/CofD/ & /wodg/ Chronicles of Darkness and World of Darkness General

Previous thread: >Pastebin:
pastebin.com/7HiVphFm
>News
kickstarter.com/projects/200664283/chronicles-of-darkness-dark-eras-2/posts/2018962
>This week's Monday Meeting Notes:
theonyxpath.com/a-little-island-in-a-sea-of-kickstarts-monday-meeting-notes/
>Question:
What do you think of the Hunter preview?
>5th edition cliffnotes
pastebin.com/cp0r59da
>New Deviant preview
theonyxpath.com/one-of-a-kind-deviant-the-renegades/

Other urls found in this thread:

forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?817932-BlackHat-Matt-Is-No-Longer-a-Moderator-at-RPGnet&p=21460035#post21460035
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

First for Tzimisce and Vamps in general

So, should we expect Tween: The Raping for GenCon 2018?

>So, should we expect Tween: The Raping for GenCon 2018?
Didn't Beast already come out?

So. I'm running a character with two derangements.
How do i balance japestery and the seriousness of his conditions.

are you the schizophrenia + multiple personalities guy?

forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?817932-BlackHat-Matt-Is-No-Longer-a-Moderator-at-RPGnet&p=21460035#post21460035

Yes.

I decided on two out of three extra personalities, leading up to four.

Mot: rambo like power fantasy

Otm(pronounced autum): a motherly character based on a jewish, women he saw executed.

I wanted a final, more antagonistic character. To add to his headmates.

>A few days ago I posted about our decision to remove BlackHat Matt as a moderator at RPGnet. Since then we've been discussing backstage whether to also remove him as a member of the community — a decision that is not usually based on off-board behavior. Nonetheless, in this specific case, we have decided to do so. This is mainly because we have concerns over vulnerable forum members' feelings of safety, but also because we think that Matt posting on the boards in the future would create further difficulties. This has been an extraordinary situation, and not one that I would want to use as a precedent. However our intention at this point is that Matt is permanently banned from RPGnet.

Holy shitttttttttt. Pretty damning. Care to weigh in skeptical people? When will OPP talk about it?

What splat/game?
please don't say malk

Aaand Matt's been permanently banned from RPGnet entirely, which is pretty much the nail in the rapecoffin.

Matt confirmed for having committed statutory rape of a 15-year-old girl while ten years older than her (25/15 might not sound so bad to a pure virgin, but if you've been developing emotionally it's pretty obvious by that age that a 15-year-old really is a child and you really would have to be a pedophile to want one) and then after she turned 16 and grew a little common sense, "Republican-raping" her after she told him she didn't want to have sex.

I'm morbidly curious about what he did to the other two girls. Are they saying he harassed them or that they're also victims of the Beast dev's teen rape spree?

It is a malk. But i'm not going full fish slappery. But i also don't wanna go edgelord either.

Ephebophilia, not pedophilia.

Still fucked up.

Best of luck, ive never seen anyone pull off malk properly, its just best not to try imo

lolololololol

they'll be slow as fuck and spend X amount of days or weeks deleting threads and people who bring it up publically, but eventually they'll roll out a full bleeding-heart chest-pounding condemnation. they have no choice. even if he was entirely innocent, they would have no choice, they don't have the financial breathing room to gamble on their fanbase's desire for justice, which is mostly a historical ideal at this point in history.

left or right (or center or "don't label me i'm special"), perception is everything in all cases - not just UNTIL facts, but DESPITE them. Matt is a rapist. he will always be a rapist, even if he never touched the girl who came forward, even if he had no genitals or had lived his whole life in an isolated sealed anti-rape chamber, he is now a rapist.

OPP will gut him as cleanly as it can, because he's a friend and companion and probably slept with some of the staff at some point (given that there's all of five of them or whatever) and then they will open themselves to let their fans fuck them to completion. at this point, their whole dark urban fantasy/horror niche is fucked and the Tumblr-bred crowd - who want to talk about gender-swapping werewolf pregnancies and why Rose Bailey will never be as brave as Matt because Rose just lives as a transgender woman and doesn't say zir like she's supposed to - are their biggest PAYING market, the ones who will always dogpile their Kickstarters on principle, unlike the people actually playing the games who for example think Beast was fucked up and didn't buy it.

anyway Matt's probably not innocent so I guess it's fine this time. public gutting, huge group hug, Changeling and Geist 2E, rebooted Scion and Trinity, it'll be fine.

