/CofD/ & /wodg/ Chronicles of Darkness and World of Darkness General

Previous thread: >Pastebin:
pastebin.com/7HiVphFm
>News
kickstarter.com/projects/200664283/chronicles-of-darkness-dark-eras-2/posts/2018962
>This week's Monday Meeting Notes:
theonyxpath.com/a-little-island-in-a-sea-of-kickstarts-monday-meeting-notes/
>Question:
Is Carmila as important as Dracula?
>5th edition cliffnotes
pastebin.com/cp0r59da
>New Deviant preview
theonyxpath.com/one-of-a-kind-deviant-the-renegades/

Hey I'm already four for six. Nice. Yeah that sounds fleshed out enough to touch on just about everything, thank you

fagness, why do you keep making threads. sometimes dead is better.

>Is Carmila as important as Dracula?

Depends on how you feel about maladjusted gothopotomus women in their 30s.

Have you guys ever played a character with Fame?

I played a Mage once who used to be in a C-list boy band in the 90s and tried to keep that shit under wraps.

What are some white-room examples of mages getting killed 1v1? They can't win every foreseeable encounter.

Why? Its even less related to the game than going off about jews.

>They can't win every foreseeable encounter.
No, they can't.

But white room situations are so pointless that if you can't see any situation in which a non-combat Mage might be defeated by a dedicated assault by another Supernatural (or even a Sleeper), I see no reason to indulge you.

Has anyone taken a look at the new BNS alpha for Changeling the Dreaming? I'm not super invested in dreaming as a whole so at first glance it seems neat. Did anyone else have any complaints or concerns from the alpha? Or any silly broken edge cases to take advantage of? Or any info on how Prop works in combo with the Celerity, Potence, And Fortitude powers?

>non-combat Mage
>implying Mages even need to be combat oriented to win out

I hate you.

well, yes, they can. The only thing that can kill a mage is another mage or his own hubris, but even in that cases, a mage wins

Here we have a prime example of a magefag adept in the usage of magefag logic..

Fuck off, cunt.

There's enough breathing room in the lower tier of Mage power for another Supernatural to hold some chance of success in aggressive actions, without you faggots shitting up every goddamn general by automatically fellating yourselves over ludicrous combinations of Rotes, Exceptional Successes and Gnosis 3+ Mages

POWERCHORDS - Magic, Music & Urban Fantasy

Anyone know anything about this or have it in pdf for sharing so Phil can't pay rent?

So in CofD, what is actually the point of each gameline? Like, what are you likely to do in a given chronicle for each? And with some that sound like there's only really one overall chronicle structure, does that not feel a bit restrictive?

So like there's:
Vampire - ?
Werewolf - Fight spirits, protect the Gauntlet, fight the Pure
Mage - Uncover mysteries or something?
Promethean - Become a real boy (sounds most restrictive)
Changeling - I genuinely don't know beyond 'not get caught by a fae'
Hunter - Fight supernatural shit, Humanity Fuck Yeah
Geist - ?
Demon - Fight the God-Machine's plots (also sounds kinda restrictive)
Beast - Fuck off and die, hopefully
Deviant - The plot of X-Men Wolverine: Origins

Vampire is just about surviving in an insane world hiding under the surface

Vampire - Persist in unlife, tell yourself it's worth it, undead power struggles
Werewolf - Spiritual Border Control
Mage - Seek Mysteries, battle over the Fallen World, seek Ascension
Promethean - Complete your Great Work
Changeling - Enjoy your life, avoid going back to Arcadia, try to kill your Keeper
Hunter - Remove Threats
Geist - Enjoy your second shot at life, harmonise with your Geist, help ghost move on
Demon - Avoid getting grabbed by the God-Machine, and either try to run from it, fight it, or rejoin it on your own terms
Beast - Spook spookums
Deviant - Kill the bastards who made you

>Changeling
I always liked going on bizarre hedge adventures for weird ingredients to build other weird shit.

>Vampire - ?
Same as Masquerade. Get deep in Kindred business, backstab, scheme, be some older vampire's bitch boy, etc.

>Mage - Uncover mysteries or something?
Basically. Mage has its own political backdrop which you can engage in if you want, but the real meat of the game is investigating Mysteries, capital M. Which basically means anything supernaturally weird. And all that is happening in a Wizards' Cold War.

>Geist - ?
You and your Persona handle the dead and the Underworld.

You're retarded.
>in the end the hero slays the monster and there's a page that says the end, so all fantasy novels are the same
>isn't that restrictive

From what I've heard, there's a pretty unchanging series of steps a Promethean needs to undergo, for example. Just wondering how much variance there can be with that

It's not that restrictive. There's only two really required steps. Everything else is basically 'coming of age to become human but you're a frankenman'

In cWoD could Vicissitude be used to fix severed spinal cords and restore the use of limbs to the paralysed? Could it be used to reattach/regrow limbs?

Just upgrade them into something better than human.

Technically no, it's not in the rules.

