/40kg/ Warhammer 40,000 General

Ork Edition

>White Dwarf preview. Tyranid stuff mentioned, Necromunda stuff.
warhammer-community.com/2017/10/27/november-white-dwarf-preview-welcome-to-the-underhive-oct-27gw-homepage-post-4/

>Daily Duncan Playlist
youtube.com/watch?v=HsGRsDe3iRw[Open]

>GW FAQ (1.1):
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata#40k-errata

>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XUhVCoTsBaM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>really want Dark Apostle for my army
>look him up
>finec*st
Shit, what do

Are asscan termies any good? I've got a couple to paint up, and I don't want to if I can paint some other dudes that'll see action

You guys planning any games for Saturday?

Got my Megabosses ready to lead my waaagh in a big 2v2

All the old Carnifex Biomorphs are confirmed back

What rules do you want to see on them?

I plan on swinging by my LGS. I haven't fielded my marines since early 7th ed, and I've been itching to pull off a hammer and anvil again.

Going into my club, might go for a tiebreaker against the Raven Guard guy. I'm 1-1 against him with my Black Templars. He's getting off turn 1 charges against me with the stratagem, so I'm bringing conscripts to bubblewrap my important stuff in.

order from chinaman, at least it will be made better

Are Eldar WASP Walker's worth while for their cost over Warwalkers? Deepstrike is pretty nice, though with the range generally you have IDK. But moving to fast attack frees up heavy support for something else, maybe some fire prisms.

Be a man and learn to love the greenstuff

>Eldar codex makes things cheaper and guts options.
>Nids getting at a minimum 9 new weapon options on a single unit alone.
If nids get crazy price reductions like eldar i'm already seeing them be the new tier 0 faction.

does anyone have a map of what got rekt by the rift? I want to know if my sept made it out or if I need to add some more battle scars to them

You could try kitbashing. The Dark angels veterans with the robes work really well for a body.

Not a bad idea, I will consider this

Most units won't get as many options as the Carnifex. Carnifexes just still have all these things in the kit.

Tyranids ARE, if hints and indications from playtesters are to be believed, getting a ton of price reductions though. The Haruspex in particular was mentioned by name as getting a big one.

>enhanced senses
Reroll charges
>tusks
More attacks
>bioplasma
D6 shots auto hit
>Regenerate
Regain d3 wound each morale phase on a 5+
>acid maw
Increased damage
>spine bank's
D6 shots when taking a wound in combat. Only once per phase

>eldar codex guts options

Options that weren't on the sprue. No plastic no rules.

Thanks to Cruddace the Carnifex had options on the sprue that went without rules for a decade, despite having rules when the kit were first released.

so, preheresy TS into chaos soup user from last thread here.

What are good things to do chaos soup with?
was thinking of doing alpha legion with lots of slannesh shooters for double tapping. is that decent or is alpha legion into berserkers the only thing worth doing with them?

>regenerate
>d3
>implying
It's going to be on a 6, regen 1. There's no fucking way they are gonna allow for d3 regen

What is their endgame?

At this point Ive scoured almost all the info from the Eldar dex and just need the info on how Autarch loadouts work, to see what is and isnt legal

d3 wounds is typical for big unit healing

Win

Look at the models available on GWs website for Autarchs.

They come with exactly those items period, no options, no weapon swaps.

Take all the blood and put it in a big pool. Take all the skulls and build a big throne. Repeat.

Will they ever reveal what their purpose is?

Already revealed. They steward against Chaos.

Why did commanders with assloads of options go away? I remember the second thing I bought was that Space Marine Commander pack with the huge array of options and the backpack with the eagle exhaust vents. Now we're getting single loadout clamshells...

>cant give my skyrunner a Fusion Gun or Reaper Launcher

but why tho

does she even get to keep her Banshee Mask

enhanced senses was +1 BS, until the dark times of 5th edition. Pretty sure it'll be a shooting buff, not melee

I mean you can, they are Index options, but they won't be in the codex.

None of these make sense, where the fuck have you been.

>>enhanced senses
>Reroll charges
It's a shooting bonus retard.

>>tusks
>More attacks
It'll buff Living Battering Ram

>>bioplasma
>D6 shots auto hit
We already have the statline for bio-plasma, and it doesn't auto-hit. What the fuck are you doing nigger.

