/40kg/ Warhammer 40,000 General

Sisters are Cute, Cuteeeee Edition

Reminder that today is the last Day of Made to Order Eldar

>Daily Duncan Playlist
youtube.com/watch?v=LOi3CzZjV0M

>GW FAQ (1.1):
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata#40k-errata

>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

frontlinegaming.org/2017/10/26/preview-40k-video-bat-rep-new-eldar-vs-death-guard/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

First for word bearers models playing counts as sisters.

Nth for thornback carnifexes

I think OP is broken. I don't see the CRAFTWORLDS CODEX.

So how do new Aeldari/Ynnari compare to Chaos and Imperium soup? Can they take on Alphabet Chicken/Magnus combo?

>Aeldari

lel

What are we all working on this weekend anons?
I'm sick but slowly working through my Mandrakes

Or maybe be patient

the SMS from the DS8 Tactical support turret of the fire warriors has the 6 rockets as modelpart or the 3? the manuel doesn't tell.

Cwe codex is like plastic SoB, every time someone asks for it, it wont get uploaded for another day

Here guys, i baked some cupcakes just for (you)

>anytime an enemy model successfully wounds this model, it immediately suffers a str 3 AP 0 d1 hit.

Prepare to be underwhelmed.

Waiting for two things:

>carnifexes to finally be BACK IN FUCKING STOCK FOR FUCKS SAKE GW ITS BEEN LIKE 6 MONTHS

>To see if theyre doing Made to Order tyranids because i want those OG warriors and Cuddlefex

>not knowing what the thornback did when it had rules
Peasant

There's no Aeldari Magnus or Guilliman.

Sisters a cute!

Watch out Chaos!

#

Well, It's not 7th anymore, so I thought now might be a good time to do the Iyanden force I had my eye on for a bit in 6th.

And (you)s you shall have.

What the fuck are you doing?

My trench melee weapons from anvil inustriesarrived recently so i will give some good old clubs and hatchets to my kriegers

How do digital weapon earrings work?

Give us the link so next OP will have it.
It's that simple.

I don't actually care what it did when it had rules, and I doubt GW does either.

>Cork basing

Always just looks like someone stuck a bunch of cork to their bases.

I'm currently making papercraft SoBs.
I suggest that craftworld players follow my example and make origami codexes.

Is that an assault spoon?

I want to homebrew rules for a Breacher Tactical Squad for a boarding focused game I have in a few days.

Would

>PL 5 for 5 members
>+5 PL for 5 additional members
>M5", otherwise Marine Statline
>5++

or

>PL 5 for 5 members
>+5 PL for 5 additional members
>M5", otherwise Marine Statline
>may reroll saves

be better? It's a Horus Heresy era game, so Marines vs Marines, so it won't be a massive advantage for one side anyway.

I'm close to finishing my Raptors.

I just need to do the white cloths, then the highlights and the eyes.

They're grenades, IIRC.
You boop them and throw them at the enemy.

Rise of the Ynnari: Ghost Warrior epub share anyone?

>grenade earrings
That's pretty Orky.

Chaos soup lists can work without Magnus, tho. Cultist, Malefic Lords, plasma termies and AL zerkers are all pretty nasty on their own.

Those look really good, is that the actual Raptor kit? Looks like noise marine bits in there, but I'm not a fucking traitor so idk. very EC, and very well painted

i second this. pretty please?

Pretender.

Power Spoon
>S: User AP: -1

Using the citadel texture/mud to add texture to the top of some cork

It is the 41st Millenium, in a distant world ,in a forgotten trench . One man,who has been pushed too far. He was hunted ,trapped. And forced to fight back.
He will use everything in his disposal to fight the Emperors enemies.

Assault spoon? You mean a standard-issue tactical flesh scooping device.

Thanks!

They are the old metal raptors, no conversions whatsoever.

I manage to acquire two boxes, so I can have two special weapon guys.

Both new and old raptors look very "Noisy" indeed.

I love those Raptors. But you haven't seen old yet.

Considering picking up the Burning of Prospero box because it's a pretty good deal for GW & I have a hard-on for pre-heresy 1kSons. Can't seem to find the rules on any of the OP's Megas so was wondering if someone could answer this: are the rules compatible with 8th ed 40k? No one at my local GS plays 30k & would rather not have to try & do a counts-as list (not least because that inevitably means dropping thirty-five psykers)

What is it you're asking? I'm confused. The only rules for preheresy 1ks are in HH, which will be stuck in 7th edition until they finish the books, which will be apx 5 years after the conclusion of the actual horus heresy in real life. Otherwise, just use them as Rubrics or something.

30k is its own game system based on 7th, and isn't compatible with 8th.

Well, yeah I can see that but why would you use cork?

And why would you make the bases without the miniatures?

Lovely !

Any chance for Craftworlds to get into a GT top 10 with the codex?

>But you haven't seen old yet.
But I have user.
I have.

Sooooon

>which will be apx 5 years after the conclusion of the actual horus heresy in real life.

I always cover the cork with sand then apply texture. It gets rid of any of the cork look.

Is Reecius retarded or can Eldar with no anti-tank actually win anything competitive?

frontlinegaming.org/2017/10/26/preview-40k-video-bat-rep-new-eldar-vs-death-guard/

So the GW Burning of Prospero box uses the same 30k rules as the Forgeworld stuff? Makes sense, dunno why I assumed it wouldn't. Cheers both

>Shitting on cork
While not preparing and painting bases beforehand
bruh

Tons of comp lists seem to have mild anti tank and do well. I don't really get it. I've seen lists that look like they would get stomped at my store but win tournaments so I think I'm missing something.

Godspeed.