Ephebophilia is a term that originates with violent child rapists and is as fake as that fear-of-holes thing somebody made up because getting people to pretend they were afraid of shower heads by peer pressure / special olympics lure alone is hilarious.

There are ONLY pedophiles, and there are NO confirmed cases of a pedophile restricted solely to whatever you think an acceptable age range is - there's always what's sometimes called a "wander," where TL;DR if you'll fuck 15 you'll fuck 12 if you get a chance.

It's possible for a pedophile to control their urges, but it requires constant reinforcement that those urges are a sickness. The fakephilia craze only enables kiddiefucking. There are no ephebophiles. There have never been ephebophiles.

Oh wow, you sound angry.

But no, there is a difference. There's a whole topic on 'philias.

What Matt did (if he did) was unforgivable, but it wasn't pedophilia. It was plain rape. Horrible.

>Things about being a pedo
You sure know a specious amount about pedos there...

Should have replaced the Deviant preview with the Hunter preview?

Tell that to the Japanese, you uneducated shit.

>Japanese
>Filthy deviants
>Point unclear.

I'm mocking both user and the Japanese.

Excellent. Thanks you for the clarification.

Sounds pretty much how I was expecting it to go. No new news came out as far as I'm aware, this is just a case of 'Well people are going to keep thinking things about him no matter what so this is our only choice unless we want massive backlash from the userbase'

They banned Matt because certain snowflakes on the admittedly "social justice" rpg.net might not feel "safe" by Matt's literal virtual existence. The mods didn't even allude to any actual evidence that corroborates the allegations against him.

Rpg.net is a private site, and they certainly have the legal right to demod or ban Matt or anyone else. However, Matt is been a loyal, active and dedicated member and unpaid mod on the site for many years. To treat him like yesterday's trash based on a mere allegation of misconduct from nearly two decades ago, particularly without Matt being able to meaningfully respond or defend himself, demonstrates an abject lack of character.

I personally never really much liked Matt, but until there's some real public evidence against him, he's definitely being treated unjustly.

Any other mod who continues participating on rpg.net after seeing how Matt's been treated is a damned fool.

I enjoy the speculating on OPP's response.

I surmise that Matt will post a comment on the OPP forum stating how he was taking a break from writing and developing for OPP because he involvement is a distraction from the games he loves. Rich was sadly accept and respect Matt's decision. They will both hope this fiasco blows over in a year or two, at which point Matt may return. Also, in light of the fact the Swedish overlords had no trouble with the Zach mess, I doubt they care how OPP handles this matter.

>All men are guilty until proven more guilty.

>rpg.net banning him means that he is guilty
>all shaddy guys wanting an easly lay from a late teen would want to have sex with a 6 years old
>Tumblr writing style
>not bait

I like the conditions presented in the Hunter preview. I liked most of the things that cause breaking points, and I liked the stuff enforcing solidarity between Hunters.

There's two issues though. Some of the breaking points, and the modifiers paint a schizophrenic picture. On one hand, whenever you first kill a new type of monster you take a (admittedly pretty easy with touchstones, and the situationals of protecting others, which is Hunter 101) breaking point.

On the other hand, it kinda penalizes you for working with supernaturals if you take the definition of monster as any supernatural.

So it wants us to kill monsters but feel bad about it?

That's really the only issue I have with the Hunter preview. Besides breaking points have always been a bit like guidelines for my group, we play around with the rules for them anyway.

I can play too

I rather like the presented endowments. But I've always liked the Lucifuge.

"Him being demodded was not in any way, shape, or form an indication or official statement regarding his guilt in a criminal accusation, nor was his permanent ban. We're volunteer moderators on an elfgames forum and we don't have the expertise or authority to make official determinations like that.

Furthermore, it can be extremely dangerous to take sudden action on someone else's rape accusations simply because it feels like the right thing to do. That's actually the sort of thing that intimidates many women into not saying anything, because we don't know how much our lives could potentially be ruined by someone trying to help but doing so recklessly and without regard for our safety. As moderators, we wanted to take some time to assess the situation before rushing into something that could potentially harm abuse victims rather than help them."