>>Regenerate
>Regain d3 wound each morale phase on a 5+
Why would it be on the Morale phase??

>>acid maw
>Increased damage
This is the only one that even possibly makes sense, and unless they changed toxin sacs it still doesn't because it would be redundant.

>>spine bank's
>D6 shots when taking a wound in combat. Only once per phase
Jesus christ stop, it's a fucking gun, you are so bad at this.

So why aren't they doing a better job at it, also why don't all chapters have them then?

Index options are getting banned at all tournaments, source: Reece. He's also saying GW is going to put out something more official in the future saying index weapon swaps are no longer allowed, ONLY datasheets for units that aren't in Codexes like Rough Riders.

I was really hoping they would make a primaris captain in the same kind of kit

you're so stupid, it hurts.

Bio plasma was a plasma cannon. Spine banks were frag grenades. Stop.

I'm just spitballin. Apparently no fun can be had guessing shit

>So why aren't they doing a better job at it
They suck
>also why don't all chapters have them then?
See answer #1

No, they randomly replaced Banshee mask with their garbage mandiblasters.

Also fucking useless, swooping hawk autarch can't even use his weapons when he deepstrikes because fusion pistols have 6" range.

Are Khornates the only truly redpilled ones?

That... actually kind of sucks. I don't like Eldar much, but the 100% customisable Autarchs were always the expection.

>those nid buffs
YES

Isnt flawless customizability/using the items of all shrines kinda

the POINT of an Autarch?

>Head options
I approve but WYSIWYGfags are gonna be more insufferable in this edition

>No eviscerator priests

As a Tyranid player I insist you be insufferable about WYSIWYG. All real nidfags already have their Carni's fully magnetized, the only people who will suffer for this are bandwagonning newfaggots.

So Veeky Forums, redpill me on Primaris Aggressors. I play DA and have been pretty much indifferent about primaris so far, as I'm quite attached to my marinlets and have no desire to see them replaced.
But I'd like an infantry-based heavy fire squad that isn't as hopelessly frail as devastators and I don't mind the aggressor models (unlike the hideous jetpack boys or melee edgelords), so I'm considering picking some up.
How are aggressors best used? Any tips on what loadouts to give them and if they're worth the trouble?

If OOE heals 1 automatically, no way will a normal carnifex heal d3. Heal 1 on a 5 or 6 most likely

Good thing I don't give a fuck about tournies.

anyone here tried modeling minor xenos factions/units or makin their own?

why are there so many out of print metal wraithlords? and why do i want one?

How do you magnetize carapieces?

Read the second half, GW is going to drop the hammer because they're tired of releasing Codexes and having WAACfags immediately try to mix them with index shit for broken loophole combos.

Feel free to speculate, but at least learn what the role of the upgrade is before making shit up.

You assume that rule is staying the same and that they aren't buffing OOE.

Almost all special named characters have been buffed between indexes and codexes.

>It's going to be on a 6, regen 1
Cruddace please leave. There's not a human alive that would want you

Look up tutorials, it's easy with greenstuff.

-1CP Axu Detatchment Ministurm Priest, doesn't have a codex yet so you still have to use the index. I don't use CP that much (honestly forget about it most of the time) so works for me.

Only the first carapace is a seperate piece. Theres a nice flat area between the first carapace and the rest of it. You magnetise there.

>Tfw still have a shitload of Starship Troopers minis
>My flgs lets me use them as hormagaunts.

The Regenerate head is just OOE's head now, it's not going to be a biomorph.

Probably will be a Stratagem though. Pay 1-2 CP, immediately regain D3 wounds on a Monster.

Yes that's the whole fluff of them. Even in the new book since i have a copy 2ft away.

Autarchs attend every shrine in the CW and get one item of their choice from every single one. Seems that Warp spiders, dire avengers, and fire dragons are getting going extinct since they apparently don't have any shrines left for autarchs to take gear from.

