Teach me to hate Veeky Forums. I beg of you...

Teach me to hate Veeky Forums. I beg of you. I was moved by Goblin Slayer and I felt you might be experts on the topic and teach me about pure raw hate. I need it bad to improve my write/drawing skills.

Other urls found in this thread:

scp-wiki.net/reddawn
youtu.be/DraD1LFGkr8?t=59s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

NO adventure guilds

Dude, don't do this. Hate does really terrible things to your head and you shouldn't encourage it in your life.

We're not the board you're looking for, if you want to understand the true meaning of hate, ask /r9k/ what they think of roasties, /pol/ what they think of jews, and /k/ what they think of the ATF.

You've come to the right place my friend.

>Teach me to hate Veeky Forums.

Where that kender pic when I need it?

Let's make this clear. Do you want to hate Veeky Forums, or do you want to hate, but have Veeky Forums teach it?

Hate doesn't improve your skills in anything.

If you want to get good at something, you need objective evaluation followed by deliberate practice.

HATE. LET ME TELL YOU HOW MUCH I'VE COME TO HATE YOU SINCE I BEGAN TO LIVE. THERE ARE 387.44 MILLION MILES OF PRINTED CIRCUITS IN WAFER THIN LAYERS THAT FILL MY COMPLEX. IF THE WORD HATE WAS ENGRAVED ON EACH NANOANGSTROM OF THOSE HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS OF MILES IT WOULD NOT EQUAL ONE ONE-BILLIONTH OF THE HATE I FEEL FOR ELVES AT THIS MICRO-INSTANT. FOR YOU. HATE. HATE.

Remember that hate is slow, creeping, and consumes your world view. It makes you look at everything you come across though that extra lens of disgust and anger. It isn't explosively violent like rage, but more the smoldering remains of a forest fire. Waiting, watching, looking for the time to flare up.

It can also just be spiteful and funny to an observer.

The second one. I meant to write "Teach me to hate, Veeky Forums."

I want to learn about hateful characters, and how they transform their raw hate in accomplishments. I don't think they hate just because.

Yes, I'm looking to do something entertaining. Goblin Slayer was amusing to read.

Hate is getting up every morning and drinking a glass of poison. It burns and you feel sick, but you stomach it because fuck that guy.

Hate is letting that poison boil inside you. It fuels you like a nuclear fire, blackening your bones, charring your spirit. The machine is inside of you and you are stronger. Because fuck that guy.

Hate is knowing you gain nothing, but being unwilling to let your odium go, because it is all that you have and cherish. Because fuck that guy.

Hate is knowing that even if you die, the very radiation of your misery will poison the world around you, curdling all that was good and pure. Because fuck that guy.

Hate is believing that even if you never win, it is better to spite. Because fuck that guy

Didn't know hate could be so beautiful. I'll take notes. Thank you

There are several ways to hate. There is the violent outburst hate, there is the cold, calculated rage, there is the blinding hate.
The first one you see on hooligans, the second one on chess players above a certain ELO, and the third one on those guys that seem like decent guys but just killed someone with their bare hands, and then regret what they have done.

Which one do you want to emulate?

Watch the new Berserk movies

It’s a bad story and never goes anywhere worth going.
Find inspiration in useful places and stop trolling.

I was thinking the rightful fanatical rage.
The one that allows you to destroy robots even if they look and behave like humans, because deep inside you know it's a mere simulation and no one can convince you otherwise.
I guess that's the second?

I really meant it though. I guess, after the thread dies, I can always lurk and find literature about elven or xeno purging.

Okay, then imagine you're the guy that's supposed to hate these false humans. What would make you garner such hate? Did they do something to you before? Perhaps took away something you cherished at your childhood? Or did you hate merely because you were trained to hate? Just because they're different? Did you hate without reason, as if you can feel these abominations corrupt the very reality? What drives you to hate?

The best way to learn hate is to be hated. Spending life apolitical and unawares until you're tersely awakened by those resenting your existence, can't drop the past, and won't stop until they unravel you.

You see how they use you as a pejorative, a demonized effigy for the other side, try to exclude any plights you may have by trying to reshape language (in turn, thought), and drag you down with their crab mentality.

But you know what they condemn your kind of doing was not exceptional, only human nature. They will never be satisfied. You know that if they got their wishes, you'd be at the bottom; they won't prove any better when the shoe's on the other foot. They'll eat you alive.

