HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

whats so funny

that wizards expects this to sell at all

Why wouldn't it ? Is it so bad ?
Sorry, I missed 4-5 editions, probably.

someones mom will buy this and they will act pleased

My FLGS ordered at least 10 of these. I have no idea why.

I think I got it: It says "Gift Pack" but has no ribbon on it. Gifts can't not have ribbons, el oh el.

The value of the products inside is lower than what they're selling it for, especially to casual people who don't dabble in the secondary market.

The basic land cards push it over the line in terms of technical value, but they will mean absolutely nothing to casual players.

>3 packs
>5 basic lands
>2 rares nobody cares about
>twenty (20) american shekels

That shit has about half the contents it should have to be possibly worth it.

>The basic land cards push it over the line in terms of technical value, but they will mean absolutely nothing to casual players.

The basic lands mean literally nothing to anybody who isn't a Rudy wannabe looking to buy 500 boxes as an "investment". Who the fuck wants one basic land of each type? Sure, they're pimp and shiny but you get fucking ONE of each. What the fuck do you do with one foil basic land? Put it in your deck, where it will stick out like a sore thumb? Nothing, that's what. You do nothing with one basic land no matter how pimp it is.

My LGS owner said Wizards starting doing this because Pokemon does the same thing. The difference I see with Pokemon is that all the foils are actually Pokemon casuals would like, not 5 basic lands and two creatures with little story significance that don't look cool.

>tfw this pile of shit has probably replaced gift boxes

also with 1 less booster

what a fucking failure by wizards

>My LGS owner said Wizards starting doing this because Pokemon does the same thing.

That's definitely the reason. They just missed the point completely. Those pokemon giant shitpacks don't sell because they're excessively large, they sell because the contents are actually good. An MTG equivalent for current standard would be like an alternate art Carnage Tyrant with a couple packs of Ixalan and some additional crap like a spindown that nobody cares about and maybe those pointless foil basics on top of it.

>3 packs (walmart price) : 10.50 USD
> 5 lands (10 cards to a pack so 1/2 the price of a pack): 1.75 USD
> 1 D20 (walmart price 10.29 / 7 = 1.47): 1.47 USD
> Kari Zev, Skyship Raider (ebay): .99 USD
> Metalwork Colossus (ebay) .99 USD
>total: 15.70 + tax USD
Going by walmart prices and such, the mini-poster is suppose to be worth at least 4.30 USD to be worth the 20.85 + tax USD price tag

Here you go.

>someones mom will buy this

Sadly, this piece of shit is going to sell at least a bunch of copies just because it has the word "gift" on it and it's the holiday season. Moms who know their kid plays Magic, but don't know anything about Magic, will see the words "gift pack" and buy it for their kid. And the kid will be too polite to tell her that she bought the literal worst, most worthless Magic product that's currently sold.

Cute

I want those fucking lands, but there is no way in shiny hell that I'm going to pay full price for them. As if anyone is going to buy... 30ish packs of this just to have pimp basics in their commander deck.

>The five basic land foils aren't full-art
>Guaranteed cards aren't heavily pushed/desired cards
>The guaranteed cards don't have alternative art nor foil
>One of the guaranteed cards creates a unique token: no card of that in sight
>Very generic looking dial down dice

Fix those fuckups and it could be worth it. But that would make the secondary market grumpy and Wizards can't do that.

I wish Veeky Forums could reach out to the moms of the world. Convince them of the error of their ways. But everyone is so suspicious of Veeky Forums, they forget we all have moms too.

dawww

As someone who has left magic and picked up Pokemon online, I'm pretty disappointed in WotC. The fact that it is only 3 packs and not mythic rares, the equivalent of a GX, is almost insulting.
One question, are the cards alternate art?

I think the public believes 4 Chan users came from the scum of the earth, like orcs

>3 packs
9usd max
>2 dollar rares
2usd max
>5 shiny non fullart basic lands
I don't know 50 cents?
>1 spindown dice
25 cents

11.75usd maximum is what you get for 20usd? Jesus fuck. They could of at least made the basics full art foils and made special full art art for the two shit rares. Then it would of meant something. Would of at least started a trade binder for new players and collectors would of wanted them.

If its signed up for the wizard program thing they have to stock the product or they risk losing membership.

I'm sure those stores love being forced to order a product that has no hope of selling.

Someone needs to do an edit of that scene from the Simpsons where Bart unwraps the Golf game.

Why do you think many stores opt out? Only some locations can make it work.

What are they gonna do? Stop selling Magic?

>there are people who play card games

hahahhahhaha everytime I go to my FLGS to play d&d or warhammer I swear to you most disgusting, weird, smelly, lowest of the low people, usually kids are the only people I see playing this kiddy stuff like magic or whats that japanese one yugioh shit?