>Presented without comment

>Words
And people say rape isn't funny

It's not that hard. Have more than just the one Malkavian in a city, enforce derangements, don't introduce them by their derangement, don't be exclusively twee. If it's good first you can meet the fishiest fucking clown and worry that he's trying so hard to make you dismissive of him.

I'm still waiting to see any evidence or corroboration of the allegations against Matt.

Mat has amply demonstrated over the years that he's a self-righteous ass. However, that is a far cry from rapist.

Matt's been a long-time, dedicated and loyal member of the WW, rpg.net and general gaming communities, and personal friends with innumerable industry insiders. Virtually overnight he has become persona non grata, and object of scorn and disgust, over an uncorroborated allegation of misconduct from 18 years ago.

The moral cowardice on display is truly breathtaking, and will only get worse.

Here's what happened: someone who knew the rape victim and that Matt had raped her (twice, if you count statutory rape) brought the Sexual Harassment Mentzer Industry Blah Blah thread to her attention, where Matt was modding. She came forward, shit ground to a brief halt while the site reached out to her and Matt with a quick "uh."

Matt said something that was not "I didn't rape her."

At this point what the girl said is irrelevant, even just "what do you need from me as evidence" would have been enough. Matt is demodded, it gets kicked up to Shannon. Both parties were "invited" to go to Shannon and maybe the girl did, I imagine Shannon probably went to Matt directly.

Matt says something else that isn't "I didn't do it."

Matt is permanently banned from RPGnet. Look, the ban isn't a fucking conviction, sure, but they already demodded him - that would have held off the bloodlust for maybe a month at the inside, and then they could just drop a "yeah, we're still investigating, or more accurately we're still waiting for further information from people who actually know what they're doing legally and procedurally speaking" and then they'd have however much time they'd actually need.

Instead they moved from the demod to a permaban. I'm going to go ahead and call that confirmation that at least in the backstage of RPGnet, Matt is *not defending himself,* and may actually have come forward and said "yes, i raped her."

Not defending yourself doesn't mean you're guilty either. Since his rapedate Matt's been pretty fucking sensitive about the far left liberal loonybin and it's not inconceivable he's martyring himself off of a site he isn't that invested in to keep from having to call out a false accuser and opening an end-times shitshow unto the community. Or maybe he's just like fuck it this isn't worth my time, BUT

Matt is an active writer and developer with his own company and projects he was promoting last week. He can't afford not to fight...if innocent.

This is actually the ultimate in moral courage: turning against a friend and colleague with swords drawn and sacrificing something of personal value to you for the gift-to-the-world that is believing women, validating and protecting women. Especially in the gaming industry, the ones who aren't waiting for a trial (spoiler alert: if it happened it's public record, if it didn't it isn't GOING TO) to show trust and support for a victim are fucking heroes. The only heroes left in an age of bullshit, the ones who stand up for those who can't defend themselves.

That girl could be destroyed over this. Whatever happens to McFarland is incidental, he made his money and he had his "special night" with this poor child. His life needed to be over 18 years ago, five minutes before he raped her. That it's ending now isn't to be lauded. It's just necessary.

It's still brave, to give up your buddy for what's right.

Not WoD, but if I don't get some god-damned Scion 2ed updates, I am going to scream. I paid good money for this shit, Onyx Path. Get your act together, and don't pull another Exalted.

Read the comments from the mods. They don't even implicitly suggest any evidence against Matt, no less a confession. The focus is quite clearly on maintaining a "safe space." Matt's permaban was to prevent allegations of not believing the "victim," being rape apologists, etc. I believe the mods and owner have no idea at all if Matt is guilty, and despite his loyalty and hard work, they're more than willing to sacrifice him to maintain their own *perceived* virtue. It's called cowardice. Yeah, that's real "social justice."

I'm going to be playing a forces mage in an upcoming 2e game. Heat, Sound, Kinetic, Nuclear, Gravity, etc. The book seems limited though. What else can you do with it?

Do you have any actual evidence that Matt is guilty? Even outside a court of law, the vast majority of people expect more than a mere accusation of conduct nearly two decades ago before branding someone a rapist.

