/srg/ Shadowrun General - Plan B (the "B" stands for "blow shit up")

...Identity Spoofed
...Encryption Keys Generated
...Connected to Onion Routers
>>>Login: *********
>>>Enter Passcode: *********
...Biometric Scan Confirmed
Connected to GunH(e)aven...

>Welcome back to /srg/, chummer
>Last Viewed Files:
>big_wet_troll_asses_211.avi
>Dunkelzahn/Harlequin.txt
>how_to_buy_new_gun.html

Personal Alerts
* Your Current Rep Score: 15 (99% Positive)
* You have 1 new private message, titled 'Impressed! Her on with your new 12 inch long cyberdi...'
* Your Chummer > Tools > Options books list has been unchecked github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases
* Cloud File Storage: pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr (embed)
* Running A_Normal_Day_At_The_Office.BTL...

>Aim straight
>Save ammo
>Brush your teeth everyday
>And never parlay with a dragon

When the run goes wrong, the runners get going. What's your standard backup plan for when shit hits the fan?

>When the run goes wrong, the runners get going. What's your standard backup plan for when shit hits the fan?

Trenchcoat game: bail, using illusion magic on the van, rolling Knowledge skills for nearby safehouses, scouting out our own homes with astral or drones.

Mohawk game: drop prone for a turn, then get up and kill anything that's not on the team

>When the run goes wrong, the runners get going. What's your standard backup plan for when shit hits the fan?
Disguide myself as a loli and live with a relative.

My runners conveniently find the grenades they bought in chargen and apply them judiciously.

how many people have tried using the optional rules for thresholds instead of opposed tests for ranged combat?

Sick the initiative adept on them. Fortunately that's me and I get to do my job 3/4 into the run.

Would Shadowrun be a good system to use for a straight cyberpunk game or would stripping out the fantasy elements be taking too much away?

Shadowrun isn't a good system at all.

b-but why would you play it then?

cuse its good

dice fetish

20+ dicepools get me hard

What's the best way to physically roll 20 dicepools at a time, anyway

With 20 dice and a box

Some people use those dice towers that are like little rainsticks but those are lame

My worst player's plan B is to throw a hissyfit, threaten to leave, and blame another player who built better than them.

It's not like I have a choice if I want some cyberpunk.

I want a new rules book, it's the only time we can all come together to mock something.

My plan B is to summon as big a spirit as I safely can on the spot and have it manifest and wreck everything.

Shadowrun 6e when

My Plan B is a pill taken within 72 hours of insemination.

Hey Yekka I dont know if you saw my post last thread but the new nightly build still has the problem where if you put skills in the entire page gets fucked up and doesnt register.

Saw it, someone played silly buggers with the skill event and broke it. I'll look into it after tonight's game. Should have it sorted by tomorrow's build if it's what I think it is. In the meantime it should still increment properly if you use the arrow keys or numerics to increment it, you just have to click back in to the skill each time.

Do you need a license to put-put around on an Ares-Segway Terrier?

Are you driving it, or riding it?

It's a segway, what do you think?

>My Plan B is a pill

>not a chemical gland
>not an autoinjector
>not even a false tooth compartment
Why are you even playing shadowrun you casual

>tfw the future is so dystopian you need to take a 5-hour class to drive a fucking segway

If you're taking it onto actual roads, I would say yes

I don't mean in the "are you standing on it?" sense, assbutt. It has a pilot program. Is the pilot program driving, or diddling your asshole while you drive?

That will tell you whether you need a license or not.

Er. Wrong post, sorry.
Shadowrun is largely only a good system for running Shadowrun. Removing the fantasy elements largely removes the balancing factors of several rather concepts. You'd be better off using something like Interface Zero for that.

>she needs all the allies she can get
>mfw she has loyalty 6 to my street scum ganger

Since agents are basically pilot programs according to their description, can I gave my agent a personality tweak?

So would a racially correct metahuman get away with murdering a racially incorrect metahuman in a xenophobic/racist country like Japan or the Tirs.

Or for that matter, finding a catholic missionary in Aztlan, kill him in public and perform a religous chant?