Context behind that image? Why the blue eyes?

I don't think you can 'heal' with Vicissitude by RAW, I think you could /replace/ the broken parts though.

>'coming of age to become human but you're a frankenman'
The creator or the creation?

Doesn't simple ghoulification heal Kine back to peak health?

For everything else there's Obeah

Always remember kids, don't forget to diablerize your local Salubri,

Do you still have to create at least one promethean yourself or something? I never really got how prometheans justified that to themselves.

Thanks for the help. I thought a combination of the rank 3 and 2 powers would be enough to do it but since none of the books I've read stated you could do this kind of healing I wasn't sure. I may just allow it anyway; the Tzimisce is an NPC elder, and while I'm loathe to allow NPCs to break the rules, bending them this once for the story should be fine.

Aren't the Salubri super-duper rare and have some kind of kill-on-sight order to them?

>Aren't the Salubri super-duper rare and have some kind of kill-on-sight order to them?
Yep. That's why you never want to miss a chance to eat one! Thank your local Tremere chantry for that.

Probably just some chick being turned into a vampire. It probably isn't a WoD picture. See, the vampire girls have blue eyes already, and in the shadow on the left side of the human girl's neck there's another bite, where blue veins are spreading out and have reached her left eye (well, her right) and have turned it blue, because she's being turned into a vampire.

How solid are the rules for Demon: The Descent?

The setting sounds amazing, but I don't want to hop into it and find out during play that the rules are rubbish.

>Werewolf - Fight spirits, protect the Gauntlet, fight the Pure
More like you have to keep half a dozen problems under control in your territory from both sides of the Gauntlet, but murder is all you're good at and it isn't always the best option.

Should be pretty good. CofD has a good system and I haven't heard any complaints about Demon's rules.

Don't forget to check out the 'Interface' book for a few extra options for character building and pact making.

Are there any especial quirks you have with your games? Not like unique snowflake shit, but things you deliberately include and take care to put detail into. Like holidays, or any food, or even just long-winded descriptions of a character's appearance and clothing.

>when a chance dice rolls 3 10's in a row against your max human potential swordsman swinging 12 dice before defense is calculated and you nearly get knocked the fuck out by a joke enemy.

Fuck this system sometimes, I swear to Christ

They often lose in direct combat.
Winrates: Werewolf>Demon>Vampire>Mage.

Ech this might sound stupid but vampires in my games often have incenses and smelly flowers in their homes. Also they either chew gum, smoke or when they can get away with that use various drinks as mounthwash then spit them out.

My reasoning is that considering they are all functional addicts(or not so functional) with enchenced senses they would try to use whatever thing to get their minds of hunger

Chance dice don't explode.

>chance dice don't explode
Fuck me. I never knew that and I guess the GM didn't either.

Neither did I for the longest time. Thankfully it shuts down some incredibly unlikely bullshit.

Your last ditch chance can only slightly succeed.

In NWoD 1e they 10s on chance die did explode, its a change for the CofD for it not too, its not surprising people would miss it.

Your gm is bad and you need a new one.

>If your pool drops below one die, you instead roll a single chance die. The chance die only counts as a success if you roll
>a 10, which you do not reroll. Any other result is a failure. If you roll a 1 on the chance die, your character suffers a
>dramatic failure.

Is anime a good medium for world of darkness?

Or you gm is right and your just a unlucky faggot. 1e says:

>Roll a single die, but you only succeed on a result of 10. (You still re-roll 10’s for extra successes, >as per the “10 again” rule.) There is, however, a chance of calamity.
>If you roll a 1 on your first die, your character suffers a “dramatic failure,” a disastrous setback.

No, fuck off.

....considering WoD is literally anime, sure.

You can say that about literally anything.

Speed>anything: Check
Dex overpowered: Check
Katanas best melee weapon: Check
PCs ridiculously difficult to kill compared to everythign else: Check
PCs prone to psychotic episodes to gain sanity back: Check
Edgy Tryhard 'goodguys': Check
Super Suave Badguys whose combat defaults to either overpowered magic or Brutal-fu combat: Check

Sorry, WoD is the most anime system. Including BESM.

Claro que si!
After his father is transferred away for work, Koutarou must find a cheap place to live by himself while attending high school. He thinks that he's found just the place: Room 106 at Corona House. It's a small apartment, but it's only 5,000 yen a month rent, which is an impossibly cheap price! Add in the fact that he has a beautiful landlady and he thinks that he has it made- at least until he starts to get some unexpected visitors.

One night Koutarou is visited by various girls, including a ghost named Sanae, a magical girl named Yurika, a girl who lives underground named Kiriha, and a princess from outer space named Theiamillis. All four of them claim that they need to have his apartment for their own reasons and thus need him to leave immediately. But he's not willing to give up his cheap apartment without a fight!

Excellent hook for crossover.

No. It's clearly terrible 90s punk.

We need homebrews for pantsu shot, overdrive and noise bleed syndrome.