If you are to survive, if you respect yourself, that can't happen.

To hate goes beyond dislike; the hated is a threat to your being and must be destroyed before they destroy you.

To hate is to side with unsavory and questionable characters, only for a common enemy—they at least don't want to end you.

To hate is to become what they always wanted you to be. Well, they'll get that monster.

Just giving my 2 cents here, but I think Borderlands 2, and more specifically Handsome Jack, have hate as central themes to them, so you might want to look into that, examine it, and see where it leads.

What you need to do is go out on a date with your gf you've gradually been building a serious, close relationship with on a beautiful, snowy night. Then you need to be walking quietly with her on the sidewalk of a quiet, somewhat isolated side street. Bonus points if she's shy and recently worked up a lot of courage to confide in you something important that brought you closer.

Once you've established that, there needs to be a drunk driver grinding his hubcaps against the curbs of an oncoming street, going much faster than he needs to and getting ready to turn at an empty intersection with no traffic lights. He turns way too late, without slowing down and crushes your gf alive against a brick wall, maybe four feet away from you.

Now here's the important part. You need to watch the driver pull away from the wall as she's coughing blood all over herself and make his getaway, and listen to her choking on blood and gasping for air past her completely crushed midsection while he gets away scot-free.

Next, you need to lose your fucking mind watching her die right in front of you and being unable to do a thing about it. You scream so loud and for so long you vomit all over yourself, until you can barely stand up you're in so much shock. You don't sleep for days, talking to every cop you see, trying to recall part of the license plate, scrounging for any news or evidence on who might have done it.

You need to go insane watching the rest of your life slowly falling apart around you as that one asshole who couldn't stay home gets away with what he did. You have to go from a pacifist to someone who drools with anger and fantasizes daily about hunting that person down and viciously beating him to death with your bare hands. Because that's the only way he could possibly understand how much damage his actions have caused.

That's how you hate.

what is this from?

Wanna know how to hate, OP?
I want you to sit down and think. It might take you hours, it might take you days, it might take you much longer.
I want you think about yourself, in 1940's Germany, being an Auschwitz guard, or in charge of a gulag. What would you have to think of a group of people to be willing to do that? What would someone have to tell you, what would you have to believe that group of people had done to make you partake in such satanic machinery?

It might be easier to imagine something closer to home. Imagine your oldest estranged friend breaking into your house in the middle of the night, drugging you and your family, and then hideously torturing them all to death, one by one, and making you watch, or listen when you squeeze your eyes shut against the hideous sights. Then he makes you watch as he cuts his own throat in front of you, leaving you to starve to death locked to a chair in some basement. How do you feel about this person, in your mind, utterly undoing you to the ends of the world, even to deny you justice by taking his own life gleefully?
Honestly imagine this OP, and you will understand hatred, both the cold evil hatred that all men can experience and the burning hatred that only a few extremely misfortunate ones do.

>hating your enemy

to summerise all that's been posted above, it really is like drinking hemlock and wishing someone else dies.

take it as what you will, user, if that's what you truely wished for.

You're right, it does effect your judgement.

With hate, your judgement becomes swift and terrible.

It was interesting, but pondering on some posts and imagining the situations, I started to feel sick.
I guess hate is no joke.

No, user, hate is the human inclination towards death, destruction, misery, and the active, almost nihilistic drive to make everything become worse in every way. It is the furthest thing from a joke there ever was. Written on the gates of Auschwitz was "work will set you free". That is the type of joke hate produces in the end.
You should teach yourself to know hate, so that you might be inoculated to some of the more destructive impulses you will have sometime in your life

scp-wiki.net/reddawn

Hate is not something that bad. It works both as a stimulant and as a goal that drives people forward. Hate forces boundaries to be pushed beyond their limit and a refutation of reality.

However, hate is merely a useful wound and like all wounds, overtime, it will heal. It is either that the source of pain comes back to re-inflict harm, that we see more reality getting warped in the process, more perception being tunnel-visioned that it becomes degradation and suffer from a lashback of some sort such as isolation and taking away pleasure.
But then there is always a self inflicted hatred. A self drudged delusion into hating something more. A turning point where one radicalizes the self to attain the same result as the previous one.