>Shadowrun is largely only a good system for running Shadowrun
Even that is hotly contested by some.

>So would a racially correct metahuman get away with murdering a racially incorrect metahuman in a xenophobic/racist country like Japan or the Tirs.
Without a trial, even.

CGL broke everything.

When the CEO decides to renovate his bathroom again.

Pills are cheaper. Hilariously one run involved protecting a preggo elf from a very angry Italian middle manager because, in addition to having his spawn, she stole his world famous calzone filling recipe.

So, why are tripchips more addictive than dreamchips and moodchips? Tripchips just sorta sound like being on acid, whereas dreamchips and moodchips offer less natural, intense emotions and "pleasures"

>she stole his world famous calzone filling recipe.
Bitch deserved to die for that desu

I'm running it that way, works fine. The players were all cyberpunk lightweights and are loving it. Biggest benefit is Stat + Skill is a dead simple resolution mechanic so improvising is a cinch. Between houseruling the usual broken shit, cutting magic, and spinning a custom setting though... I probably should have just learned GURPS.

Can anyone provide tips on which guns are good for a given situation? For instance, don't take ares assault rifle anywhere unless you are ready to go hot, street line special is a great last ditch effort gun you can get in about anywhere, etc. I'm overwhelmed by choices despite playing core rulebook only and I'm not sure which guns to pick up.

> Run a game
> Have one of the big shots in the background of the plot be a dragon
> She frequently interacts with the party in disguise because she enjoys interacting with her toys.
> Specifically shapechanges into a 'meh' appearance woman to not draw attention to her herself.
> High Edge jack-of-all-trades build character decides to hit on the 'meh' appearance woman because "I think it'd be more fun to hit on someone who wasn't expecting anything at all from coming here"
> Decides on a lark to start spending edge on a test to make her laugh.
> Decides to spend edge on a test to compete with her on making puns
> Non-stop successes everywhere
> Poor rolls for the dragon.
> The player finally makes a flirt roll.
> +15 hits
> Dragon some how critically glitches.

That was one of the strangest games I've ever run.

My back up plan is a force 12 beast spirit with the movement power and Improved Invisibility.

Automatics;
Assault rifles
>take when things go loud and subtlety is out the window
SMG's
>The biggest automatic you should bring on a stealth run.
Machine Pistols
>most of them suck but they're the most concealable thing an automatics guy will have
Pistols;
Heavy Pistols
>your big boy. Everyday carry and workhorse.
Light Pistols
>your stealth option. Good concealability and as options that either punch above their weight class or are super stealthy like the ares light fire
Holdouts
>your last resort. Always have a holdout because it will be the last gun anyone finds on you.
Tasers
>legal as fuck and wont raise any eyebrows when spotted. Does good stun damage and iirc are pretty quiet. Faces love tasers.
Longarms
Shotguns
>flechette rules and choke make these lovely. Overall have terrible options for stealth and concealability unless you dip into the german exclusive stuff for silenced shotguns and shotgun pistols
Sniper Rifles
>Nobody wants a dedicated sniper on their team, so take a crockett or a J and play as a marksman instead.

Sporting Rifles are fluffy as all hell though. Especially if you go with the Lever Actions, take a revolver and a Combat Knife.

I'd still take a marksman over a cowboy.

So is it legal to hardwire cyberdeck modules into commlinks? I want to make my own joi with an agent.

>implying everything prior to 4th wasn't a burning trashheap
Come on, 5th infuriates me but I'm at least prepared to play it, I wouldn't touch 3rd with someone else's cyberarm.

Basic rundown for what to expect on guns, civilians, and security response;

High class neighbourhoods up to corporate headquarters: you can own small bladed weapons and pistols while living in these areas, but don't expect to carry them around with you like you could defend yourself outside your home. Open carry means confiscation, possibly a fine. Concealed carry license means you will be checked for weapons on the street. Heavily enforcement applies to everything else. Even body armour draws attention, unless it's fashionable.

Middle class neighbourhoods: Small bladed weapons and knives are ok to carry. Nice industrial areas get lumped in here.
Lower-Middle class areas (where you start to draw to the edge of areas where paracritters and such are more common) bring rifle ownership in as common. Not so nice industrial areas get lumped in here.

