Tell me Veeky Forums, what does your character have waiting for them at home?

Tell me Veeky Forums, what does your character have waiting for them at home?

Other urls found in this thread:

tsumino.com/Book/Info/30316/zom-zom-biyori-
youtu.be/QOzXRpLD-XU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

WAR

a rip in space and time which caused him to go on this adventure in the first place.

Sauce ?

Her brother and a tribe that hates/fears her.

Currently mongol invasion.

simple bed, spare clothes, and a shrine to ever-hungry patron

tsumino.com/Book/Info/30316/zom-zom-biyori-
only because its my favourite

Dead parents and an a squad of Paladins with an arrest warrant

Maybe some dew, depending on the time and season.

A cult of creatures from all across the universe waiting to hear on his wisdom.
He's more into jazz, though, so that's what they'll listen to.

Nothing. It's why he's going on adventures.

A hag who he probably should have killed but he couldn't bring himself to do so.

Now dear sweet mother won't get out of his head.

tell me more about your character.

Probably assassin's since he's running for office right now.

Nothing. His cosmic-tier bad luck barely gives him anything now.

A small waterside village full of friendly faces, a wife, a son, and a brother doing him the favour of looking out for them while he's away.

What do you mean, waiting? My character's home is permamently a few days of travel at most from wherever we're adventuring at the moment.
We're running a "You are in charge of a town now, by the way, literally every force of darkness in the world wants to destroy it, and it's built on the indian graveyard, good luck" kind of campaign.

They were all dead the minute you wrote them in to your story and you know it.

Well technically his entire home universe blew up near the start of the adventure so...

A big bedroom for his harem, a big vault to store whatever loot, gold, and weapons that are too heavy to carry on his person, and some servant clay golem girls.

Wanderers don't have homes they don't carry with themselves. She's yet to find a permanent home.

A good book, a comfy recliner, and cooling chinese takeout because THOSE DAMN KIDS HAD TO TRY SUMMONING FOR REAL

Mechanically: 5e wild magic sorceress with outlander background. The wild magic is what they take exception to.

Her father the chief told her "If you stay, you're going to buckle down, have kids, and fly right" so she left. He wasn't giving her an ultimatum, but a warning. She travels around, seeing the world and living the kind of life she wants to live.

Previously the asshole baron that owned him as a slave. Currently the other asshole baron whom I sold the other guys fortune to. They're identical except the one I'm on good terms with is wearing glasses.

Reminds me of Skeletor struggling to open a box of chinese food.

A pair of worried parents and a bunch of friends confused about why he dropped off the face of the earth. Though he only got into the whole adventure thing because his home life unexpectedly turned very quiet and very lonely and he's trying to fix that.

Probably not in the best way, but I guess he's trying.

A loyal servant and a hearty fire.

Crippling feelings of loneliness.

just like real life

I bet he's "looking out" for your wife all right.

Pedos ought to be burned alive, desu

Talk for yourself, I know that if I come back home my parents will always be there to watch me with evident dissapointment while they silently wonder at what moment everything went wrong.

4U
youtu.be/QOzXRpLD-XU

Slave hunters and probably a shallow, goblin-sized grave.

A mothafuckin' cozy ass cabin alone in the woods. He goes adventuring to pay the bills and for the excitement. Also, his two friends are technically homeless so they crash there too.

Scorn and mockery. He used to be a respected scholar but his doomsaying got him discredited.

He doesn't have a home anymore
Never make joke about the queen being a whore in front of the whole noble court
for his defense he was drunk

Nothing. She left years ago. He still hasn't moved on.

did he at least fucked her?

He wish he did but he backed out because he didn't want to take any risk
He regret it now

he should at least come and get the dick in her pussy
is she still on him?

The wife, unfortunately. Political marriages are a bitch.

After what he said? No way. She wants his head on a pike for outing her in front of all the noble families
Even if he was just a jester from a simple noble familiy, it's still humiliating for her
For now he is hiding in crate in a boat sailing far away from the kingdom

The closest thing my Warforged has to a home is the estate of a well-off family whose ancestor my character saved some 300 years ago. Whenever he comes back it's a big celebration, and they take very good care of him.

He knows he doesn't deserve it after all the terrible things he's done since he saved that man's life.

PTSD, guilt and magical experiments. Also a planning a Republican revolt against the royalty and nobility.

Loving parents
A classmate with a crush she cannot reciprocate
A room filled with half-built prototypes of nonlethal traps

Father who believes in caster supremacy and believes his warrior son to be a failure, and beloved mother

Duty.

