Centaurs are criminally underused

Centaurs are criminally underused.

I heard horse meat taste good...

I think I found the reason it's underused. Fucking fetishists ruining a good race for the rest of us.

>tramp stamp on a centaur
Now that's just weird.

Not as weird as a shirt on a centaur, honestly.

fucking hate centaurs, shitty culture shitty music and ruin any neighborhood they live in. only thing worse is goblins. at least centaurs don't steal everything that isn't nailed down.

have you ever eaten horse meat? like I'm not being a furfaggot here, I'm talking about actual meat from horses to be eaten. shit is lean as fuck and makes damn good chili/stew

At least centaurs are a good lay

it's like having a tramp stamp and a neck tat at the same time, twice as trashy

>Not wearing pants.
I see why they are underused; won't fit in with the rest of the civilized world.

ya if you like horse ticks

N-not all centaurs are trashy

>Fucking fetishists ruining a good race for the rest of us.

user pls...

Sadly people in the US only know that horses are only good for making glue. Myself included.

>eating meat
>making glue
Lewd.

They don't really fit in to dungeons and wilderness encounters put them on plains. The only place centaurs could work for me is a weird fey thing with Greek undertones like something out of Fantasia. Then make it a tad fucked up.

>tits out
>not trashy
HMMMM

They're cute tits.

people on horses.

Centaurs are pretty poorly designed and tend to be ill suited anywhere but open plains where you'd normally see wild horses.

Also pic related.

>Offer a huge amount of logistical problems you need to work to overcome, both when creating challenges for Pcs, and when building the world as a whole.
>All this extra work for a race that only appeals to fetishists
If anything they're overused. Centaurs are too much work for no payoff.

>Centaurs are criminally underused.
Yes cause they're such a shitty idea to begin with. Hurr durr muh togas muh gyros lets put a human body where the horse head starts oh yeah lets be complete retards and put a mans top on a goats legs we're sooo creative muh early democracy.

God centaurs are so fucking horrid of an idea and It makes me accept that if greece was lost with everything in it, if it removed that shit I would be happy with the sacrifice.

No, they just rape anything they can see and spend all their money on booze.

Ok, that's hilarious.

I use them!

Delete that RIGHT NOW

k

ty

Well there's the aforementioned fetishists out there hellbent on ruining everything.

There's also the fact that they raise a lot of questions. Like what's the point of them? How did they come to be? Magic? Created as a sick joke by some cruel god? Horse + human = a realm we don't want to get into here?

In any sort of low fantasy setting they just don't fit because they're so hard to explain from a background perspective.

Just because a setting is low fantasy doesn't mean there can't be any magic, all the world needs for centaurs to exist is a deity with no sense of right and wrong.

Why do things have to have a "point"?

Also if we start with the Greeks then the answer is that an outcast loner had sex with a bunch of mares. If its good enough for the Greeks its good enough for you.

>Why do things have to have a "point"?
It's generally considered to be a rule of good writing that you keep things at least somewhat lean.

I think I found the worst post on Veeky Forums right now.

Real question here: What is the evolutionary line of centaurs?

Most creatures on this planet are 4-limbed with a tail and head. Centaurs are 6-limbed with a head and tail.

I think they aren't even on the same evolutionary tract as everything else. I bet they're some hyper-evolved flatworm species with an evolutionary trait that allows them to mimic multiple species at once in order to entice them into mating. Then they lay their eggs in them.

Yes, I'm saying centaurs aren't "real" but they're a parasitic predator taking advantage of the male mammalian tendancy to fuck anything that resembles decent vag.

/xtg/

I'm not saying that I like this idea, but I'm stealing parts of it as we speak.

>fucking fetishists ruining a good race
I wonder how many rich pricks said the same thing at their side line seats about the jockies.

>bdsm
>midgets riding
>intense horse play
>breeding program

And my favorite fetish...

>ridiculous names spoken quickly in relation to other ridiculous names

>turk detected

Something something creature that parasitically attaches victims to its body to form the humanoid portion of the centaur

Parasites that are incredibly obvious doesn't tend to survive long.

?
Greek centaurs are the results of a demi god impregnating a mortal.
And it's a setting where Zeus(and others) transformed himself and everyone he came across before fucking, so you bet the offsprings are gonna have a few unsual traits.

OP posted it centaurs a shit.

This is so weird... it's like 50's family style but a centaur... and boobs... I don't know what to make of it.

Norman Rockwell meets D&D? How odd.

>Centaurs are criminally underused.

I agree and have always really enjoyed using Centaurs as sort of 'soft' antagonist/rival to Humans: they've arguably fought with and against one another the most and despite their differences they've taught and take after one another way more than either side would ever care to admit, but whenever there's trouble from outside forces they'll always loyally help one another.

On that note I have no fucking idea why so many settings put Centaurs in the fucking woods and have them be 'friends of elves', it makes absolutely no god damn sense: they're literally half horse, half human, nothing about a Centaur should be graceful, dignified, or relatable or cohesive to elven society.. Also horses don't live innawoods.