You think Forces is limited?

You're hilarious.

Read more carefully - they deliberately "slip" in their neutral tone to discuss why recklessness is dangerous to actual rape victims, not why recklessness is dangerous to RPG writers whose careers are being inconvenienced.

But it doesn't matter, the good guys win anyway. Matt's a burning zeppelin and he'll be untouchable in the field he loves. Should have thought about consequence before raping a kid, maybe he thought she'd be scared forever. I hope knowing that at least he can't profit off a fake image of yet another "trustworthy feminist totally safe white male" is some cold comfort to her.

In other news and given all the revelations cropping up - Mentzer, Morke, Webb, now McFarland - I think maybe it's time for the community to shift to buying WoC/MoC with an open history products exclusively...I'm sick of feeling like anything I buy is a timebomb to revealing my money supported a rapist...

You control everything from computers to the weather; invisibility, flight, and the entire electromagnetic spectrum are yours to command.

The real question is what *can't* you do with Forces with even the tiniest bit of imagination.

Yes, RPGnet's decision to switch from a demodding and "we're talking this out backstage" to a permanent ban. It's not "legal" proof but it's definitely social proof that the people with the most information agree that he's guilty.

Again, what's the evidence of Matt's guilt besides an untested accusation on rpg.net.

I think Matt's an ass, and I'll never forgive him for Beast, but I've nowhere near prepared to label and treat him as a rapist.

Forces is a pretty versatile Arcanum. I mean you can do a lot with it. Get past electronic locks, survive in extreme weather conditions, reenact that Inception scene in the hallway, punch through people, render yourself totally silent and invisible, and more. Personally though I always like to play Tamers of Fire Obrimos. It's a fun Legacy.

>heat
>sound
>kinetic
>nuclear
>gravity
>limited

What the FUCK is wrong with you? I hope your DM uses the Sanity Mage rules so you get sound and light and and eventually fire only, you don't deserve your power.

WTF is "social proof?" It sounds like enough people were angry, and to not ban Matt might suggest the allegation weren't true, something unforgivable in the left-wing rpg.net echo chamber. So, despite his participation, loyalty and service, they kicked Matt to the curb within days without even a hint of proof.

What? That's retarded.

The greater community has labeled him a rapist and will treat him accordingly forever. You're either a part of the community and relevant to this conversation, or you're not and it doesn't matter what you want to know.

He's been found guilty of rape, statutory rape, and an undisclosed sexual assault in an absolute sense in the social sphere. If the courts want to imprison him that's great, but his time living the good life is up.

>Short Bus Obrimos ?

speaking of RPGnet bullshit does anyone know who the fuck the mod Arache is? She/it is apparently a prolific games author, and I would like to know who they are so I can not accidentally buy anything of theirs.

Yeah but we are Veeky Forums.

I know which studios she writes for, yeah, but what exactly do you think she did? Links or caps please before I join the RPGnet tar-and-feather orgy in here.

It would be karma if the powers that be on rpg.net are also accused of sexual misconduct and then shunned in the new McCarthyite witch trials looking for sexual predators under every proverbial rock in the gaming industry.

It would be unjust, by the schadenfreude would be delicious.

la révolution dévore ses enfants

I don't think they did anything other then being a self righteous SJW asshole. I'd rather not toss cash at people I dislike.

>inb4 Matt's "i did it" post in less than a week

Show of hands. I KNOW there isn't enough evidence, but does anyone seriously think he ISN'T guilty? I'm seeing a lot of "yeah he's a rapist" and a lot of "we can't know that" and exactly 0 "this doesn't sound like the Matt I've met and had make creepy comments about me like every other male dev and half of all fellow nerds when I'm in cosplay."

>what exactly do you think she did?

She threw Matt, a dedicated, loyal and hard-working (unpaid) mod for years to "safe space" wolves to hide cowardice and maintain the pretense of virtue.

Is it really hard why some might not want to support her professional endeavors?

>I cannot believe I'm defending Matt, but what's right is right.

he admitted it backstage, didn't he? he's permaban now?

>but does anyone seriously think he ISN'T guilty

I have no idea if Matt's guilty or not. I will not just assume someone is a sexual predator without some evidence, no less concerning a single event 18 years ago.