What awaits him at home is a sigh of false relief, and a lingering sense of dread towards work tomorrow
>Be my character
>Regular overtime worker in an office
>Age inching scarily close towards 30
>Live far away from friends and family because of work
>Walk into flat and lock the door behind you
>There's no dad to ask 'Hey son how was work?' when you return, pridefully smiling at the functioning working man he's raised
>There's no mom to welcome you to a warm home-cooked meal in the kitchen, as reward for your efforts
>There's no little sister to shout 'Hello!' from upstairs when she hears the door close behind you
>There's no little brother to blast music from his closed bedroom, giving you a muffled 'Hey welcome back' when you pass his door on the way to yours
>There never was a wife or girlfriend to hug you and chuckle at your appearance, seeing just how knackered you are from work
>You are alone
>This is your life
My GM is an asshole

His daughter grew up and married a nice boy. His wife passed and he decided to try to help some traveling youngsters.
Old mad bard that I'm playing like a gym teacher. Insists everyone does P.T. every morning and gives inspiration by screaming at them to "get [their] head in the game".
I guess "back home" is an apartment in the city above his daughter's bakery.

Books and what basically amounts of a bunch of imaginary friends.

The ghosts of everyone we lost up to this point.

A family who wants to beat her ass for running away with an ancient treasure map and then wed her off to some ponce noble so she stops embarrassing the family name.

A robot, identical to him. The one waiting is the original who let the entire batch loose on the world, with the final survivor having to return and challenge the original that only the most effective model may survive.

His fucking feud. Well, his father's. For all that tragedy noble shit, I found Pendragon's approach refreshing. Tough I wish the GM used our families more.

Gravely concerned parents who aren't nearly the ashamed socialites he pretends in order to justify extorting them.

A little orphan girl he's training to be a proper wife, just like me

His mother and father. And a new little sister that he doesn't know about yet.

Quite literally nothing.
He got 11 Insanity Points from that realisation.

Her own grave and that of her husband.

Parents and siblings uncomfortable in his presence due to his convictions and his suffering fill the manor that may be one place he calls home. An undecorated cell in a monastery full of men who are made uncomfortable by the station of his birth and his martial nature might be another.

He hopes to build a third, true home with one of his traveling companions when they win enough of a rest or a retirement to start a family, but he fears his quest will never end, and she fears being domesticated, so it may never come to fruition.

A Ronin deputy and a couple of peasants.

Nothing really. A lot of stuff has happened and pretty much everyone she cared about is either dead or wants nothing to do with her anymore. Only reason she hasn't offed herself is a promise she made to her dead father.

A family who mostly ignores her, along with a plethora of creature comforts
Not awful, all things considered, but she'd end up drowning in ennui

PTSD, depression.

A sickly little sister that might be upset with him over his nearly year long disappearance and a construct butler.

Them and probably more than a few interested parties that will no doubt attempt to find out how exactly he was able to leave.

A family that would probably love and accept her.

A garage for her boat and a couple shitty couches.

isn't that just oots?

The apprentice has lost his parents, but has found a new family in his comrades.
The knight is convinced of being an outcast, yet knows not of the situation in his village, nor of his mentor's fate.
The boy has traveled far from home, unsure as to his family's condition, but he cares not, as life is good.
The girl fights for her tribe at home, for her pride is theirs, and their legacy a guide.

A bunch of paranoid, magic prejudice monks, unless he somehow finds someone that catches his fancy

Home came after him. His overbearing Mistress/Mentor and her broodmate tracked him down. Escape was only ever a dream.

I guess she has a lot of options. She has what is now her palace, she could go back to her homeland where her family is, or she could hang with the other party members who are all her close friends and would be fine with her crashing with them. I guess there are lots of possible meaning for the word Home

A hot bath, a warm bed, a cool family, and a cold beer.

All the things he fights to protect and provide for.

This seems like a good place to ask.

So you have your generic fantasy setting, and your generic farm boy hero, right? If he has no family, what happens to the farm while he is gone? Does it just go abandoned? Do historically inspired fantasy realms have foreclosures? Friendly landlords? Squatters?

The best, most understanding father figure that organised crime can provide.

A band of brothers from all walks of life and united by common goals and attitudes. Fellow lackeys and thugs.

The city he loves: walled, wooden and labyrinthine.

Whichever bunk is free when he gets back and whatever new arms or armour he finds himself in need of.

A hot wife and soon, a lot of rescued orphans once the caravan they're in gets there.

His books, his plant, his hammock and some memories he's not quite over yet.