You can use the models for 40k, though. The only issue here is that its 1ks, who have a distinct look. However, I dont see a problem using MkIII Marines painted in preheresy colors as Rubrics, especially considering that the standard blue and yellow is supposed to be Ahriman's boys.

30k has different rules than 40k, but you can use the models for 40k. You're just not going to be using the HH rules for thousand sons. I play night lords and the majority of my force uses MKIV bodies from Betrayal at Calth. Like I said above, if you want to play 1KS using the Prospero models, you'd have to use them as Rubrics, which I don't see being much of an issue. You can even get rotor cannons to use as soul reapers.

Why is the twin heavy stubber the best Heavy Weapon Team ?
Forgeworld pay to win much ?

Wanting to play an army with only one model with toughness lower than 6 will always be waacfaggotry.

>frontlinegaming.org/2017/10/26/preview-40k-video-bat-rep-new-eldar-vs-death-guard/
Eh looks fine. Fire Dragons and Avatar do have high Str high AP shots/melee, and if you drown something in enough shurikens you'll get a couple of ap3 hits.

godfather reecius

Iyanden is one of the worst choice for a ghost army.
Altoic is by far the best.

So all you need to do is kill Fire Dragons and kite the Avatar and your tanks will be safe almost all game?

>all you have to do is kill the counter and I'm fine

No shit

Well, the morale bonus is good for 10 man wraith squads anyhow right?

Honestly at this stage my biggest thought is "Can I tweak the start collecting Farseer into a spirit seer and still have it look good?"

pffft... who needs to kill tanks when I have objective secured?

So what biomorphs is everyone excited about?
and what should we expect nid warriors to get? They're my favorite unit and supposed to be extremely customizable, but I'm not sure how many old options are on the modern sprue

I mean sure ya. However his opponent is DG so not sure how much kiting he will be able to do to Eldar. Still not super sure how'll he will deal with Morty but we'll see.

What do I give my carnifexes?
Is plasma good? Shooty or stabby?
pls

Do y'all just only play infantry? How can a garbage list like that do anything?

I do bases seperately if I’m priming the model a different color from the base

>What do I give my carnifexes?

shining spears kill morty pretty efficiently

Wait for the codex, boi. Fuckload more options.

Wait for the codex, then decide.

Otherwise, magnetize.

sms has 6
the higher strength missile pod has 3
this is true, regardless of where its mounted (hammerhead, crisis,XV88...)

Yeah thanks man. For some reason I'd assumed that the 30k rules were exclusive to FW's stuff & that therefore GW's HH sets would use summat different, & was hoping it'd be to 8th ed format.

Having a look at the Index rules & it seems like using them as Rubrics isn't going to be as much of a problem as I'd expected (last time I was playing they still had Slow-&-Purposeful & fell apart if the Sorcerers died). Shame about being stuck with the Dark Hereticus powers, Death to the False Emperor & all the Chaos tags, but will just have to roll with that

there's a new codex?
when?

okay cool thanks.

Iyanden is fine, I'd take some Wraithlords/Knights/Wave/FirePrism however and make the most use outta the wound degrade buff.
>spiritseer
Eh use a warlock for that. Farseers are alittle taller. Where as warlocks you can just swap the helm and glue some wraithbone to his back and be close enough
Best awnser is magnitize everything so this isnt a problem in the future. Second best awnser is wait for your codex later in November. You'll regret gluing it together now.
I dunno it's usually fine. If they play objectives and just dance around the slow as shit DG it should be fine.
Well ya but he dosnt have any in that list.

Shining spears are hot garbage, if they kill morty they need better players for their batreps

previews for it start this week, so in about 2 to 3 weeks we'll have a pdf.

A couple of weeks away

Have faith, everyone's favourite xenos will be at full strength soon...hopefully.

Can Avatar of Khaine deep strike? How is it expected to ever be in range for Court of Young King?

Cawl, finished robes, black tubes next

>Magnus carrying his army
>again

Accurate representation of your average game, i see.

Do we know fluff behind that pic? Eldrad vs Magnus sounds interesting.

Plus there's also a new Start Collecting set to go alongside it

Those robes look fantasic man
How long did it take you to git that gud?

They better be as busted as Eldar

GODDAMMIT.
I need a carnifex/monster mash mixup box so badly

>Is Reecius retarded
You answered your own question user

Ignore WAAC players
Don't link WAAC lists
Disregard anything WAAC tourney related
Friendly players and games only

Currently painting some Intercessors, Aggressors, Sanguinary Guards, and the Sanguinor.

doesnt look that hard to replicate, base & wash and a few highlights

>Is Reese's Pieces retarded
Gee user, ya think?

Ah yes. Means we're getting 9" moving 2+/5++ 9W T8 Carnifeces for less than a hundred points because that's what they "used to do"

Favorite power weapons? I'm big on spears, halberds, and the claws.

Just buy ww2 M2 in 1/32; or scratchbuild some them, it's just a box with a tube on the end.

What did they do? I started in 6th, but a lot of my friends played nids since the start

>board wide assaults are happening
>only one banshee survived running up the board
scary accurate. Also I have no idea where the picture comes from. Saved it from here awhile back. However I feel like Eldrad is a bit outmatched, but I guess he does have an Avatar and three fucking Wraithknights about to smash Magnus booty so.

I painted my first dudes about 2.5 years ago. Following tutorials (praise be to Duncan) and Veeky Forums helped tons.

This is true. I just followed Duncan's tutorial, but overdid the wash so I decided to deviate with the highlight (still using the same colors though).

>carefully comb potential player lists to avoid anyone who builds their army better than mine
>shame the community to ensure more people build their army worse than mine
>expect everyone else to change to suit my army rather than for me to change my army to suit everyone else
>not waac as fuck

Please do.