>got into 40k at 8th edition drop
Don't lump me in with soon to be waacfags. I built a OOE and a fex with talons and two deathspitters. I'm magnetizing the other two fexes i got a month back and sat on to see what the new codex would bring

The watch. They are the watchers who watch the watchmen. They don't actually do anything though, they just watch. Sometimes on Halloween they wear brown robs and yellow glow-in-the-dark contact lenses but that's the extent of their characterization.

do you guys find it hot if orks can be sexy supermodel females haha

just asking haha

I hope we keep cheap deepstriking ripper troops to get all those CPs

Nids can fill detachments almost as well as guard

Reece confirms that GW said they would start work on the official listbuilder app for 40k as soon as the citadel paint app was done, so that means its already underway. Betting it'll be out right around/right after Chapter Approved.

aggressors are more like tactical termies without deepstrike than devastators

their slow speed and shirt range means they are usually a defensive unit (exception being infiltrating with the RG stratagem). if you have a anti-tank azrael firebase, aggressors could be both a countercharge unit and an anti-horde option that your heavy guns cant deal with. they also really love azraels invul aura.

if you arent building around the one super powerful DA special character, i doubt they're going to do much for you. they arent very popular among the codex chapters for a reason

I feel like 30pt elites, hs, and fa were a mistake on GW's part. Like you just can't compete in CP with someone who spends less than 150 points to fill any 3 slots.

tau were unaffected by the rift

I mean, limiting armies to 2 detachments helps, but not by a lot.

It wouldn't be that bad if you had options to get some extra CP elsewhere, like marines do with bobby.

Thats a can of worms I'm not sure I want opened. Maybe keep it exclusive to each superfaction's biggest character. Like, Bobby G for the Imperium, whoever the death chick is for Aeldari, the Swarmlord for nids, Abbadon for Chaos, etc.

Models you immediately regretted. Be it for being worthless on the field, to assembly/painting not coming out as nice as you envisioned.

Pic related, fucking 15 more to go too.

Yeah. 2 Brigades, I start with 21 CP, what's up.

You did this to yourself by doing weird kitbashes instead of using their glorious vanilla sculpts

The issue is that some of those lock in the subfaction.

True, but you can always run them in a Soup list

I don't know Abby's rules, but Bobby G has both a rule that boosts and one that boosts

What part of "Not a by a lot" is hard to understand?

IG already do it with warlord traits and relics, they should just hand out more of those.

>glorious
>human bigger than a space marine

u fukin wot?

>and one that boosts
I have bad news user.

>caring about marinelets
Compare them to Primaris, not the shit getting squatted.

I can get behind that approach

???

So my local group throws matches everyone once in a while where everyone has a lord of war and the goal is to kill the opponents lord of war while keeping your own alive

I've been having to borrow a friends knight for these but I think its about time I get my own for my marines

Was thinking of going with one of the larger tanks, the spartan or the typhon, does anyone have any experience with either of these and which one seems to be the more fun to play statewise?

>human
>not admech gods of fitness

youtube.com/watch?v=XUhVCoTsBaM

Maybe Sunday against Eldar. Our games take forever so I made a list to hopefully speed things up. I love running infantry squads and conscripts but I think if I stick to Bullgryn in chimeras, Scions deepstriking and some tanks it should go faster.

Might actually play my first full game which is weird.

Ive been painting for months and finally confident enough to field 2k

I'm not sure if I should buy a Shadowsword or some more Leman Russ tanks. I like both, and I very rarely have the chance to play other people since I live on a mountain. Is the Shadowsword fun to build?

My God. It's Ben Kingsley. This explains EVERYTHING. . .

It's an experience. Go for the shadowsword. Even if you don't get to play much it looks awesome on the shelf.

Not picking a high wound infantry model and putting them in as heavy cover as you can find, surrounded by a tarpit.

My FLGS is having a big D&D thing all day so the store is all claimed all day. I'd considering trying out the other local group but they start later into the afternoon and I have to work 3rds so that makes it a bit difficult to get a full game in.

Lord of War not HQ

As far as I'm aware aside from Rawbutt Gilligan there aren't any infantry LoW's for muhreens are there?

Besides I dont play Ultramarines, and don't give me that he can be used in any imperium army bullshit

You will spend a *long* time building a Shadowsword. Seriously, it has a bajillion pieces. Definitely worth it, though.

Shadowsword is really good. It's fucking obnoxious to fight against because it basically one shots anything it touches.

So like Assassination in Dawn of War?

I'd go with extreme and VIOLENT ARTILLERY BOMBARDMENT

What do with first forge world model, some of the lighting claws are fucked and need to be realigned.

How bad is it?

Put the bad pieces in hot water and see if you can bend them/straighten them/gay them

Imperium is getting removed from his keywords