Is it unreasonable of me to want to run a game with normal human PCs without snowflakes wanting to make their character...

Is it unreasonable of me to want to run a game with normal human PCs without snowflakes wanting to make their character have superpowers?

Is it too much to ask to run a historical setting without snowflakes asking for steampunk bullshit every session?

Am I fucking batty for having to tell my players that a game where they get loot every session is not what they fucking signed up for?

Other urls found in this thread:

pirategonzalezgames.com/piratesblog/2017/8/28/6-reasons-why-your-players-dont-care-about-your-setting
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Didnt you make this thread yesterday?

It's not unreasonable, but if your players obviously don't wanna play that, then it doesn't really make much sense to keep trying.

No, it's perfectly reasonable. You have the freedom to run whatever you want, as a DM. You should not, however, forget that your players have a freedom to play whatever you want, and you can not really force them to play the game you want them to play.

Those are not bad ideas in and of themselves, but your attitude and way of presenting players makes me suspect you might just be an asshole, possibly one with control issues.

pirategonzalezgames.com/piratesblog/2017/8/28/6-reasons-why-your-players-dont-care-about-your-setting

It’s perfectly reasonable.
Try to find players that fit your preferences.

They sign up for my shit and then they throw this shit on me

FUKKEN SAVED

I spent last week saying the exact same things in threads on Veeky Forums. Nice to see it all collected in one place.

OP: read these

Pitch the game you wish, but if players don't want it, they're not snowflakes. You just need to find a middle ground.

Tell me exactly what you told them

1920s bootleggers

That's incredibly vague and a very weak pitch.

Tell them that if they dont want to be in this sort of campaign then they should leave and if you want to (which I think you dont) you could organize a campaign of what those guys like with some of your original ideas, while running the campaign you originally wanted.

They probably have nobody else to GM for them and will sign up for anything.

We didn't tell him what he wanted to hear, so he's trying again. Notice how we said he was the asshole for trying to force his players to play a campaign they clearly weren't interested in, so now he's leaving them out entirely. Tomorrow he'll make something even more abstract and passive aggressive, like "Why is no one interested in realism anymore?"

Which was the thread for yesterday? "Didn't you make this thread yesterday" is a troll response to rant threads and no I didn't make whatever thread yesterday

A historical setting with no fantasy elements wouldn't be good for an RPG, every combat would just be human fighters vs human fighters.

I think it's assholish behavior too to join a game and then want to play something entirely different than what was advertised. If you want superpowers then find a supers game to join indtead.

That is your opinion and you are entitled to it. At least you aren't feigning interest just so you can later attempt to insert your fantasy snowflake shit in my game

>Snowflakes
>Historical realism
>Steampunk
You're complaining about literally the same shit, worded the same way, in a thread made around the same time of day. Don't even try to pretend that wasn't you

But it's equally assholish to see that none of your players are interested in what you want to run, forcing it on them anyway, and saying they're shit players when they don't have fun. And his players aren't the ones spamming these threads

You realize that watching humans fight humans is an entire sports industry of its own?

Oh that? I posted in someone else's "what should I run" thread and my exact words were to hijack the thread just so I don't spam the board with similar threads. It was a little different (I was looking for system recs) and I posted that 2 days ago in the evening I think. Also I don't remember mentioning historical realism. No one responded to my post but good eye that was totally me

He is talking about which is quite similar to your post

Depends on the setting

Oh ok that's totally not me
I'll be honest I learned to avoid "snowflakes" from Veeky Forums
Captcha agrees

No that's just foolish. Can't blame man for trying.

See that makes me think Call of Cthulhu

fuck off

It's not unreasonable to want such things, but people play games for escapism and fun, so they'll want certain things that you might not want

It's doable, but requires slightly more effort to make it fun,engaging, and interesting. You also need a system suited to that sort of system. For instance, running a pure historical campaign in any D&D-alike would be fucking awful and require a ton of homebrewing and ad-hocing to not be a total slog

If you run it, they will come!

Seriously, just be upfront about what sort of game you want to run, and people who are interested will join. I always advertise 3d6 in-order for character gen when I run D&D, and it weeds out the people who are in the game just to play their perfect super character. You would be shocked about the number of people who throw a fit when I just banned half-orcs; even if they didn't want to play a half orc. But people who can't stand any restriction on their choices make for poor group members.

If you want to run a semi-historical all human game just tell people that, and then run the game in a way that rewards sticking to the setting.

no u