDITS OVER THERE I BETTER TAKE CARE OF THEM RIGHT NOW.

This is horrible. It's slightly funny, but it's mostly horrible. Why did I do this to myself. I have to hide everything. I have to pretend I'm another nomad while people keep pressuring me to marry I DON'T NEED TO MARRY I'M... S-SAVING MYSELF. YES THAT'S THE REASON I WON'T SAY WHO. Now excuse me it's time for my daily embroidery session and I want to finish this amazing quilt.

...what do you mean "you've made fifteen blankets already"?

One can NEVER have too many blankets.

>Someone previously mentioned a jump that could let you make machines that do specific energy conversions (e.g. chi to mana), but I'm not familiar with it.
Storm Hawks probably.

>Diavlo can't interact or effect anyone whilst their Epitaph is being enacted by King Crimson
Explain the Polnareff stairs scene then.

Street Fighter, obviously, oh, and Street Sharks.

>Explain the Polnareff stairs scene then
Isn't that when Dio uses his time stop to troll Polnareff?
Dio isn't Diavlo, tho'.

Darling when are you going to settle down and find a nice demon boy?

Polnareff gets another "fucking STAIRS, man" scene in the Vento Aureo. It's essentially the same.

SHUT UP YOU'RE NOT MY REAL MOM.

Poor guy. What is up with his luck when it comes to stairs and villains wanting to troll him on them?

IM ONE OF THEM MISSY AND I WORRY ABOUT YOU!

I like it. I think more than a few people want something along those lines.

We really do need to find you a nice husbando Red.

How many origins is Dies Irae going to have?

Maybe Red doesn't want any romance, weirdo.

Now that I think about it jumpers are like the ultimate Christmas cake if they go several jumps without waifus or husbandos.

Where can I find a sexy scientific/engineering aide?

Three. Student, LDO and Outsider. Each one, now that I've finalised the outline, has 8 full perklines though, so the low number of origins shouldn't be a worry.

>dragon reaction image

It is gonna have alot of drawbacks right? My Jumper senses are tingling and telling me it will be a CP vamp.

7 drawbacks for each of the three tiers of drawback prices, so 21 in total.

Mind elaborating on those companion options in your notes, if it's not too much trouble? I'm curious about pretty much every single one other than the Asshole Best Friend, since I've got a thing for Jumper clones, but I barely even know what a cancer cell is.

NoIdon'tnoIdon'tnoIdon't LOVE IS FOR OTHER PEOPLE. LET ME HUDDLE IN MY BLANKETS.

FUCK YOU RIDLEY IS AN ABOMINATION REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE-

How do I waifu Him/Her ?

>freeform size-shifting
Nice. Where from?

I'm sure your blankets just want what's best for you too dear. Come on out and we could introduce you to some nice men.

Sekirei has Matsu and Kocho

Hey Val you probably still dont know but what will come first, the Fate/Stay Night Justice jacket update or the Fate/Extra one? Also same as the above, but did you decided in the end if you where going to add servant arm grafting?

This makes me realize for a jumper mothers day is very very exciting day. All your mothers want to see you.

Cool, thanks Val.

Generic Isekai has a perk that gives you more mana than "1000 master mages"