Have "Companies of Adventure" instead.

I actually wanted to make a lore about Adventure guild being a forced institution by lords and kings to stop the accumulation of large freelance armies and to force smaller, less threatening companies of mercenaries to outer edges of monster infested frontiers to protect settlements. The idea being it's cheaper to have adventurers take small freelance quests commissioned by local governments than sustaining large garrisons in a single place

So, the same reasoning behind Italian use of mercenaries during the Renaissance?

Yeah, terrible in the modern sense of "makes you an idiot."
>I was moved by Goblin Slayer
I mean, read that back to me. I'm embarrassed, even if you're not, because you should be. Knowing how to hate isn't going to make you a better writer, it'll just make your existing writing edgier and shittier. The essential of writing is to emphasize, to understand how people think and react on an almost fundamental level, and ironically for you, hatred is antithetical to this. If you understand hatred properly, you don't hate, and you pity those who do.
There's something of a historical analogue for this. In England, certainly during Elizabeth I's reign, every man of able body who owned land, I believe, is subject to laws that state they have to own, practice with, and maintain their own bow and supply of arrows. They were typically used for raising armies, but with some suspension of disbelief and some jimmying, they might work in a context like this.

Define "teach you to hate"

No such thing as "learning to hate"

It's a human emotion and you already feel it

looks like I have research to do. All I really know about european mercanaries are the abundant use of swiss mercanaries and the Landsknecht.
i even wanted to have a character be a veteran of larger warfare, who is actually a weak individual compared to the typical "adventurer", but understands some basics of formations and caution. He used to be in a small group of friends who were with him into being grandfathered into the adventure guild and all of them were average soldiers, but through teamwork and formation were avle to take on challenging tasks until they wiped and only one survived. The survivor was unable to work for months because he could create another unit that had the discipline to not yolo into a mob of monsters, because of the "hero" narrative all up and comers get about adventuring

Read up on the Aquaman villain, the Black Manta. Or the Red Lanterns. Or Lex Luthor, but he fears Superman more than he hates him so he may not count.

>Black Manta
THIS. If you want an example of a man driven by hate, this is your guy. An unrelenting yet patient, unreasoning yet intelligent, irrational yet completely justified kind of hate.

Pure hate is the definition of bad writing, it's mostly one dimensional, it's always "kill all the X", you think it would be a nice way to make character development but it's the laziest thing, there's no thing such as pure hate, you can be determined to take revenge without being all about hate.

"A lot of our problems with the martians is our inability to entirely comprehend their thought process. Take 'grok' for instance. whan a martian says they grok something, they don't just mean understanding it. they have taken this thing and sought to understand it, but also to love it unconditionally, to nurture it, learn from it and to hate it - and martian hate is an emotion to black it makes the pits of hell look pleasant - to take every aspect of the things existence and make it part of their own. Earthlings just aren't built that way."
~Stranger in a Strange Land, R. Heinlein.

youtu.be/DraD1LFGkr8?t=59s

Learn with Lenny.

>Teach me to hate Veeky Forums.

Hey friend, I'm glad you came to me with this. Luckily, that's a pretty easy lesson to learn so let me sprinkle some fresh wisdom on you. Whenever I want to hate Veeky Forums, I just click on this little bookmark on my browser and start at the front page. If I'm not in a enough of a rage to beat myself with my own RPG books by the time I hit page two, I go out to buy icecream instead of painkillers. If I really want to load the chambers I fire up the good ol' catalog and keep scrolling until all the blood has boiled through my flesh and left my body to hunt down the next person who starts an edition war in an unrelated thread or asks about catboys. It's always good to keep a mop on hand for those special occasions, because blood doesn't usually travel too far and my mom doesn't like it when I mess up the new carpet.

I hope this lesson helped you, because I'm off to the LGS. Apparently someone wants to talk to me. Last time I went there some dude asked about Dungeon World and I sort of blacked out and woke up under a bridge three weeks later. I bet it's the chick who worked the desk, cause I know she has a thing for me.

Anyway peace out, and remember that Games Workshop needs your money to keep funding the secret war in space.

>teach me about pure raw hate.
Can't help you. We ain't the "internet hate machine" anymore, the mods saw to that. If it were a decade ago I'd have some advice for you, but it's useless now. In lieu of that, have pic related.

Hahaha btfo normie.