Codlr

Long term HODLs, why aren't you keeping your stash in cold storage?

Which big exchange will get hacked next you reckon?

with the nano ledger s, what happens if you all this happens at once:
you lose the device, ledger is out of business and no more ledgers can be found, chrome becomes unsupported and stops working? is there another way to retrieve your coins?

I thought the mnemonic key would allow you to retrieve your coins through other means outside of an actual ledger, I don’t know the tech fully so maybe someone can confirm

You can use your mnemonic key with other wallets

isnt the chrome just a plugin to connect to the bitcoin chain without downloading it all. i'm sure its open source

just waiting for that monero support booooooooy

Yes, look into BIP 39. It describes how to use your recovery phrase to regenerate your wallet/key/whatever. There are even online sites to help convert. Although I'd recommend disconnecting from the internet prior to inputting that info.

Can confirm. It uses an algorithm called “BIP-89” which converts your 24 word pass phrase into the correct protocols.

So even if all those things happened above, the cryptography would still allow you to access the blockchain and someone somewhere would create a work around GUI or something.

Cause it's a fucking bitch to set but I'm working on it.

>there are hackers poking around inside every exchange RIGHT NOW

HIDE YOUR GIBSONS

I;m a paranoid cunt and got a second ledger yesterday to 50/50 my stacks arcoss them lol.
Hate having all my eggs in one basket when my millions depend on it

m-millions?

FUN,REQ,LINK,ZRX + 2 years of HODL = Millions

Just bought one, not taking chances especially if I'm putting a lot into crypto

How are you storing and protecting your mnemonic key? I thought about memorising them and destroying the sheet but I'll never be able to remember all 24 words correctly. I also thought about writing them down in some jumbled order that only I knew how to set straight. Or am I being a faggot and complicating too much?

I've heard ledger will soon add 2nd layer encryption so that'll be nice

Meaning what exactly? Sorry for being a dumb newfag, I got my ledger a week ago and am still learning stuff.

Dont do that lol just put the seed in a fireproof waterproof lockbox and chain it to something

>REQ

Same here user. Mind describing how you configure the ledger Nano S to hold REQ?

Is it easy to screw up and lose the tokens?

Use my ether wallet with your ledger

Only screws up if you send to the wrong adress. Just test it first, youtube is your friend

in q1 2018 ledgers will support monero too