If Matt confesses that's fine. At least we'll know the truth, and can judge and respond accordingly. However, it still would not justify the "accusation as total evidence" and "punish now, trial later" crowd's rush to judgment.

Why are you falling for something that is trying to stir shit up? Remember where you are.

If Matt admitted it, the mods would have mentioned a confession. It would have provided them with the moral, if not legal, justification they obviously know they're currently lacking.

Based on the mods' posts, it seems all they did was exchanged email with accuser or her friend/representative, spoke with Matt who likely denied everything, and then given the nature of their admittedly "social justice" gaming website, decided tossing Matt was the easiest course of action.

Why do the books usually swap between masculine and feminine pronouns ?

>prayed for an end to magefag discussions
>instead got discussion about a possible crime commited 18 years ago and how it affects an internet forum
Truly, this is a WORLD OF DARKNESS

>trying to stir shit up

What? I personally think Matt is a douche and mediocre game designer, but am certainly not willing to brand him a rapist and watch his life and work destroyed without any actual evidence.

White Wolf tradition dating back to VtM 1e. They-as-singular was considered a style guide no-no until very recently.

No, I mean the post you're responding to. It's clearly written to rile a Veeky Forums user up. Again, remember where we are and what people like to do in these kinds of situations.

It affects more than the forum. Matt is a critical developer and author at OPP/WW. I believe his credits may even eclipse DaveB and Rose. His sudden and involuntary departure *will* affect the quality and speed of publication of CofD books.

If he is not really guilty, CofD fans will needlessly suffer along with Matt.

Wasn't he also on Dreaming 20th? OWoD will likely suffer a bit too.

If we accuse Brucato of rape, does that mean he'll probably be forced off M20?

>Moral conundrum...

You should probably let him rape you. I believe in you user.

I haven't been following old WOD books for some time. Matt's almost certain "retirement" may indeed cause problems for the old gamelines as well as the new.

Presumption of innocence, unless he confess then I hardly see how he could be proven guilty after 18 years so I think he is more likely innocent than not.

So if the dude gets fired, Awakening fags suffer?
Yeah I always knew he was a rapist

You don't need an actual rape with the WW crowd. An accusation is as good as a conviction.

I think Demon, Beast and Changeling will likely suffer the most, but I have no idea what books Matt's working on right now.

Probably best if you just get his paetreon shut down so he can't pay rent lol.

>rape yourself
>blame others
Holy fuck i just discover a way to become rich.

I have to wonder what his lifestyle is like

Matt's also the developer for Promethean. At the very least, Demon, Promethean and Beast will badly suffer. I bet he's also working on Hunter 2e and Deviant.

>Holy fuck i just discover a way to become rich.

Real world juries, civil and criminal, are far more demanding than rpg.net members and mods.

Degenerate I think. Psure hes a dirty polyamory man who tries to bang married women hippie.

RPG writer the day, real life Mage the night.

>So if the dude gets fired, Awakening fags suffer?

Unless Dave's been accused of rape, Awakening will be just fine. It's possible that Dave may not appreciate how Matt's being treated and not want to work with OPP any longer, but that's pure conjecture at this point.

Dave raped crossover balance.

HE RAPED MY WALLET FOR $375

Good, because crossover "balance" was raping the games back in 1e with needless design decisions.

>Dave raped crossover balance.

If crossover balance in nWOD 1e wasn't wearing that short skit and drinking, nothing would have happened.

Yeah. I mean, if crossover balance knew Dave was coming to town, maybe it should have stayed out of poorly lit alleys.

So what...even if Matt didn't get the boot soon, OPP is slow and lazy as shit anyways.

This changes nothing because nothing ever comes out at any decent speed and quality has been shit for awhile now.

Do it!

We got a full system preview what more you want? Also supposedly new update before the month is out.

Would be nice if we could get back on track and discuss WoD-related subjects.

>Do it!

I will not, but allowing accusations to be the equivalent of criminal guilt sadly encourages unbalanced, retributive and sadistic conduct.

If things don't calm down, expect GenCon 2018 to be a witch hunt. It does not bode well for the entire industry.

>Topic is rape
>Isn't WoD related
Have you even read these books?