Lower class neighbourhoods: Common possession that security overlooks shifts from rifles to automatics. You can threaten someone with a weapon in plain view of a patrol officer. So long as you're not carrying military hardware, and no one gets hurt right then and there, they don't respond. Worse industrial areas get lumped in here.

Poor neighbourhoods: Nonstandard ammo types see wider use due to the widespread lack of paid critter exterminators. Also because protecting yourself from stray rounds or pot shots is smart, and if you're trying to kill someone you need the extra punch. Illegal cyberware mods are common, but not as obvious as those used in areas with no security oversight.

Slum neighbourhoods: Patrols only pass through here when it's easier than going around, which means enforcement of laws is light at best. Any kind of abandoned area (pollution, paracritter infestation, territory shift, etc) will be treated like this.

Z Zone: Nada. Zip. Zilch. You're either paying off a gang, syndicate, or on your own.

Ranks drop by 1 at night, or (for slums) when a local Z Zone firefight overflows.

Thankfully, nobody died that run. We wound up being the televised version of Maury due to a hacker signal broadcast getting put on the Matrix, and the Face became a sensation because the sam hit them with a chair.

What do you consider a marksman? Someone who takes out high priority targets in a fight?

>>Nobody wants a dedicated sniper on their team,
>not being a Sniper Sam who protects their team from the back

A marksman is someone that follows the squad and makes the long range shots. You ever see band of brothers? theres a scene where they get shifty to take out a german sniper in a house on the other side of the street thats pinning them down.

Be shifty user.

When your job can be done by a few rotodrones on a roof you know you're doing something wrong.

Rotodrones are easily spotted by cops you know. Especially if they are running silent when they try to ping them.

And a street sam would be far more useful with the actual team than sitting around like an asshole waiting to take the shot.

Hell my rigger had a desert strike equipped car once. He used THAT as their covering fire by parking it in nearby multi story parking buildings.

Just cause you have a sniper rifle doesn't mean you HAVE to be the guy in the ghillie suit a mile away from the rest of team.

Crockett long bursts are no joke, but you retain the capacity to pop heads from afar if need be.

Then you're playing as a designated marksman and congratulations we just went on this tangent for nothing.

Thank you for your info.
What would one need if they live in a middle class neighborhood for reasons but still needed to be a runner?

>Just cause you have a sniper rifle doesn't mean you HAVE to be the guy in the ghillie suit a mile away from the rest of team.

But that's what I want. I want to be as far away from the rest of the team as possible.

Being in a sniping position also allows for good flanking positions during ambushes, and even dealing with runners (people running away, though that doesn't exclude runners running).

Then play as a rigger, sit in the van and jump into the drones you send to accompany them.
Or..you know, dont be an asshole.

No. I want to be the Sniper Sam.

Actually fight me irl

Why? Your job as a sam is to protect your team. What are you going to do when the runs take you somewhere you cant sit around like a brooding cunt and shoot guards through walls? Hell what equipment are you going to take to ensure you can shoot people through walls? You'll need a hell of a lot more than just a rifle you'll need camera drones and sensors out the ass. What are you going to do when your shots fail to penetrate and you officially fucked the run up by letting the decker die?

Protect from the back, like I said.

How? Please understand that snipers do not protect people from the back thats not what they do. You're either half a mile away spending a week waiting for that perfect shot or you're with your team. They are two very different jobs.

>protect from the back
>in close-quarters urban environment
You should be taking point motherfucker. What are you going to do about corners?

>Overall have terrible options for stealth and concealability unless you dip into the german exclusive stuff for silenced shotguns and shotgun pistols
>shotgun pistols

Desire to know more intensifies.

>How?
Through taking shots from my sniper rifle, duh.

Shoot them before.

Send the face around it first apparently.

The Altmayr SPX2. It has translated stats in the OP pastebin. Its an 8 round shotgun that has heavy pistol concealability. There is also an smg sized shotgun that can take a silencer, but you cant take the silencer for it at chargen due to availability.

