DM starts playing music/atmospheric sounds to "enhance immersion"

>DM starts playing music/atmospheric sounds to "enhance immersion"
>Every has a quiet/bad mic so it just makes it even harder to hear people
>Sometimes the music is loud and annoying so it's hard to understand anyone

Luckily, Roll20 has an music volume slider for each player to adjust, so we never face this problem, ever

There’s this site that lets people watch YouTube videos in sync, with a little work you can I found this can serve as a room for the DM to play their music through. I only did it like once though and there are challenges.

For example looping music/videos on the site.

> set volume at 200% in discord if needed
> lower music volume via mixer
It's manageable, I guess.

>discord

The dm is doing his job, is the players without good mics dropping the ball.

Also:
- hey dm can you turn down the music a bit
- sure man.

I just reupload the shit I need directly on Youtube before each session, and I hand out the links to my players as the musics are coming up
this allows me to do plenty of stuff, but keep in mind that I spend a great amount of time sorting musics (not anything is good for a ttrpg, some music simply aren't fit for this) and making edits/animation placeholder for the video itself is also time consuming

>"Hey, can you turn down the music a bit? I can't hear anyone."

IS
IT
THAT
HARD

not everyone has fucking 20 CHA you goddamned normie fucktards. go back to r eddit REEEEEEE

I mean christ, what kind of tryhard is working so hard on "immersion" that he has to blare some fuckoff shitty band at everyone? He should just be a better DM

>implying you need to have "20 CHA" to act like an adult

really does a number on the noggin

You know, parodying autists doesn't mean just acting like them and expecting everyone to get in on the joke.

I tried using music once for a live session. It got grating pretty quickly. Not going to try again unless I can come up with 20+ hours of stuff.

That's why you just look up entire soundtracks and go to town, find a few specific tracks you want for bosses and important events.

He needs that 20 CHA to compensate for his 2 WIS.

That's what I did, but because I don't pay a lot of attention to background music normally and don't play that many fantasy games, I didn't have a lot to choose from.

tabletopaudio has a soundpad section.

Not the most in depth selection but you can broadcast it with a link and everyone can hear the same shit in their own browser.
Or you could ask the DM to turn it down.

Have you tried not playing DnD?

>music has anything to do with dnd

Synchtube?

Not him but I use Rabb.it

>play in person because I play with actual friends
>don't have this problem

I play with childhood friends too, we're just all over the country