A bunch of tripods piloted by Grell show up in the campaign you are currently playing

>A bunch of tripods piloted by Grell show up in the campaign you are currently playing

How does it go down Veeky Forums? Do you go all Thunder Child on their asses, or is there no hope for man?I

There were ships of shapes and sizes

SCATTERED OUT ALONG THE BAY

We're already fighting eldritch horrors from beyond the stars with the help of an inter-dimensional tree. Our Thunderchild has plasma cannons

Well it's medieval fantasy, so we're fucked until they catch one of the 1 gorillion diseases we all have. Then the elves claim it was their plan all along

Can't we just wait a week or two and have them die from natural causes?

>the campaign you are currently playing
>Classic World of Darkness

This would be a hilarious genre shift.

>Grell
>Dying of diseases from a world they live on

Learn to reading comprehension boys, those UUUH-LAAAHS aren't going anywhere.

isn't that explicitly what happens in WoW though?

Is that fucker at the foot of the walker dabbing?

Yes, but those were Martians. These are Grell, likely from the Underdark/Khyber.

We will have to nuke the underground. It's the only way to be sure.

You've never read the book, have you?

AND I THOUGHT I HEARD HER CALLING

Eh, the Vidya where if you win as the filthy xenos martians shows Hoomans build a combat capable resistance

I read the book, I have no idea what 'grell' are. Is this shit added later?

>Ayy the lmaos are here
>BETTER DAB ON EM

I have the big stupid embossed classics edition on my shelf next to Conan Doyle. Your move, elitist.

>AS THE STEAMER PULLED AWAY

Grell are a tentacled mollusc race from D&D. I assume OP is using them because they are not aliens, therefore, the ending of the book doesn't apply. Grell are weak ass monsters though. I feel like if you could bring down the tripods they'd go down like bitches.

THE INVADERS MUST HAVE SEEN THEM

CAUSE ACROSS THE COAST THEY FILED

Standing firm between them

There lay Thunder Child.

Near future magi-tech filled setting that advanced from a traditional fantasy setting. People like the PCs are the descendants of gods making them low to middle tier super humans. The tripods and their lasers would be considered decent military tech, but nothing super special, and without air support would be destroyed by modern militaries. The invasion would be an interesting event brought up on the evening news, but probably wouldn't amount to much of anything except in the 3rd world shithole countries.

Pop quiz hot shots: best looking machine from the Jeff Waynes War of the Worlds game?

wow that's cool tier
>scout machine
>bombardment machine
>flying machine

low tier
>everything else

I feel like tripods were a bad idea from a motive standpoint.

Despite just being a musical/rock opera, Jeff Wayne's version is surprisingly developed. All quiet on the Martian front is also good.

On a side note why isn't there a developed War of the Worlds rpg?

It's alright. The martians are here to help

You could just use savage worlds. Seems like it would work well for that.

>On a side note why isn't there a developed War of the Worlds rpg?

It's bizarre. I've always thought it would be a good add on for Call of Cthulhu.

Because for humans, the Martians are a Lovecraftian nightmare. And for the Martians, EARTH is a Lovecraftian nightmare.

Don't know what that system's like.

Thanks for the suggestion tho

Lots of crazy criticals. But the monster creation rules are easy and fun and the pulp feel matches HG Wells.

>currently playing heavily modified game based loosely on stealing the fun parts from Destiny's setting
Another day another alien invasion.

>Tfw you're so autistic that any illustration not matching your head canon for your novel makes you REEEE so hard you rewrite entire sections to shit all over the illustrator

I strive to be as petty as Wells

>tfw he played with toy soldiers in elaborate strategy games

ONE OF US

>Well it's medieval fantasy, so we're fucked
In the story one tripod gets utterly pwnd by ramming a ship in to it.
This world has magic.

Already been done in Call of Cthulhu.

I always thought that was funny.

>Come to human planet, burn puny humans
>Hey what's that big iron thing
>AW FUCK MY LEG
>KILL HIM JIMMY

RIP H.M.S. Thunder Child, the only HFY that wasn't shit. The crew knew they were on a suicide run and did it anyways to protect the fleeing civilians. The downed tripod was a bonus.