>terrible 90s punk
Only early editions (1st&2nd). Revised and New World of Darkness = ANIME.

Unless they have some permanent Honing the Form effects or other buffs going on.

The Umbral colonies from 2e in mage were pretty anime. And then like, all of dreaming is anime, including the small children sex fetishes.

>permanent Honing the Form effects or other buffs
Even with.

New is closer to Dresden- stereotypical urban fantasy.

Any edition of Old is quite evidently 90s pulp.
Anime isn't exclusive to its tropes.

How much did forsaken and leeches get buffed? They were pretty pathetic in 1st edition.

Not enough to beat mages so who the fuck cares.

#magesupremacy

Dreaming reminds me more of poorly done 80s b-movie fantasy than anime.

Excuse me, how the fuck you expect Vampires and Werewolves win over Mages, if former don't have a reliable and constant way to inflict aggravated damage, while Mages do?

Everyone forgets Mummy

So does OPP. They haven't even announced a 2nd edition.

They announced it at Gec Con I think it was actually.

>PCs ridiculously difficult to kill compared to everything else

Clearly not Hunter players

He's a mong. Ignore the imbecile.

Mages worth their salt won't waste the time and effort to dish out Aggravated damage. They end things then and there.

Why hurl a boulder of silver at a werewolf when you can just mentally molest it to submit?

>Kinetic shield>Mage>Demon>Mummy>Werewolf>Vampire

fixed for you

Kinetic shield is good for protection from muggles, but that's it. Everything what is worth your attention won't use physical means to damage you.

You need to rethink your life if you think kinetic shield is only good vs muggles.

Negating 90% of shit that can hurt you is fucking good. You can deal with the other 10% with the other arcana.

Woofs only claw things so that is 100% protection.

Poor dumb doggos

Okay, let's think. Kinetic shield won't protect you from:
- other Awakened magic;
- Disciplines, Gifts, and other Fallen magic;
- Numina of spirits, ghosts, goetia and other supernatural creatures;
- Abyssal fuckery with laws of nature;
- environmental damage from strange places like Place Between, aggressive Emanations, ruins of Time Before and alike.

In my games, that constitutes more than 90% of damage. So for my mages, Kinetic Shield is just the way to outright ignore muggles, like they did even without it, because they are non-threat.

>what is wards & signs + prime mage armor
>what is ghost shield
>what is ephemeral shield
>what is enviromental shield

Not kinetic shield.

Not kinetic shield, all of these? Also, Clash of Wills, in all of these cases. * Shield protect without roll only from mundane damage, everything else is rolling.

Your both missing the point you fucking mongs.

It was bait for the woof fag

Woofs just suck. All this "unstoppable rage" theme, only to be stopped by apperentice-level spell which could be casted by starting level character.

The point being that you're an idiot?

You're a mong, you mong.

>you're an idiot?
Nope he magefag. Oh it's synonym.

>Woofs only claw things so that is 100% protection.

That's very mean and entirely unfair. Woof employe diverse combat tactics. They also bite stuff...

You all just need to accept that muggles aren't a threat to mages. Nuisance - yes, pawns - yes, acceptable losses - yes, means to the feint maneuver - yes. But not a threat. Even if you crank up a Paradox to make it a legitimate threat (like I do), it still doesn't make muggles a threat. And yes, "muggles" does include a purely Fallen supernatural creatures like leeches and woofs. Want to make them a threat? Give them a Supernal or Abyssal origin and responding powers.

Btw, woofs bite does count as supernatural attack - p. 98 "Predator's Jaws". Should it trigger a Clash of Wills?

Doesn't it only count as magic to things with a weakness to it? So not mages? The text is worded very oddly.

Worst One-Liner your PC has ever said out loud?

"Fuck you, you fucking fuck!"

B-but user! That's a great one-liner!

Really? I always thought that "fucking" destroyed the beautiful symmetry.

It adds emotional pathos, the character is clearly too emotional to be elegant.
And plain f-clusterbomb bombardment is hilarious which is plus.

You're not right, as [ractice shows.

Mechanic for Scourge Slashers: Anticipation. Rating from 0 to 5. Rating goes up after Scourge has gone for Resolve number of days without killing. Rating zeroes whenever Slasher successfully takes a life.
Drawback: Scourge's Reaper Talent suffers penalty equal to Anticipation rating representing irritation and impatience.
Bonus: Scourge's Scourge Talents add Anticipation rating to their dicepool.

Aren't werewolves supposed to be the best 1v1 combatants as per their theme?

Yeah, because Werewolves totally don't have an entire mechanic about fighting in a pack or anything.

Dude, give it a rest. None of us are even interested in looking for a copy, let alone paying for one. Shitting on Phil Brucatto is an Olympic sport in here.

The Revised edition had Salubri Antitribu showing up amongst the Sabbat - essentially they were the Warrior Caste Salubri from the Dark Ages setting, back to fuck the Camarilla's shit up.