But worm-ish things of a divergent evolution from the paleozoic era trying to pass off as human-horses through mimesis. They only get along with elves because elves don't mind having leeches squirming around in their pants... Unless Elves are actually a symbiotic parallel evolution of mimetic worm designed to smooth over social relations between the predator and prey animals.

But they just can't get it just right so "fuck the elves"

Everything is intelligent worms.

It's true I have never seen them in a game as a player race or really at all, as best as I can remember. But my next campaign will be based on the Greco-Roman world, so I will be using them. There are four girls in my group, so, I am assuming I will have four centaur PCs.

Biggest issue is their size. If they were halflings stuck on top of deer or dogs, that's one thing, but a full-size human torso and head on top of a full-sized horse body is so large and cumbersome that it's a liability in most adventuring conditions.

Comes from the whole "wild" aspect of Centaurs, they stand between the beasts and civilised people in myth after all.

And translated to the kind of place most fantasy writers live the woods are what you have.

>Chaotic faggot
Straight into hellfire you go shitbag

GLUE.
FACTORY.
It's actually a barn filled with capitalist monster girl fans.

I wonder what fantasy Animal Farm would be like.

Oh it's not so bad. It could be the cloppers.

>Four legs good, two legs baaaaaaaddddd.

Explain me this: after the man part finishes digesting his food his shit passes in the horse part and gets digested once more?

Does this imply that centaurs are cows and not horses? cudtaurs

There probably isn't a stomach in the human-part. I'd guess it's just lungs.

Ever since GW2, I never want to see another centaur again.

Lungs and heart, duh

Why would the heart be in the upper body?

Elves are just a tall human, if anything Centaurs are more qualified to be nature hippies

>Get 4 female Minotaur PCs instead
How would you feel about that?

>urban fantasy
ugh

So Veeky Forums how do you like your centaurs...
Violent drunks or noble sages.

There's room for both.

Fine, but that won't happen.

>Ugh
BBEG

>>Both

They got a weird form. Too animal to be humanoid, too human to be beasts. I would add centaurs but I find it hard to put them in a lot of situations where even an orc or a satyr would fit, while I feel it's a waste to use them as wild beasts.

>have you ever eaten horse meat?
I live just south of Mongolia and travel up there sometimes.

Yeah, there are horse steak restaurants in Ulaanbaatar. I also spent a night on the train drinking vodka and eating roast horse with some mongolian guys. Honestly, it takes very little to make mongolians sit around and eat horse and drink vodka with you, just being there is about enough.

It's pretty good desu, pretty similar to beef I think.

Based fish-guidebook author

Well, horses are so big because humans made them. Wild horses (not feral) are relatively pretty small so maybe centaurs, while taller than men, aren't so massive.

What are Mongols like in the modern era? You don't hear much about them outside of the days where the fucked up the Chinese.

Wouldn't the heart need to be massive otherwise?

Not him but the same but they got trucks, motorbikes and a communist past.

It's going to need to be huge anyway, and there's more space in the lower body.

>Fucking fetishists ruining a good race for the rest of us.
>says the faggot who wants his special rape-race

D&D didn't invent centaurs, you know.

Centaurs exists all because Zeus wanted to know what it's like to both fuck the horse and be the horse.

What was there?

No, he transformed a clound into a Hera lookalike, so he wouldn't be cucked by I-can't-remember-his name; the son of ICRHN and the transformed cloud was a half-god that fucked some mortals princesses and birthed the centaur race in the process.

I find they work best as...y'know, NOTMongols.

>Thread about centaurs
>Posts deer-girl pin-up

I don't even know who you are anymore user.

Was Zeus ourguy? He sounds like he'd fit in around here

>Was Zeus ourguy? He sounds like he'd fit in around here
Holy fuck no.

Noice

That's a horse that has had it's tail brushed and trimmed (or possibly put up with hair pins). It's not a deer, do you even know what horses and deer look like?

"That's" referring to the lower half of the fantasy beast, specifically.

And they say we nerds invented the magical realm

Zeus actually gets pussy

Drunk sages.

Same as always really. Currently being ethnically replaced by han chinese insectoids

>Also if we start with the Greeks then the answer is that an outcast loner had sex with a bunch of mares
We're talking about Greece, he probably wasn't THAT much of an outcast.

Depends on the Sobriety

Greece was full of assholes and hypocrites.
The moral of the story is "It's cool if someone with a lot of influence and power does it, not if Johnny Whogivsafuck does though...also EW girls."

I have Centaurs in my setting. Specifically it began with a tribe of humans that accidentally killed the steed of one of the Gods and was going to all be changed into horses by another god in turn for being greedy dicks, but the steed's owner told her to chill out and leave em halfway as a reminder of how shitty they were.

that's not hypocrisy. Greek society wasn't egalitarian at all, so "Know your place" is a valid moral for them.
Also Zeus is a patriarcal god, and it was expected of the family's patriach to put his dick in every female that he came across.