>there are people who play war games

hahahhahhaha everytime I go to my FLGS to play chess or go I swear to you most disgusting, weird, smelly, lowest of the low people, usually kids are the only people I see playing this kiddy stuff like warmachine or whats that english one warhammer shit?

hahahhahhaha everytime I go to my FLGS to play gladiator combat or chariot racing I swear to you most disgusting, weird, smelly, lowest of the low people, usually kids are the only people I see playing this kiddy stuff like chess or whats that asian one go shit?

>everytime I go to my FLGS to [kiddy stuff] I swear to you most disgusting, weird, smelly, lowest of the low people, usually kids are the only people I see playing this kiddy stuff like magic or whats that japanese one yugioh shit?

?

>guaranteed cards are from 2 blocks ago
>not from the packs represented in the box
>Chandra is on the cover
>cannot get Chandra from any of the packs in the box

Autism overload engaging.

Fucking WOTC pisses me off so much. Is the only product they can’t completely fuck up commander decks?

Then we don't let them know it's Veeky Forums doing it.

>doesnt even come with the token for the rare

This reminds me, didn't someone from WotC say we were gonna get Monkey Pirates and Bird Pirates in Ixalan, but instead we got Goblins and Sirens...
I ,mean is a parrot to much to ask for?

If this was a Pokemon product the cards would be Chandra Torch of Defiance and Nicol Bolas God Pharaoh. It would include two more boosters, a Jace figurine or planeswalker symbol enamel pin. And it would still sell for $20

No.

The public believes Veeky Forums is Moot and he's a russian hacker.

You either eat this shit, FTVs and Anthologies crap. Or you don't get Masters sets and prize support boxes for normal sets.

Rudy also didn't buy a single one.

I may be misremembering, but I could've sworn the one at my local store had a Kaladesh booster instead of the Amonkhet one. They might not be set. Not sure which is sillier.

So when is WotC just going to go the LCG route? I don’t care if the cards have “I’M A CHEAP FAGGOT” printed on each one, I just want to play the game with a deck constructed how I want and not have to take out a second mortgage.
>inb4 hurrr it’s not that expensive

They don't even have an alt set symbol to indicate they're promo or a different foiling, which is what they did in the past for these kind of things. They're bog standard pack foils of junk rares.

I'm salt that they didn't spring for fun junk for casuals. I get why they're not, ya know, Chandra, Torch of Defiance or Scarab God, but why couldn't we get at least fun jank, like Scorpion God or the legendary Dino. They're not worth much and casuals go ga-ga over stupid shit like that.

>Rivals of Ixalan
>Parrot Version Birds of Paradise reprint

Good chance Imho

When it is determined that the LCG route is more profitable than the TCG route.
Booster Pack Lottery makes them a fuckload of money, why would they stop doing that?
Besides, Hasbro wouldn't let them, regardless of their opinions on the matter. With Hasbro in charge, making money will always be priority #1

I think they point here is, Hasbro doesn't know how to make money. They sabotaged MLP at the height of it's profitability and they've done pretty much everything they can to ruin Transformers. They poisoned the potentially infinite well of Marvel Universe figures and now Magic has been stuck in a valley after peaking continuously block after block since Alara until Battle for Zendikar. No wonder the execs and R&D are throwing darts to see what sticks they can't beat the sales of a set that had to get gutted thrice during development no matter how had they try.

you just answered your own question

I'm still convinced Mythic Rares were a Hasbro-mandated decision.

DUDE, A FOIL KARI ZEV AND A FOIL METALWORK COLOSSUS????? :0

Maro doesn't touch it. That's why commander decks are good.

Almost certainly

I saw people actually defending this product. There are NO bigger cucks than Magic Players. I'm so glad I got out of the game.

They were pretty shit this year. Fucking Tribal matters cards in a format that can't into aggro to save its life. And the less said about the DRAAGOOOONS deck the better.

The biggest fucking travesty is that the gift boxes from RTR to KLD were amazing for card storage.

It was fun from a lore perspective, at least.
Got Wasitora, Ramos, and Mairsil, And I guess Edgar.
And a generic piece of shit masquerading as a Spirit Hydra. Still gonna build a deck around the fucker.

Say it with me now...
Keep 'em cucked, Wizards!

>someones mom will buy this and they will act pleased
This. My mom would've bought this when I was a kid (if I would've gotten into mtg sooner). She never listened to me and always wanted to "surprise" me. She was repeatedly disappointed by me not liking her gifts. She never learned.

I'm 40 and she still sends me dumb shit.

Your Mom sounds nice and you sound like sort of a cunt.

Ha, no.

Birds is never coming back. They've spoke out against Llanowar Elves being too good Birds, is pretty herpes in their eyes.