Let me tell you how that's going to pan out for you. You're going to set up somewhere, action is going to take your team inside, around a corner, or otherwise out of line of sight, then you're going to complain that you didn't get to participate.

We won the war, why do they still have all the good stuff?

Let me tell you something: The GM isn't going to be passive aggressive like you, so I will get things to do.

That's not passive aggressive of the GM, it's you expecting to be spoon fed.

Well its not all good. Their kraut space gun is basically a booteg alpha with 2 less dv. Its a shame too because its sexy as fuck

Smuggling compartments (Rigger 5), hardshell briefcase (Run & Gun explosives section) weapon breakdown mods (Hard Targets), decent palming skills, etc.

Shoot the corners first? Wut?

Stat + skill pretty much describes Cyberpunk 2020.

Take stat + skill, add 1d10, compare this with a target number (TN 10+ = easy, TN 15+ = average, TN 20+ = difficult, TN 25+ = very difficult, TN 30+ = nearly impossible). If your score is equal or greater than TN, you succeed. If it's lower, you failed. If you rolled a 10, you can roll again and add the score to the total (roll again and add again if it's a 10 again). If you rolled a 1 it's an automatic failure - roll again and check the fumble chart. Sometimes you don't roll vs. a TN, but against an opposed roll (ex. Stealth vs. Awareness).

Ranged combat works about the same. In hand-to-hand combat you make opposed rolls.

Bam! You know how to play Cyberpunk 2020.

Is it passive agressive to assume that not all runs will take place inside huge open football stadiums? Literally how do you cover your team, as a "sniper," once they enter a building?

Is it passive aggressive to assume that not all runs will take place inside a building?

And to be clear I'm not saying "don't do it!" I'm just curiou about what your plan is for those sorts of situations.

Where the fuck are you running, amazonia?

Don't leave us hanging omae. Did they fuck?

No of course not. In ideal circumstances I don't see why it won't work. I'm just wondering how often your encounter ideal circumstances in your game. If it's very often/ 100% because no one wants to be left out, then great; however, that's not the game most people are in so the default assumption is that you won't always have the option to hang back and plink at people.

Not him but that literally is where I'm running.

Well she critical glitched so she probably got pregnant somehow.

I know you're a 6/12, but I'm kinda in a relationship right now

Seeing as most places shadowrunners will go are office blocks, secret laboratories, residential areas, arcologies, decaying ruins of buildings... it's pretty damn dumb to build around large open spaces. What are you going to do about basements? Underground is a classic place for shady labs.

We did an Amazonia oneshot; spent a disproportionate amount of time in heavily obscured terrain Viet Nam style. There's simply no guarentee, short of GM intervention, that will allow someone 0.5km+ away to be a contributing member of the team.

Being a sniper is fine as long as you can do other things too. Can we stop arguing now?

No.

Being a sniper is fine, if you do other things 99% of the time.

Being a sniper is fine if you and your group can have fun with it.

Now can we stop arguing?

She was so flustered by the experience she completely changed her outlook on metahumanity. Since her plan originally was going to have her betray them, she frantically tried to stop the schemes she had put into motion, without revealing weakness to other dragons (or revealing to them that she suddenly wanted monkey dick).

They did end up making babies, but that ended in him being retired from the shadows giving a big middle finger to the Shadow Runner's oath of never deal with a dragon.

Not the same user, but... No one ever gets perfect situations for their builds at all times. A specialized sniper will still be pretty good with a battle rifle most likely, and have skills that will make him useful in non-sniping situations. It's silly to think a sniper can only snipe.

When I've played a sniper character, I'd say I probably got do to full on sniping 20% of combats? We specifically tried to engage in situations where we could leverage ambushes, but when that didn't pan out I still had my pistols and knives.

No.

How do you make use of amounts of explosives less than a kilogram?

Pranks.

Use it to cut a fuel line in a vehicle, to damage something something in a machine, pop a tire, injure someone's hand, set off a sympathetic explosion. Or my favorite, to unclog a toilet after a troll comes to visit. Just make sure you have pipes and a toilet that can hold up to that kind of punishment.