His ship's cabin is a cozy little retreat and he spends hours every (non-adventuring) day listening to music, tending to the main body of the crawling vine that has gotten into pretty much every part of the ship, reading books and selections from his datapad, and replaying the video from a deceased friend he received shortly before she died more times than is remotely healthy.

The animated corpses of her spouse and family.

His poor mom and dad who dropped out of arcane college to raise him. They expect letters.

Death.

>Implying a murderhobo has a home to return to

If you're still there, this seems really interesting. I'd love to hear about it.

Ceasar is home

A rope and a stool

Peace and oblivion.

An abandoned church with more then half the windows covered by boards and all of them covered by iron bars outside to keep people out. Thick lines of salt crystal set under every doorway and window.

In the nave, a rough bed crafted from plywood waits beside bags of cement and mortar and carefully collected scrap wood intended to restore the carpentry when there is time. A much-read bible, an oil lamp, a five gallon can of kerosine and a case of MREs.

Which home, his residence in the knight's estate that's part of his scholarship, or the farm house the knight found him in and found a taste for his wit?

In the estate, he has a nice bed beside the fireplace, fine wine, a few warm maids, and a plethora of puzzling riddle books and mystery tales to read and challenge the mind, a favorite of the riddle-loving knight who took him in, then there's ofcourse old Benedict himself, the aging jolly man, his arms and armor fit for more than the couple wars the knight who bears them is suited for. There's a few clients that would be waiting for his services, evildoers that need to be thrown in jail but only with the proven motive, means, and opportunity for a proper lawful indictment and prosecution.

But at his home, his true home, his greying mother cleans the produce on the farm now that his father's gone and had who knows what happen to him, few of the children stuck around to be good farm hands while others sought greener pastures. A hard-working family who has been given the privilege to relax thanks to the payments from his performance in the court of law.

Pet pug puppy
>Unconditional love
Pet mix-breed cat
>Unconditional love when it's feeding time
Aquarium with pet tropical fish
>Unconditional indifference
Answering machine
>Filled with dozens of calls from her mother who's undoubtedly watched every moment of her Heroics on TV and is beside herself with worry
Ex-Con Roommate
>Acts indifferent but will be mother henning over every scrape, bruise, cut and strain.

Also, currently her brother is staying with her for a holiday. He'll act like her heroing is no more dangerous then washing the dishes, accuse her of being lazy, goad her about getting a 'proper' job and greet her with a slap on the back. Aimmed right at the angriest looking bruise he can see.

Also, there's enough afterwork meetups with the police, fellow heroes and occasional villains and even community events that she practically lives at the bars along the strip.

In the midst of settled lands the local Lord re assigns it to other peasants.
Assuming the farm boy wasn't a serf, it is still very unlikely the family owned the land, they were just allowed to use it. Share cropping son.

On the borders or near the wilds, either nature reclaims it, a neighbor claims it, or squatters/bandits/refugees infest it.

The ruins of a castle inhabited by a rather gloomy immortal archmage lady. But they both believe the other is dead or gone.

>A large caliber pistol with a single round
>A note for a childhood friend and girl who could have been his wife.
>An assortment of weapons, decks and tech magazines.
Fuck I need to give him something that won't make his life completely depressing.

Interesting user, tell us more? It sounds like a postapoc scenario.

user you must fug Glitterhoof for great justice and you know it.

After all the shit that's happened i'm lucky i still have one. Fuck characters with the bad luck disadvantage, and fuck me for taking pity on them.

Urban fantasy. Like the modern world, but there are ghost, werewolves and vampires out there. He was a bad man that did bad things, his gang was part of the reason the church was closed down and everyone that could moved away.

After an encounter with a monster nearly killed him and a nun nursed him back to heath, he's dedicated himself to trying to fix the things he did wrong and to protect innocent people from the bad things in the dark. He moved into the church and started to repair it a little at a time as part of his pence. That's also why he lives such a spartan, basic lifestyle.

He's very surprised when people show up at the church hoping for services, a sympathetic ear or help. He insist he isn't a preacher and has no right to tell them anything, but he talks things over and as often as not finds some way to help them. (In part because it's a easy way for the GM to involve him in the plot).

A life of quiet reflection at a monastery.

I just retired my LARP character after finishing what felt like a teenage bildungsstory. After some heavy moments and crying and top notch acting I let him return to his parents to serve as a hand on a farm, disillusioned about the life in a big city.

Only took me so long in-character that I was still a kid when I made the character, and now OOC I'm about 5 years older.