The power creep has elevated to the point where ramping out to some 3-mana creature or threat on T2 is completely insane. Before it was a matter of weighing whether or not you needed to shoot the bird; now from any deck's perspective that bird has to die. Because a curve that features bird is a greedy curve and it's even moreso now.

I would have to question whether the mom is buying gifts to make herself feel good or is she buying them to get something for the 40-year-old to enjoy? When I buy people a gift, I agonize over it to make sure I'll get them something they'll actually enjoy and find useful, rather than just clutter their life with more garbage.

Cunt

damn i wish I had your mom. she sounds like she cared about you

>I'm 40
sure doesn't sound like it. grow up

I make a lot of money selling unhinged swamps. And I'll do the same with unstable ones.

You can't blame parents for not knowing more of their children's hobbies, if it's not magic, it'll be some other dumb toy.

>even acknowledging Tragic the Cuckening

Just play with proxies nigga. If you actually had a decent store nearby they'd allow proxy cards in tourneys that have no prizes.

>there is an alternate universe where mtg works like the pokemon tcg
>fair online system
>reasonably priced cards

Remember that this is what players asked for. Wizards reprinted cards before to make them have reasonable prices and that's why the reserved list was born.
That's also how FoW dug their own grave and lost many players, there's no way around it

>reasonably priced cards
>3 Tapu Lele in every-single deck
>£50 each
>reasonably priced
YEAH NO

My bad. When I played, Shamin was the only card needed and it wasn't that much.

>Shaymin
>Only card needed
>It wasn't that much
That card was £45. And a top-tier deck needed 2.

>Carnage Tyrant
That would be cool but unlikely since it's from the newest set. Amonket block would be more likely.

But I don't play Magic so what do I know.

This is probably grade-a bait, but otherwise you are lucky to have a mother that loves such a snide, ungrateful gremlin.

this is for friends of mtg ppl who dont know what to get them for christmas

>the absolute state of nuMagic

>it's to swindle the loved ones of players

Magic: The Gathering ladies and gentlemen. Absolutely shameless.

Final Fantasy TCG is affordable and doing everything right atm.

God damn it's annoying that franchises like Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon and Vanguard are doing well while this games playerbase is only steadily growing. I probably prefer it to Magic, but I play Magic more.

>Got Wasitora
Sure, a hideously off-flavor version bastardized to shill EDH's multicolor obsession. The only good thing was the kitten token.
>Ramos
Cool as hell, but that fucking Beast Wars tier art, Jesus Christ.
>Mairsil
Should have been five colors, he's the Rainbow Mage for christ's sake. Yeah he was stealing his powers from Ith, but he had those powers nonetheless.
>And I guess Edgar
nuMagic sparklepire, would be better off unprinted.

The one thing that kind of annoys me is the lack of formats. Though I dig pauper, standard and title, I'd like something casual I could show my normie friends like commander.

top cunt

Tribal decks weren't bad user
Wizards was for spikes, Dragons was for Timmys, Vampires was for Aggrolords, and Cats was for retards. It had a deck for everyone and I consider it alright

you could only play them against other tribal preconstructs, unlike previous offerings which had enough spells and tools that interact with your opponent to give you a chance against other EDH decks. The Tribal decks were glorified Planeswalker decks, built purely for idiots to buy. They were fucking BAD.

>Reminder

>and Cats was for retards.
you can make a Cat deck work, as long as you are not a pussy

>Jace bangs a goth and a snek lady while """"Chad"""" Gideon is too much of a retard to pick up on any social cues

Parrot reprint of Birds of Paradise when?

>Jace, telepathic fuccboi, is a beta fag to both of them. Both also tried to kill him at somepoint (directly or indirectly),and the JacexVraska fanfiction is running the already average ixalan
>Chadeon Jura doesn't need any thots. Zendikar 1 and Theros had Great stories

Gideon? More like "You-Gotta-Be-KIDDEON-Me."

My ramos edh runs one of each basic.

>That's also how FoW dug their own grave and lost many players, there's no way around it

Could someone explain what happened to Force of Will? Never followed it.

>Final Fantasy TCG

Well, it is better for it to grow steadily insteading of having a boom and then collapse suddenly like Force of Will or many other card games that just fizzle out in less than two years

Powercreep caused a sudden "collapse" and the game was forced to introduce a rotation earlier than expected IIRC, I believe the game is coming back although rather slowly

Why doesn't Magic just reprint everything like Yugioh does?

Part of the reason is that Magic is more conservative when it comes to bans.

(((Speculators))) =/= Players

The game almost died because of that, some players also didn't like 1000$ collections being reduced to half or less of their value. As much as people meme about it being better, a lot of modern players would quit if every deck in the format was suddently worth 50$ like they should be.